ABC Renews Rookie Blue for Season 3

Get More: News, Renewals, Scoop

ABC has picked up its summertime cop drama Rookie Blue for a third season.

The Toronto-based series’ current second season has been a solid performer for the network, placing No. 1 on Thursdays at 10 pm in adults 18-49 every week since its premiere.

Production on Season 3 is slated to begin later this summer.

Tags: ,

Comments (36)

• Very happy about this. A good summer guilty pleasure.

Comment by Matt – July 13, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is a great show, unlike other cop shows. Love it hope it continues

Comment by Cheryl – November 1, 2011 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS THIS WEEK! Huge Rookie Blue Fan. My summer guilty pleasure :)

Comment by RowellE – July 13, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fun, I love my Toronto cops.

Comment by xav – July 13, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, I really enjoy this show.

Comment by suze – July 13, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving this season! This is a great show with alot of good talent.

Comment by Mandy – July 13, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! that made my day! Favorite summer show by far!

Comment by Megs – July 13, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%. I love Rookie Blue and I’m very glad it was renewed for another season.

Comment by Sue – July 13, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Possibly the worst written, worst acted, worst directed, worst ANYTHING YOU CAN THINK OF on the air today. The music cues on this show is slit-your-wrist bad. The lead is so pretty and so, so bad at this whole “acting” thing. Good God. ABC is officially full of crap. The only thing worth watching on this show is CASTLE.

Comment by terrible – July 13, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guess you haven’t seen SECRET LIFE on ABC Family, huh? There’s no way this is worse than that.

Comment by BRETT – July 13, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO. I like the story on Secret Life, but the acting is the worst I’ve ever seen on TV.

Comment by Rowell – July 13, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • HAHAHAH! This is so true! That is seriously THE worst acting ever. I just don’t get it at all. I will admit I didn’t like Rookis Blue right away but I was hooked after a few epdisodes. This is great news.

Comment by DUnique – September 8, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So bad that you took the time to read and comment with 6 sentences on the article. Why waste your time?

Personally I like it, guilty pleasure TV!

Comment by steph – July 13, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! It’s always fun to watch this show and see locations that I drive by every day. It’s nice to see Toronto filmed as Toronto for once.

Comment by Fox – July 13, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For once? What’s Flashpoint been doing for years? Or Being Erica?

Comment by Courtnay – July 13, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!! I love this show. Started watching cause of Reaper’s Missy Peregrym. Glad to know already that it is renewed for next summer!

Comment by Katie – July 13, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HURRAY! I was sucked into this show last summer, and am loving the 2nd season! I am so glad it got picked up again! Love the characters and the chemistry on the show!

Comment by Larissa – July 13, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Canadian, I love it when Canadian shows do well in the States. Yay!

Comment by Sivat – July 13, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should write about our fat ignorant new mayor who wants to cut back a number of Toronto police, along with closing the bike lanes, and cuts for our pride parade.

Comment by Fred – July 13, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Only we would get that though. I have a hard time believing someone in Michigan knows who Rob Ford is so the commentary wouldn’t reach.

Comment by Captain – July 13, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy about this news! I really do like this show. But… I hate what they’re doing to Andy & Luke’s relationship. The writers decided to go down the “make Luke a jerk, toss in an ex, and eventually send Andy running to Sam!” Yawn.

I like Luke. And really like Luke & Andy together. Andy & Sam are great partners but never been dying for them to get together romantically. I know it’s coming though.

Comment by Elizabeth – July 13, 2011 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not gonna lie, I’m hooked on this show… bad acting and all. And yes, there is a lot of bad acting on this show.

Missy Peregrym is adorable and I’ve been a fan of Gregory Smith since Everwood! (I really miss Everwood.)

Comment by Nicotine – July 13, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!! I love the show so much!!!

Comment by Mar* – July 13, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic. I love the chemistry between Sam and Andy, number one. And number 2 I really enjoy all of the actors. They make me care about their characters.

Comment by SusieEmm – July 13, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay for Gregory Smith, I miss Everwood too

Comment by paula – July 13, 2011 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Must have for summers. The season opener was shocking, very good. But please stop shooting cast members. :)

Comment by Ogla Sungutay – July 13, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESS!! I loove this show!!

Comment by Jenn – July 14, 2011 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just got into this show and I love it! I’m glad they’ve renewed it!! :D

Comment by V – July 29, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK GOD ! all the way from Amsterdam,Holland totally hooked on rookie blue! LOVE IT hopefully season 4 and 5 will also be possible …..

greetings

Comment by Remy – August 23, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show!! Andy and Sam should be the two who get engaged and have kids together!!! These two are made for one another.. Some serious chemistry between them two and you should KEEP that for season 3!!

Comment by sabrina – September 9, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thrilled that it has been renewed! I am 100% adicted to this show. Cannot wait for season #3. My husband makes fun of me for replaying the Sam and Andy scenes over and over! They are so hot together

Comment by Terri – September 13, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, I need to watch the first season though. I got hooked in the 2nd. I love that sam and Andy are finally together! He is to damm hot. Lol

Comment by iris – September 16, 2011 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely love Rookie Blue! So pumped it’s coming back for another season. Great chemistry between Sam and Andy! LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

Comment by jamie – September 19, 2011 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news. I really love Andy & Sam. Greetings from Germany!

Comment by Kit – October 7, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really Good Show,
    Its kinda different than the others Cop show and thats what makes it AWESOME!! ;) From Gatineau,QC Area
    Much love Xox

Comment by Izzy – December 13, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited for Rookie Blue to come back on! Still has/will not beat my love for Flashpoint but I’m sure it will get close as is goes on. Great storyline, can’t wait to see how this season pans out.

Comment by Maura Palumbo – March 22, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post