MTV's Teen Wolf Scares Up Second Season

Get More: News, Renewals

It’s official, Teen Wolf fans: Scott McCall and Co. will be returning for more full moon fun.

MTV announced Wednesday the Season 2 pickup of its hit freshman series, based on the cult classic ’80s flick of the same name.

“Picking up Teen Wolf for a second season marks another step towards the further diversification of our schedule with this big, bold, entertaining scripted series,” MTV’s Head of Programming David Janollari said in a statement. “We’re incredibly proud of this show. Executive producer Jeff Davis has brought an exciting, cinematic story to life with a breakout young cast who our audience has wildly embraced.”

Wolf, starring Tyler Posey (in the role made famous by Michael J. Fox), Tyler Hoechlin and Crystal Reed, is currently the network’s highest-rated new series of both 2010 and 2011, bringing in an average of 1.7 million viewers each week.

The sophomore season of the werewolf tale is set to bow in 2012 with 12 new hour-long episodes.

Tags: ,

Comments (26)

• yayy!! I never thought I’d like an MTV show so much, but I totally do!

Comment by Dessy – July 13, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “in the role made famous by Michael J. Fox”.. weeeeeell, that might be a stretch given that they are different characters with different names, different personalities, etc.

Fox’s Scott and Posey’s Scott are as different from one another as Fox’s teen wolf was from the teen wolf played by Michael Landon in I Was a Teenage Werewolf.

It’s three uniquely different teenagers with the same problem. That’s my opinion after watching the first two episodes.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 13, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think the character on the TV show has the same name as the character in the movie, but it’s true that this show is very different from the movie. The werewolf mythology is completely different and he plays lacrosse instead of basketball, etc.

Comment by Carrie – July 13, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same first name, but different last names. The Scott in the movie was Scott Howard, this Scott is Scott McCall.

Teen Wolf the TV series is not a follow-up or remake like Buffy the TV series was, it’s a complete reboot. The only thing it has in common with the movie is the names of two characters and that one of them is a wolf.

For one thing, the wolf in the movie came from a family of wolves, while this one was bitten by one.

Comment by Michael Sacal – July 13, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woo!! This is my summer relief to vampire dairies. Good job MTV you can put something on TV then just teen mom and airheads

Comment by Eli – July 13, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was actually surprised I liked this show. I’m glad it was picked up. Although being 15 years older than Tyler Posey, I feel a bit of guilt for finding him hot and waiting for the nest shirtless scene.

Comment by The Warecougar – July 13, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nest = next. ☺☻☺

Comment by The Warecougar – July 13, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not like you have to wait long or anything. There were three topless scenes in the pilot alone.

Comment by Sam – July 13, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • By the prwviews, next week as well. ♥♥♥♥ I just checked IMDB and it’s 19 years …. grrrr …. I feel like a *****!

Comment by The Warecougar – July 13, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry eyes are blurry from eye meds. didn’t c atch the typos.

Comment by The Warecougar – July 13, 2011 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope MTV pays for better special effects. I love the show, but the wolves are unbelievably cheesy.

Comment by Andrew – July 13, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I love the show but hope they spend their hiatus working on the CGI.

Comment by michael – July 13, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. I’m surprised that I like the show so much. It’s a fun guilty pleasure. I love how cheesy that alpha wolf looks. I suppose you can’t expect much on MTV’s budget.

Comment by Carrie – July 13, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I like the cheese-wolf. I’m betting it’s Derek’s uncle in the nursing home. He can only get out while wolfed-out. The vet is part of his pack. Either him or the hunter.

Comment by PPPG – July 13, 2011 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I love Teen Wolf! It started out as a guilty pleasure for me too, but quickly developed into one of the most enjoyable shows this summer. MTV finally found a keeper.

Comment by Recap Everything – July 13, 2011 11:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am only up to episode 3 next monday and its already my new favorite show, while the vampire diaries is off for a few more months

Comment by Rebecca – July 14, 2011 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is hot and sexy but it would be even better if we ask for an unrated uncut first season on blueray so we can see hotter stuff not able to be shown on tv,lots of deleted scenes,and plenty of special features,trust me they will if we ask.

Comment by John – July 29, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I totally agree,that would be awsome, please make an unrated blueray version so we can see sexyer scenes and nudity cause all my friends want that a lot.

Comment by Lexi – August 2, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah make an uncut version of teenwolf on blueray with nudity and sex cause that be awsome.

Comment by Matt – August 2, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • يا شباااااب ابي الحلقه الاولى من تن ولف الموسم الثاني

Comment by ugd – August 29, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • شباب ابي الحلقة الاولى من المووسم الثاني لانة في عندي في المكان الي اشتغل فية زباين عاوزين الحلقة بليز اذا مافي مانع

Comment by abdullah cmd – September 30, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dude, great idea, everyone i know wants some more hotter scenes put on the blueray version with some nudity and a lot of special features.

Comment by Matt – August 30, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder how many seaons this show will last for? I’m hoping for at least five. Why? I just want to see it make it to Back to the Future Day on October 21st 2015. I figure it could somehow add to the festivities.

Comment by Lacrosse Sex – November 26, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so love this show and i cant wait until season 2 begins… How much longer do i have to wait??

Comment by Adelyn Gillett – December 17, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I caaaaaaaan’t wait season 2 really i like this show sooooo much

Comment by nano – March 25, 2012 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so when is Teenwolf goinig to air thier new episodied — season 2 ??

Comment by Billy – April 22, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post