Little Liars, Switched at Birth Lead Latest Teen Choice Nods; Darren Criss Up for Breakout Star

Get More: Awards, News

Those very pretty little Liars and their Switched at Birth ABC Family sisters came out on top in the second wave of nominees for this year’s Teen Choice awards, to be broadcast August 7 on Fox.

Both Pretty Little Liars and Switched amassed five nods, while MTV’s Teen Wolf bit off four. Elsewhere, Glee — which along with Vampire Diaries dominated the first round of noms — added another contender to its ranks, with newly promoted series regular Darren Criss vying for Breakout Star.

Glee, Vampire Diaries Lead Teen Choice Noms, NCIS: LA‘s Linda Hunt Gets In on the Action

The complete list of TV nominees from the “second wave” are listed below.

Choice Summer TV Show
Keeping Up with the Kardashians, E!
Pretty Little Liars, ABC Family

Choice TV | Breakout Star
Sean Berdy, Switched at Birth
Darren Criss, Glee
Katie Leclerc, Switched at Birth
Tyler Posey, Teen Wolf
Skyler Samuels, The Nine Lives of Chloe King

Which of the above gets your vote? Cast your ballot at the Teen Choice site, plus tell us in comments!

Comments (12)

• Katie Leclerc is absolutely radiant and a true revelation. She gets my vote for Breakout Star, no question.

Comment by Dominique – July 19, 2011 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh wait… I keep forgetting I’m not a teen anymore…

Comment by Dominique – July 19, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! She is awesome!

Comment by mandy – July 19, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show is a complete ripoff of Life Unexpected, which was FAR superior. However, Jones from that show is on this show. RIP LUX

Comment by lorna – July 19, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uhm, how is it a rip-off? Was Lux ever been switched at birth?

Comment by James – July 20, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Noah Wylie, up for a Teen Choice Award? Who knew?

Comment by George – July 19, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liars and Switched are two surprisingly terrific shows. Liars is a model whodunit, with fast pacing and answers to questions that sate the viewer even thought the larger mystery is still unsolved. Switched is tremendously sweet and very well acted. I’m enjoying both shows immensely.

Comment by Michael – July 19, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot to put in the Summer Movie categories.

Cory Monteith is nominated for Summer – Movie Star Male for Monte Carlo. Not for Glee.

Comment by Lisa – July 19, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Switched At Birth! I was a little hesitant since these type of shows tend to be poorly acted and melodramatic, but I was surprised at how quality it is. The casting is wonderful and the storylines, while dramatic, are much more realistic than on other shows like this. I took American Sign Language in college so I have a little knowledge of the deaf community. The show is really handling this in a mature and educational way. There is a lot of disconnect between the deaf community and the hearing world and it is refreshing to see the show try to bridge the gap and educate people without making everything overly sappy or unrealistic. Anyway, love the show, hope the audience gets behind it in the voting.

Comment by Amy – July 19, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amy, I feel the same way. At 30 years old, I’m probably not the target audience (hence the fact that I’m reading about Teen Choice Awards) but the show is really well written and acted!

Comment by Skeff – July 19, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are they all “summer” choice things? I am no a teen…(unless you subtract 10 years…) but I watch these shows on ABC family…Secret Life, Switched at Birth, Pretty Little Liars.

Out of all three of those mentioned Switched at Birth is probably the best. Outstanding cast, and great plot! I really hope they win big! I’m very excited about this show. It is my favorite new summer show! I also am loving Pretty Little Liars so much more so than Secret Life.

Comment by Robin – July 19, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post