Pretty Little Liars Mystery Guy Warns 'Ezria' Fans: 'I'm Definitely Stirring Things Up!'

When the mysterious Jason DiLaurentis — aka the late Alison’s big bro — first rolled into Pretty Little Liars‘ fictional Rosewood, we had our suspicions. And now that he’s been around for a couple of Tuesday nights (ABC Family, 8/7c), we can say without hesitation that… we love him!

Sure, he’s broody and intense, but now we’re finally getting to see what his portrayer, Drew Van Acker, calls “the softer side” of Jason — which is a very good thing. Unraveling his secrets, however, will mean trouble for the sudser’s couple du jour. (Yes, we’re looking at you, Ezria.)

Casting Scoop: ABC Family Series Adds Step Up Hunk

Up until recently, Jason has been a big question mark. But he’s back in a big way this Tuesday — and he’s got his smoldering sights set on Aria (played by Lucy Hale).

“Aria brings out a side in him that fans haven’t seen yet,” Van Acker previews. “He finds something in her that he can relate to, so there’s definitely a connection between them.” Which means… what we think it means? “I’m definitely stirring things up for the Aria/Ezra situation,” the actor insists.

Pretty Little Liars, Switched at Birth Lead TV’s Latest Teen Choice Nods

But before Ezria fans revolt, hear the man out: “Jason is not this monster that everyone makes him out to be. He’s changed his life. In the beginning, everyone thought he was bad, and while no one knows either way just yet, you will see him opening up.” To clarify, this means he’ll be opening up to all of the girls, says Van Acker, not just everyone’s formerly pink-haired fave.

Heroes Favorite Adrian Pasdar Joins ABC Family’s The Lying Game

In the meantime, Van Acker tells TVLine that PLL viewers can look forward to an unveiling of “what he’s been up to in his old house,” as well as finally pinning down what exactly went wrong between Jason and his kid sis. “As the episodes go on, you’ll see more and more of their brother/sister relationship [in flashbacks], and why things became so tainted.”

Look for even more backstory on the reformed badboy in this week’s episode, when Jason’s estranged mother (played by Less Than Perfect‘s Andrea Parker, as TVLine first reported) returns to town. “Things aren’t where Jason wants the to be with his mom,” he says. “But at the smart time, they’re not enemies. They will find some answers, and also some closure.”

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. BRETT says:

Okay, I’ll say it. This show is absolutely awesome. I know it’s for pre-teen girls, but who cares? It’s suspenseful, nicely acted, and the twists you often don’t see coming. I’m glad with the timeline as well, it’s only been weeks since the events of the first episode. It really shows that getting over the death of a friend takes time. In other shows, they would have moved past this already (seeing as this is season 2). A nice change.

2. Sivat says:

Why did they recast this character? What was wrong with the original Jason? A new actor won’t get me to stop rooting for Ezria and start rooting for Ariason.

• hmj says:

i think aria and z should go their separete ways. their relatinship is wayy too weird, and gross. at least jason changed and is trying to make things right. And i think aria and jason would be awsome togeter.

3. b says:

wasn’t there a different jason last season? are they just pretending that didn’t happen?

4. Samantha says:

Is this a new actor? I tried looking up but nothing. All I know is even though I’m a fan of Ezria I wouldn’t mind seeing where Aria/Jason could go…. The actor is cute and has a nice body.

5. Lo says:

The first Jason was played by Parker Bagley. I like the new actor cause he’s fun to look at and I think him and Aria have chemistry.

• stacy says:

The new Actor is Drew Van Acker. I luv him to death!! He play Ian Archer in Cartoon Network’s Tower Prep. He was the main character and I’ve been in love with him since!

6. Lily says:

I personally am extremely happy about the upcoming Aria/Jason romance! He’s only been back for a handful of episodes and I can already see the chemistry between him and Aria. Ezra and Aria honestly bore me to tears. So bring on Jason!

7. Jamie says:

How is it that Jason was able to move back into his old house? I thought they sold it to Maya’s family. I know Maya (Emily’s first girlfriend) was sent away to a bootcamp. It’s a little confusing.

• BRETT says:

Eh. Seeing as Maya hasn’t been around in a while, it’s entirely plausible that her parents sold the house and the Liars don’t care because Emily has clearly moved on. A non-issue to me.

• R says:

His mother mentions in an episode that he came into family money.

8. Mia says:

I’m not sure if I want Jason/Aria to get together but I’ll wait and see. It can’t possibly be more boring than Ezria. “couple du jour”?? Everyone I know agrees they’re a bathroom break.

9. danielle jurman says:

Nayyyyyy! I loveeeee Ezria….its not illigal now that he is not her teacher according to marlene king because the age of concent in PA is 16! And Ian Harding is soooooo hottt!

• Jasmine says:

I think that ezria should stay together and that jason should leave aria alone. But I think it was interesting that ezra got jealous of jason talking to aria.

10. Jennifer says:

Dear Drew Van Acker
    Please go back to Tower Prep. I miss you as Ian Archer and your shirtless buffer playing bod.
    Love, me

P.S. How did you escape Tower Prep and get past Whisper?
    P.P.S Did Gabe ever get back Señor Guapo?
    P.P.P.S. Did you and CJ ever hook up? You were cute together

11. Sarah says:

I love Drew Van Acker and Lucy Hale and Ian Harding but I love Ezria just as much . After all they’ve been through I don’t think they’ll brake up for good. Cant wait for more PLL!!!

12. harmonie says:

ok yeah i get it, they changed the actor who played Jason but you should at least give him props. He plays Jason really well so there’s no need to be confused or mad about anything. What?, we saw Jason in the last season like once or twice, what’s the difference? i think Drew Van Acker plays Jason really well and i look foward to seeing more of him.

13. wooster182 says:

Okay, usually I’m not usually judgey about this…but the teacher’s name is EZRA. Not Ezria. And, no, I didn’t correct everyone because I wuv him. I actually wish he’d go jump off a cliff.

14. shanice says:

Even though I love Ezra and Aria. I really love the story line between Jason and her. Jason seems to really like her so I think it would be great if something happened with them for a few episodes. Of course in the end she needs to be with Ezra :)

15. Jasmine says:

Can’t wait til next Tuesday. Hear its very interesting and Emily goes to the hospital from -A’s speacial plan.

16. Jasmine says:

I just got the scoop on episode 10 on pll. Something might be going on with Aria and Jason!!! Go to and get the spoils on Pretty Little Liars.

17. Stacy says:

SPOILER ALERT!!!! I watched a video for a preview of the August 9th episode and Aria totally sleeps with Jason. I called it like three weeks ago! I love the idea of Jason and Aria! Put some spice in the old relationship with Ezra!

18. Yashira says:

I think jason is so HOT. And I have to agree ezra bores me too. Jason is mysterious and has a slamming body. I can’t wait to see him and aria together

19. megan says:

Please get Jason and Aria together!! They are such a cute couple <3 They are such a cute couple and they definatly have a strong connection!