Emmys

Video: Joel McHale Preps Melissa McCarthy For Emmy Nomination Day!

Get More: Emmys, News, Video

You think hosting the Emmys is a tough gig? Well, it’s a walk in the park compared to unveiling the nominations — something Joel McHale attempts to convey to this year’s co-announcer Melissa McCarthy in the following video. (FYI: Emmy nods are out Thursday morning!)

Loading video...

Comments (25)

• lolz

Comment by Ingmar – July 12, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two of my favorite tv people – Sookie and Jeff

Comment by Sharada – July 12, 2011 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it!

Comment by Amanda – July 12, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked her in ‘The Wedding Singer’.

Comment by Cy – July 12, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhhhhhmazing!

Comment by Nick – July 12, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha that was hilarious. They have good chemistry. Kind of wish they were hosting the actual emmys.

Comment by Cat – July 12, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely!

Comment by Preston – July 12, 2011 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Now that would be fun!

Comment by djm – July 12, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had it not been for the boxing scene, I would have liked it.

Comment by MissM13 – July 12, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My feelings exactly! There is nothing funny about a man hitting a woman in the face. Sorry. Love the actors, but that scene just killed the laughter for me.

Comment by Chatty – July 12, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree, agree, agree.

Comment by Annie – July 13, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That was GREAT! Who is the emcee for the Emmy’s this year? Was hoping it was Jimmy Fallon again.

Comment by Sharon – July 12, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jane Lynch is hosting this year. That was so funny! I loved the part when he said you have to be able to pronounce Mariska Hargitay. Yep, that’s about right. Looking forward to the announcements!

Comment by Amy – July 12, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • May be learning to pronounce mariska’s name is to confuse, and instead she will have to say a very easy short name like Anna Torv?

Comment by guest – July 12, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Awww, that’s cute. You think the Emmys even know science fiction exists?

Comment by Mikos – July 13, 2011 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jane Lynch is hosting this year.

Comment by Victoria – July 12, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This was great. I love Melissa. How many takes do you think she needed to make it through the puppy shots? Looks like she was about to burst into laughter.

Comment by Volcfom – July 12, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like so much to hear that Naya Rivera, Glee’s highlight of S2, be nominated!!! :)
    She really deserves more recognition from professionnals …even if Glee’s S2 sucked!

Comment by Géraldine – July 12, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are they going to have Joel Mchale host the Emmy’s? Seriously?

Comment by ana muller – July 12, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, aside from the boxing thing (laaaaaaaame), this was hilarious. The puppy! And the chicken! And “I’ll… do stuff with my hands.”

Comment by Ace – July 12, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Joel McHale! I’ll do whatever it takes. I’ll do things with my hands. And I think you know what I really mean by that….or am I being too subtle?

Comment by Amber – July 12, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Audi A7… :-)

Comment by ESLKid75 – July 12, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Sookie can take a punch! And she was fantastic in “Brideshead Revisited”.

Comment by Mikos – July 13, 2011 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! Can we please have these two host the actual show? I’m wary of Jane Lynch, honestly.

Comment by Tiffany – July 13, 2011 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post