Comic-Con

Exclusive: Vampire Diaries Has 7th Heaven's David Gallagher Over for a Bite

Dodging the Super 8 creature — and while under the influence! — may soon seem like a walk in the park for David Gallagher, who has nabbed a Vampire Diaries role with some real… teeth… to it.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Nikita, 90210 and More!

Best known by TV fans for his run as 7th Heaven‘s Simon, Gallagher will appear on the first two episodes of the CW hit’s new season, TVLine has learned. Playing werewolf Ray Sutton, he will have a grim run-in (a howlingly bad time?) with Klaus in Tennessee.

Vampire Diaries Dish: New Season Opens with a Big Event

Though this does mark a homecoming on The CW for Gallagher, I am told that it was actually his scene-stealing work in the summer crowd-pleaser Super 8 that caught the eye of the Vampire bosses.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Vampire Diaries‘ Bad, Bad Stefan

The Vampire Diaries stakes out its new season starting Thursday, Sept. 15, at 8/7c.

1. Nicotine says:

Oh my god! I didn’t even realize that was Simon Camden in Super 8. But now that you mention it…

I’m not really a fan of Vampire Diaries, given that I’m a male and I’m not the demographic they try to appeal to, but I’m glad he’s still working.

Now, where’s Ruthie at???

• Laura says:

Last I saw of her she was guest starring on the secret life of the American teenager and Lucy has most recently guested on the show

• Brittany_n_b says:

Ruthie frequently quest roled on Secret Life of the American Teenager. Same As Lucy.

• lorna says:

i like him. 7h should have ended after s7 or 8. everwood was sposed to come to the cw but stupid dawn brought 7h over instead after the finale ratings. she never has made a good choice. so glad she is gone.

• Michael says:

I’m a male, and there are tons of other males in my family and circle of friends, and we’re all in the demographic. Jump on the Vampire Diaries bandwagon. It’s not some chick show.

• Lucifer says:

I’m a guy in my early 20’s. I have been a fan of Vampire Diaries since the beginning and trust me, it is not a chick show!
      Almost all of my friends are fans of Supernatural and Vampire Diaries!

• rehabber says:

My son is 50, drives a big rig and I have to put Vampire Diaries on DVDs for him to take on the road with him. My Daughter in Law is also a fan. Not just a teen or chick show. In fact they pack more into one ep, than most shows do all season and the writers never fail to surprise me. Never before have I screamed at the TV, TVD changed all that. lol I’m 73 BTW and this show is what keeps my heart beating.

• scorpo says:

I think you are doing yourself a disservice by dismissing this show. I am a male and it is the best show on tv. There is something here for everyone. There are some great plot twist that you don’t see coming, so the writing is solid. Also, it has the best pacing of any show out there, so you never get bored. At the very least you should check it out and you don’t have to tell anyone. It could be your guilty pleasure ;)

2. Ryan says:

Since David left 7th before it moved to the CW for that final season that should’ve never been, technically, it’s not a homecoming! On another note, he was very funny in Super 8, and I hope for his sake it was the start of bigger things for him. He’s very talented!

3. Daniel says:

Cool! I used to like him, as a role model to say. Give him a show CW!

4. cheese says:

hmm…I wonder if he knows anything about getting a new game in the Kingdom Hearts franchise in which he voices Riku…

• P says:

I was wondering if anyone was going to bring that up. I doubt he knows to much since it’s still in it’s early phase of production over in Japan.

He does a amazing job at voicing Riku in my opinion.

Anyway back on topic, I hope to see him on tv abit more, he’s a good actor.

5. Romain says:

Seriously? Are we going to have to see a comeback from every single child star from yesteryear on this show now? As if Richie from Family Matters wasn’t painful enough last season, now we have to sit through Simon from 7th Heaven? Who’s next? Hilary Duff? Please don’t let that happen.

6. Aria says:

Uhm what’s up with the actos from 7th Heaven palying werewolves?First Tyler Hoechlin now David

7. april-ann says:

He’s so cute and talented. I still can’t look at him without remembering tuning in every week during what should have been 7th Heaven’s final season wondering if Simon was going to marry Rose!

8. frosty says:

”the vampire bosses” i love it.

vampire mafia! new show idea? don’t steal..

9. Allie says:

Nice! :D If he’s only signed on for two episodes, though, /and/ he has a run-in with Klaus… :/ He’s prolly going to be one of those characters they kill off really quickly.

10. Isabelle says:

Yes another werewolf coming to VD, I am a huge wolf fan and I loved DG on 7the Heaven as Simon, can’t wait for this. I hope Klaus doesnt kill him, Klaus is always killing my favorites.

11. Phyllis says:

David has been working , he has been in CSI, Bones, any a couple of others he also made a couple of movies, Dorian Grey and Trophy kids, keep watching for him. He is soooo cute and talented!!!!!!!

12. 3Breast says:

My god I want David to rape me up the ass. I’m serious…..