Comic-Con

Comic-Con First Look: 5 Cool Posters from Once Upon a Time

ABC’s fairy tale-flavored freshman foray, Once Upon a Time, is looking to cast a spell on the San Diego Comic-Con over the next several days. One step toward that goal is to conjure up cool art, and TVLine has got a first look at the character posters that will be making rounds.

Exclusive: Breaking Bad Guy Joins Once Upon a Time as Queen’s Sidekick

For starters below, we’ve got House alum Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, the (somewhat) mild-mannered bail bondswoman who in the series pilot is led to the town of Storybrooke, Maine, where fairy tale characters have been exiled to an ordinary, amnesiac existence. Beneath Morrison, you’ll find click-to-enlarge thumbnails of Lana Parilla’s Evil Queen, Ginnifer Goodwin’s Snow White, Robert Carlyle’s Rumplestiltskin, and Josh Dallas’ Prince Charming.

Fall TV First Impression: ABC’s Once Upon a Time Is Fairy Ambitious

Now, to recap Once Upon a Time‘s Comic-Con events: On Saturday, from 3:15 to 4:15 pm PST, Room 6DE will host a screening of the season opener (airing Oct. 23), followed by a panel discussion moderated by former Lost boss Damon Lindelof. Populating the dais will be series co-creators/Lost scribes Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, plus cast members Morrison, Goodwin (Big Love), Carlyle (Stargate Universe), Parrilla (Swingtown) and Dallas (Thor). Following the panel, the stars will participate in an autograph session in Room 28C.

1. Sandra says:

These look amazing. I’m really looking forward to this show.

2. Lindsey says:

Love them! Can’t wait for October 23rd! Shame it’s premiering so late though… Hope people’s schedules aren’t already too full by then!

3. Michelle says:

Nice! I’m super excited for this show.

4. Emy says:

it’s Emma Swan and not Snow xD
    the posters are amazing!
    blue is really my favorite color

5. heather_kaye says:

Wasn’t optimistic about this (despite being a fan of the female leads) until I saw the trailer yesterday on another site. Now very excited, have it added to my highly official premiere date post-it.

6. Stannis B says:

Why didn’t they just call this thing “Fables” and make the IP ripoff complete?

7. Aleki says:

awesome!

8. Jason says:

There is no new show in prime time for this year that is so unique, intruging, and awesome looking (based on trailers) as this looks – and everyone from children to my elderly Mom want to see it. Very, very cool.

9. Miguel says:

The Cast is the best for the Serie.

Note!

Please don’t loose the casts. It is one of the best I see in long time. Each actor is unique.

• Kara says:

I have to disagree, the casting seems weak to me. Jennifer Morrison doesn’t have enough charisma to play the lead and Prince Charming is supposed to be handsome. Also, Snow White and the Evil Queen look too much alike.

• Socio says:

Prince Charming doesn´t look charming at all plus Jennifer Morrison and Ginnifer Goodwin look like twins. The only difference between them is that Goodwin can act and Morrison can´t.

• Sammy says:

Come on, be nice. I have to agree, Goodwin is a better actress out of these two, but Morrison is not that awful. Some people find her annoying and boring, but that doesn’t mean she can’t act. On the other hand, Olivia Wilde seems fun, but I’d rather have my teeth pulled with dirty pliers than watch her “act”.

• sara says:

”Some people find her annoying and boring”

Some people? Huddies and LE fan’s hate her so much and trolling her everywhere, no one really thinks she is so.

• Socio says:

lol yes i must agree with you. Olivia Wilde is a subpar actress but she is super hot so i can watch her for hours. Jennifer Morrison is boring. She bores me to tears with her acting so i can´t say she is a good actress. A good actress must hold your attention. She doesn´t hold mine.

• ? says:

Sara, visit some of HIMYM communities, you will be up for a surprise. Personally I like Lisa E and preferred House/Cuddy pairing to House/Cameron, but I have nothing against JMo. She is not my favorite actress, but I am generally happy to spot a familiar face on the screen, she is no difference. So your generalization is wrong.

• Kelly says:

Socio..you say she can’t act and don’t hold you’re attention and yet you are here to criticize her witch mean you pay attention to her some how if you don’t like her what are you doing here a bit hypocrite on you’re part, you can say whatever you want but the fact is she have a great show now, so don’t let the envied kill you and every troll that have nothing productive to say about Jennifer Morrison.

• vfu says:

Comment by Kelly – July 21, 2011 06:36 AM PDT

Kelly, just a piece of advice. Stop wasting your time here and go to school. Your inability to spell and punctuate is really annoying. Learning to be literate is much more important than spreading your opinion about a TV show. Peace.

• Lise says:

^^^ both of you shut up. This is a buch of crap

10. darclyte says:

If it’s as good as the premise, it’ll be a nice birthday gift for me!

11. sara says:

*WOW* *WOW* *WOW*
    Thank you, Matt!!

12. Matthew says:

this show looks awesome!
    I’m glad Jennifer Morrison has the lead role
    great posters

13. anna says:

Wow they look awesome. I cant wait for the show to start.

funny how you guys spell “Rumplestiltskin” Never seen that one before. Here in germany we spell it: “Rumpelstilzchen” which i guess would be hard to pronounce for you :-D

14. jjjj says:

amazing

15. sureal says:

I have to admit i`m more excited to watch Jen`s new upcoming movie “Warrior” than this fairytale Tv show. Anyway she looks gorgeous in this character poster, the others too. :)
    I´ve heard she will be at Comic-Con to support the movie with Joel Edgerton and Hardy at the Lionsgate booth on friday.

• Miss says:

yes she’ll be at Comic con on friday for warrior and on saturday for Once upon a time
      Warrior looks amazing!Can’t wait to watch this movie (great role for Jen)

16. Hyacinth says:

I liked Jennifer Morrison in House, so I’ll give this series a try. It’s good to see that she has had plenty of work in TV and films since her stay on House ended.

I’ve enjoyed Robert Carlyle since The Full Monty, so this could be a fun series.

17. muh says:

sounds like a trainwreck. But you all have all the fun you can bear!

BON APPETIT