Ratings: Curb Your Enthusiasm Premiere Draws Biggest Audience in Seven Years

Get More: News, Ratings

I dare say this might even put a smile on Larry’s face: Curb Your Enthusiasm‘s eighth season premiere on Sunday marked the show’s most-watched episode in seven years.

According to HBO, the 10 pm airing attracted 1.7 million viewers, outperforming last season’s debut by 53 percent.

True Blood, meanwhile, bounced back from the previous week’s July 4th holiday-impacted lows with 5 million viewers.

Comments (6)

• I think syndication helped spread the word. But honestly, Curb deserves more viewers than that. It’s fantastic.

Comment by Michael – July 12, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well deserved, the episode was classic Curb.

Comment by Abe Froman – July 12, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with the Sausage King of Chicago – it was an excellent episode.

‘Do you like Girl Scout cookies?’
      ‘I find them abhorrent, but come on in!’

Comment by Nicole – July 12, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pret-ty, pret-ty, pret-ty sweet numbers. YAY. I love this show and thought this episode was hilarious…nothing says funny like Larry David instructing a pre-teen girl on how to use a tampon. Plus, Susie’s divorce speech. Classic Curb!!!

Comment by jrs – July 12, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agreed! Curb seems to just get better with age. I liked last season a lot too. The season before was kinda meh. But the premiere was awesome.

Comment by Brian – July 12, 2011 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post