Glee's All-Time Best Semifinals Begin: 'Don't Stop Believing' Vs. 'Teenage Dream'!

It’s a tale of two show choirs as we kick off the semifinals of’s Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament. But will you choose William McKinley High School’s New Directions or the Dalton Academy Warblers?

Yes, folks, it’ll either be “Don’t Stop Believing” or “Teenage Dream” that will earn the first of two coveted spots in the finals of our month-long tournament to determine which song-and-dance routine ranks No. 1 in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy.

On Thursday, July 21, around 4:00 p.m. ET, we’ll launch our second semifinal battle, and voting for the finals will begin on Saturday, July 23. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Semifinals voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in how we narrowed the field from 64 down to 4 — click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. mina says:

this has to be one of the easiest poll among all!

• Daniel says:

Well, Don’t Stop is the reason why I started watching Glee. Teenage Dream was cool, but after the Warblers and Darren Freaking Cris became so annoying, I’ll give my vote to DSB!

• Brock says:

Don’t Stop Believing is the ORIGINAL Glee smash. It’s only right that it should win the top spot.

• Suse says:

The difference between DSB and TD is in the quality of the songs, though. Yes, DSB was the first time we saw that first little collection of New Directions members singing together, and it was exciting. But DSB was nonetheless a not-very-good cover of a well-known rock song, while TD took a mere song-of-the-moment and completely reworked it into something that became a classic of its own. TD defines what Glee is all about – being original and creative!

• Suse says:

Not to mention that, ironically, while the version of DSB from the Pilot has sentimentality going for it, the version that was performed by the expanded choir later at Regionals was actually a much better orchestration and cover of the song!

• Gretchen says:

Agreed. If it was the Regionals version of DSB, I would have voted for it. But as it is, I prefer Teenage Dream.

2. Glee Kid says:

Everyone we all know who is going to win. Don’t Stop Believing. It’s all due to Mike Chang’s dancing ability. Don’t Stop for the win.

3. BarbaraGleek says:

Nooo, I liked Teenage Dream!

4. KlaineGleek says:

Teenage Dream is AWESOME!!

5. Fabricio says:

DSB is an american classic rather if we love or hate the Glee’s cover. TD was only a last summer hit

• Norweagen says:

But what if you’re not american, huh?

• John Q. Public says:

“What if you’re not American?”

Who thinks the majority of we, as Americans, care about your “global” position then? Come up with your own country’s version of Glee and populate it with your own hits.

P.S. Don’t Stop Believing!

• Captain says:

“Americans only care about Americans. The rest of the world doesn’t exist.” typical Americans.

• Azrael says:

Oh my gosh, it’s stupid American supremacists like you that make the rest of us look insensitive, unintelligent, and self-obsessed. I, for one, think it’s awesome that Glee is a worldwide hit. Music is different in other countries, but American music is popular in quite a few of them. I’m not saying American music is better than other countries’, it’s just popular. I believe that Glee is a way for Americans to demonstrate what we think is popular to other populations that don’t listen to American music. You should think about how you say things before you say them. You’ll only be met with hate if you don’t.

• Josh says:

Correction. It was a classic until it was brutally murdered by auto-tune.

6. DarrenGleek says:

I love Teenage Dream! For me it’s one of the best songs ever!

• Meredith says:

I agree. Love the song, love Darren, love this version, love it all. But I love DSB more, no question.

• CC says:

Agreed. I love DSB, but this? Amazing. It made me excited about Glee when I had lost interest, as opposed to just making me like it to begin with.

7. kurthummel says:

Teenage Dream is amazing!! The Warblers are incredible!

8. derp says:

Hmmm… one of the most classic songs there is that pretty much defines the show…. orrr a crappy Katy Perry song from the guy who took attention of the main cast?

This is easy

9. Ashley says:

Easiest one so far. I never understood why people raised such a fuss over “Teenage Dream”.

10. klaine says:

Teenage Dream :D

11. Amy says:

Sorry Warblers, this is an obvious choice. Don’t Stop is Glee classic and would be a shame not to go to the finals!

12. Luminosity says:

I think Teenage Dream was the best song that Glee has ever done. JMHO

13. Ben says:

Hate how you’re making me vote for Teenage Dream, love Blaine but there’s much better songs and his fans annoy me. DSB terribly overrated Somebody to Love should have got through.

14. cmj says:

the presence of a song during the Pilot doesn’t mean carte blanche for being good or great. Its good, but not as good as Teenage Dream.

These brackets suck to begin with. This isn’t so much Glee’s best musical number as What TVLine readers think about Sleezeacks’s favorite Glee performances.

15. Gleek says:

If those Warblers beat out DSB I will lose faith in this fandom.

• Erc says:

Agreed. It’s probably a bunch of newbies and/or Blarren fans that are blindly voting for Teenage Dream. There is no other explanation for the amount of votes it’s getting.

TD over DSB? Don’t Stop Believing MADE Glee. It is a staple song for the show and the spirit of Glee as a whole. Teenage Dream is just an auto-tuned song that has nothing to do with the show. It’s pointless, just like the Warblers. If you vote The Warblers over New Directions, there is something seriously wrong there.

• Umm...okay says:

Actually I love Glee’s acapella interpretation of Teenage Dream. It was a fresh, new sound for the show. And I love Blaine. He’s one of my favorite characters. I’m still voting for DSB though because when I think of Glee, that’s the first song that pops into my head.

• Erc says:

Sorry for generalizing. The reason I said that is because I’m always reading comments saying that Teenage Dream is the best song Glee has done and that the Warblers are the best thing to happen to Glee. I’ve been here since the pilot, so it baffles me that some actually believe these statements. If they are fans purely because of Blaine and/or the Warblers, there is something wrong there. Glee has always been about New Directions and their journey. It’s okay to love Blaine–I know a lot of people who do–but when some start saying that he or the Warblers are more important than the New Directions (hence voting for Teenage Dream simply because it represents Blaine and/or the Warblers and their “impact” on the show), I take it as an insult to the Glee that I’ve loved from the pilot when it was all about the New Directions. Sorry if this is any way insulted you, but this is something that has been bothering me for a while.

• jessica b. says:

I don’t thing that The Warblers are more meaninfull to the show than ND, not for one second, I actually would love if Blaine could join ND and we coulde never see TW again, but I still voted for Teenage Dream. Not only because of Blaine, but because of Kurt. I think that the musical numbers are more substancial when they are inserted in the stoylines and Teenage Dream is a great example of that (not saying that DSB isn’t), with everything that was going on with Kurt back then, he found a safe place, he (and we) met for the first time Blaine, and the whole vibe is fairy taile like, so Teenage Dream right on, and yeas, I do love Darren’s voice and that version of the song, but that’s not the only reason it got my vote, I think mainly I voted in Teenage Dream because fo Kurt, because of what that meant to him, and he’s had of the most heartfelt sotoylines this last season.

• fullmetal says:

Actually Darren has a better singing voice than most of the members of Glee, and is actually a quality actor. Which is more than the show deserves because it’s basically crap. But sure throw the word auto-tune around like you actually know anything, whatever. I don’t understand the weird “Gleeks” who hate him just because he’s new, since he brings something different and unique to the table that you think more people would appreciate since they supposedly love the show so much. After all, he made me (and others) give the show another chance after my ears were tortured by the terrible covers it kept churning out before him. (Now those were auto-tuned messes.)

• fullmetal says:

But hey this isn’t all directed at you – mostly the people who hate newness in their shows just because it’s new. That’s always bothered me about almost every show’s fandom, really.

• Laura says:

You lost all credibility when you claimed that Darren was a quality actor.

• Shianne says:

ok so you laura lost all credibility when you disagreed with someones OPINION on something they think is right god people these days

• mmm says:

Darren’s a terrible actor though… like cringe-worthy bad. Like Agron/Salling bad.

• Joe says:

Darren isn’t a better actor or singer than Lea. Even Darren want her to sing songs. He is a great performer yes.

Don’t stop is a classic and it what put glee on the map.

• phylosaccount says:

Darren Criss is not a better singer than Lea Michele or Amber Riley, he’s actually nowhere near as good as them.
          And he’s a terrible actor as in seriously terrible.

• Kaheels says:

I actually had a hard time with this one. I love DSB, but the one in the pilot isn’t fantastic. I agree with the person who said “Somebody to Love” was better. Also, I liked the later version of DSB with the whole group instead of just the original six. I hate Katy Perry’s version of Teenage Dream, but I actually like the Warblers take on it, especially since they actually sing a capella like a lot of show choirs I’ve seen. Ultimately, I think New Directions has to be in the final, but I wish I was voting for the later version of DSB. I love Blaine/Darren Criss, but I agree that the Warblers got old by the end of the season.

16. kristin says:

I can’t believe this is even a question. Don’t Stop Believing hands down 100% better than Teenage Dream. DSB is like the Glee anthem for heavens sake!

17. karishma says:

dats such a tough one!!!
    nd v/s warblers…both my favorites!!
    though darren crisis wud mak thngs favorable 4 warblers

18. gleeanon says:

Whoever picks Teenage Dream over DSB, I sincerely judge you. Katy Perry vs Journey. Come on, now. The vote should be unanimous, I don’t even now why they would put these two in a poll in the first place.

• K says:

But we’re not voting on who originally sung the songs. We’re judging on which Glee performance you prefer.

• Kiersten says:

Amen to the comment from K, and also, it’s great that you judge people when this show PROMOTES DIVERSITY AND ACCEPTANCE, DOESN’T IT?
      Wow. Good job dissing fans who have different opinions.
      Maybe you should take a look at that.
      I am fine with your opinion, I don’t judge you for the least in it. But judging those whose differ? Excellent support for the show.

• TayMads says:

I personally think that DSB and Teenage Dream are both overrated. I mean I get that DSB was the anthem of the show but I personally think it is more of an anthem for the first season rather than the second. If it was the regionals performance I would have voted for it but if you are simply voting for DSB because you don’t like the Warblers or because Journey is better than Katy Perry so you are voting for Journey then you don’t understand this poll at all. This poll is about which song is better. It is about which performance is better and seeing that neither Journey or Katy Perry sang these songs on the show there is no point of even bringing the two up. When I saw DSB for the first time I personally didn’t see what the big deal was. I thought it was good because they finally worked together as a group and sang in harmony but that’s about it. I thought it was an okay performance but then again I thought the same thing about Teenage Dream as well. In the end, it just depends on which performance you thought was more performing. You shouldn’t bash someone because they voted for Teenage Dream over DSB. It’s their opinion and if you are seriously judging someone for that that I sincerely judge you.

19. TheReasonsY says:

The face off I have been WAITING for. It was inevitable and I can’t wait to see the results and the snark that will be on the boards over this.

20. Hyde says:

Teenage Dream had amazing harmonies and took a song I wasn’t too keen on and made it tolerable to me. But Don’t Stop is how it all began! Its an amazing rendition (the original was better than the regional version to me even though it had Noah in it). So I voted Don’t Stop.

• Jenny says:

That is exactly how I felt. TD made me like a song that I didn’t really like and I still only listen to the Warbler’s version. But Don’t Stop is really where it all started. It was made the show.

21. Hyde says:

I wanna know why Noah’s rendition of Sweet Caroline wasn’t included under solos. Because it was AMAZING!

22. Lily says:

Teenage Dream has my vote. I know I’m biased by my Klaine-shipping heart, but TD is my favorite song that Glee’s ever done.

If it has to lose to something though, I’m glad it’s something as awesome as DSB. LOL.

23. Michaela says:

This is really a matter of Darren Criss being awesome, everyone. :P

24. Laure says:

2 years later and i still love their version of DSB.

25. Mike N. says:

OG New Directions > OG Warblers

26. Paris says:

I will vote for anything for the overrated Teenage Dream to lose and even though people accuse Don’t stop believing as overrated, it was a great cover. It also made sense with the plot. The Warblers could have sang any song because it didn’t matter to the plot. Also it was when glee was started. New Directions is what flee is all about not the warblers even though ryan murphy kept on shoving them down our throat.

• Raya says:

While I can very much agree the show’s focus shouldn’t have been (nor was it ever really) the Warblers, and that some of the Warbler numbers were not plot-relevant (Bills, Bills, Bills, for instance), Teenage Dream is probably the one VERY relevant Warbler number (bar Somewhere Only We Know, which was a joint number with New Directions anyway). The entire point was that Kurt, who’s being bullied and harassed and feels incredibly alone because he’s the only out gay kid he knows, has found this “idealistic” world where that doesn’t exist. Obviously that world and his view of Blaine (which is originally idealistic, hence why Blaine seemed so “flawless” initially and why Kurt thought Blaine had feelings for him when he didn’t) later shattered, but Teenage Dream’s lyrics were relevant. The song is about hook-ups on the surface, but teenage dreams and sexual fantasies are often far more perfect than the real experience could ever be; Teenage Dream, for Kurt, was his first exposure into what seemed to be a perfect world. Perhaps you find Don’t Stop Believing more relevant, but that doesn’t mean Teenage Dream wasn’t. :)

• Paris says:

I bet you are a klaine shipper. It was hard for me to take your comment seriously because you were basically analyzing a Katy Perry song about sex. The song was not relevant to the plot at all no matter how many times you try to convince me.

• LOL says:

And the fact that you’re not open to other people’s views also makes your point irrelevant.

• Jenn says:

If you don’t like Teenage Dream that’s fine. It’s your opinion. But I really fail to see how anyone could argue that song was not one of the defining moments for Kurt as a character in season 2. After being so so low– bullied, ignored, underappreciated– Kurt steps into Dalton and for the first time in his life appears to have a boy overtly serenading him. It’s the first time Kurt sees that things can be better and different and something more than how he was being treated at McKinley. Again, regardless of whether you enjoy TD or the Warblers, the whole arc was just so important to Kurt’s character development in Season 2 that I really find it hard to see people claiming it’s irrelevant.

• Shianne says:

OK so all i have to say is that yes your point is relevant and yes so was teenage dream but it doesnt matter what song wins its a stupid poll

27. Raya says:

I’m still bitter that Rose’s Turn didn’t make it past Don’t Rain, so I’m voting for Teenage Dream, just because it doesn’t have a chance. Both were well done on Glee though.

• phylosaccount says:

Bwahahahaha Rose’s turn winning over Don’t Rain on My Parade would have been more ridiculous than Teenage Dream winning over DSB. Rose’s turn wasn’t even all that well sung. Chris could only handle it because it’s a beginner’s song. If you want true amazing vocals from Chris that could somewhat stand a chance against Don’t Rain on My Parade then listen to Some People. His best solo so far and by far.

28. Laura says:

Don’t Stop Believing. It is the whole theme of the entire show. No matter what odds are against you, don’t stop believing. Teenage Dream was only popular because it came at a convenient time. Don’t Stop Believing is Glee.

29. Lilu says:

Ugh I worry about the new gleeks and the love for darren. glee is not about the warblers even though it was a good cover, it does not compare to don’t stop believing. It made me gain interest in the show glee. After that Teenage Dream cover, glee started making the trek of going downhill imo.

30. ggny says:

Seriously if you are not voting for Don’t Stop Believing why are you even watching the show? DSB is what made this show what it is all Teenage Dream was is a average cover of a popular song during a horrible 2nd season

• A says:

agree 100%

• Kiersten says:

Wow. Good job dissing fans who have different opinions.
      Isn’t this show about opening yourself up to diversity and acceptance?
      Sounds like something you need to learn.
      I’m fine with you having yours, just not with you trying to say yours is better.

• eewww though says:

And your opinion is crap.

• Kiersten says:

I still respectfully disagree with yours.

• JL says:

^^^ OHHH LOOK
          “ewwww though” seems to have missed the point of the show entirely
          Almost all of the people who want DSB to win are just insulting TD and Darren and the Warblers rather then saying why they think DSB should win.
          I don’t ship Klaine
          I think Darren’s talented but i’m not really a fan of his
          I prefer New Directions to the Warblers
          and i’m voting for Teenage Dream because I am disgusted by how all of the DSB people are behaving.

• ggny says:

Im not dissing anyone opinion i like Darren but Teenage Dream wasnt that good and DSB is what made Glee what it is

also Darren had much better covers. his cover of The Black Kids “Im not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you” was great and it probably one of the most listin to songs on my ipod

31. Amy says:

Teenage Dream while a good cover, for me symbolizes the beginning of everything that went wrong with season 2. So I’d vote against it even if I didn’t love DSB.

• Puckleberry says:

I’m with Amy. That was the moment it all went downhill. And I like Darren Criss (not his character Blaine, though). He’s quite yummy!

32. Dani says:

I love them both. But really I would rather listen to Teenage Dream repeatedly than DSB. I love the Warblers and I love New Directions (Like who here doesn’t?!) I don’t think it’s overrated or crappy, or shoved down people’s throats, I don’t see why some people get so pissed off about Blaine/Darren and the Warblers getting screen time, they were sort of the way for Kurt to get a big story line. They’re both definitely great songs and great covers, but I prefer Teenage Dream.

33. bamabunny says:

Even the most devoted of us “Klainers” have to agree…”Don’t Stop Believing” for all the marbles. It’s the heart and soul of the show and the Warblers intro wouldn’t be here without the Journey hit sung by that original rag-tag team of six.

Losing in the Final Four ain’t too shabby, Teenage Dream.

• Maria says:

where are you getting your info because us “most devoted klainers” we are voting for Teenage Dream honestly…If it were the DSB regionals version i’d vote for it but it’s the pilot version so no way

Teenage Dream ALL THE WAY

34. Ravenclawdia says:

I’m voting Teenage Dream for innumerable reasons. While I love the pilot DSB, it doesn’t showcase the voices of New Direction that I’ve come to love. Were it the S1 finale DSB up for the running, I’d have a harder time, but I’d still choose TD.

TD symbolizes an immense array of things, on and off the show. I never really liked the Katy Perry version, to be honest. It was just another pop song about sex. Nothing revolutionary. But in the context of Glee, it was the first show that Darren Criss– somebody who I’ve been a fan of for over a year and who means the world to me– would be singing. It skyrocketed his fame, something that I believe he deserves a thousand times over. It opened innumerable doors for him and for his fandom.

It was also the first time anybody really sang to Kurt, and introduced the Klaine friendship and pairing. As a Kurtsie, anything that makes Kurt smile– let alone anything that introduces him to a new best friend and some vital character growth and development– gets all the awards in my book.

And now, almost a year after the fact, it still symbolizes a hell of a lot in the show, in the fandom, etc. It’s the reason Darren’s role was extended, the reason the Warblers stuck around for as long as they could, the reason that this group of people who mean the world to me and the thousands who support them were able to go on a tour performing for hundreds of thousands of people. And it’s the reason that the door to Klaine opened. I’m not even going to get into Klaine, because I could write thousands upon thousands of words on the matter. Actually, I’ve done just that on many occasions.

TL;DR: Teenage Dream deserves all the awards, in my book.

• Lilu says:

you klaine shppers and darren lovers sicken me with your biasness. Best performance not love for a person.

• Ravenclawdia says:

Well, there are these things called opinions and they happen to be relative. My opinions might not align with yours, but that doesn’t mean either of us are correct or incorrect.

I derive my opinion on performances from how much I enjoy it in terms of music and delivery, but also from the impact it leaves on me and the significance it holds.

Taking all things into account, Teenage Dream is my choice, yes. But it’d still win if you looked at the individual factors. At least in my case.

• Kiersten says:

LOL Sorry people sicken you.
        Vote on the people who possibly saved lives rather than the first song that doesn’t really quite portray the casts directions at that time?
        I will admit I am biased, but thinking this out I still prefer Teenage Dream. And Ravenclawdia has every right to like that song and you have no right to ridicule, insult, or judge her for it.
        I don’t see a whole page justifying YOUR comment.

• F says:

…How does a song about skintight jeans save lives? Really? And woohoo, yay, Dalton was a great temporary fix for Kurt, but everyone needs to stop acting like the Warblers are a heavensend. WHO EVEN ARE THE WARBLERS? Do you know? No. You know that you’re obsessed with Kurt, and therefore obsessed with Blaine, and so you are voting for a mechanical, awkward performance. It might be better than Katy Perry’s version (and I’m not even sure about that), but let’s face it, does that mean Katy Perry’s version is any good to begin with? Not particularly. And having it sung by a bunch of snapping uniformed boys doesn’t make it a fantastic performance (although I don’t think DSB in the pilot is that great of a performance either, I wish it were the Regionals version we were voting on).

• F says:

I disagree with pretty much every single statement you make here.
      In the context of Glee, all this song does is introduce a very bland, robotic group who will go on to hog tons of screentime they don’t deserve throughout the duration of the season.
      I don’t really see how you can say that the Warblers are a terrific addition to the fandom because no one knows who the heck the Warblers are. The Warblers = Blaine and the Pips, for real. The rest of them have no personality, they don’t even have names that I remember. So maybe you can defend Darren as an excellent addition to the show that holds all these values and blah blah, but the Warblers as an entity mean nothing.
      Also, yeah, in New Directions you have to kick and scream to get heard sometimes, but in the Warblers you just don’t get heard. They’re run like a freaking hierarchy – a couple of people are in charge and get to make all the decisions, and if you want to sing, boo-hoo, Blaine says he gets to sing instead.
      Also, this song has nothing to do with ANYONE singing to Kurt! The Warblers were having their own independent performance and Kurt showed up to spy. How is that Kurt getting serenaded in any way, shape or form? It’s not. This song has very little meaning in the context of the show, it’s just a song that’s happening for no reason and it throws the whole season into this tailspin that takes too much time away from New Directions. The reason our story lines for characters like Quinn, Finn, Puck, Tina, Mecededes, etc. felt so our of character and rushed this season? Because after this song (which I liked at the time but now resent so, so much, because it is given more credit than it deserves) made the stupid producers think, “Hey, if the fans liked this one, we should give them a couple of mediocre mainstream songs sung by these robots every episode!” And that is what we got. The Warblers performing lesser versions of songs like Raise Your Glass, Misery, Animal (which they destroyed, they sounded so awful and could never compare to Neon Trees), etc., just because a few people (and I don’t even know if I agree, because Teenage Dream was such an awkward song to be sung by these uniformed ninnies) think that Teenage Dream was better than the original. Darren has a fine voice, Blaine is a boring character but if he makes Kurt happy, fine, keep him around, but the Warblers deserve nothing and I hope Dalton Academy is never in the forefront again just because of one character.

35. Gloria says:

DSB is when everything start… It’s amazing, for me the heart of glee… This song is glee… :)

36. Kiersten says:

Teenage Dream, because that began my love for Glee and saved my life. I started watching at the pilot but that episode and Darren joining is what got me to pay more attention and really fall for the show. I’m not a Darrenstan, I watch the show because it conveys such good messages.

• F says:

I asked this up above but I thought you were referring to ‘saving lives’ as in Dalton Academy saving Kurt’s life… How did watching Blaine and the Pips sing a song about sex save your life?

37. Sophie says:

Don’t Stop Believing, because of the Teenage Dream autotune overdose factor.

38. Sebas says:

If your love for Glee began during the mid-second season (aka when the show went to sh*t if you weren’t a Klaine shipper) then that means you only came to Glee for Darren Criss.

I’ve loved Darren since his Starkid time but he has become so overrated since he joined Glee. I can’t believe people here actually think Teenage Dream is more iconic that Don’t Stop Believing

• kiersten says:

HI THERE. Thanks for judging me!
      You totally know me and have every right to say that I only came for Darren Criss.
      Because I hate the show and all I want is Darren Darren Darren.
      You’re so right in thinking that nothing else in this show matters to me but KLAINEEE.
      And I definitely said Teenage Dream was more iconic, and didn’t imply at all that I just prefered it because New Directions voices has matured.
      Go you.

• Kiersten says:

Who cares how I came to Glee?
      Shouldn’t we all accept each other for loving such a fantastic show?

• Ravenclawdia says:

My love for Glee began with the very first episode I watched, and that was well over a year ago. Well before Darren’s entrance as Blaine. But I’ve also loved Darren Criss since his exclusively Starkid days– he’s still a Starkid, mind you. But it doesn’t matter when people started liking Glee or when they started liking Darren. I don’t care if you’ve been a Gleek since the pilot or if you got into it during the last five minutes of the season two finale– that has no effect on your ability to love and appreciate the show. Same goes for those who only started watching Glee when Darren arrived.
      I know tons of people who started out only watching it to support Darren, but have since fallen head over heels in love with the show. It happens. And if you really love Glee, then you wouldn’t be upset for it gaining fans. More fans happens to be a good thing.
      Newsflash: people will have opinions different than yours. I think Teenage Dream, within the context of Glee and its cast, holds more significance than Don’t Stop Believin’, especially the Pilot version, does. What of it?

39. Gleekster says:

Ravenclawdia and Kiersten are people who will blindly defend their love for darren and the warblers even though they’re wrong. In my opinion, the warblers are overrated and will never compare to New Directions. So yeah sebas has the right to judge. They decide to prefer the shallow Teenage Dream then glee’s anthem and that is ok. We all have opinions even though some are wrong.

• Kiersten says:

Thanks for judging me when you don’t know you and thanks for judging Ravenclawdia when all she was saying was that the fandom should accept differing opinions.
      I accept that you dislike the Warblers, and that’s okay.
      But an opinion can’t be wrong because it’s someones OPINION. It’s how they personally feel on a subject.

So your self-absorbed diatribe is merely an example of how you are representing a narrowminded and unaccepting minority. I’m not saying that’s how you are, as I don’t know you, but that’s how you are coming across.

• Ravenclawdia says:

Yep. I defend the things I love and the things I hold dear! And I’m damn proud of it, thank you. But the idea that our opinions are wrong just because they don’t align with yours makes me laugh. If this were, like, me saying that I was of the opinion that the sky is orange, I’d understand. But this is a far more relative, subjective thing. You really have no right to belittle anybody for the value they do or do not find in things, but it’s quite humorous to see you try. Or maybe it’s more sad than funny. I don’t know.

40. Dem says:

Even up until this day, listening to the beginning of DSB takes you back to the pilot where it all began. You remember what you felt upon hearing it for the first time and consequently, how the show took off shortly afterwards. Every time you hear this song, you can’t help but feel proud about how a group of kids started singing “Don’t Stop Believing” without any sense of what was to come. Glee became a huge hit, and up until this day, this song alone brings back feelings of pride, joy, and nostalgia. Don’t Stop Believing was the birth song for Glee and will forever be the song that years from now people (even non-Gleeks) will hear and instantly recognize as the staple song for Glee. No other song has this kind of force behind it. If you’ve been here from the beginning, you know why DSB is so special.

Teenage Dream is special to those who love it and I respect that. But in terms of the show as a whole, it holds little to no value.

41. Gountesh says:

So you guys are telling people you are not a Glee fan if you don’t vote for DSB? Well I prefer their original songs when they actually let the whole cast in and is not the Finchel show.

42. Laurie says:

When I first heard it I liked TD, but I came to despise it since it was the beginning of so many things that were bad about season 2. The pointless Dalton detour that left every other storyline going nowhere, the insane overuse of Darren Criss, and all the pointless top 40 songs. I might like it more if all of that hadn’t happened, but TD will never be able to compare to that first performance of DSB.

• Teresa says:

I don’t think it’s Dalton’s fault that the rest of the story lines went nowhere. They were already headed there in the beginning of the season. You might as well blame “Forget You” for pulling the plot off the rails by eventually giving us three episodes that centered around Gwyneth Paltrow’s singing career.

But again, was anystory going anywhere before the Warblers entered the picture? Was Quinn doing something super-exciting that got derailed? Are we sorry that we never got to see the epic rivalry between Rachel and Sunshine?

I think we did miss out on Puck’s math test. That was a shame.

• Jenn says:

I’d be interested to know why you think the Dalton storyline caused every other storyline to go nowhere? Was Kurt so integral to Rachel/Finn/Quinn/Sam and Puck/Lauren and Sam/Santana/Brittany/Artie and the Prom Queen campaigning and Emma/Will/Holly and Sue getting increasingly ridiculous that if Kurt were at McKinley those storylines would have magically gone in another direction? I actually think that Kurt’s story at Dalton is possibly one of the only stories that lead to real character growth.

Were there a few Warbler songs that were shoe-horned in? Sure. But that is by far not a problem isolated to the Warblers. There were A LOT of songs sung by everyone that were shoe-horned in. You may like a certain character better, but that doesn’t mean that every McKinley song was integral to the plot. In fact, I would argue that the real problem is RIB and Fox preferring to shove in songs– regardless of character– at the expense of dialogue and plot development.

If everything else in Glee were great except for the Dalton storyline I could see the point. But the things people always blame on the Warblers are not isolated to the Warblers. They’re problems with the whole show. So I don’t understand why people ONLY blame one storyline other than haters gonna hate. (Anyone is entitled to dislike the Dalton storyline, but it’s silly to act like it’s a pox upon an otherwise perfect show or somehow to blame for the poor quality of storylines that have nothing to do with Kurt.)

• andrea says:

I agree with the original comment, I read somewhere that the writers rewrite the second season after the sixth episode.

43. Sebas says:

The article says it “But will you choose William McKinley High School’s New Directions or the Dalton Academy Warblers?”

Last time I heard the show was about New Directions. I know all you Blarren stans put your own headcanons and stuff to all the ~Dalton boys, but truthfully none of them are characters, they’re extras. Blaine is the only one close to being a character, but he wouldn’t be on the show if it wasn’t for Kurt.

• Ravenclawdia says:

It’s particularly hilarious to me that those against Darren and his role on the show refer to him as Blarren and to us as Blarren stans, and we’re the ones accused of an inability to separate character from actor. Heh.
      And I happen to adore New Directions, and I’ve adored them before and after the Warblers’ arrival. My love of the Warblers doesn’t infringe upon that in the slightest. It’s just more love to go around. Try it sometime.
      Also, that’s a really widespread and really inaccurate generalization. We appreciate the Warblers on the show as the Warblers. And we appreciate them OFF the show as individual people. We can tell the difference, thanks.

• Sebas says:

Oh God, Ravenclawdia. Have you read some of the comments? “TEENAGE DREAMM. I LOVE DARREN!! ^.^” “This is really a matter of Darren Criss being awesome, everyone.”

You may be able to separate them, but most of your fandom can’t. There’s a lot of people in your fandom that think that Darren really is gay and has a boner for Chris, now we know that isn’t true, right?

And of course you can love the actors who portray the Warblers. I myself have a tiny crush on Curt Mega and Riker, but I know nothing of their characters other that they audition for a solo 3 and 6 times. They have no storyline. They are extras to sing behind in the background.

You said in your blog how “The version of Don’t Stop up for the running is the pilot one, which showcases far fewer ND voices than the S1 finale did.”
        Well… Teenage Dream only showcases one voice doesn’t it?

• Ravenclawdia says:

So a few comments on here represents the whole? The fact that you actively seek out the worst in a group of people does not mean that that small percentage defines the fandom in its entirety. There are people who think that Darren’s gay, there are people who think he’s God’s gift to the world, so on, so forth. But there are instances like that in every fandom and subfandom, and in our case many of the things you accuse us of are actually things that we try to stop others in our community from doing.
          But, hey, assume away. You know what they say about that.
          And I never implied the Warblers on the show were characters with storylines, but thanks for sharing, I guess?
          What I meant by the DSB comment was that it’s often regarded as the show’s defining song when the one we are voting on only featured a couple of voices, so the “It’s what the show is about” argument isn’t as strong here in my opinion. It was directed at posts I saw from people on my dashboard.

• F says:

Sorry Ravenclawdia, but you kind of did imply that the Warblers on the show were characters with storylines in your gigantic comment up near the top:

“It also introduced us to the Warblers, a group of guys who have come to be a fantastic addition to the fandom. They make every effort to communicate with fans and I’m very, very glad they came along. Within the show, the Warblers show a type of choir we didn’t get to see prior, and while it’s undeniable that ND epitomizes what Glee is about, the Warblers showcase many other characteristics I hold valuable. For example, you don’t have to scream to get heard in the Warblers. It’s about the team, not about individuals. I loved that.”

^It’s hard for them to have characteristics to hold valuable without implying they have character behind them

• Kiersten says:

Just because “most of the fandom” can’t doesn’t mean that you should diss those who can. LET FANS BE FANS AND HAVE FUN.
          It can get annoying, but you have no right to judge those for their feelings.
          Judging a fandom as a whole is disgraceful in itself, as you are stereotyping.
          I disagree with shipping Darren and Chris together, and I disagree with fans who make it the DARREN CRISS SHOW. But I respect that, I respect other peoples opinions and ships because it is JUST A SHOW.
          Therefore, when you tell a person who just is trying to convince you not to go head over arse in an attempt to insult others with different opinions, you maybe shouldn’t just go and keep on insulting people.
          There is always good mixed in with the bad, don’t try to shoot down the good. This is a show. This is fun. There is way too much hate lately.

And Ravenclawdia perfectly answered your second half.

44. Jonna says:

All this character drama over two songs. You know, you don’t always have to take the context into consideration. I voted for Teenage Dream. Why? Because I like the original Train version of Don’t Stop Believing much better than I like the Glee version, and because I think Darren Criss does a much better job singing Teenage Dream than Katy Perry ever did. (That being said, ANYONE who covers a Katy Perry song sings it better than she does, so…)

• Ravenclawdia says:

Lol, I don’t think it’s just the songs themselves that cause the drama. It’s what they epitomize and represent. It’s basically an ongoing battle that started in September 2010 and shows no intention of stopping, which is really unfortunate.

• Kiersten says:

The basic declaration is that
      DSB is THE Glee song and if you dislike it you hate Glee and you’re wrong and your opinion sucks
      TD is the iconic Warblers song so if you prefer it then you are OBVIOUSLY A Blarren stan and not a real fan.

That’s not what everyone says, but it’s what’s going on right now.
      I think this is an incredibly stupid argument and I wish people could realize that no one is wrong for their opinion. I accept peoples, just not being insulted for what I believe in and will always take a stand. And since others agree, and many others are immature, there are these arguments.
      Oh fandoms.

• krfz says:

It is a Journey song not Train

• F says:

Um, it’s hard to make a point based on liking the original song better when you don’t even know who sang the original version. Train? Really? How can you confuse Train and Journey?

45. Sarah says:

Teenage Dream is crazy good!!! I love the symbolism and Darren Criss did an amazing job singin’ it. PEROID.

46. edd says:

Voted Teenage Dream. It’s my personal preference.

47. Gou says:

Vote Teenage Dream, no regrets just love

48. chuantilly says:

How many times can I vote for Teenage Dream?
    I really don’t care who sings or why or which team, I just hate “Don’t stop believing” and love this Teenage Dream version <3

49. Not Again says:

Oh dear, I was dreading this. If anybody voted for TD, then they’re instantly the reason why Glee has gone downhill/a Klaine shipper/stupid and then there would be the long biting discussion where people find a reason to blog reasons for disliking Darren Criss.

I like Klaine, but I agree that DSB is the beginning of Glee, and I think that it should win overall. Also,top 4 isn’t bad, guys.

However, I really hate how everyone just assumes that all Klaine fans are stupid twelve year olds who vote based on ZOMG WHO IS HOTTER?!1!111. I just generally like the pairing. I don’t particulary go researching Darren Criss, or Klaine and I like Kurtofsky and Kum and all these other ships and what have you too. Also, maybe saying Blarren stans – aka people with a different opinon to you- sicken you was a bit harsh. Some are a little crazy and think only with female reproductive parts, but some of us are generally nice and stuff.

This has been a post.

50. H says:

I don’t even think there’s a debate… Don’t Stop Believing is what made this show what it is today (or at least what made it good in the first place) while Teenage Dream is just another pointless song that has helped Glee decline even further than it always was. Honestly, I don’t believe either are sung entirely well but I’ve always liked music like Don’t Stop Believing and don’t like Katy Perry. On top of that, Darren Criss has become completely overrated since joining Glee. He’s really not that great of a singer (you can say that for most of the cast – they’re okay but not GREAT).

I’d rather listen to Don’t Stop Believing over Teenage Dream any day.

And there are a lot of songs that deserve to be on this over Teenage Dream.

• Kiersten says:

Thank you for giving your opinion without bashing others, that’s really awesome of you.
      Seriously. ♥