Emmy Nominations: My Snappy Judgments
I’m Super-Ecstatic About:
* The nods for Friday Night Lights‘ Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton — and finally the show itself!
* Parks and Recreation up for best comedy series.
* All the Justified love, including nods for Timothy Olyphant, Walton Goggins, Margo Martindale and Jeremy Davies.
* Martha Plimpton snagging a lead actress nod for Raising Hope.
* Ed O’Neill finally getting a Modern Family nod.
* Jim Parsons and Johnny Galecki snagging lead actor nods for The Big Bang Theory. Plus, the show itself squeaks into the best comedy race!
* The Good Wife‘s rockin’ female trio (Julianna Margulies, Archie Panjabi, and Christine Baranski) all making the cut again.
* Michelle Forbes’ supporting nod for The Killing. Ditto Mireille Enos for lead actress.
* Glee‘s stellar guest stars — Gwyneth Paltrow, Kristin Chenoweth and Dot Marie Jones — all making the cut.
I’m Rolling My Eyes About:
* Two words: Kathy. Bates. Love her, but no.
* Two more words: The Kennedys.
I’m Super-Pissed About:
* Emmy flunking Community. Again.
* No love for Cougar Town.
* The absence of Fringe‘s Anna Torv and John Noble.
* Southland getting bubkes.
* Sons of Anarchy’s Katey Sagal getting screwed. Again.
* Diddlysquat for Parks and Recreation‘s stellar supporting cast, particularly Nick Offerman.
* No major nods for The Walking Dead.
Okay, that’s my two cents’ worth. Now it’s your turn. Post your own snappy judgments below. And click here to view a list of all the major nominees.