ABC Renews Rookie Blue for Season 3

ABC has picked up its summertime cop drama Rookie Blue for a third season.

The Toronto-based series’ current second season has been a solid performer for the network, placing No. 1 on Thursdays at 10 pm in adults 18-49 every week since its premiere.

Production on Season 3 is slated to begin later this summer.

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: News, Renewals, Scoop

1. Matt says:

Very happy about this. A good summer guilty pleasure.

2. RowellE says:

BEST NEWS THIS WEEK! Huge Rookie Blue Fan. My summer guilty pleasure :)

3. xav says:

Fun, I love my Toronto cops.

4. suze says:

Great, I really enjoy this show.

5. Mandy says:

Loving this season! This is a great show with alot of good talent.

6. Megs says:

Yay! that made my day! Favorite summer show by far!

7. terrible says:

Possibly the worst written, worst acted, worst directed, worst ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF on the air today. The music cues on this show is slit-your-wrist bad. The lead is so pretty and so, so bad at this whole “acting” thing. Good God. ABC is officially full of crap. The only thing worth watching on this show is CASTLE.

• BRETT says:

Guess you haven’t seen SECRET LIFE on ABC Family, huh? There’s no way this is worse than that.

• Rowell says:

LMAO. I like the story on Secret Life, but the acting is the worst I’ve ever seen on TV.

• DUnique says:

HAHAHAH! This is so true! That is seriously THE worst acting ever. I just don’t get it at all. I will admit I didn’t like Rookis Blue right away but I was hooked after a few epdisodes. This is great news.

• steph says:

So bad that you took the time to read and comment with 6 sentences on the article. Why waste your time?

Personally I like it, guilty pleasure TV!

8. Fox says:

Great news! It’s always fun to watch this show and see locations that I drive by every day. It’s nice to see Toronto filmed as Toronto for once.

9. Katie says:

Yes!! I love this show. Started watching cause of Reaper’s Missy Peregrym. Glad to know already that it is renewed for next summer!

10. Larissa says:

HURRAY! I was sucked into this show last summer, and am loving the 2nd season! I am so glad it got picked up again! Love the characters and the chemistry on the show!

11. Sivat says:

As a Canadian, I love it when Canadian shows do well in the States. Yay!

12. Fred says:

They should write about our fat ignorant new mayor who wants to cut back a number of Toronto police, along with closing the bike lanes, and cuts for our pride parade.

• Captain says:

Only we would get that though. I have a hard time believing someone in Michigan knows who Rob Ford is so the commentary wouldn’t reach.

13. Elizabeth says:

I’m happy about this news! I really do like this show. But… I hate what they’re doing to Andy & Luke’s relationship. The writers decided to go down the “make Luke a jerk, toss in an ex, and eventually send Andy running to Sam!” Yawn.

I like Luke. And really like Luke & Andy together. Andy & Sam are great partners but never been dying for them to get together romantically. I know it’s coming though.

14. Nicotine says:

I’m not gonna lie, I’m hooked on this show… bad acting and all. And yes, there is a lot of bad acting on this show.

Missy Peregrym is adorable and I’ve been a fan of Gregory Smith since Everwood! (I really miss Everwood.)

15. Mar* says:

Great news!!! I love the show so much!!!

16. SusieEmm says:

Fantastic. I love the chemistry between Sam and Andy, number one. And number 2 I really enjoy all of the actors. They make me care about their characters.

17. paula says:

Yay for Gregory Smith, I miss Everwood too

18. Must have for summers. The season opener was shocking, very good. But please stop shooting cast members. :)

19. Jenn says:

YESS!! I loove this show!!

20. V says:

I just got into this show and I love it! I’m glad they’ve renewed it!! :D

21. Remy says:

THANK GOD ! all the way from Amsterdam,Holland totally hooked on rookie blue! LOVE IT hopefully season 4 and 5 will also be possible …..

greetings

22. sabrina says:

I love this show!! Andy and Sam should be the two who get engaged and have kids together!!! These two are made for one another.. Some serious chemistry between them two and you should KEEP that for season 3!!

23. Terri says:

I am thrilled that it has been renewed! I am 100% adicted to this show. Cannot wait for season #3. My husband makes fun of me for replaying the Sam and Andy scenes over and over! They are so hot together

24. iris says:

I love this show, I need to watch the first season though. I got hooked in the 2nd. I love that sam and Andy are finally together! He is to damm hot. Lol

25. jamie says:

I absolutely love Rookie Blue! So pumped it’s coming back for another season. Great chemistry between Sam and Andy! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

26. Kit says:

Great news. I really love Andy & Sam. Greetings from Germany!

27. Izzy says:

Really Good Show,
    Its kinda different than the others Cop show and thats what makes it AWESOME!! ;) From Gatineau,QC Area
    Much love Xox

28. I’m so excited for Rookie Blue to come back on! Still has/will not beat my love for Flashpoint but I’m sure it will get close as is goes on. Great storyline, can’t wait to see how this season pans out.