Fall TV Preview

Done Deal: Jesse Spencer Re-Signs with House

The doctor is still in. Following weeks of ultimately down-to-the-wire negotiations, Jesse Spencer has on late Tuesday night closed a new deal to continue on as House‘s Dr. Robert Chase for the upcoming Season 8.

Spencer himself touted the good news via Twitter, telling followers, “I’m coming back for Season 8 with a tan and a busted [surf]board.” (The actor had been braving the waves at Newport Beach.)

House Boss on Finale Fallout: House Wasn’t Trying to Kill Cuddy

The development no doubt comes as a welcome relief to the show’s producers, who were already reeling from the sudden departure of leading lady Lisa Edelstein. The show is also facing the possible loss of Olivia Wilde. Back in May, series creator David Shore expressed uncertainty about the extent of Wilde’s involvement during the show’s eighth and possibly-final season. “I expect she’ll be back,” he told TVLine, “but I’m not sure how much she’ll be back.”

Exclusive: Lisa Edelstein Returns to TV — on CBS

House returns on Monday, October 3, at 9/8c (now leading out of Terra Nova).

Thoughts? Relieved Spencer is sticking around? Does it offset some of your disappointment about Edelstein’s exit? Hit the comments with, um, your comments!

Comments (167)

• Chase coming back is good news but I still want my Cuddy back.

Comment by Cath – July 13, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s good news that chase is back but if “Cuddy” leave the show I don’t think that it will be the same cuz in the last season House was that close to kill her and she doesen’t want him anymore so it will be no “fight” between them in the coming season.

Comment by moniba – July 13, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like cutty but is still love watching the show with all the other charactors especially Chase, house, and I still like six. Man I wish kumar never got killed off but all the people they get for house is awesome they know what they r doin all the way around I love them all

Comment by cherie – July 13, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cuddy coming back. That’s the news I want to hear.

Comment by Brit – July 13, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Chase coming back is great, I like him!
      Cuddy? No, thanks. Her place is where she is now: out of the way!

Comment by Lena – July 14, 2011 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So agreed!

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2011 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yep!…chase is my favourite character, after House of course.

As for Cuddy, she showed her true colours. House does not need her.
        Hopefully some fresh interesting faces will appear.

Comment by Maro – July 15, 2011 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree

Comment by carol – July 15, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I sooo agree! I hated Cuddy. And Chase is my favorite! I’m so glad Cuddy’s gone!

Comment by Shester – July 17, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good riddance to Cuddy – the actress and character always were annoying. Season 8 looking good already!

Comment by Peter – October 22, 2011 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Crap. Chase is the only reason I watch House, so I was hoping he wouldn’t re-sign so I wouldn’t have to watch next season. Looks like one more year for me.

Comment by J – July 13, 2011 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Him and Wilson. Still not excited anymore.

Comment by Misha – July 13, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought! Good for him as far as employment goes (I won’t say good for him as an actor as his talent is totally wasted on House) but this means I’ll likely have to tune in from time to time for old times sakes. Chase and Wilson are the only characters I care about.

They’re screwed if Olivia leaves and IMO should hold her to her contract. I hated thirteen for ages but she’s finally grown on me (now she’s no longer shoved down our throats) and fits well with the team. They’ve given her a lot of leeway in the past season and she does owe her House stint for her career resurgence.

Comment by Erin – July 13, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yeaaaaah!

Comment by Juliana – July 13, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! Thanks for the great news, Matt. I was getting worried there. ‘House’ wouldn’t be the same without Chase. Any news on whether Jesse will appear in less episodes like Omar had to sign for?

Comment by Carol – July 13, 2011 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome… I would definitely have missed the hotness factor if he didn’t return.

Comment by JoshS – July 13, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesse, Hugh and Robert are the main attractions of this show for me. The other two are expendable. I haven’t liked Lisa’s character that much for the last two seasons, so I am looking forward to seeing how they replace her, and with whom. House still has some potential for me, depending on how well they handle the last episode’s incident.

Comment by sashay – July 13, 2011 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with your top three, too.

Comment by Volcfom – July 13, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agree with everything you said. Definitely watching for the 3 guys. The whole 2 women pregnant with Taub’s babis is intriguing, so we’ll see how that turns out. Don’t care about Cuddy or 13.

Comment by mars – July 14, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally! Jesse is such a great actor and Chase is my favorite character so I was going to give up on the show if he wasn’t coming back next season. Here’s hoping the writers actually give him a good storyline.

Comment by Stephanie – July 13, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah! The main reason outside of Hugh L that I watch- refreshing news!!!!! HOping for a good storyline for him – maybe a new relationship?

Comment by charla – July 13, 2011 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Give him a good story line like …
      May be Wilson,House,Chase can all come out of the closet together
      ——

Maybe a Titter like cop who has been investigating the murder of Dibala “finally” gets Foreman to turn evidence on Chase (he is jealous of Chase after learning he has been sleeping with Thirteen)Chase goes to jail where by sheer concindence his cellmate is G House already in jail for attempted murder of one LISA CUDDY. So Chase become a favorite of the cell block but a special favorite of House who since his incarciration has decided to embrace his gay side and has started a relationship with James Wilson in the next jail cell serving time drug trafficing and forging rxs of vicodin for House. Taub is James Wilson cellmate and he is in jail for failure to pay child support as with his super sperm he has about 100 out of wedlock children and he is now backrupt and making it with female prison guards.

HOUSE IS JUST ANOTHER NIGHT TIME GA TYPE SOAP OPERA
      GONE BY MID SEASON

Comment by ebowers – July 14, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank god he signed!!!! Would have not watched it without him in it!

Comment by Jill – July 13, 2011 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness. Wouldn’t do to have two characters mysteriously disappear. Hopefully they’ll continue to give Chase good screentime in S8.

Comment by Amber – July 13, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ~yawn~

Comment by susela – July 13, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He could borrow my car…

Comment by Elizabeth – July 13, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. JS has matured into a really impressive actor. Looks like being around HL and RSL paid off. So glad to hear he’s coming back in what is shaping up as a great season with lots of possibilities for some new characters and new plot lines.

Comment by sara – July 13, 2011 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes! But! is it now a men only cast or what?

Comment by Deena – July 13, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, season 8 is going to be amazing! House, Chase and Wilson are my fav, now I only hope OW will be back :)

Comment by Jess – July 13, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It`s great that he`ll be back.I was slightly worried. He is my favourite teammember.

Hope we`ll find out soon who will be House`s new boss?!?

Comment by Lucille – July 13, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House is the reason that “HOUSE” will go on for a long time i hope.
      he is the greatest character invented for a drama series in a long time.
      i would have him be my dr whether he was reading lines or not!!!
      but then i’m 65yrs old and have a big crush on him….
      my pet pillow is named dr gregory house.
      show you there are all kinds of innocents nuts in this world….
      just a senior citizen with a small (large LOL) crush on a great dr.
      character on a tv show. hurray for the whole cast……

Comment by lucy hickey – July 13, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would say it’s good…I guess…kind of like buying a box of band-aids to plug the hole in a sinking ship. It’s still going down, it’ll just look a little hotter sinking.

Comment by Jen – July 13, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha THIS.

Comment by N – July 13, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brilliant!

Comment by Pat – July 13, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I do agree. It’s sad but true. Long, LONG gone are the days of REALLY good House epis. I personally wouldn’t have cared less if Jesse was back; I only care about Hugh and, in a somewhat distant second, Robert Sean Leonard. I’m certainly not going to miss Lisa.

Comment by Snarksville – July 13, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!! Chase was always my No.1 duckling!

Comment by Mia – July 13, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jesse Spencer!!! Chase is my favorite and I would for sure not watch House without him being in it :)

Comment by Sal – July 13, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The main story line for House has always been the conflict between House and Cuddy. Without Cuddy I’m afraid that the real draw of the show is gone. I don’t have a good feeling about the future of this great show.

Comment by Al – July 13, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It never was the main storyline. It was a sub-story.

Comment by MiMi – July 13, 2011 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • People watch this show, or stop watching, for lots of different reasons. For me personally, it was never about Huddy, but House’s relationship with Wilson that was the most compelling (and before everyone jumps on my case, I wasn’t a Hameron fan either). That being said, Chase is most definitely my favorite team member and it would have been a sad loss if Jesse hadn’t returned.

Comment by Lola – July 13, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree – I watch it mainly for House and Wilson’s interactions. Their friendship has been the big draw for me over the entire course of the show. But, I don’t really participate in the “shipping” aspect of fandom. I honestly prefer it greatly when House doesn’t have a romantic interest.

I’m also really glad that Chase is back, as he’s a fantastic team member. His interactions with Foreman especially add something to the team’s scenes.

Comment by Arci – July 13, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Wilson isn’t going anywhere is he?

Comment by Frannie – July 13, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I gotta agree with you 100% Arci. I’m in no way a “shipper”, it’s a rather ridiculous notion that I refuse to be a part of, so House as a single guy is definitely preferred.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2011 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, that’s why the show is called House&Cuddy MD! Ops, nope it’s House MD and in the first amazing seasons Cuddy was barely in each episode! The show is about House, period.

Comment by Rei – July 13, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Main storyline?! Definitely a big NO. Take off the shipper glasses and you’ll see it wasn’t even a proper sub-plot for the first 4 seasons.

Comment by Liz – July 13, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i agree with u Al, i started watching when season 5 had ended and crammed all the previous into about 2 weeks of nothing but house i love the drama between those 2. i know house and cuddy have had it borring at time but other times is amazing i really don’t think is going to be a great season without that drama there.

Comment by mercy – July 13, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The neurotic trainwreck that was Huddy was one of the reasons I stopped watching House so maybe I’ll be tempted to come back now.

I just hope they give Chase something to do other than be a man-ho. The last story arc he had was Dibala.

Comment by Pat – July 13, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im happy, but not thrilled because although Jesse is a good actor, he’s not the main reason I watch the show. Hopefully, it’s not too late.

Comment by tahina – July 13, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its fantastic that Jesse Spencer will return for season 8. Of all the characters, besides House himself, Chase has always been the most interesting one for me. Now I’m really looking forward for the next season!

Comment by James – July 13, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed.Chase is the most interesting character other than House himself.I hope the writers,producers finally give this character a well deserved attention & make S8 his season to shine.Jesse is a great actor & can hold his own .

Comment by Daniel – July 14, 2011 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I have a reason to continue to watch.

Comment by MiMi – July 13, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry, I honestly have nothing against LE/Cuddy, but “leading lady”? There is only one leading person in the show and that is Hugh Laurie.

Comment by un-holy – July 13, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!

Comment by Liz – July 13, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s easy to be the leading lady when you’re the only regular actress on the show

Comment by Jess – July 13, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank heaven. He is the only character I truly care about and has been sadly underused. I have never figured out why the storylines of Taub and 13 have dominated the show for the last 3 years. Those characters did nothing to make this show great. That was done by the original six. The fired Jennifer Morrison, marginalized Jesse Spencer, and while Omar Epps hung on to his screen time, he never really got a storyline. Wilson was turned into a caricature of his former self. Now if they would throw Taub and his midlife crisis under a bus, it might be a season worth watching. I will watch, but only because Jesse Spencer portrayal of Chase.

Comment by Jaimie – July 13, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS! I’m so glad he’ll be back, I respect him as an actor and I just love the character he’s playing. Jesse Spencer is incredibly talented and it’s about time they realize how much he is loved by the audience. He always had great chemistry esp. with Hugh Laurie (their rare moments were pure gold!), and even managed to hold his own alongside a wooden Olivia Wilde in the After Hours episode. If she doesn’t return and persues her movie career instead, and the writers keep concentrating on House instead of an intolerably annoying Mary Sue-character, [H]ouse might get back its strength again. Yay for more Chase and Chase interaction! :)

Comment by Mo – July 13, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish Jennifer would come back. She doesn’t HAVE to be Chase’s girlfriend, but having her back on the show is good enough. Cameron’s a great character.

Comment by Kate – August 2, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy, can’t wait for the next season!

Comment by Rei – July 13, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy Jessie is signed, I had no doubt that he would not. Very much looking forward to season eight. Will not miss Cuddy at all, she became such an overbearing character to me. The show is about House, now hopefully we will get back to him, and the medical puzzles.

Comment by Kath G – July 13, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nothing will get over the disappointment of Lisa Edelstein not being signed, although i am happy for jesse who is a decent actor and who seems like a really nice guy, but what i don`t understand is why they negotiated with jesse for almost 2 months but would only negotiate with Edelstein for 3 weeks? something sounds fishy there. someone should really look into that.

Comment by Melissa – July 13, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you completely. Who needs Chase if we can’t have Cuddy? The producers let her leave without putting up a fight.

Comment by Susan – July 13, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bye bye then, we won’t miss you. Have fun screwing with the TGW fandom.

Comment by Sam – July 13, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol, this!

Comment by Ali – July 13, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Lol,they started it allready in a big way. One of these moments where i suddenly don´t care anymore for TGW and house wins me back,after two years of abstinence *brush a tear away.

Comment by cindy – July 13, 2011 02:00 PM PDT
          • @cindy
            Oh my, the huddytards in action, again! What did they do in TGW fandom?
            Also, I feel sorry for tptb of that show

Comment by Emma – July 13, 2011 04:07 PM PDT
      • Well, I despise Cuddy so I’m more than happy to see her gone. Good riddance! I’ll have Chase and 13 over Cuddy everytime.

Comment by Ali – July 13, 2011 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s all about business, for tptb she wasn’t worth it and I agree with them.

Comment by Ali – July 13, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am absolutely loving your comments. Keep it up!

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2011 03:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Couldn’t care less… The character always annoyed me.

Comment by RB – July 13, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, maybe we’ll eventually get the Chase13 coupling I’ve been wanting for ages. :D

Comment by Fido – July 13, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just pray and hope they won’t go that road. It’s way too predictable and Thirteen is boring as hell. I much prefer Chase with House or Foreman, or House and Wilson. The old team (or what’s left of it) still rocks. I do wonder why they want to keep Olivia Wilde when she’s not around for most or even all of the time? With the money wasted on keeping or not keeping her, they might as well have paid Lisa Edelstein enough money to stick around.

Comment by Cal – July 13, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • good point!

Comment by melissa – July 13, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LE was a waste of money. Clearly, the Huddy relationship (yuck) was meant to fail. There’s no need for her anymore. And Chase is an eye-candy. I’d rather have 10 Chases than 1 Cuddy.

Comment by Ugh – July 13, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Right, and Olivia Wilde, being gone for two thirds or more of another season, isn’t. Tell me how that works.

Comment by Cal – July 13, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well said. I exactey feel the same about that matter, as well as the fact that TPTB seem to intend to hook up Chase and Thirteen just because both of them have put an end to someone’s life. They did it for totally different reasons, and in my opinion Chase did the right thing saving a lot of people by acting that way, whereas Thirteen did it out of “mercy” to her sick brother and self-pity (after all, she will face the same fate in a few year’s time). It shouldn’t be such an easy, almost sloppy thing to do, even when you’re a TV-doctor.
        However, it’s great news that Jesse is back. Hopefully Chase won’t turn into important but boring Thirteens boyfriend or care taker. His doomed relationship with Cameron was painful enough to watch.

Comment by Chris – July 14, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree with this, on all points. I hope they’ll give the actor something more decent to do than taking care of miserable, supercool, poor dying, yet indestructible ole 13. Actually I want her to die in the first episode of next season. That would make me even happier than Jesse Spencer re-signing. *lol*

Comment by Wally – July 14, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • PREACH! Amber Tamblyn’s character and acting were a lot more interesting than Olivia Wilde’s 13. And withouth Cuddy, I don’t know how they show will work. House used to be such a good, good show.

Comment by Lukewarm – July 21, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I liked Amber Tambyln too. Chase was great with her, I really liked their scenes together. It’s great that Jesse is back, but I hope he won’t be wasted in – ugh! – the monstrous walking drama that 13 is.

Comment by Bubu – July 22, 2011 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good that he re-signed for House, and I hope they give him a better storyline this season. However, I definitely feel this season will be the last.

Comment by Justin – July 13, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! Jesse Spencer is amazing and he deserved to get that deal!

Comment by Sonya – July 13, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too much testosterone. Who are they going to sign to replace Lisa E. and Wilde child to balance things out.

Comment by Bob – July 13, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House needs Cuddy. But yay Chase is back!!!!

Comment by christina – July 13, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love that Jesse will be back, , would like to see them bring back nerdy girl, she was to the cast like Velma is to Scooby-doo. A female version of House in the making!

Comment by P6612 – July 13, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great They will need more muscle in desperate but ultimately futile attempt to keep this sinking ship above water.

ABANDON SHIP, GEE WILL YOU LOOK AT THAT SHARK CIRCLING

Comment by EJB – July 13, 2011 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only sinking ship was the dumb huddy one and it’s already gone down. Huddy’s death will be the rebirth of House

Comment by Ali – July 13, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Actually glad Cuddy is leaving. She got real boring. Something with Olivia and House would be interesting with how their personalities are. Or bring in a female who is as wacky as House to replace Cuddy. Then watch Wilson go insane!! Get rid of what’s his name whose wife and the nurse are pregnant. Can’t stand him!! He’s forgettable. I am a House fan and can’t remember the charactor or the actor’s names.

Comment by Debbie – July 13, 2011 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You clearly aren’t much of a fan if you don’t know who the characters are, regardless of whether you like them or not. Perhaps you should hitch a ride out of here with Lisa Edelstein.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2011 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the writers would read some of the fan fiction and utilize the chemistry of House, Chase and Wilson more. Many FF stories center on the interaction of these characters, especially House and Chase. I love Jesse and wouldn’t watch it if he were gone.

Comment by Paula – July 13, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want to see more medical stuff and less soap opera crap.

Comment by Jon Bon Jovi – July 13, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE HL. He’s the reason I watch. I miss my weekly fix of sarcasm and intrigue. His relationship with Wilson has been very entertaining but agree Wilson has degraded into a caricature of his former self. Foreman’s character has become muddied as well. Cuddy’s interaction certainly spiced things up but it was getting to be same old thing. They need another strong but interesting female to balance things out. Would love to see them introduce a character that can stay ahead of House and his games. (sort of a beat him to the punch character) Enough with the sexcapades. I liked both teams when there was a great storyline behind it. Can’t wait for the season to start. I’m in withdrawal

Comment by Amy – July 13, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good, I like Chase. Particularly now they’ve drawn the parallel between him and Thirteen – she euthanized her brother because it was the right thing to do, he killed the dictator for the same reason. And though I’m sure to get flak for it, I’m glad Cuddy’s gone. I don’t like her and I never did. (This is not a slam on Lisa Edelstein, however – she did an admirable job with the role. It’s the role itself that irritates me.)

Comment by Rose – July 13, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rose, I think that everyone’s entitled to their opinion, and sane fans won’t flak you for it. I do agree with your take on Cuddy. They made her an intolerable b**** during the painful ‘Huddy’ arc and though I feel sad for her gone, as she was an integral part of the cast, I wonder what was left for her character after the S7 finale. Whatever reasons she’s had, she’s decided wisely.

I beg to differ on the parallel between Chase and Thirteen’s ‘murdering someone’. Wilson euthanized, House did, even Cameron did it. If you look at it that way, she could make out with all of them just as well. Chase, he acted for a greater good. He wasn’t personally involved. Whether you morally judge it or not, the issue was much, much bigger and had nothing in common with a mercy killing. I was appalled when they brushed the dictator thing under the carpet. It would have been a great story and had much potential for a mentorship of House, providing guidiance for Chase who has always been a lot like him. They totally ignored and dismissed it. Instead, they pulled the incident out of the hat when Thirteen needed support with her prison inmate, casually connecting the two with the agony of a bad conscience. It’s not the same, it’s a totally different matter, and I felt bad when the writers confessed that Chase was merely an afterthought when they were developing the script for the before mentioned Thirteen-vehicle episode. “Oh, look, let’s get Chase back into the picture and make him her confidant because he has killed someone too.” That’s lazy writing. That’s not what the actor deserves. He can do better than let her shine, and I hope the writers remember how much potential they had with the Chase/House dynamics.

Comment by Cal – July 13, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Excellent post, Cal. I couldn’t agree more.

Comment by Stephanie – July 13, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree to all of the above. I was so excited with that meaty dibala storyline… Then we got nothing. No real follow-through. Taub’s philandering got more screentime – wtf?!

Comment by Erin – July 13, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree with cal.The writers/producers totally ignored the consequences of killing Dibala.How can a person deliberately kill someone & continue with his life as nothing has happened.They are willing to focus on 13′s forced euthanization of her brother story witch is just boring & it’s not the first time the show has delt with that.We had a whole episode with Cameron.And House & Wilson did it , so what is the big deal with 13 doing it!?.It’s a really different issue than killing someone on purpose .Dibala arc was a much more interesting story & yet they ignored it as if the writers regretted giving the story to Chase & decided to shift the drama to the walking misery that is 13.This coming season I won’t be as patient as I was during the disastrous S7.Last season or not,I think the first half of S8 is the last chance I give to this show.

Comment by Daniel – July 14, 2011 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I certainly won’t miss the ridiculous wardrobe they had Cuddy in. Too tight, too much cleavage, very unbelievable a woman concerned with commanding respect would dress like that. Had to be for ratings.

Comment by sharon – July 13, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can the ship be sinking – Season 8 has already been confirmed as the last. If anything it’s just about to pull into port.

Comment by ICC – July 13, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Icc… PLEASE
      The Main character is a Felon,on the run from the law
      Chase is a Two bit tramp
      Wilson is an one note enabler
      Taub has super sperm
      Oliva Wilde has a terminal disease
      Foreman is the best of the bunch of these loser
      I wouldn’t be superised if the show was cancelled before the end of season 8 perhaps mid season.

Comment by erin – July 13, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will continue to watch House without Lisa and even without Olivia. I know that you’re incredible writers and you can figure something out that should work. Why not bring back Jennifer Morrison to take Cuddys spot? I think you could work out something interesting with that. I’m glad that Chase/Jesse is sticking around. Pleaseeeeee don’t stop House :[

Comment by Angel'yn – July 13, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s a nice idea. Bring Morrison back!

Comment by Deb – July 13, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JM has her own show coming up this fall, why would she even come back to this mess?

Comment by wtfisthisshow – July 13, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Wish the House writers would have some more substantial story lines for Chase, Wilson and Foreman.
    Personally, I’m glad to see the Cuddy character gone. The last season, the Cuddy character was almost like a young school girl in her reactions towards House. Love him or leave him? Don’t keep him dangling and one thing every mature adult knows…you can NOT change people. Love them as they are or move on.
    Such a great show but I found last season a bit disappointing, again mostly due to the House/Cuddy relationship.
    If the 8th season is the final, I will be sad to see it go. Great actors and for the most part, really good writing.

Comment by Laura – July 13, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never was a cuddy fan. So I don’t mind that she is gone. Their relationship was over this past season and irreconcilable ! Now lets get back to the House series. I miss House.

Comment by Judy – July 13, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to see cuddy back, I liked her and house together. The whole team was wonderful.

Comment by Jen – July 13, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ah pero ke guapo estas azi zigue te amo

Comment by fernandita de hederson – July 13, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its fantastic that Jesse Spencer will return. He is for sure my favorite of House’s team. I do hope they will write a good story line for him this year :)

Comment by Karoline – July 13, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohh, that’s definitely a wonderful news that Chase is comming back, I simply adore him playing and his role is very pleasant and funny and without his Australian accent, it wouldn’t be the same! However it’s a great pitty that Cuddy is leaving! I liked her character very much, she created always a very interesting atmosphere and amusing scenes. Wish she would stay! All members of the old team (maybe apart from Cameron) were fabulous and irreplacible.

Comment by Agnes – July 13, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Que buena noticia…I love him!

Comment by INGRID – July 13, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • jesse spencer could put his shoes under my bed at any time. so happy he is coming back

Comment by diane giffin – July 13, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always wanted House and probably Wilson to end up taking care of Cuddy’s daughter, looks like it’s not going to happen anyway. Cuddy really wasn’t a big part of the series, she was just the “authority” House was fighting with; in episode “Broken”, Dr. Nolan was the replacement for Cuddy, and it didn’t suck. Whoever takes the authority, House will be just great. Hope they’ll keep Taub, he’s naturally funny and got a great sense of sarcasm, but his wife is just boring. And finally, “eighth and possibly-final season”? that’s just sad.

Comment by Chase – July 13, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So nice to see someone give a little respect to the character of Taub. Peter Jacobson does a great job with his portrayal.

Comment by tripoli – July 14, 2011 03:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post