Comic-Con

Exclusive: Bones' Comic-Con Panel Canceled — Find Out Why

This is going to hurt me more than it will you: Bones‘ Comic-Con panel — which I was supposed to be moderating — has been canceled.

According to a show rep, both Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz are unable to make the trek to San Diego for personal reasons. As a result, the session has been scrapped.

Bummer, I know.

Anyway, there’s some good news: The other panel I’m moderating — the Glee session on Sunday — is still very much a go. (Check out this week’s Ask Ausiello for a taste of what’s in store). And, while we’re on the subject of Con, I strong urge you to make TVLine.com your default homepage Thursday through Sunday, as the site will be a veritable Con-apalooza.

“How so?” you ask.

Here’s how, I answer: Team TVLine will be bringing you scoop and spoilers on your favorite shows via exclusive video, panel recaps, party highlights and more. Also, if you follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello, you’ll get exclusive behind-the-scenes pics, video and scoop from TVLine’s swanky interview lounge.

Bottom line: Let’s focus on the positive, people!

Tags: , ,

Comments (95)

• OH…. S***********

Comment by lysa – July 19, 2011 04:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why! I been waiting for them two gether. Now !! !! An BABY-WHY WHY. It coming home 2.

Comment by annamhilliard – July 19, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So we “found out why”…how?

Comment by KG – July 19, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • By READING.

“both Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz are unable to make the trek to San Diego for personal reasons. As a result, the session has been scrapped.”

Comment by READ THE ARTICLE – July 19, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • DB was talking about having to get a crown on Twitter- maybe something went wrong with it.

Comment by jenisedai – July 19, 2011 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, please. The whole point of reading Ausiello is to get inside scoop, and “Find out why” implies he knows something more than what everybody else is reporting.

Comment by Eurydice – July 20, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Meanwhile, over at tvg, one of their “reporters” announced that he’s not going to look into the story behind the PR spin of why Robert Wagner is out at “Charlie’s Angels.” Whatever happened to journalism?

Comment by Jon88 – July 21, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So does this mean the show is canceled?

Comment by Amanda – July 22, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love bones and not to beable to watch it , hurts me to hear…

Comment by angela – July 22, 2011 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad about the Bones panel, but with ED’s pregnancy as far along as it is, I had a feeling this was a possibility.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really thought your disappointing news would be no AA this week. This is the one thing that’s worse than that…

Comment by Hillary – July 19, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Major bummer! That’s the only panel I was interested in. Booo!

Comment by Piper – July 19, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, sorry, A! Just make sure you don’t update too fast guys, I already have to take an hour at the end of the day to catch up on all the scoop! lol

Comment by Danielle H. – July 19, 2011 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well HH and SN could still come….

Comment by lysa – July 19, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @lysa But I doubt half as many would show for just them, right or wrong.

It says a show rep gave the announcement. Maybe work related? No idea, just a guess on my part.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well, Wendy… between professional and personal reasons, there is a lot of possibilities… I’m waiting the HH or SN’s announcement too.

Comment by lysa – July 19, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I am not sure about that, since HH can not control his temper lately, maybe is better if he don’t go to this kind of panels. I saw his reaction to a valid question a few weeks ago on the Paley center event and it was disrespectful and totally over the top.
      That day he lost my respect…totally.

Comment by Kik – July 19, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even assuming that you’re not a delusion fan nut who thinks producers owe them something – HH not answering a question the right way makes you lose respect for him totally. The understanding and forgiveness in your heart is truly admirable. I’m sure HH is losing sleep over losing YOUR respect. Bug off.

Comment by sorry sack – July 19, 2011 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I am not delusional, but his attitude that day was very bad, he disrespected a lady for a simple question…that and some other things he said this year made me feel dissapointed. I never disrespect him on twitter and I even got some messages from him. If he is in the public eye he must know that some people can think different about an storyline, and of course he can be mad, but being rude and harsh with someone who just had a question was too much. And even Michaela and Emily were surprised, it was over the top. Maybe it is just me, I am not american, maybe I can’t understand your humor, but what he said to this Andrea girl in my country is very vulgar and rude. You don’t said that to a lady. Just that.

Comment by Kik – July 20, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yeah, I am thinking HH is just sick and tired of whiny/complaining, and the fans who give him and SN crap. Maybe he should be better about what he says but some fans need to just…I don’t know. I think I have an idea of what moment you are talking about from the Paley event. I think it’s the one where David took over after HH was like “…get a life, stop watching the show”. Something along those lines. He’s frustrated with fandom. He gets most of the um, I suppose I’ll use unhappy fans throwing crap at him. I personally went through a time where I just wanted to give a portion of fandom happy drugs so they would shut up. Sorry, my frustration is coming through.

Comment by Amber – July 20, 2011 06:18 AM PDT
          • lmao Hart Hanson isn’t from the USA, so I don’t think it was “American humor”. Unless you mean ~North American humor~

Comment by Amanda – July 20, 2011 12:34 PM PDT
          • Thanks for trying to be specific Amber. If that’s the incident Kik is referring to that clearly just sounds like someone who’s frustrated and cracks. Obviously not the kind of thing you want to do but it happens.

Since it didn’t involve a pointless blonde girl named Hannah, it’s not the worst thing he’s ever done. :-)

Comment by sorry sack – July 20, 2011 03:48 PM PDT
  • BRAVO!!

It’s COMIC-Con, not TV-Con.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 19, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • GTFOI

Comment by Adrian – July 19, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I THINK I know what GTF means, but I have no clue what the O means.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 19, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • out

Comment by repier – July 19, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • M: Irene, what’s for dinner?
            I: How about leftover pot roast?
            M: Sounds good. And dessert?
            I: I don’t know. There’s some fudge in the fridge or we could have fruit?
            M: Get The Fudge Out Irene!

Izzat right?

Comment by postsalot – July 19, 2011 09:59 PM PDT
        • How about: Get The F*** Over It?

Comment by Replier – July 20, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree with this. Comic-Con has become a joke. it is totally about things that have nada to do with comics anymore and a Bones and esp Glee panel is just making the point.

If they want to have a con for all things tv go ahead. and leave Comic Con alone

Comment by Lucas – July 19, 2011 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • These days (and for at least one more year), SDCC is about screaming teenage girls (and screaming older women severely lacking in self respect) dominating hall H while waiting for the Twilight presentation.

Comment by XK – July 19, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • WHAT????? The Con has to do W/ sify & Bones has EVERYTHING to do W/ sify. Glee I totaly agree W/ does NOT belong @ the Con.

Comment by Katy – July 27, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s TVLine.com

Comment by Lynn – July 20, 2011 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re really gonna complain about that on a TV blog? Is that really necessary?

Comment by Amanda – July 20, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, not to be picky but I’m going to be:

“unspecified personal reasons”, although a very good reason, does not tell us WHY it was cancelled. Granted, however, they are personal reasons and therefore none of our business, but still. That’s a leading headline and I should know better by now reading Ausiello that he will be an… ‘Aushole’ and pull something like this.

Comment by Ann S – July 19, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually unspecified personal reason is the why. You just aren’t happy because you weren’t told what the personal reason was. At least be honest it as opposed to attacking Ausillo because you didn’t get your dose of hollywood gossip about a show.

Comment by Jo – July 19, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, this Ann was just looking for unseamly gossip.

Comment by lauren – July 19, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really upset about this. I understand that Emily and David couldn’t make it, but what about the four other REGULAR cast members and creators? I would have loved to see them come out. Some fans came from other countries to see the panel. All of us fans now have to wait so much longer to get information about this next season which is already starting two months late. It feels like we just keep getting the short end of the stick this year…

Comment by Bones Fangirl – July 19, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think any of the rest of the cast was invited to begin with.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I understand what you’re saying, BFg. If David and Emily can’t make it, why not get the rest of the cast in. They are all equally as beloved by fans and that would probably be a hoot and a half!

Comment by TV Gord – July 19, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I love Emily and David, but I adore the supporting cast, too.

Comment by Beth – July 19, 2011 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was the one part of ComiCon that sounded interesting, which just goes to show how far the event has come from its roots. Oh well. We’ll just have to wait for the November season premiere and be glad we’ve got the show at all.

Comment by ColleenC – July 19, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ump for all you people who say this doesn’t explain why… Ummm read it. DB & ED can’t make it. Whatever their personal reasons are, are none of our business.

Comment by CM – July 19, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait– there is a Glee panel at Comicon? Why? How? Why?

Comment by Jennifer – July 19, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A Glee panel will attract an audience. A panel about Squirrel Girl or about Superboy will not.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 19, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually it will. It’s nerd heaven, full of people who like “Squirrel Girl” and “Super Bo”. Glee is completely out of place.

Comment by tripoli – July 19, 2011 11:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And being a semi nerd myself, I use the word with much affection.

Comment by tripoli – July 19, 2011 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Squirrel Girl could sell a lot of hats or t-shirts at CC but yeah, a panel might be stretching the depth of that character.

Comment by infinite power – July 20, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, I was really upset that I wasn’t able to make it this year, but the main shows I wanted to see were Bones and Dexter. Now, I’m not as bummed that I can’t go. Still stinks that they wont be there though.

Comment by Chris – July 19, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not really that upset about the fact that the panel was cancelled so much as I am the fact that he misspelled cancelled. Doesn’t anyone proofread anymore? Come on.

Comment by Blair – July 19, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One L is actually the more accepted spelling. Oh snap!

Comment by Unemployed Proofreader – July 19, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not in academia, it’s not. Unfortunately, both are now accepted in common and business usage.

Comment by Overeducated EMPLOYED Proofreader – July 19, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is David experiencing empathy pregnancy symptoms and that is why he can’t make it too?

Comment by raelee514 – July 19, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, maybe something came up with his kids, maybe it’s work. Or maybe it’s something else entirely. Not like the cast has not gone before. So it’s an unexpected year off.

I’m sure something will take up the slack.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh I’m sure it’s something like that, I was just being silly.

Comment by raelee514 – July 19, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m laughing SO hard right now!! What are all of those crazy Bones fans who are travelling from various countries going to do now?? Seriously, THIS is why you don’t become as obsessed with a show as many of those BONEheadS do. Love it!!

Comment by Loving It!! – July 19, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You *are* aware that *every show* has “crazy” fans, right? Nice generalization there.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ummm, correct me if I’m wrong (and I’m sure someone will), but without those “crazy fans” of TV shows, movies, and comics…there would be no Comic-Con! So, I can empathize with all the people who had plans to see ED and DB there.

I had no plans to attend, but still am a bit disappointed. I agree with the others who’ve mentioned it would’ve been great if the creators and other cast members could’ve done the panel instead.

Oh well, good things come to those who wait…all the way until November… Sigh.

Comment by Erin – July 19, 2011 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, I’m one of those BONEheadS … just so ya know … and considering that the new Season has starting shooting this week, it comes as no surprise that the two leads in the show will be busy working.

Comment by mikes_at_home – July 19, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lol being obsessed with Bones is not that bad of a thing. I am a major Bones fan and i am disappointed, but its not the end of the world. Good things come to those who wait :)

Comment by BonesCrazyFan – July 21, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :( clearly this was the ‘bad news’ you must have been referring to earlier… ah well life will go on. :)

Comment by Robin – July 19, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have mixed feelings about this. Yes, I’m bummed that they aren’t going to be there — they’re hysterical, especially given that Boreanaz is the poster child for ADD. On the other hand — now I can fit in a pee break on Friday!

Comment by Rob J. – July 19, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, Emily’s far along in her pregnancy but that’s not the only “personal reason” she could have had. I mean, definitely, if there is something wrong or she’s really just not up to it or whatever we want her to stay home and get better and have a healthy pregnancy even if it means we don’t get a panel, but it’s not as though she completely incapacitated by her pregnancy, she will basically be working through it until the pretty much the very end so…

Comment by Adrian – July 19, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, get used to the disappointments. Bones is canceled yet Finder is not at Comic-Con????? I just can’t sit and not comment about the dark clouds on the horizon for Bones. I am going to guess that holding that panel and facing a fanbase that really isn’t very happy with the latest season and how it was rushed to the pregnancy/hook up result, wasn’t something any of the actors or HH or SN was prepared for. The November start date and jumping the Bones and Booth relationship to six months into the pregnancy leaves me disappointed beyond words. The last two seasons were weakly written and the writers seemed to just throw stories out as a try out for the fans. Now, HH is saying that the season is maybe goo for 16 episodes and there will be a break from December to March?????

I have been a fan since day one with this series and lived through the fan complaint stages with this show, but have never seen so many fans post that after the six year wait, they feel cheated. I have to admit, it was a very, very lazy way out of the will they won’t they light that kept the series interesting. We all new it would happen, but not off screen in some producers head. Bones will stay on my DVR record list, but will be watched when I have time, this fan understands the writing on the wall for this show.

Comment by Fan From Day 1 – July 19, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Get over it or move the eff on.

Comment by tripoli – July 19, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is SO rude Tripoli. Just because someone doesn’t agree with you, doesn’t mean they’re wrong or ridiculous. FWIW, I pretty much feel the same way as Fan From Day 1. And guess what, if we all take your advice and ‘move the eff on’, as you so delightfully put it, there won’t be any Bones for anyone to comment on anymore.

Comment by Alittlerespect – July 20, 2011 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, I agree with you Alittlerespect about the “move the eff on” in that FFD1 didn’t come across like a whiney entitled fan, just one who thinks the show is on a downturn and is adjusting their watching accordingly.
          But tripoli wasn’t that bad. People get tired of hearing ANY fans say they don’t like where a show is going and sometimes forget to distinguish.

I DO think the show can pull itself together, stay focused on the gross-out murder cases, satisfy fans with the B&B relationship and throw in some baby complications that are fun, not dangerous to keep things fresh.

Comment by alolololol – July 20, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am sorry you are disappointed but I doubt the reason you gave is why the Bones panel is really cancelled. You know given the fact that Emily Deschanel is in fact pregnant and all that. This is also the reason that there is only 16 episodes. Emily Deschanel will be taking maternity leave and instead of doing a number of episodes without her they are taking a break then. She is after all one of the main leads. I understand you have a problem with the writing the last two seasons and like I said I am sorry. But do remember to take into consideration that life happens and just because they haven’t given us a very specific reason doesn’t mean doom ahead.

Now, I am going back to my happy land because the fact of the matter is I can’t wait for season 7 and I know there are a lot of fans who are excited. I know others that are not as much but are awaiting to see how they handle the pregnancy story line. I am excited to see what HH and company are going to do with the pregnancy and for when the baby actually comes. *skips off* :D

Comment by Amber – July 20, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very worried about this. What if she’s having complications? What if she can’t even film the six episodes…and we never get to see Brennan pregnant. They just come back in March with a 3 month old baby. I hope everything is ok.

I don’t know why HH and SN can’t go. I don’t know why David can’t go. David only wouldn’t go if something really bad is happening…because if Emily can’t go, I would think that they wold try to get David to go as much as possible. His wife tweeted that she was taking Jaden to a movie today…and DB tweeted a pic of Bozo the punching bag and how Booth has his game face on and season 7 is a go…so everything seems okay on his end. And possibly for Emily too. I don’t think they would all be tweeting if something really serious happened.

Comment by Jillian – July 19, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK! i know it is a stupid question to ask but…what is a comic con panel? secondly, guys, look on the bright side, at least season 7 is not cancelled.

Comment by annie – July 19, 2011 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Assuming you were serious, it’s a presentation / fan Q&A conducted in one of the many rooms of the San Diego convention center, during the San Diego International Comic Convention.

Because it’s close to L.A., and 40,000+ go every year, it’s also become as much about tv and film as comics.

Comment by XK – July 19, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awe tooo bad I guess emilys pregnancy got in the way I bet we will still. Get info as time progresses

Comment by Amanda – July 19, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel so awful for my coworker who’s a HUGE Bones fan. She saved up to fly to this and has been looking forward to it for months. How horrible! :(

Comment by Cori – July 19, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THe Bones show is on its way out. I agree with those who said David B. was on twitter. He does not seem to have any emergency going on that would prohibit him from the business obligation. Perphas his wife could not attend and she told him he couldn’t go. For those that need reminding ever since he announced he cheated and lied he’s not really seen to far out of her sight. She goes with him everywhere. Must be tiring follwoing him around to make sure he acts like a good boy. Anyway the other stars of the show could have filled in. Its very disappointing to the loyal fans that no one shows up.

Comment by stan – July 19, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He mentioned the show getting underway in a recent tweet. My guess is it has nada to do with DB’s wife and that perhaps the cast is filming and needs as much time as they can get before ED is due, so no time to hang out at SDCC and they use the time to tape.

IF that is the case, I cannot fault anyone due to the scheduling that is in place to account for ED’s pregnancy and getting episodes into the can.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think is anything to do with DB’s wife…but with filming. They only have a limited amount of time before Emily goes on maternity leave and get as much done before she’s due. I don’t really care…just as long as we continue to get spoilers as they film.

Comment by Jillian – July 20, 2011 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • …also his wife only goes with him to red carpet events…which they should do together. She tweeted that she went to take their son to a move yesterday…and DB tweeted a pic of Bonzo the punching bag, so he must have been on-set preparing to shoot.

Comment by Jillian – July 20, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m angry :p

Comment by Edith – July 19, 2011 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can you please make the videos available for the rest of the world. Cause It will suck for us without videos.

Comment by Bronzia – July 19, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not bleieve the Bones cast cancelled because of
    Emily’s pregnancy.
    She attended some affair for her movie (The Pervect Family)
    recently.
    The cast returned to work on Bones episodes.

My guess… they did not want to appear with the cast
    of The FInder…. I won’t want to!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Ellie – July 19, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m now almost certain it is simply due to filming S7. That starts today. HH said on Twitter yesterday was the last pre-production day w/filming to begin today. So the cast is likely busy now starting later. Which is supported by DB’s last tweets. And this is fine with me.

Comment by Wendy – July 19, 2011 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with Ellie. HH has been pushing Bones aside for his
    new creation The Finder.
    Now they are expected to share a stage with this loser of
    a show (The Finder)

Also, I read that Emily attended some movie premier of a movie
    she was in …. so her pulling out of this event has nothing
    to do being pregnant.

Comment by Laura – July 20, 2011 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It may have something to do with the fact that she’s far along in her pregnancy, and she shouldn’t fly at this late stage.

Comment by Bouncy Castle, London, UK – July 20, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This I beleive has nothing to do with Emily being
    pregnant and unable to attend/travel.
    She could have attended via a Skype style setup…
    But like most things in Hoolywood….. stars do not
    really care about fans.
    It is the all about money…. the fans be dammed.

Comment by Sarah – July 20, 2011 01:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The last ep was such a disappointment to me and a lot of fans that have been watching this show, waiting for the BIG HOOK UP and what do we get..nada, zip, just oh BTW I’m having your baby. This was a huge let down.

Comment by rehabber – July 20, 2011 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved the last episode. :/ I didn’t need to see them ‘hook-up’ to know they love each other.

Comment by Bonedigger – July 20, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t need to see a sex scene, but after the majority of season 6, I would have at least liked to have known that Booth *liked* Brennan again after falling madly in love with Hannah and showing mostly contempt for her during s6. It was a cheap ploy to end a season like that. And there’s no way that it would have ended with a pregnancy if ED herself hadn’t been pregnant.

Comment by It'slikeyouwatchPBSonpurpose – July 20, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to be the last season….. now even the stars of the
    show are disrespecting the fans who made them stars.

Sarah is correct…. if the issue was Deschanel being pregnant….
    She could have participated by video…
    Also, filming is starting…. so if she is able to film an
    episode. She could have attended in person or by video.

The issue of having The Finder actors in attendance at this
    event may have had something to do with Bones stars cancelling.

Comment by Ellie – July 20, 2011 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personal reasons? Like, “I don’t feel like going to San Diego”? I can understand E.D., being with child, having some sort of reasonable excuse. But, D.B.?

Comment by Bob – July 20, 2011 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One would have to be mentally challenged or plain hateful to believe or imply that ANY ACTOR, not just DB, wouldn’t want to go to Comic Con to promote his show and himself. Comic Con is an indulgence of fan adoration for every popular actor. And DB IS very popular there, due to Buffy and Angel mostly. He’s been a regular at CC from 1999! If he’s not going this year it’s BECAUSE FOX DECIDED SO. Fox issued the quizzical “personal issues” public statement. And nobody’s going. Not Emily, not David, not Hart, not Stephen. FOX PULLED THE PLUG ON THE PANEL. Why? Take your pick: from “no ED=nobody else”, to weird shooting schedule, to Fox not caring about Bones promotion anymore. Like all popular actors with big genre following, DB loves to make people laugh and be adored by a room full of thousands of fans.
      But the blaming game is more convenient, so lets blame DB as a precaution. You know, just in case……..

Comment by sorel – July 20, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me, it’s just a great show, and I won’t let a Comic-Con appearance impact whether or not I watch the upcoming season. But regardless of the reasons behind the stars’ absence, I’m just as much of a fan — if not more — of the supporting cast!

Therefore, besides the 16 scheduled episodes, why couldn’t there be a few shows focusing on Cam and her team, along with Sweets, Caroline, and fan favorites from the past? Maybe DB could put in a cameo or two.

Comment by Mike – July 20, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two things:
    1. Its a shame the Bones panel had to be cancelled, but hey, at least the show’s not cancelled! hahaha, that would be the great tragedy here :)
    2. I find it amusing how some people are already stigmatizing this upcoming season as being a train wreck waiting to happen because of the season 6 finale. Well, it season 7 hasn’t started yet, so passing judgement would be naive and grossly premature. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t like the “rush” ending last season, if your a true fan, you will at least give the show a fighting chance. (IMO, I can’t wait to see what they will do in season 7!!)

Comment by Alex – July 20, 2011 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily could have remained home and used a video
    conference if she wanted.
    No idea why both leads pulled out. After 7 seasons
    I would not have a problem if Bones was cancelled.

It seems that The Finder if it lasts has been
    primed as a replacment already.

Comment by Carol C – July 21, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Esta serie es estupenda kisiera k la pasaran d nuevo!!!!**
    Aaa y bud esta bien guapo

Comment by Karolina gil – July 21, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • After that finale this was the most necessary panel of all seasons! We need some bones scoop, why must they do that to us?

Comment by ana muller – July 21, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post