Glee's Best: Round 3 Continues With 'Baby It's Cold' Vs. 'Unpretty,' 'Bohemian' Vs. 'Parade'

Do you feel “Pretty” or a little bit “Cold”? Your answer to that question may determine how you make your decisions in Day 3 of third-round voting in’s Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament.

Glee Shocker: Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chris Colfer Not Returning For Season 4

Yes, folks, we’ve reached perhaps our toughest set of Round 3 matchups, which will help narrow our field of 16 down to eight quarterfinalists. In one poll, you’ve got to choose between the ubiquitous Klaine or the infrequently cited Quinchel. In the other, it’s a showdown between Rachel Berry and her erstwhile boyfriend Jesse St. James.

Fans of a Lea Michele-Jonathan Groff partnership might have trouble deciding in that second poll, but alas, it’s the only way to determine which song-and-dance interlude ranks at No. 1 in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy.

Every day around 4:00 p.m. ET over the next couple of weeks, we’ll launch a new set of bouts that will have you mentally humming your favorite Glee moments and anxiously wondering how in the heck you’re gonna decide between ’em. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. M. Chang says:

This is the worst round ever. It’s so difficult to choose because I don’t like any of these Mike Chang-less songs. Plus, Unpretty beat Defying Gravity, and that’s one of my favorite songs.

• Glee kid says:

THANK YOU M. Chang. These Mike Chang-less songs were not inspiring at all and I would rather listen to Mike Chang’s duet with Tina then vote for these poor excuse for songs(that are contenders).

Ps Your handle is awesome

• Gleekster says:

Glee kid why do you have two identities? Everyone knows you are m. chang and I don’t get your obsession with a guy who hardly talks.

• Goblinmoon says:

Actually I like Mike Chang too! I would like more of him. I like that he’s embarrassed about his singing. I for one would LOVE to see him developed more. He has a wonderful sense of humor even though he is embarrassed, and still keeps on with it. He stays with Glee because he enjoys it and them, which I think rocks!

• Emma says:

What is your obsession with Mike Chang?! Ok, the dude can dance but that’s it! He CAN’T sing and he can barely act, frankly he’s just annoying.

2. Eli says:

LOL, toughest set of round 3 matchups… keep dreaming Slezak. These 2 are so obvious we might as well just close the vote now.

3. Amy says:

Unpretty/Pretty and Don’t Rain on my Parade should win easily! We are going to miss you Lea!

4. Laurie says:

DROMP is my favorite Glee performance ever and IFP/U is close behind it so this was an easy choice.

5. ADC says:

I liked DROMP, but it wasn’t that great of a performance…visually speaking. Bohemian Rhapsody completely blew my mind when I first saw it. The vocals were outstanding and the dancing was incredible (not to mention the Quinn stuff being integrated quite nicely). I think that’s one of the best performances the show has ever done. I wanted Vocal Adrenaline to win after that.

6. Paris says:

This is the hardest round imo but I voted for I feel pretty/unpretty mashup. That was one of glee’s best mashups and it was totally unexpected. Who would have thought that Diana and Lea’s voices blended so well? The second choice was hard but I chose DROMP. I am not going to deny the epicness of bohemian rhapsody and jesse’s vocals. But Lea’s Dromp is the best glee performance imho. It was spectacular and she left it all on the stage. That song caused New Directions to win the Sectionals and solidified my love for glee. Those were the good glee days.

7. Roger says:

I love doing this but lets be honest either Don’t Stop Believin’ or Don’t Rain on My Parade will win although Unpretty/I feel Pretty and/or Teenage Dream will make it atleast one more round

8. Taylor says:

This is the toughest round by far!!
    BICO was a moment of fluff for Klaine/Blurt/Kurt CoBlaine fans everywhere. The entire scene left fans smiling and wanting more from the duo It was just so casual, yet so cool.
    U/IFP has to be the best mash-up of the show’s run. They took 2 different songs (Broadway & R&B) and created this gorgeous new work that sounds beautiful. Dianna’s soft and underrated voice pairs well with Lea’s strong and beautiful voice.
    DROMP was a powerhouse vocal that just left me with my jaw on the ground. I was impressed at Lea’s vocal and the scene itself. She was herself and having fun with it.
    BR was definitely one of the show’s strangest scenes. It contained many hidden metaphors that I didn’t notice until someone pointed them out (Jesse standing out in the middle of the dancers compared to the head popping out of Quinn). The scene was dramatic and funny at the same time, not to mention Jonathan’s amazing vocals and the incredible choreography that was executed. Where else can you find someone giving birth to a Queen song?
    Voted for Unpretty/I Feel Pretty & Bohemian Rhapsody, but I’ll be happy with the outcome no matter what it is.

9. Flapjack says:

I love Lea’s version of “Don’t Rain on My Parade” is easily the best song of Season 1, but as far as performances go I’m gonna have to vote for “Bohemian Rhapsody”. The epic dancing, Quinn giving birth, all the emotions…It’s my favorite Glee scene of all time.

P.S. Why did they choose that picture of Quinn?

10. Kitty says:

Omg… ‘I Feel Pretty/Unpretty > ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’, definitely!! But… ‘Don’t Rain On My Parade’ VS ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’?!?!?! I can’t even choose… They were both showstoppers, no doubt about that. One had an epic choreography and the other was just breathtaking with only Lea belting it out on stage and her march down the aisle… Oh lord, I can’t choose.

11. L. says:

Easy as pie, I voted for I feel pretty/Unpretty and DROMP.

12. Marina says:

Oh. My. God. Don’t Rain on My Parade vs. Bohemian Rhapsody?! This is so hard!

13. chriscolferiswin says:

WHY. IS. THIS. SO. HARD. I’m a hardcore Klainer so I absolutely LOVE BICO, but U/IFP is one of my favorite Rachel songs… Also DROMP V.S. BR???? I think I might die.:/

14. Alice says:

I feel pretty/unpretty by far The Best duet!! And of course DROMP my favorite song ever :)

15. Rob says:

Ugh, I Feel Pretty/Unpretty was SO overrated.

• F says:

Oh really? Why is that? Because the writers found a way to make a Broadway song and an R&B tune blend flawlessly? Because they found a way to make Dianna, one of the show’s weaker singers, sound awesome even when paired with Lea, the show’s strongest singer?

• Stephanie says:

You couldn’t be more wrong…not only was it a great mashup as everyone has mentioned, and not only did the pair sing it beautifully, but it was a great message about girl’s body image and self esteem issues. Basically the number one problem amongst girls in high school. It is probably my favorite song of that season.

• yep says:

It was. Its popularity is mostly due to the fact that people were so shocked that Agron didn’t sound completely horrible for once. Still it’s better than the alternative choice here so I’m going with it.

16. Mandy says:

Stop the press!!! Bohemain Rhapsody isn’t winning!?!? That was the best performance the show has ever done! It must win.

• Kim says:

After Don’t Stop Believing, DROMP in the quintessential glee song. It was the perfect ending to what might have been the end of the show those 1st 13 episodes.

Plus Rachel is ND and that trumps even the amazing Jon Groff. Hell Jon would vote for Lea and Lea would vote for Jon.

17. Gloria says:

I feel pretty/unpretty was the best duet.. amazing song… so many emotions i never tought about a duet between these two and it was so beautiful.. I hope we can get more duets like unpretty between Quinn and Rachel. Ohh and about Bohemian Rhapsody and Dont rain on my parade well both songs were amazing in so many ways.. the emotional feeling of BR when Quinn gave birth to the baby and Rachel during DROMP was the best MOMENT of Glee that’s why I voted for DROMP that’s when I turn to a complete gleek.

18. Charlie says:

it’s faberry tho.. not Quinnchel FABERRY!

19. Sally says:

Faberry! FTW!(It´s not Quinchel) Best duet Unpretty! and of course Lea Michele with DROMP!

20. Caroline says:

How is I Feel Pretty/Unpretty beating Baby, it’s Cold Outside?

• Jen says:

Thank you for bringing this up Caroline!! I am SO with you!!!!

• F says:

Because Kurt and Blaine have very little musical chemistry, there was no context to the song to make it special, and because I feel Pretty/Unpretty was such a pleasant surprise to everyone who had no idea what to expect when the news was leaked that Lea Michele and Dianna Agron were singing a mashup together.

• xx says:

because it’s way better.

21. hmm says:

Agron’s voice is absolute nasally crap. But Lea’s saved it so I guess I’ll go with ifp/p duet. And of course DROMP.

• Rick Springfield says:

Lmfao! I totally agree! It cracks me up when people say her voice is heaven-like, B.S. She is so autotuned and dosen’t sing much because ‘she’s had voice problems in the past’. Besides, Lea had to sing in a lower register to match Diana’s voice, and I’ve never heard Dianna hit a high note. I still voted for IFP/U even though they gave Lea the ‘Mercedes’ treatment and let her wail out all th big notes. Smh, shame, shame.

• Diogo says:

To sing right, people don’t need to reach high notes! I have the same opinion like you do. I don’t thik that Dianna has a great voice, but the combination of both voices work perfectly well.

• F says:

Haha, I agree that Dianna’s voice is probably the weakest on the show (either her or Heather), but they did a really good job of making them blend well together on that duet.

This next bit seems like a bit of a tangent, but, one character that I hate is Will, and I ambivalent towards the Wemma plot. Most of the time, however, I think I like Emma herself… And then I remember she was the character that had the AWFUL idea of having Quinn sing at Sectionals because “she has a beautiful voice”. False. (And that is how that tangent comes back to the original comment).

22. TheReasonsY says:

With all due respect to the talented Groff, almost 32% of you are idiots to think that performance is better than DRONMP which made itself one of the signature songs of the series and locked Lea Michele an Emmy nod.

• BB_Brune says:

Gee, thanks for telling us what to think…
      I’ll just forget all about my undying love for Freddy Mercury and the sheer awesomeness of Bohemian Rhapsody, which, musically speaking, is perfection
      + the fact that Vocal Adrenaline showcased what a show choir SHOULD BE…
      + even my boyfriend who HATES musicals (i.e. Glee included)and is a hardcore Queen fan had to admit that their rendition of the song was pretty cool…
      Nevermind the idea of independent thinking, I’ll just ask you how to vote throughout the tournament…

• phylosaccount says:

Funny Girl/Barbra Streisand>Queen any given time. Don’t even try to discuss it.
        Also Lea Michele is a little more versatile than the Groff, so a little better singer.

DROMP wins as it should.
        I honestly hate both of those duets but I hate BICO more so I vote for it.

• Eli says:

Queen > Streisand for me and no doubt millions of others. Just like there are millions who prefer Streisand.

Stop trying to force your taste upon others.

23. othfan says:

unpretty an don’t rain on my parade, of course!!

24. Andi says:

Not a fan of the self-pity mash up or the horribly placed couple development. God this is getting to be a constant theme with me. I guess I’m slightly disillusioned about this entire bracket considering I’ve got 78 songs on my Glee playlist and only 29 of them ended up here and most of the ones that ended up on this graph are the ones I constantly skip over.

So yeah, another mostly disappointing round. I went with Baby It’s Cold Outside because I’m a sucker for a good Christmasy tune. I hated that the number pretty much had no point in the episode but if I ignore that fact, I enjoy the song more. Don’t Rain on my Parade was an easy vote for me. I’m not usually a Rachael fan but I’ll give her credit where it’s due. That song gave me chills the first time I heard it and it was the perfect song for her character to belt out at that point.

25. Ash says:

Bohemian Rhapsody wasn’t even done by the Glee club. DROMP should easily win because it was done by Rachel… And of course I Feel Pretty/Unpretty was an anthem for girls everywhere. <3

26. Jos says:

What’s hard about this round. It was easy. Glee has never been able to top the perfection of DROMP and IFP/U is was gorgeous. That duet was a revelation and showed me that with the right pairing I could enjoy Quinn voice. Lea did an amazing job adapting to Dianna. That’s why Lea is so good at duets.

• Joe says:

Lea Michele is the queen of duets. No lie.

• Gleedeprived says:

Some people may not like Rachel, the character, or Lea, the artist, but they’ve got to admit she’s got a great voice and she’s really talented. Quinn (Agron) is not that good a singer. But this was a good duet. Lea/Rachel has sung along different voices (Mr Schu, Kurt, Blaine, Finn, Puck…) to great success. Right on, Jos!

• ll says:

disagree. i can’t stand finchel duets. lea always overpower cory. no doubt lea’s a great singer but it’s Adam Anders who is responsible for making some duets sound amazing, including I feel Pretty/Unpretty.

• huh says:

She doesn’t overpower anybody. I suspect they purposefully have her sing louder sometimes to make it sound better, a.k.a. mask the less abled voices. I feel Pretty/Unpretty certainly doesn’t sound good because of Dianna that’s for sure.

• ll says:

except I feel Pretty/Unpretty sound pretty good lol. and she always overpowers cory. it’s not done on purpose.

27. Ryan says:

This is definitely the hardest one so far. I Feel Pretty/Unpretty was one of the most beautiful duets that the show has had, and the song is such a great message. On the other hand the fact that we got such an awesome duet with two guys singing Baby It’s Cold Outside was incredible as well and was such a breakthrough.

Bohemian Rhapsody had one of the best performances on the show. The scenes with Quinn’s baby’s birth was incredible. Such a great one. Meanwhile Don’t Rain On My Parade has made that song so popular to people who have never even heard Barbara before. To hear little girls singing that song shocks me.

Ultimately I went with I Feel Pretty/Unpretty and Don’t Rain On My Parde, but man, very difficult discision.

28. Brittany says:

How is this even a competition? Bohemian Rhapsody was THE best PERFORMANCE on the show. Coupled with amazing choreography, editing and vocals, there Glee has not been able to even put a crack in the flawlessness of this performance. DROMP is a fantastic solo. Lea’s best without a doubt. But BR was a better overall performance.

But seriously…pitting Lea and Groff against each other is just plain wrong.

29. Alice says:

I’ve voted for ‘Baby it’s cold outside because I think it’s very sweet and beautiful. I don’t really like the Quinchel duet. And I also voted for ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ because it’s a GREAT song and Jesse’s voice is amazing. Thoug the other people don’t think the same thing LOL

I alpologize if there is any mistake but I’m italian

30. Laugh says:

So happy to vote for the only Rachel/Quinn duet! DROMP is above all else so this was an EASY round!!!!

31. Margarita says:

this is like the easiest round for these polls. ifp/u and dromp wins easily. i mean, br is great but.. lea michele and dianna agron > everybody else so

32. Tom says:

I don’t see how Bohemian Rhapsody got so far personally. I think it was very overrated (plus, I can’t stand Jesse at all..).

33. K says:

Ugh…this is a tough call. I loved “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” The performance was sizzling and their voices were top notch. But “I Feel Pretty/Unpretty” was an incredible mashup and the girls sounded fantastic together. Both songs are some of my favorites to have come out of the show.

34. Jen says:

“Baby, It’s Cold Outside” was a good performance, but it’s SO overdone. That duet has been performed so many times… It’s not original. “I Feel Pretty/Unpretty” IS original. They took an old TLC song and mixed it in with Broadway! PLUS Dianna and Lea’s voices complement each other so well. It’s one of the few songs that allows Dianna’s voice to shine and stand on its own.

35. hh says: