Glee's Best Number Tournament: Round 2 Ends With 'Born This Way' Vs. 'Somebody to Love'

We’ve reached the final set of Round 2 brackets in’s Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament — and that means you’ve got more painful choices ahead of you.

Exclusive: Glee Wants Chord Overstreet Back: ‘The Choice Is His’

We’ve got what’s quite possibly Kurt Hummel’s most moving musical moment going head-to-head with Santana Lopez’s finest solo. And we’ve got two super-popular New Directions performances — “Born This Way” and “Somebody to Love” — battling for supremacy. And that’s just for starters!

By the time today’s four polls close, we’ll have whittled down our field from 32 classic Glee moments down to just 16. That won’t be easy, but alas, it’s the only way to determine which song-and-dance interlude ranks at No. 1 in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy.

Every day around 4:00 p.m. ET over the next few weeks, we’ll launch a new set of bouts that will have you mentally humming your favorite Glee moments and anxiously wondering how in the heck you’re gonna decide between ’em. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 2 voting will be open for 48 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Darsy says:

I have to say, as nice a moment that Songbird was, ‘As If We Never Said Goodbye’ was a better moment for Kurt. His voice sounds like it was MADE for that song.

• Ali says:

Santana is actually the one that sang “Songbird” and Kurt sings, “I want to hold your Hand.” ^_^

• Darsy says:

I always get the Beatles bird song mixed up with that one, heh. In which case, MY GOODNESS, ‘As If’ was much better than the Kurt song on offer!

2. TheReasonsY says:

Well, this was an easy round.

3. Glee kid says:

A very easy round so far. I am def voting for Somebody to love. Not for nothing but since Mike Chang is pictured in the screenshot. I am voting.

4. Samantha says:

I don’t understand how I Dreamed a Dream is down right now. The amazing pairing of Idina and Lea gave me goosebumps.

• JayMarac says:

I KNOW. I guess not everyone is a fan of Les Miz and judging from some of the comments broadway fans might be in the minority here.

• Kevin says:

I am not a Les Miz fan but I can appreciate the skill and the wonderful job
        Lea and Idina did.

Faithfully was sung great by Lea and then there was Cory.

• Maria says:

I know!! finchel fans but for finchel even though I dreamed a dream deserves to win

• Corey says:

Faithfully forever. I love Cory’s voice and so do most people. Cory makes the show for me!

• Evan says:

Same- I HATE the Les Miz music and still think that “I Dreamed a Dream” is one of the top 2 or 3 performances of Season 1. It was excellent vocally, served a legitimate purpose for the show, and helped to introduce Idina Menzel. Seriously- what is wrong with people?

• kathy says:

I LOVE Les Miz.. don’t live in NY, but saw in SF. And those two and that song were fantastic.

• Liz says:

No I don’t think its because of Idina and Le Miz but because I think Faithfully is the most emotionally (happy) duet of Finchel

5. Daniel says:

I already know why’s Glee so boring nowadays… It’s always boring ballads and booooring Broadway’s songs. Isn’t this show aimed for young people?

• Lou D says:

Well, I adore Glee and I love “Somebody To Love” and “Faithfully” Wasn’t that fussed on “I Dreamed A Dream” but I think that whole Rachel\Shelby storyline really annoyed me! Be good if they done a “mash-up” only song round, my favourite’s being “I Feel Pretty/Unpretty” and “Stop In The Name Of Love/Free Your Mind” Can’t wait for Season 3 :) UK Gleek and proud haha

• keith says:

So young people can enjoy song that are actually vocal superior to top 40 crap?

Open you mind to something else.

• Kyle says:

Well, as a straight dude, I’d prefer a song which I actually can sing performed by Puck or Brittany, than listening a “Broadway” song sung by Lea or Chris. It’s so annoying. Plus, I only watch Glee because of Quinn and Santana.

• please says:

So you don’t care about quality becasue you are a straight dude?

Plus Lea sings more that B-way tunes so I have no idea what you are watching.

I dreamed a dream is Lea and so is Faithfully one is B-way one is classic rock.

And Dianna is bland in acting and singing, Lea has more going on then her evne in her Rachel outfits.

• danny says:

I can’t understand how people see Dianna as anything besides a pretty girl
            (not even sexy like Naya or Lea). She is a mediocre actress with not comedy chomps and can’t sing.

Anyway songs, a like variety and since it is glee club musical theater is a must and the the technical expertise needed to the sing them ups the production of this show by miles.

It give it some legitimacy.

• sophie says:

excuse me, but as a lea/dianna/naya/heather fan all-around, i have to question your intelligence on that matter.

i am not sure what show you have been watching for the past two years, but if you’ve been watching the glee that i do, you know that dianna is neither bland nor, to reply to the poster below me, “sexless.” she – in my opinion – is incredibly attractive and talented, and i believe she shows that in every scene she is in.

take all of her scenes with lea for example. they play off each other better than any duo i have ever seen (save naya and heather, who are very much in the same league). dianna has raw emotion and expression that so many of their male co-stars lack, and her and lea’s duet of i feel pretty/unpretty is unsurpassed in terms of vocal prowess and beauty.

again, i am not sure where you are getting your information, but i think it’s incredibly unfair and untrue to call dianna “bland,” of all things.

• Patty says:

You see Dianna as bland in acting? Are we watching the same show? She may be understated, but she’s one of the best actresses in glee. Just look at the scenes with Quinn/Rachel and Quinn/Finn and the finale with Quinn/Brittany/Santana.

• Liz says:

Come out of the closet Kyle…because your excuse might be because of Brittney and Santana but their relationship only came to light this season. So since your hear voting and know they do Broadway I’m pretty sure you watch more than just these two. Plus it is show choir where Broadway is mostly done.

• get a clue says:

What are you talking about they did so much top 40 junk this year it brought down the music a lot.

As I younger person I appreciate a lot of different music. I am not brain dead and I have an attention span of more than 30 seconds. So I can enjoy ballads and songs that actually tell a story.

I totally appreciate that it takes some skill to sing a Broadway ballad unlike
      a lot of what is produced these days…. Key $ ha, for example.

• mariah's here says:

What’s your problem with Ke$ha? Her songs are better than Glee’s original songs.

• you're kidding right? says:

The problem with Ke$ha is that she can’t sing AND her music is crap, but YMMV.

Glee does best when it tells the story through the music and when it balances all types of music including classic rock which IMO was noticeably absent this year.

I am surprised by comments that Glee should be targeting music to young people, because if you ask me they got plenty of current songs this year, in fact too current hits.

• Lure says:

Well for one she has a $ sign in her name. She is a manufactured pop star with little skill. It is all fine and good for some songs but why not broaden your horizons and seek out true talent like you will find on B-Way. People who can sing live and emote.

I don’t want just B-way tunes, but I certainly don’t just want top 40 .

• Rico says:

Ke$sha is awful. Pure awfulness.

• kc says:

My 15 yr old daughter loves Glee, owns all of the discs. Her and my favorite is Teenage Dream, followed quite closely by, Defying Gravity (broadway) and For Good (also broadway) and Raise Your Glass. She likes Ke$ha, I don’t.
        They have music from every decade. People need to relax and just enjoy.. it’s a TV show.

• S-tm says:

Thank you for being the first one to be sensible in this argument/debate. Glee covers songs from almost every genre and category, which I think is great.
          If you don’t like the way it’s done on the show, just don’t watch it.

• Rachel says:

Broadway songs are not boring…

I suppose it’s preferences, but still.. what show are you watching?

6. othfan says:

I love new york and somebody to love better win this round!! It’s gonna get complicated if somebody to love has to face I feel pretty/unpretty though…

7. Jack S says:

I Love New York/New York, New York easily – the thing with the matresses was awful.
    Born This Way easily – I seriously don’t get the love for STL. BTW is easily my favourite Glee episode, and I love the performance so much (apart from cutting out a certain line….)
    Other two were harder. ‘Faithfully’ gets my vote, along with ‘Songbird’ [emotional Santana >>> emotional Kurt]

8. mystica says:

how is iwthyh higher than songbird??

9. chellarmed says:

umm why is everybody voting for “i want to hold your hand” rather than “songbird”? i’m sorry,but “songbird” was much more amazing!

• lacey says:

I voted for “I want to hold your hand” because for me it’s a better song than “Songbird”. I didn’t think Songbird was amazing, just like some of the songs on the bracket I think could have been replaced.

• Joann says:

Umm, because this is opinion based. I think Songbird was boring and I also think I Want To Hold Your Hand was one of the best songs Glee has ever done.

10. allison says:

GAH! why do people love journey SOO much!?

11. William says:

I’ll be sad if I Dreamed A Dream doesn’t win, even though I suspect it won’t. It was such an amazing moment on the show, and it was a dream come true to hear such a great song done by Lea and Idina together. It was magical. It also has the advantage over Faithfully in not forcing me to listen to Cory Monteith try to sing.

12. Paris says:

IMO Jump should beat I love New York Mash-up. That mash up was absolutely horrible and I was cringing my way through that scene. While Jump was so joyful with the mattresses in the first part of season 1 (superior glee days). Somebody to love should kill Born this Way. Born this way was an ok cover while somebody to love was powerful especially with Mercedes. I also want Faithfully only because of Rachel’s powerful note. If you haven’t heard it, listen to it again. Dreamed a dream bored me.

• Captain says:

I loved it. It was cheesy but it was so much fun and their version of the song is infinitely better than Madonna’s drab disco one. It’s one of the most overplayed songs on my iPod. The performance of Jump itself was great but their version of the song was just so-so to me.

13. Angelstorm says:

Awww – I LOVED “I dreamed a dream” – I’m bummed that it’s losing . . . although to be fair I also really liked Faithfully !

14. Nicole Allan says:

People actually liked the Jump number better than the New York mashup? Jump is such a horrible song, the Glee kids can’t even make it good.

• Greg says:

Oh, please. Van Halen is one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Eddie Van Halen is probably in the top 5 guitarists of all time. They are way more accomplished than the cast of Glee.

15. megan says:

Songbird totally got my vote. Emotional Santana > emotional Kurt. That song was perfect for Naya’s voice.

16. Christina says:

I want to hold your hand OVER SONGBIRD??? Are you kidding me. Santanas voice is AMAZING. I swear yall vote just on who sings the song. Crazy. =/

• Alondono123 says:

Or there is people who prefer I want to hold you hand because they like it more that songbird

• Daisy says:

Or theyre voting for Chris Colfer.

• Jason McD says:

No, I voted for the song. I grew up listening to both The Beatles and Fleetwood Mac (Love both bands so much), but Kurt’s performance made me cry. It probably has to do with me relating to Kurt (yes Kurt, not Chris) in that scene. I felt the same way he did as my dad lay in a hospital bed not knowing what would happen and just wanting to hold his hand, maybe for the last time. Unlike Kurt, my dad did not make it.

So Please do not try to assume why some people (looks like right now, the majority of people) are going with a song that wasn’t their choice.

We all have reasons for the songs we voted for, some connection to it…Please do not be petty about it, it makes you look silly.

• Whatever says:

Please…and people aren’t voting for Songbird solely because it’s sung by Santana/Naya?

• S says:

Exactly. I’m sick of all this. I like IWHYH and I voted for it. Period. And lets be honest here. If it was another Finchel song and not Brittana song, it would never have become so popular.

• Nine says:

lol, in the words of one of my faves: “beyotch you know that a lie.” Finchel songs consistently outperform the rest for a reason. If Lea had sung it, it would have been just as popular if not more. I like Chris a lot, but be realistic, Chris was benefited not just by his great voice, but by the beautiful context it was used in. Don’t get it twisted.

• S says:

I’m sorry, I still think the only reason that Songbird is so popular, is because it’s the Brittana song (just look at the next comment, if I may quote: “Why is ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’ winning over ‘Songbird’ ? I’m shocked… ‘Songbird’ was the song that make Brittana so special …”. But I get your point, I made a bad comparison. I don’t mean vocally. (Than again some people are saying that Valerie is better than DROMP) What I meant was that the contextual meaning of another Finchel Song would have never been so strong like the Songbird one. Do you think Jar of Hearts would win over Songbird? I’m not so sure. Well, I may be mistaken, but that’s just my opinion.

• m says:

I agree that the context makes it more powerful, but isn’t that the point? We’re voting on the musical performance, not just the vocals. “I Want to Hold Your Hand” wouldn’t be powerful at all without the context of Burt being in the hospital, but with it, it was a very moving performance. Similarly, the fact that Santana was opening up to Brittany in a way she never had before with “Songbird” gives it emotional weight that Naya Rivera used to her fullest advantage and gave us a performance that was truly heartbreaking. You’re right that Finchel couldn’t have this song and that the fact that it is a Brittana song makes it what it is– but that doesn’t make it any less worthy of winning.

• S says:

Yeah, I see your point. And you have a good point. But it’s not always the case and I have to disagree – people are not always voting for the most touching or meaningful or powerful song. How is Billionaire more meaningful or touching than Dancing With Myself? Or To Sir With Love and Born This Way? Pure Imagination was beautiful and heartbreaking and yet it lost. How is Defying Gravity less touching and less powerful than I Feel Pretty/Unpretty? And don’t get me started on Rose’s Turn vs. DROMP. Rose’s Turn was perfect fit in the context of the show, in expressing Kurt’s emotions and vocally was also perfect and powerful and it still gives me chills. And it lost. But then again, if we are going to choose the more touching performance, for me personally, the emotions of Kurt’s performance, his pain and the fear of losing his only parent are much deeper and intense than Santana’s love song.

• F says:

The context of Defying Gravity is much less emotional than the context of I Feel Pretty/Unpretty on the show. Maybe the song itself is more powerful, but it was just Kurt and Rachel competing for the right to a solo, whereas I Feel Pretty/Unpretty is Rachel and Quinn opening up about their deepest insecurities. The same is kind of true for your point about Rose’s Turn – Kurt was just singing it to try to win a solo. Rachel was singing Don’t Rain on My Parade, saving the Glee Club’s butt when their setlist got stolen. It is clearly more powerful in the scheme of the show than Kurt wanting a solo after he spent all season away from McKinley.

• S says:

It all depends on the point of view, I suppose. I saw a boy throwing away his dream for the sake of his father (God bless the expressive face of Chris Colfer) vs. two girls whining about their appearance (I really don’t think that Rachel’s nose is her biggest insecurity). And I don’t know what you mean about Rose’s turn – it was not about a solo at all! Oh, you mean Some People? For the NY-solo? No, I’m not talking about that.

• F says:

Oh, well then I don’t even remember when Kurt sang Rose’s Turn. Shows how memorable it must have been…

And I think I Feel Pretty/Unpretty appeals to a wider audience. Everyone has their insecurities. Not everyone throws away their dreams.

• S says:

Yes, basically every girl I knew in high school was whining about their appearance – mostly without any reason of course. I have a friend who changed all of his college plans to stay close to his mother after the death of his father; I have a friend who has real weigh issues, because of health problems. I may not be able to relate directly, but those are things that are a lot more touching. Rachel whining about her nose has nothing to do with some deep insecurity, which we have never seen before and we’ll never see again – it was pure vanity and there’s nothing touching or heartbreaking about that. One doesn’t have to be in the same situation to feel for other people. I Feel Pretty/Unpretty is very good song and I like it a lot, but that doesn’t mean that my heart aches for Rachel.
            About Rose’s Turn…hmm… well… It was in Laryngitis.

• Vetle says:

I don’t vote for a song because of the character. I love Santana, and I love Songbird, but I Want To Hold You Hand was such a fine moment for Kurt. It’s a beautiful song too, especially his version. It was a hard matchup.

• Oh Sweet Cheesus says:

Actually, I think you’re very wrong there. Whilst that may be true in some cases (some; not a majority), I voted IWHYH because, even though Songbird was very emotionally powerful, we’d already had the big love confession from Santana, so I felt that the song lacked impact for me. Also, I don’t think that the song was best suited to Naya’s voice; I definitely preferred Valerie, and I think even her vocals for Trouty Mouth were superior – or maybe I just enjoyed hearing her sing swing. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Naya’s voice and acting talent. But this did not, by any stretch of the imagination, depict her at her best.
      On the other hand, I voted IWHYH, not because I’m a Chris ‘fangirl’, but because of the sheer emotional depth that he portrayed, not only through the way he acted, but also the raw, pained tone in his voice. This was a huge, scary moment for Kurt, and it was handled very well. I don’t cry very easily, but I’m not ashamed to say that I shed a tear every time I watch that performance. It’s so relatable to everyone who has experienced a particularly hard time in their life, and I’m saddened to see it losing out to a slightly below-par rendition of a beautiful love song.
      Rant over. Apologies.

17. Diogo says:

Why is ‘I Want to Hold Your Hand’ winning over ‘Songbird’ ? :| I’m shocked… ‘Songbird’ was the song that make Brittana so special …

18. Laurie says:

IWTHYH is winning over Songbird because it was a better performance. Songbird was good, but people voting for that are voting because they ship Brittana. I like Brittana, but since I also love that song I can see that Santana’s performance was good, but not great.

• Joann says:

This exactly. This is about Santana singing a song to Brittany, not about it being a better song. Songbird was good, but not as good as I Want To Hold Your Hand.

19. Andi says:

I think this is the first time in a while that most of my choices are currently on top. I love Jump, I don’t care that it added very little plotwise, it was just a feel good number which is pretty much what the original version did. The New York mash-up was pretty bad IMO. I would have rather them held off on using Empire State of Mind and found a way to use that in the mash-up instead. I Wanna Hold Your Hand still gives me chills and I never got to hear Songbird. Somebody to Love is one of the most overrated New Direction numbers for me so I voted for Born This Way just because I liked reading the T-shirts. If I Dreamed a Dream was just Idina, I would have voted for it but for some reason Lea doesn’t work in that song well for me. Faithfully is pretty much my favorite Journey song ever and turning it into a duet made me happy…even if Cory was involved.

20. Carrie says:

IWTHYH is one of my favourite performances of the whole season. There is just so much emotion in it, and no matter how many times I watch that episode – and I think it’s one of the best of the season – I end up a big, sobbing mess.

Songbird was good, but IWTHYH is just better.

21. Rocky says:

Oh, please give ‘Songbird’ a rest. Santana’s performance was not that great, it was decent and yes it was sugar coated for Britanna shippers.Santana has yet to wow me after a performance— (Valerie was okay thanks to the dancing, Back to Black was so dull, or she’s paired up with someone)— like Rachel or Mercedes, but she doesn’t put me to sleep like Kurt. She’s in the middle, and IWTHYH was so much better performance AND song. Somebody to Love was great (I’m kinda surprised its so close, Born this Way was horrible). I wasn’t a Finchel shipper till Faithfully, and since I forgot ‘I Dreamed A Dream’. . enough said.

22. Painted Shadow says:

Faithfully has got to be one of the most boring songs ever performed on the show. I do like some Finn/Rachel duets, but this put me to sleep. It doesn’t help that I Dreamed a Dream is the only song I really love in this round.

23. Taylor says:

Pretty easy round. Somebody to Love & Jump easily won my votes. I still get chills watching that performance. Jump was an all around fun routine. I voted for I Dreamed a Dream because it had two amazing powerhouse vocalists singing a beautiful song.
    Songbird vs. I Want to Hold Your Hand is insanely hard. Both songs suited their voices perfectly. While I prefer Songbird musically and Naya’s voice as well, I had to go with I Want to Hold Your Hand because it honestly made me cry.

24. jai lewis says:

I’m so disappointed in this round with who’s winnning

25. BarbaraGleek says:

Oh my god! It’s so hard to choose between Songbird and I Want To Hold Your Hand!

26. Alexis Brogden says:

I hope “I wanna hold your hand” wins it all. Even though it was the most memorable performance it evokes so much emotion and made me cry. So beautiful

27. Amy says:

Somebody to Love better win this round! One of my very favorites.

28. Jean says:

Hi, I’m a sixteen year old Musical Theatre actress and my idol is Barbra Streisand. You’re point?

• F says:

Maybe her point was to prove that you don’t know the difference between ‘your’ and ‘you’re’. I think this little grammar gem is fed to most of us in elementary school…

29. rosemarycaper says:

Songbird v. IWTHYH? Yet another bracket where Kurt will win regardless of whether he deserves it or not. I’m so tired of Chris Colfer butchering these songs. He’s the only original cast member I will be happy to usher off of my television.

• hmm says:

Coming from someone who loathes Kurt and Santana equally, I have to say, stop being stupid. Chris is far vocally superior to Naya who, like Dianna, is saved by her face and commercially appealing voice/tone. The only reason ANY of her songs are making it true is because of her insane fan girls who don’t understand she’s never going to sleep with them no matter how many meaningless polls they vote her into (undeserving) wins.

• m says:

“She’s never going to sleep with them no matter how many meaningless polls they vote her into (undeserving) wins.”

But wouldn’t it be great if she did?

Just kidding, but in all seriousness, I think you’re totally off-base. There’s no accounting for taste, but the critical response to Naya’s work in the second half of season 2 has been overwhelming. She has killed every episode and song in which she was featured . And yes there are a lot of girls/women who feel very loyal to her because of how hard she has worked at portraying a young LGBT character, and how beautifully she has done it, without losing any of who Santana is. You have the right to your opinion but in general the critics disagree with you that she’s just a pretty face– just read any of the reviews from major sources towards the end of the season.

• S-tm says:

I think I Wanna Hold Your Hand should win too because it is far superior that Songbird. More emotional and touching than the Songbird scene.

But I disagree with your statement about Naya being just a pretty face. Sure, she got many fans because of the lesbian storyline but it is well-deserved. She has a real talent in acting (the locker scene was one of the best in glee), maybe less talented in singing. But she has a unique voice that perfectly suits certain types of songs that Ryan Murphy and team are correct in giving her.

Valerie was awesome. Songbird– not as much, which is why I voted for I Wanna Hold Your Hand although I like Santana a lot more than Kurt.

• F says:

I think Naya’s voice is amazing! I only like Kurt’s when he’s singing Lady Gaga…

30. Kinga says:

I don’t understand. “Songbird” and “I dreamed a dream” are losing? Both songs are A.MA.ZING.

31. taylor says:

BECAUSE ITS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32. Anyaaaa says:

Honestly IWHYH wouldn’t be winning if it weren’t for the sad/touching scenario it was used for. If it was just randomly placed in an episode it wouldn’t have got half of the attention it has. Songbird is a better song, with better vocals.

• Sharon says:

Well I’m pretty sure Songbird wouldn’be so high if it were randomly placed in an episode, either. Songbird was successful because Santana specifically sung it to Brittany.

• beexa says:

Actually, I listened to IWHYH before I knew the context and I thought it was amazing. I lost count of how many times I listened to it. Songbird was boring, and I haven’t listened to it since it was on the show.

33. Dan says:

Songbird is still better (IMO) than IWTHYH, regardless of when/why they were both used in their episodes.

34. taylor says:

its on!

35. erica says:

Have you listened to ke$ha’s song goodbye? It is without autotune and she sounds amazing!

36. Mandy says:

Songbird vs. I want to hold your hand?!?! Cruel.

37. Louie says:

I will say this…
    If a Kurt or Blaine song wins the whole thing, I will lose faith in this whole process. It’ll be just like Idol all over again

• Niloofar says:

Teenage Dream was one of the most Epic scenes in TV this year, I don’t care if you don’t like Klaine, but the song and the scene were epic.

• F says:

Teenage Dream is fine but I would hardly consider it one of the most epic scenes of TV this year. And I actually prefer the original… I do like it better than most of the Warblers songs and think it was probably their strongest showing of the season, but I think Blaine and the Warblers as a whole are the most overrated thing on television.

38. Laurie says:

It’s a crime that Songbird is beating the much superior I Want To Hold Your Hand. That’s the problem with Glee it’s become all about the rabid shippers and that’s led to a major decline in the quality of the show.

• Niloofar says:

exactly! Especially Brittana shippers, I’m a Klaine shipper myself but I wouldn’t choose a Klaine song over DSB for example, because I love the song for itself. Chris was amazing on IWHYH, His voice, his acting, the whole scene and the song were very beautiful and touching.
      Songbird was not really sung that well in my opinion, and the scene definitely wasn’t as emotional as it should be.

• dan says:

Well, people think differently when choosing which song is the best. Some think about the quality and others about the character/ship.

River Deep Mountain High was considered one of the best duets in the season by a lot of people, but it lost to Baby It’s Cold Outside mainly because it was a Klaine duet (I know some people really preferred that song, but a lot of people voted because of the ship).

• F says:

I like River Deep Mountain High, but I was actually disappointed/confused as to how it lost to Take Me or Leave Me. I do think both those songs are stronger than the breathy, weak Baby It’s Cold Outside.

39. Susan says:

Some of these choices for me were quite easy. I wish “I Dreamed A Dream” would win over “Faithfully”, but I know it won’t because some people will be voting for finchel. I got chills listening to Idina and Lea sing this. It is still one of my favourite songs Glee has done, and it’s upsetting that it’s losing. Honestly, I’ve stopped liking Cory’s voice. I even skip his songs when they come up on my iPod. It seems (to me) like he can only sing a certain way, and when he sings, he looks like he’s in pain. Sorry to everyone out there who loves his voice, but I prefer listening to Mark Salling or Kevin McHale much more. I found it hard to choose between “Songbird” and “I Want to Hold Your Hand”. Both songs were done beautifully in my opinion, but I did go with “Songbird”. It had nothing to do with the storyline behind it; I just really enjoy listening to Naya sing.

40. Steve T says:

I love to hear Santana sing but Songbird is a terrible song. One of the worst songs ever done by Fleetwood Mac. On the other hand, Kurt’s rendition of IWTHYH was both heart-warming and heart-wrenching.

41. Cathy says:

I want to hold your hand was amazing and it made me cry. Definately one of glee’s best covers. I actually like it better than the original.
    Songbird was good but i’ve heard way better versions, especially the Eva Cassidy one. So its definately not one of my favourite Santana/Naya songs. I also found it boring to watch as it was a just similar situation to Landslide. :)

42. Tyler says:

Honestly when Chris sung i want to hold your hand it was not even in the same league as the Beatles. Everyone is voting for it simply because Chris sung it but if you put it next to the original song it was awful. It was incredibly boring and felt like it was going on for ages. It was an easy choice songbird all the way. I don’t think i want to hold your hand was even a good choice for that situation it supposed to be an upbeat love/fun song.

43. Brittnie says:

Chris’ version of “I want to hold your hand” was amazing and should definitely win here. I also love “Somebody to Love” and “Faithfully” both are favorites of mine.

44. Lucy says:

So what I get from this is Naya fans/Brittanas have no life xD
    Good for her!!

• knyh says:

Okay so if I Want To Hold Your Wand was with a bigger percentage, it would be because Kurt sang it amazingly well and because the song is beautiful. But if Songbird is winning, it’s because the Naya/Brittana fans have no life?
      Do you know there’s a limit of votes per 4 hours, so people can’t spend all the time voting?

I think both songs are great, both of them deserves to win.

• Maria says:

Knowing exactly what the vote limits are kind of proves the point. Darn I was hoping this was one poll that couldn’t be spammed. Online polls are meaningless because a few fandoms spam them.

45. land says:

Stop saying that you are a Finchel fan , but would never vote because of the ship while you think that a klainer would. Or you are a klainer and would never vote for a song just because it’s a Klaine song, while you are sure that every Brittana fan is doing that.

Some people that ship Brittana are voting for IWTHYH, and others are voting for Songbird because they like the song better, and some are voting for it because of Brittana.

The same thing for klainers and Finchel fans.

Stop bashing certain fan base just because some of the fans are, in your opinion, immature or something. Just because one person is like that, it doesn’t mean that everyone else is the same.

46. phoebe says:

to be perfectly honest, I think Faithfully should win for the duets bracket. Every time I listen to that song, I cry. Lea and Cory have amazing vocal chemistry and it would be such a shame if it didn’t make it any further than this. just my opinion, though.

47. Jon says:

I Dreamed a Dream was a no-brainer for me.

As much as I love Santana and I love Naya as a comic actress, but she is not even close to as good at showing emotion as Chris Colfer. Plus her singing is kind of all over the place. I’m going to go with I Want to Hold Your Hand.

• dre says:

You mean Naya isn’t good at whining like Chris is? She handles her emotional scenes very well and is a better actress than Chris Colfer. Also her voice is very good, I agree that she needs some vocal training but it’s definitely not ‘all over the place’. And if you listen to Chris singing IWHYH thats what all over the place sounds like. And also, he sounds like a girl. Not attractive.

48. Dave says:

Ships are ruining this show.

49. kate says:

songbird is Nayas weakest song and its winning IWHYH??? everywhere where is something related to brittana it wins(good examples are eonline polls) and I am so tired of that. For example IWHYH has been used for iceskating background music, its so powerful.check it out

and is songbird performed Glee live?? no? didnt think so but IWHYH is.
    and I agree with Dave, ships are ruining this show.

• Andy says:

Maybe they are winning everything because they have a big fanbase? Ever thought about that? No?

• lucas says:

Just because it’s performed in Glee live, doesn’t mean it’s better.
      There are a lot of amazing songs that they didn’t sing at the concert, so I don’t see the point.

50. andrew says:

You guys are tired that everything related to Naya always win?
    Songbird is the only song with Naya that made it to the second round (Valerie too, but it lost to Don’t Rain On My Parade).