Exclusive

CSI Exclusive: Jorja Fox Rejoins Series Regular Ranks For Season 12

After four seasons as a recurring guest star, Jorja Fox is returning to CSI this fall as a full-fledged series regular, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The actress — who was a CSI regular for the show’s first seven seasons — left the procedural at the start of Season 8 after appearing in only a handful of episodes. She returned for Season 9, but opted to remain a guest star — until now. Despite her change of status, Fox won’t appear in every episode this season. “She is committed to doing 15 episodes,” says a source.

The news comes as CSI is undergoing a major cast shakeup as it enters its 12th season. As previously reported, Ted Danson has joined the cast as a new supervisor, filling a void left by the exit of Laurence Fishburne.

CSI launches its new season on Sept. 21, in a new time slot — Wednesdays at 10/9c.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Tristan says:

She was a regular last season despite missing a few episodes, and appeared in roughly half the previous season, on and off. No big news here, just confirmation she’s renewing her contract…thankfully.

• anon says:

Yeah, she’s been listed as a regular cast member for awhile now. I’m not sure what this is about. Either TVL misunderstood the news about her contract renewal or her previous “series regular” contract had an episode stipulation that’s been removed.

• lauren says:

I thought so too but I just googled around and from what I can find she never was made a regular for last season. Good for her!, one less thing to worry about with all that’s going with Danson and such.

• Grizzum says:

Congrats to her and although comforting to have a familiar character around, I’m still not buying the way that hers and Grissom’s marraige aka “together but apart, that works for us” as they tried to flesh out in that episode last season with mama Grissom… I know that Griss wont be coming back anytime soon and am very hopeful to see what TD will bring to the plate, but that detail is just not believable, imho

• yabut says:

I agree but it’s still slightly more believable than the CSI’s interviewing witnesses, practically running the investigations while the detectives just seem to stay out of their way thing on the show. Someone post that that’s how that really works in Nevada, please.

• Alice says:

Great news that Sara will be back.

2. hru says:

Thank you for the information. Very glad she will be returning, now we can sit back and see Ted Danson can do.

3. timelord says:

lol even though she wanted to leave the series,she kept appearing in it. looks like there were no opportunities for her

4. jenna says:

Great news! I would love to see her in all the episodes this season, and hope this means ‘Grissom’ makes a few more appearances with her. I think she and Danson will interact great together.
    When will we hear about George and Eric?

5. Krystal says:

Just more confirmation to stay away. Let this show die already…

• james says:

Lots of people still watch it. Just shut up already…

• Julia says:

LOL! I don’t understand why people want it cancelled. It is still the most popular show in the world! Plus, last season was pretty good, if you ignore all the Ray stuff going on.

6. Jessica says:

Uhm…. Laurence Fishburne’s character was not a supervisor. Marg Helgenberger’s was?

• mandy says:

I has been pretty well known for a while that Marg will be leaving CSI. I don’t think she will be in all the episodes this year and it will be her last. I can’t remember all the details but I do remember reading it.

• ALS says:

New Supervisor means that Catherine is demoted. With everything that she (Catherine) and Brass did to cover up Langston deed it will be a wonder if she and Brass aren’t carted off to prison along with Langston.

7. Kathy says:

This is still one of the best shows around and I’m glad she’s back full time. Having grown up watching Cheers, I’m having a little difficulty imagining ‘Sam Malone’ on CSI, but I’m hopeful Ted Danson will do well. But, I will say that he is not replacing Laurence Fishburne as Fishburne did not play a supervisor. Actually, isn’t Ted replacing Marg Helgenberger as supervisor? How many episodes will she be in, if any?

8. Ryan says:

Michael didn’t say Ted replaces Laurence as supervisor. He said he fills a void left by his exit. As in, a familiar star joining the show, and a new investigator replacing a departing one.

But yeah, Jorja was billed as a regular all last year. I remember noticing it right away after having her goofily billed as a guest star during all of season 10.

• Kathy says:

They changed the wording of the article to say that he fills a void, which is a much more accurate statement. The original article was worded differently.

9. Mairead says:

Twelve better be the last series. Enough already, let another series have a chance.

• Doug-H says:

Why??? If it is doing good work, it should stay…. CBS is moving it to a less prime spot so lets see how it works at the later hour on a different night… A quick glance shows me it will face off against SVU for the older audience while REVENGE on ABC might find a audience with younger people….

• Mairead says:

I just feel like it’s gonna burn out. I stopped watching all the CSIs years ago, but shouldn’t they end it on a high. 12 series’ is a helluva lot. Let it have one last swan song and now out with dignity.

• Jem says:

ER lasted 15 seasons and it wasn’t near as good as any of the CSIs in my opinion. Just because you stopped watching CSI doesn’t mean it should be canceled. A large number of people still watch and enjoy it. Let them enjoy it. You can always watch something else. Why should something be canceled just because YOU don’t like it? Why in the world would you want to take away a show that makes other people happy? That other people enjoy just because you don’t? There are a number of shows that I can’t stand or quit watching, but you don’t see me going around saying they should be canceled just because I don’t like them.

• HRU says:

If you don’t like it don’t watch it but it appears that you do have an interest to be posting here. Perhaps you just like to post negatives?

10. raiza says:

Ok, I dont want to sound too rude, but you know what would be news: William Petersen coming back. Im glad about Ted Danson and well, Jorja staying.

11. annasophia says:

All I want to say is “Yay!!!!!!”…. Awesome news. Now I know what to watch to Wednesdays.

12. Marge says:

Hang on, this show ended it’s 11th season rated #10 in total viewers and for the 4th year received the award for being the Most Watched Show in the World. Don’t understand why people want CBS to pull the plug. IF you are unhappy with the show—stop watching.

13. Maddie says:

Yay! I love her character. Perhaps this means she’ll be the star after Marg leaves? They’ll need a female lead character, anyway, and she has been doing a great job in the last few seasons (come on, House of Hoarders was one hell of an episode). I was very disappointed with CSI’s season 10, but this past season was pretty good. With Fishburne leaving, I think it’ll improve the show even more.

14. CJ says:

Never really liked the character of Sarah, and I’m not a big Danson fan – this might be telling me that it’s time to say adios to CSI. It’s been a (mostly) fun ride.

15. Jeffty says:

Can’t stand that singsong way she delivers her lines.

• tahina says:

I will start rewatching now that Fishburne is now gone and enters Ted Danson, but still missing Billy Petersen and will defintitly miss Marg. Jorja is ok but her teeth are a HUGE distraction for me.

16. MIka says:

100% proof that these actors should just be grateful to have a high paying regular gig. So many of these actors think they are better than the shows they are on and then have to return eventually when they cannot get work elsewhere.

17. jan says:

Awesome news! I love her character.
    Just read elsewhere that the rest of the cast will be returning as well. I’m excited about this season and looking forward to Danson’s character.

18. Frimi says:

Awsome news! I hope George and Eric stay too.

19. tvliner says:

Yay! First season 12 scoop, and what a scoop! :D

20. mes says:

So glad Sara’s staying, wish it were full time but I’m happy she’s still here

Also it’s confirmred everyone else is back too!!

21. Kevin says:

As much as I hate to give more CSI news, I’m already giving up on this crime drama now that Ted Danson joins the Las Vegas crime lab this season. :(

22. Lu says:

Just excellent!

23. Matthew says:

I think the character of Nick Stokes has great chemistry with Sara Sidle, although at least with Ray he got a male ‘sidekick’. Heres hoping Greg gets some more development this season.

24. mandy says:

Absolutely love Jorja and her character! Glad to see her and the rest of the cast back (minus LF, which is no great loss IMO). I’m looking forward to this season with Ted Danson coming in.

25. mamamimi says:

Happy to hear she’s returning ‘full time’–and I hope she gets the big money to go with her return to fulltime status. I hope Grissom returns to Vegas even if we never see him in person!

And I’m thrilled to hear Fishburne/Langston left–maybe TPTB learned a few things about introducing a new character.

26. shaun says:

LOL seriously! Im sorry people, but I cannot stand her character anymore. Her character really bothers the crap out of me! She is very judgemental and if you dont agree with her, she gets all pissy and butthurt (house of hoarders.) I really like this show and want to continue to watch it, however I find myself yelling at the tv just cause her character bothers me and I can see the back of her throat between her front teeth.