MTV's Teen Wolf Scares Up Second Season

It’s official, Teen Wolf fans: Scott McCall and Co. will be returning for more full moon fun.

MTV announced Wednesday the Season 2 pickup of its hit freshman series, based on the cult classic ’80s flick of the same name.

“Picking up Teen Wolf for a second season marks another step towards the further diversification of our schedule with this big, bold, entertaining scripted series,” MTV’s Head of Programming David Janollari said in a statement. “We’re incredibly proud of this show. Executive producer Jeff Davis has brought an exciting, cinematic story to life with a breakout young cast who our audience has wildly embraced.”

Wolf, starring Tyler Posey (in the role made famous by Michael J. Fox), Tyler Hoechlin and Crystal Reed, is currently the network’s highest-rated new series of both 2010 and 2011, bringing in an average of 1.7 million viewers each week.

The sophomore season of the werewolf tale is set to bow in 2012 with 12 new hour-long episodes.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals

1. Dessy says:

yayy!! I never thought I’d like an MTV show so much, but I totally do!

2. Michael Sacal says:

“in the role made famous by Michael J. Fox”.. weeeeeell, that might be a stretch given that they are different characters with different names, different personalities, etc.

Fox’s Scott and Posey’s Scott are as different from one another as Fox’s teen wolf was from the teen wolf played by Michael Landon in I Was a Teenage Werewolf.

It’s three uniquely different teenagers with the same problem. That’s my opinion after watching the first two episodes.

• Carrie says:

I think the character on the TV show has the same name as the character in the movie, but it’s true that this show is very different from the movie. The werewolf mythology is completely different and he plays lacrosse instead of basketball, etc.

• Michael Sacal says:

Same first name, but different last names. The Scott in the movie was Scott Howard, this Scott is Scott McCall.

Teen Wolf the TV series is not a follow-up or remake like Buffy the TV series was, it’s a complete reboot. The only thing it has in common with the movie is the names of two characters and that one of them is a wolf.

For one thing, the wolf in the movie came from a family of wolves, while this one was bitten by one.

3. Eli says:

Woo!! This is my summer relief to vampire dairies. Good job MTV you can put something on TV then just teen mom and airheads

4. The Warecougar says:

I was actually surprised I liked this show. I’m glad it was picked up. Although being 15 years older than Tyler Posey, I feel a bit of guilt for finding him hot and waiting for the nest shirtless scene.

5. The Warecougar says:

sorry eyes are blurry from eye meds. didn’t c atch the typos.

6. Andrew says:

I hope MTV pays for better special effects. I love the show, but the wolves are unbelievably cheesy.

7. Carrie says:

Cool. I’m surprised that I like the show so much. It’s a fun guilty pleasure. I love how cheesy that alpha wolf looks. I suppose you can’t expect much on MTV’s budget.

• PPPG says:

I agree. I like the cheese-wolf. I’m betting it’s Derek’s uncle in the nursing home. He can only get out while wolfed-out. The vet is part of his pack. Either him or the hunter.

• Yes! I love Teen Wolf! It started out as a guilty pleasure for me too, but quickly developed into one of the most enjoyable shows this summer. MTV finally found a keeper.

8. Rebecca says:

I am only up to episode 3 next monday and its already my new favorite show, while the vampire diaries is off for a few more months

9. John says:

This show is hot and sexy but it would be even better if we ask for an unrated uncut first season on blueray so we can see hotter stuff not able to be shown on tv,lots of deleted scenes,and plenty of special features,trust me they will if we ask.

10. Lexi says:

I totally agree,that would be awsome, please make an unrated blueray version so we can see sexyer scenes and nudity cause all my friends want that a lot.

11. Matt says:

Yeah make an uncut version of teenwolf on blueray with nudity and sex cause that be awsome.

12. ugd says:

يا شباااااب ابي الحلقه الاولى من تن ولف الموسم الثاني

• abdullah cmd says:

شباب ابي الحلقة الاولى من المووسم الثاني لانة في عندي في المكان الي اشتغل فية زباين عاوزين الحلقة بليز اذا مافي مانع

13. Matt says:

Dude, great idea, everyone i know wants some more hotter scenes put on the blueray version with some nudity and a lot of special features.

14. Lacrosse Sex says:

I wonder how many seaons this show will last for? I’m hoping for at least five. Why? I just want to see it make it to Back to the Future Day on October 21st 2015. I figure it could somehow add to the festivities.

15. Adelyn Gillett says:

I so love this show and i cant wait until season 2 begins… How much longer do i have to wait??

16. nano says:

I caaaaaaaan’t wait season 2 really i like this show sooooo much

17. Billy says:

so when is Teenwolf goinig to air thier new episodied — season 2 ??