Glee: The 3D Concert Movie: Three Things We Learned From the New Trailer

Get More: Glee, Previews

The trailer for Glee: The 3D Concert Movie is out, and you’re probably either squealing, “Oh em gee, I’m going directly to gleeksneak3D.com to order tickets for its limited two-week run!” or you’re nodding your head at Sue Sylvester’s closing remarks: “Please, save your money. This thing sucks.” Regardless of your excitement/disdain for shelling out $15 to see a 3D big-screen version of a live concert inspired by a TV show you can watch for free, there are still several important take-home facts embedded in the trailer:

* There’s a food group for each one of Harry Shum Jr.’s abs.

* Naya Rivera isn’t afraid to rock bib overalls (at least while she’s hanging backstage).

* There will be confetti slushies. (YES!)

Check out the trailer for yourself below, then hit the comments with any additional observations, opinions, thoughts, or tone poems. And for every possible bit of Glee news you could ever hope to consume in this lifetime, follow TVLine on Twitter @TVLineNews. Holla! Hey-ey!

Tags: ,

Comments (23)

• I can’t freakin’ wait for it to come out. Saw the concert live and will probably watch the movie everyday it’s in theaters. YAY!!!!!!!!

Comment by Nicole – July 15, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! THE best concert I’ve ever been to!

Comment by Captain – July 15, 2011 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • that is really sad.

Comment by Dick Whitman – July 18, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMGLEE! SOOOO EXCITED! HEYA ON 3D! <3

Comment by Patricia – July 15, 2011 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NAYA RIVERA IS AMAZING. I approve of her overalls haha.

Comment by Maria – July 15, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! I couldn’t get to the concert in my area – this will be great!

Comment by Beth T – July 15, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s the Casey Abrams Interview?
    You’re making me have to stalk you, that’s soooooo NOT cool, Michael.
    You always ask the question that I would ask. Come on I’ll take a phone interview at this point.

Comment by LauraHolt – July 15, 2011 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If this concert/movie makes a good box office, I will pledge a pilgrimage to Glee, accept the fact that its TV’s obession or second coming (as some people may think), dye my hair green walk around the neighboorhood naked, and then skinny dip in my neighboor’s pool.

Comment by Buck Wheat – July 15, 2011 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We’ll hold you to your word!

Comment by Gleek – July 15, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pleeeeease tell me this will come out on DVD…I live in a small town and I’m sure we won’t get it :S

Comment by Julie – July 15, 2011 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Harry Shum Jr.’s abs will save the world.

Comment by Dryden – July 15, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF? $30 to watch a 3-D version of a concert based on a television show? Oh, but the goodie bag of cheap trinkets probably made by prison labor somewhere….

Uhm… HELL TO THE NO!

Comment by CMJ – July 15, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I felt like I was watching The Brady Kids variety hour on ABC. (I do have the same stirrings for HeMo that I had for Marcia.)

Comment by Curt Smith – July 15, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand the desire to have the movie. I won’t go see it, and I’m guessing everybody except the die hard Gleeks will wait fir the inevitable multiple free showings of it on television. But I do understand why the movie was made.

What I don’t understand is the 3D part. It’s concert footage and interviews. Do you need to see these people’s mouths in 3D when they’re singing? Will their choreography be so much better?

No. It won’t. It’s a musical. The only reason they did 3D was to take advantage of the Gleek’s love by charging them big fees for no added value.

Gotta love the greed.

Comment by Davi – July 15, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to check this out. Hopefully “limited” is just a marketing thing. I usually don’t have time to assure I see a film in the first 2 weeks.

Comment by John Berggren – July 15, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of it I don’t care about, but I’ll shell out the money to see DROMP in 3-D.

Comment by Laurie – July 15, 2011 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanna see it, but not enough to go to the theater to watch it. Hopefully it will come out on DVD or something.

Comment by Kay – July 15, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jane Lynch summed that up very well.

Comment by Bwags – July 15, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Gleek and my friends know it. They may tease me a bit and then I catch them humming to the songs and, casually, asking me about this or that from the show. Anyhow, I’ll go wherever it plays but I’ll go incognito. LOL!

Comment by Gleedeprived – July 15, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wondering if the extremely fat girl will be in the movie. Nothing against people struggling with their weight, nor in favor of skeletal-looking celebrities. It’s just that she’s a terrible singer and I cannot see what she might bring to the show. That’s all.

Comment by Puzzled – July 15, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone actually believe that’ll be a two-week limited run? If it’s making money; they extend it. Remember Justin Bieber’s, anyone? Total marketing ploy. I like the idea of a concert movie because the concert didn’t come to my city, but I agree with the other comments about 3D. How does that improve a concert? 3D doesn’t improve any movie; it’s just a way to increase the price of tickets and make box office $$$ inflated.

Comment by Princess_Gwenie – July 15, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could not get to the concert in Philly but will be at the theater with bells on!! The talent with this gang is awesome!! My husband is even going!!! We are using some of their music and routines for our Halloween wedding renewal. Hubby got hooked by puckerman’s fat bottom girl. LOL! He hopes he is doing it for the concert. LOL! The talent these people have is off the charts way worth the money!!! CONCERT here we come!! Pam from Tunkhannock, PA

Comment by pam dilmore – July 26, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE GLEE SOOOOOO MUCH I WAS AT THE CONCERT AND WENT TO SEE THE MOVIE…… AND CHORD OVERSTREET IS THE CUTEST

Comment by Mikayla Commigibbs – August 23, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post