Exclusive

Exclusive: Hawaii Five-0 Team Adds a New Member... and Love Interest?

The Hawaii Five-0 team will be saying “Aloha” to a new member — and McGarrett a possible new love interest — with the addition of Happy Town alumna Lauren German to the CBS drama’s cast.

German, TVLine has learned exclusively, is boarding the sophomore thrill ride in the series regular role of a smart and beautiful former Homeland Security officer who has been hand-picked by the new Governor (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles‘ Richard T. Jones) to join the Five-0 task force.

Forced into McGarrett’s elite ensemble, German’s character will not just help them fight crime, but also keep them in check on behalf of the Gov. And, as hinted above, she is poised to also serve as a potential love interest for Alex O’Loughlin’s McGarrett.

German is the latest add-on for Five-0‘s sophomore run (premiering Sept. 19), joining Jones, Heroes‘ Masi Oka (now a series regular as coroner Max), Lost‘s Terry O’Quinn (as McGarrett’s Navy SEAL trainer), and film vet Tom Sizemore (playing a pesky Internal Affairs agent).

1. Erin Paice says:

I think they should have kept the team as danny, steve, kono, and chin. And that army girl, was an exsiting element, that kept danny thinking.
    i don’t think they should have a new member to the team, as it will soon be to crouded. unless they plan to kill her off :)

2. Jill says:

Just realized Lauren German (the new girl in H5.0) is in the movie Hostel 2 (she has black hair in this film) which im watching right now. I would say she’s prettier in this recent photo, still i would wish Claire van der Boom aka Rachel Williams is McGarrett’s love interest – of course it would be possible if only Claire has not been casted earlier as Danno’s wife..just sayin’..:)

3. Julie says:

I am in agreement with a lot of other posts on here. Please Hawaii 5-0 writers, do not add any more love interests just because we “need to appeal to the viewers”. I would love to see more of the fab four fighting crime and more storylines about their lives, etc..Also, Grace Park and Daniel Dae Kim are great actors – please give them more air time.

4. Baysres says:

Can’t stand the guy that plays McGarrett. Replace him and the show will soar!

5. j says:

Y would u want to keep larissa as she was back stabbing the team as she was working with wo fat???

6. j says:

And grace park not being on the show anymore?WTF???y would u break up the team(she was awesome in the cleaner and rocked in five 0.I hope its just a trick and they r actually keeping her!!!

• jen says:

Agree with J – keep Grace Park, she’s great. The new lady..have to say although her character is ok so far..but i think she should just be a recurring role (and maybe get killed off or transfer back to wherever she’s from originally). If it aint’ broke, don’t fix it producers!! The Awesome foursome forever!

7. Pamela B says:

I have to say I agree with Jen- I understand the writers and producers are not trying to follow the old Hawaii Five O exact, but yet somewhat they are. You never saw Jack Lord with a long time love interest. If he had a love interest, it only for the one hour show that was on that evening, thenshe either turned out to be a criminal or she left town or what have you. The show is supposed to be about the main four of them fighting crime. If they want Steve to have a love interest, why not just once in awhile? Hopefully she’ll just be on for this one season, like the governor(Jean Smart)and then be gone!

8. Jaxx says:

You said it Pamela B and Jen. S2 is underway – great stuff! While I am not really liking how they’ve sidelined Kono (and what’s with the lack of “ohana” when she’s told she’s out?!),I do realise its early days with the new girl but so far she is kinda ok..as a one season type of thing.

9. Arianna says:

I REALLY dislike Lauren German’s character on the show and just find her unnecessary. While, I understand the focus being on Alex and Scott more than anybody else, we need more Grace, Daniel, and Masi. I really hope Lauren’s character is gone by the end of the season, she’s just an annoying addition.

10. sheila gilpin says:

New blonde Lauren German adds nothing to show or team. Please bring Catherine back. She and Steve are awesome together. New team member actually takes away from show.

11. Natalie says:

I really like Lauren.. I think she fitted in perfectly… Larissa is going to be back in episode 10 I think..

12. andy says:

I really don’t like Lauren,she looks like a bug,She’s ugly. I’ll miss Cath Rollins.She’s nice.I’ll hope that Lauren desapears soon.

13. rain says:

i love michelle borth as alex o’loughlin’s love interest.. they are really cute. catherine and steve are better… i like the new girl to just a co-worker… but i much prefer the original 4…

14. yen says:

i really like catherine rollins and i thought in the original hawaii five-o, catherine is really steve mcgarett’s love interest. I still hope they will bring her back in other episodes…i hope they make her a regular in H5O… they look good together.. i dont like lauren.. i hope she’ll be removed from H5O…

15. Julie says:

Noo!!! I don’t really like Lauren in five 0 very much. I love the original 4 and kono needs more screen time!!

16. Debbie says:

I am so diappointed that this Lauren German is a new cast member. I dislike her character and she ruins the original team of 4. What’s worse is that she’s always with McGarrett and splitting up the team of Danno and McGarrett. She’s also taking away air time from Danny, Steve, Kono, and Chin. There is no chemistry between her and McGarrett at all!!! The girl from the navy who often helped McGarrett shared great chemistry with McGarrett so let’s hope the show brings her back. She’s perfect for him, and has a storyline that doesn’t interfere with the team of 4!!!

17. Ed says:

Anything that will take away from the INCESSANT DANNO/DAUGHTER…victim/OMG my …the Stevie FAMILY…oh, and can I mention more FAMILY-oriented relationships…take away from all of the above is a good thing…but I was wrong. Just watched the Halloween episode…five minutes of Scott Caan and that little girl was about it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the humanizing elements of this show, but for crying out loud, could we have ONE episode where the metaphor of FAMILY EVEN if it includes Chin and Kono NOT mentioning the fact that they are cousins is not put in our collective faces? Jeeze. Save it for the next remake of the Brady Bunch Cop Movie….

18. kent says:

Lauren German is another in the class of Boring actresses. If you listen you will hear that her vocal tone never shifts. EVer. Steady, boring, no inflection. She is uninteresting. Just like the lead from Fringe. Abysmally boring. Add the guy from Heroes who is playing some alien character in H50 the show dips deeply into my ability to willfully disbelieve while watching. Ugh is he bad. And I loved him on Heroes (until that show turned to puke season 3).
    Boring actresses who are pretty get cast WAY too often. Frankly I am tired of good looking actresses or actors for that matter. GIVE ME INTERESTING EVERY DAY!

19. Rainman says:

Lauren German looks so much like Milla Jovovic it’s scary. She’s doing a great job with the role too!

20. Hallie says:

Well, I am all for adding new characters if it doesn’t take away from the regual cast or adds something to the show but i have to say she doesn’t do that i find lauren german boring and adds nothing to the show except making me want to ff or stop watching. I just don’t get why they needed to add another character

21. murphi says:

stop being mean
    lauren is pretty and smart and is a great cop
    give her a chance will ya
    her and steve DO go together

22. murphi says:

lauren is sooo nice

23. Malika says:

unfortunately that’s exactly how it works in tv land. CBS is trying though–new Black governor, guest stars are mostly native…I appreciate the effort

24. It’s going to be end of mine day, but before end I am reading this enormous post to improve my knowledge.

25. Xiomara says:

After looking into a number of the articles on your web site, I really like your technique of writing a blog. I bookmarked it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking back soon. Please visit my website too and let me know how you feel.

26. Jacquelyn says:

Hey there! I’ve been reading your website for a while now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Atascocita Tx! Just wanted to say keep up the good job!

27. Maggie says:

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet smart so I’m not 100% certain. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Kudos

28. chi energy says:

Exceptionally user friendly site. Great info available on few clicks.

29. say thanks to so considerably for your internet site it helps a great deal.

30. Going Here says:

Thanks regarding furnishing like amazing articles.

31. Arjun Kanuri says:

You’ve one of the best online websites.

32. Gloria k says:

I love Lauren German wish she stayed on Chicago fire she is missed but glad she will be on Hawaii five o love this show to good luck Lauren love u