TVLine Items: Office Adds a Baby Bump, 90210 Swaps Studs, Sing-Off's New Judge, and More

Remember how precious it was when The Office‘s Jim and Pam welcomed little Cece into the world, back during Season 6? Well, get ready for Baby Beesly-Halpert 2.0.

Jenna Fischer has revealed a not-so-secret secret: Her real-life baby bump will be written into the NBC sitcom’s eighth season, premiering Sept. 22. “Pam will be pregnant when the season starts,” the actress tells New York Magazine’s Vulture blog. “Pam and Jim snuck away last season on Valentine’s Day, and they had sex. The story is that they conceived this baby at that time, and were keeping it a secret until we come back from the summer.”

Here’s hoping they’ll welcome a bouncing baby boy — named Michael. Or Gary. Or Scott!

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Since Nicole Scherzinger is officially in as judge on Fox’s The X Factor, she’s out over on NBC’s The Sing-Off (which returns Monday, Sept. 19). To fill the void, “Love Song” singer (or, to some of you, the provider of Community‘s shipper soundtrack) Sara Bareilles will join musician Ben Folds and Boyz II Men’s Shawn Stockman at the dais this fall.

• For the fourth season of The CW’s 90210 (premiering Sept. 13), Supernatural’s Matt Cohen has replaced Glory Daze‘s Drew Seeley as Beverly Hills’ studly newcomer, Jeremy, Zap2it reports.

• NBC has announced that auditions for the 13th season of The Biggest Loser (set to bow in January 2012) will launch on Saturday, July 30 in Austin, Texas, Newark, N.J., and Detroit, Mich., before moving on to 10 additional cities. Details and applications can be found at TheBiggestLoserCasting.com.

Which TVLine Items are distracting you from the Emmy tidal wave that was today?

1. klutzy_girl says:

I’m thrilled Jim and Pam are having another baby. Hope Baby Halpert #2 is a boy. Yay for Jenna getting pregnant and basically giving us this storyline!

Also, go Matt Cohen!

2. J says:

So excited about Sara B as the new judge on The Sing-Off!!! I was hoping they’d pick her! Can’t wait for Sept. 19th!

• Matt says:

I agree – I think Sara is a perfect replacement, seeing as she’s at least as much of an a cappella nerd as either of the remaining two judges. Not that Nicole isn’t a talented artist in her own right, but I think Sara will have more to contribute to the show. Also, she’s kind of awesome in general. So, there’s that.

3. AD says:

Kind of difficult to hide a pregnancy from February through September, right? I mean, Pam will be 6-7 months along when the new season starts.

4. I’m glad that “The Office” will not do any kind of ‘shoot arounds’ to hide Jenna’s pregnancy, but there is still the fundamental problem that the audience doesn’t really care about Jim and Pam growing their family. It is, almost entirely, a workplace comedy. And it works that way. I’m just hoping that it doesn’t dominate in the episodes or become a story-arc unto itself.

• bkwrm says:

I care. Jim and Pam are what keep me invested in the show now that Michael is gone.

• Cynthia says:

ME TOO bkwrm! I always care about Pam and Jim. It’s just the icing on the cake we get to enjoy after suffering through the Roy/Karen years!

• JB Smooove says:

Yo Timmy, when has any part of Jam’s life outside the office been a major arc. Yeah none. Sure, we’ve had the big moments like the wedding and birth of Cece, but does the show waste our time with mundane, Saturday morning breakfast? No, it doesn’t. Don’t worry, I believe the writers and producers will do it right like the other moments.

**Please note, this opinion can easily and swiftly change if they jack the Andy/Erin relationship around for more than half a season**

5. Luke says:

No way they name the kid after Michael. They haven’t mentioned Michael, or his character, even once since he left the show. I think they’re trying to get us to forget he ever existed.

6. Sam says:

I swear to God, I thought nothing could make me watch The Sing-Off.

And then they added the woman who’s debut album was the undeniable soundtrack to my summer in 2007.

So now I have to watch.

Touche, NBC

7. Grace says:

A musically intelligent, articulate female judge on a reality singing show? Shut your frakkin face.

8. Matt says:

Michael has been mentioned. He got a dog named Pamela Beegsley.

9. TheReasonsY says:

That sucks about Drew not being on 90210. He seems like such a great fit for that show… maybe Glee?

• Loccoo says:

I just thought the same thing. Seeley would be a nice replacement for Teddy.

• Molly says:

For some reason, I’m really rooting for Drew Seeley to do well. Maybe because he sang all of Zac Efron’s parts in the first High School Musical and essentially got no recognition while Zac Efron has become a pretty big star.

10. Allison P says:

I’m disappointed for Drew. He said on Twitter that he had food poisoning that unfortunately coincided with the start of filming. Too bad! At least I can still look forward to Bug Hall’s guest stint…

11. Danielle H. says:

Wow, talk about having judges that have no pop culture relevance hardly. Sara had ONE song. Boyz II Men has been over for a VERYY long time (over a decade), and Ben Folds was never huge at all. Wowzers.

• Taylor says:

It’s not all about relevance. All 3 judges are musically knowledgeable, and know what the elements required to succeed in an a capella competition. Ben and Sean have prove to us that they are great judges. I’m sure Sara will be a great one as well.
      Sara has amazing songs that just didn’t get airtime, simple as that. She’s not the most commercial singer, but she’s great musician. Sure Love Song was her big hit, but Gravity’s my favorite by her.

• bkwrm says:

You must have been living under a rock last year to miss “King of Anything.” It played non-stop all summer. Not to mention that several of her songs have been used on TV shows and movies. And just because and artist or group has not been in the spotlight for a long while, doesn’t make them irrelevant to the music industry; as long as they are really talented anyway. Besides, no cared about Paula Abdul before she did the first season of AI.

12. Jackie says:

No more focus on the Jim and Pam relationship/story, please. Enough episodes or segments have been dedicated to them. Hopefully the writers on the show have not reached a dead-end already. Seems like when they center the shows around them, the other characters are left out of the script. I know they feel compelled to involve her pregnancy on the show, since its hard to hide and easier to include, but why not tell her “See you when you are done.”
    It feels like an easy way out of working. Writers were pumped saying, “Yes,less work this year. I have a ton of old jokes from seasons ago i can use.”
    Any producer in charge of the show should have told them, “Hey. Did someone submit scripts from a couple of seasons ago? I’m reading episodes centered around a baby again. If you do not want to work and produce originality, than go home. There are thousands of writers we can hire that are chomping at the bit to get a job.”