FX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for Super-Sized Sons of Anarchy, Horror Story and More

FX has released its premiere plan for the upcoming fall season, including a super-sized opener for its biggest hit. Check out the assorted dates, some of them followed by a snippet of preview shared by FX.

Sons of Anarchy revs up its fourth season on Tuesday, Sept. 6, at 10/9c, with a special 90-minute premiere | Season 4 begins with SAMCRO fresh out of jail and back into Charming. Upon their arrival, they encounter new law enforcement and head right back to business. The club is pressed with a decision that could challenge what SOA has always stood for and brings forth an unlikely alliance. With Jax fresh out of a jail and the birth of his newborn son, he is forced to put new plans into motion that could affect the club and ultimately his family.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Sons of Anarchy, Lisa Edelstein’s Good Wife Gig and More

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia kicks off its seventh season on Thursday, Sept. 15, at 10/9c | Last season, Dee got knocked up, Charlie and Dennis partied in Atlantic City, and Mac fought gay marriage in his own unique, misguided way. This season, tune in to see the Gang prepare for the apocalypse, hit the beach at the Jersey Shore, produce a child beauty pageant, and take a walk down memory lane at their high school reunion. As they say, some things never change, so prepare for more depraved schemes, half-baked arguments and absurdly underhanded plots to subvert one another.

Archer returns for a special three-week run starting Thursday, Sept. 15, at 10:30/9:30c.

FX Picks Up Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s American Horror Story, To Debut in October

American Horror Story debuts Wednesday, Oct. 5, at 10/9c | Co-created by former Nip/Tuck executive producers and current Glee co-creators/executive producers Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk, this new drama series revolves around the Harmons, a family of three who move from Boston to Los Angeles as a means to reconcile past anguish. The cast features Dylan McDermott (The Practice) as Ben Harmon, a psychiatrist; Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights) as Vivien, Ben’s wife; Taissa Farmiga as Violet, the Harmons’ teenage daughter; Jessica Lange (Grey Gardens) in her first-ever regular series TV role as Constance, the Harmons’ neighbor; Evan Peters (One Tree Hill) as Tate Langdon, one of Ben’s patients; and Denis O’Hare (True Blood) as Larry Harvey.

Will FX’s The League Have to Play ‘Fantasy Something Else’?

The League kicks off its third season on Thursday, October 6, at 10:30/9:30c.

1. chris says:

Hope the NFL squares away its issues so the league will be funny.

2. ggny says:

I think the league would be funnier if there was a lock out. Could you image what those guys would do without the nfl

3. Laurel says:

I am REALLY looking forward to the Sons of Anarchy.

4. João Amaral says:

The League without NFL could be awesome. can’t wait.

5. John says:

Even if it is only for three episodes, I’m ecstatic I don’t have to wait until next spring for Archer!

6. Greg says:

I have to laugh at FX’s big promo for the Fall, especially when they don’t support their summer shows. We missed the final season premier of Rescue Me, and a week later FX still hasn’t made it available to Comcast for On Demand viewing.

• Poppy says:

@ Greg…I am a big fan of Rescue Me, and frankly, after watching the first episode with my husband, we decided we don’t think we can sit through any more…it was heavy handed and depressing. I’m at the point where I just don’t care about the characters any more, they are so over the top destructive to themselves and each other.

7. Valerie says:

THREE WEEKS for Archer? Not nearly enough. :(

8. Sam says:

I honestly will watch every one of these. Dylan M., Connie B., AND JESSICA FREAKING LANGE on the same show? Even Ryan Murphy couldn’t mess this one up!

9. Bee says:

i wonder how the schedule for american horror story will work, assuming it has the normal 13 episodes for cable shows. unless it has a 2-hour premiere and finale, the show will either have to run into late december (disaster) or save a few episodes for early next year (also not good). but double premieres and finales would be AWESOME.

10. matt says:

YES!! I got into SOA on DVD last summer and watched seasons 1 and 2 in like three weeks (season 2 of SOA is probably the best-written season of any show I’ve seen). Season 3 had it’s off points but I’m sure Season 4 is gonna kick ass, especially since TV has been so “eh”.

I’ll take three new Archers over no new Archers, but it definitely seems odd. At least do 4-6 eps. I have to look up when the real season starts up again–that show is F’in awesome.

Just found out Rescue Me started last week and I can’t even say I care. Not sure how I stuck with it for as long as I did but it’s light years away from the caliber for the first few seasons.

11. NathalieN says:

Thrilled to have Connie Britton back on TV so soon and can’t wait to see her in this completely different genre! I hope Ryan Murphy doesn’t waste her…he seems to have trouble developing female characters unless they are singing. Loved Nip/Tuck, but the women were wasted.

12. justin says:

What happened to the Terriers? That show was awsome.