Fall TV Preview

Fringe Scoop: Dirty Sexy Grad Michelle Krusiec Joins Cast… But Who Is She Playing?!

It looks like Fringe fans have another Season 4 mystery to chew on this summer.

A Fox rep confirms that actress Michelle Krusiec, best known for her roles as Darling daughter-in-law Mei-Ling Hwa on Dirty Sexy Money and Maddison’s stepmom on Secret Life of the American Teenager, is joining the Fox thriller in the recurring role of, um, “New Female Character.”

Suffice it to say, producers are keeping a very tight lid on the details surrounding their new heroine (or villainess). And don’t bother checking Krusiec’s Twitter feed for clues. All she would divulge is that she leaves “for Vancouver this week to start filming.”

Thoughts? Theories? Hit the comments!

Comments (74)

• I still want to know what the heck happened to agent Amy Jessup! Did they ever explained that on some interview or something?

Comment by Jon – July 11, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly!! My husband and I haven’t forgotten about her either… she was billed as a big mysterious recurring role that was meant to be quite important and yet, we saw her in like one or two episodes and that was it. I remember her using the Bible a lot to try and figure things out too. Would love that explained.

Comment by Lisa – July 11, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I asked the producers if we would ever see Amy Jessup (Meghan Markle) again. Signs point to no. Seems like she wasn’t working well with the show or something. Plus, she has another show she’s working on right now – “Suits”

Comment by RKron – July 11, 2011 05:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you for this post, I’ve been watching Suits and it was driving me crazy where I knew her from….Now I know.. :-)

Comment by Drewgo – July 11, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • WHAT???That was never the reason. Joel Wyman tweeted that she was simply a guest star and not intended to have a longer run.

Comment by mack – July 13, 2011 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael, find the scoop for us please, you know you can do it if you bribe someone hard enough!

Comment by Gavin – July 11, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think she’s Walternate’s mistress’s daughter/sister, something like that.

Comment by Sam – July 11, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter’s half-sister ;)

Comment by Kirk – July 11, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love it!

Comment by clc – July 12, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. No. No. I don’t want any more complicated story lines. I like the relationship Walter has with Astrid. Peter’s step-sister? paleeze.

Comment by Star. – July 12, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree with you! Something about Walter and Astrid’s relationship makes it so unique to other tv shows i’ve seen. So Thumbs up to another season of an amazing tv series! support all the way!

Comment by Jay – July 18, 2011 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • that’s what i thought too.

Comment by mcd – July 12, 2011 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmmm… she could be literally anyone, but since they’re bringing Agent Lee back full-time, it’s possible she’s his wife/girlfriend on this side?

Comment by Lisa – July 11, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it. They’ve been playing the Lincoln/Bolivia romance pretty well.

Comment by Frenchie – July 16, 2011 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yep, bring back Amy Jessup!!!

They underestimated the audience’s interest in this character. We still want to see what happened to her even if its just for 1 ep.

Comment by alex – July 11, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, no wonder why she looks familiar – she was on Community in “Competitive Wine Tasting” as lady which Pierce hooks up with!

Comment by ScrubsGuy – July 11, 2011 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going with Walternate’s and his mistress’ daughter.

Comment by eviltwit – July 12, 2011 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess, Peter no longer exists due to the 2 Walters not being able to have kids. Walternate adopted her and she is his daughter.

Comment by T – July 12, 2011 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a love interest for Astrid? She needs a real story line!

Comment by Clara – July 12, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed!

Comment by Kt – July 12, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Astrid is gay? Because the actress who plays her is? Her love interest is Walter.

Comment by Matt – July 12, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the Idea!

Comment by Colin – July 12, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There are enough gay/lesbian roles on TV as it is. Don’t need any more, and I’m not phobic, just have had enough!

Comment by JImmy – July 12, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! I just want to watch a normal TV show without someone trying to push some agenda on me!!

Comment by Christina Dohm – July 12, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • First and foremost, Christina, gay rights are not an agenda, but human rights, and you are being educated into being a more understanding human being. If you choose to be ignorant, it is your loss.

Comment by Lesiana Gayarella – July 13, 2011 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Normal TV show” …….. so being gay is not normal?

I’m tired of seeing shows where it’s all one race, one religion, one sexuality, etc etc. THAT is NOT normal.

NORMAL means you can relate it to every day life, that there is VARIETY. That not everyone is this perfect, stick figure blonde, straight woman who is a Christian and drives a Range Rover and makes a million dollars a year as a teacher, can dance any dance you can think of, etc etc etc.

Comment by Jess – July 13, 2011 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • When does the new season start?
        I agree with others…this show is great and doesn’t need a gay character to be better. That’s so played out.

Comment by Susan – July 12, 2011 05:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ugh! Agreed!

Comment by Dave – July 12, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “I’m not phobic”

Yes, you are.

Comment by Lesiana Gayarella – July 13, 2011 02:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • There are enough straight roles on TV as it is. Don’t need any more, and I’m not phobic, just have had enough!

Comment by eviltwit – July 13, 2011 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Astrid can go sit her terrible acting ass in a corner and die. She sucks in both universes.

Comment by Phuck Astrid – July 12, 2011 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She may be Walter’s wrangler. Peter has served this purpose since the start of the series, but now that Peter never existed she could be the one who has baby sat Walter since he got out of the insane asylum.

Comment by M – July 12, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Without zPeter, Walter may never have been in an insane asylum. Either way.. without Peter, the timeline should be screwed up. If Peter never existed, he never got in the machine. In that case, he has no reason to be wiped from existence. It’s a pretty crazy paradox. I’m afraid the writers wrote themselves into a corner.. but they surprised me with the machine, so maybe they can explain somehow. I hear Peter’s coming back. Can’t wait to see how!

Comment by John – July 12, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • without peter they would have never crossed over and started all this. there would be no need for fringe

Comment by billy – July 12, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peter did not exist in the original timeline. He was added to an alternate timeline by the Observers to find a way out to the dilemma where both universes are destroyed. Once he created the bridge, the Observers redirected it to the original timeline where Peter had never existed.

Comment by Matt – July 12, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Astrid is gay?? My day is ruined!!

Comment by BuckyT – July 12, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Who said Astrid is gay?

Comment by Shareen – July 12, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She got a purdy mouth.

Comment by Brian – July 12, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is she replacing the character of Peter? Because according to the finale’ last season, Peter never existed (according to the travelers)… he was just a figment of everyone’s imagination. So what’s up with that? I want Peter back!!!!!

Comment by Louise – July 12, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Look, I need to be Astrid’s love interest. Just because the actress is gay doesn’t mean the character is.

And if the character of Peter Bishop is gone for good, I don’t know if I’ll be that interested in continuing with the show. The foundation for me is the Peter/Walter and Peter/Olivia relationships.

Comment by Joe Klemmer – July 12, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. They better not replace Peter with a female lead! I can’t imagine that. I think she will be an agent rather than a family member.. the young eager one, perhaps.

Comment by Sab – July 12, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They never dare to do that!!! Don’t worry!!!

Comment by JohnnyB – July 12, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked Agent Amy in the episode where Olivia is in the car accident and also the people were disappearing in one town. She was excellent! And I thought she really had a place in Fringe. Saw her on Suits so disappointed cause that usually means she’s not coming back. We’ll see how this new girl goes…

Comment by Shareen – July 12, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would seem odd to write Peter’s character out all together. He is inter-woven in the whole story. My best guess is that all was put back in balance (meaning his removal from one world to the other) by his trip in the machine. And now there will be new adventures together. The Peter/Olivia and Peter/Walter interactions are the best part of the show!

Comment by Terra – July 12, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Olivia Dunham still rembers Peter Bishiop because them two are related to the machine and then Olivia Dunham looks everywhere and it turns out Walter Bishiop was Peter Bishiop all along or Peter Bishiop is on the otherside and know one knows about him????

Comment by Oliver – July 12, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The creative team has already said that Peter is not being
    written out of the series. Josh Jackson is still under contract
    to the show.

Comment by dorkenheimer – July 12, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe one of the watchers. Or just an agent. I can’t wait to see this season.

Comment by Kaprina – July 12, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Walternate’s lovechild??

Comment by Rekka – July 12, 2011 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We’ve already got enough interesting recurring characters that we know next to nothing about as it is. Are we ever going to learn more about Astrid? This is my biggest nitpick for all three seasons. What about Nina or alt!Nina. Or why did our Broyles never got his stuff straightened out with his wife? Or what about Sam who’s a mystery inside a mystery. Or our adorakable Lincoln we saw once. Or Scarlie? Or heck maybe even our Charlie lived since Peter never existed…?

Seriously… in a season that’s likely to be FRINGE’s last (or next to last) I don’t see any reason to be adding in more new characters. Since things are going all timey-wimey with the Peter predicament why not bring back Sebastian Roche back, but not have him be a villian this time?

Comment by Melissa – July 12, 2011 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Could NOT agree more! Well said!

Comment by wickedvox – July 12, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haha, and wibbley-wobbley, too.

Comment by Amanda – July 17, 2011 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, you LITERALLY brought up BOTH things about the show that I haven’t heard anyone else discuss. What about Astrid and HER background? How did she get to be Walter’s assistant? What secrets does SHE have?

And why has everyone else’s alternate been discussed and shown except for Nina Sharp? I’d love to see them touch on both these things this season, and to see how they’re affected by Peter’s possible reappearance into existence…

Comment by Nina Lee – July 12, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Since things are going all timey-wimey with the Peter predicament why not bring back Sebastian Roche back, but not have him be a villian this time?”

Good idea! How about this? He hated Faux, so when Peter comes back, he digs out the info disc and re-boots ol’ Frozen Head, who then joins forces with the Blue Universe and Peter to fix the time-paradox. And if, you know, he killed Faux in the bargain, win/win, right? Peter didn’t miss her when her universe disappeared (and neither did I).

Comment by Elliot – July 12, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter will be back,Olivia is special she has the ability to see reality in a different way. So I think she will remember him. I also think the observers will sent an assassin perhaps Mr.X the one that was supposed to kill Olivia in “LSD” to try to prevent her from bringing Peter back.They did sent a human assassin in “August” to kill the girl that was meant to die,so they could do it again? Okay I’ll stop,thats my little theory, I can’t wait for Fringe!! Oh and she’s very pretty, is she a good actress?

Comment by Angel93 – July 12, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Astrid became Walter’s assistant because she was Olivia’s assistant from the very beginning. Alt-Nina’s story is never told because William Bell never existed in the alternate universe since he died, and him and Walternate never met.

I think the new character should be a new head scientist for Massive Dynamic or maybe someone who knows the answers for everything for some reason to be told.

Comment by Valarie – July 12, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Peter , Olivia < amd Walter's characters pay the bills each week. You can rest assured fox is not going to let the writers rock the boat to hard on a winning and profitable show. Fast approaching syndication numbers..

Comment by met – July 12, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Remember there were two Peters, one who has now never existed, and one who died young. Since one Peter now has never existed, could the other Peter not have died?

Comment by Matt – July 12, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe she is a reincarnation of William Bell in the third alternate universe where Peter is now and Olivia has black hair and works as a stripper. With Fringe, you just never know.

Comment by Keith – July 12, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lame! Didn’t they try this with “mysterious” agent jessup?? How many times are they going to mess with the cast chemistry before they learn we just won’t have it?

Comment by wickedvox – July 12, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe a female obeserver named April,May,or June? I wish it was September already aghhh.

Comment by Fringie – July 12, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am with you , she is maybe Peter’s sister and from her bloodline they will engineering Peter’s body again .

Comment by Real1 – July 12, 2011 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She (Michelle Krusiec’s character) may have something to do with Walter and Dr. Bell’s original experiments with the children. Different “psychic wars”?

Comment by ahgremlyn – July 12, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perhaps she is a new body for William Bell to come back in.

Comment by Elise Waxler – July 12, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s either walternate’s daughter or she is Blue Lincoln’s wife/girlfriend.

Comment by alex – July 13, 2011 02:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about the leader of The Observers?

Comment by brendano – July 13, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Surprised nobody mentioned that Michelle starred in dirty sexy money, same as Seth Gabel (Lincoln).

Comment by Timeforpain – July 13, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • According to some theories on Time Travel, when you go back in time you never go back to your own time line. You create a new time line, one that is very similiar, almost identlcal, but is not your own. So the Grandfather parodox doesn’t occure. Time flows like a river and a the new time line you create when you go back, is like a stream that connects and flows into the river. So Peter can still exist in the show. The new season episodes could be based on a Third Alternative Universe. Why not? There are already 2 that exists so far in this show.

Comment by Sally – July 14, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just absolutely LOVE this show! My hubby got me started watching it by d/ling the first 2 seasons (I think season 3 just started) and was hooked the first episode. Now I can’t wait till Season 4 starts!. This one of those show’s that make me go “AAARRRGH!!!” when the episode is over because I keep wanting to see more! Keep up the good work there!

Comment by Susan – July 17, 2011 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s the leader of a new human form of shapeshifter. Is a very fiscal, bad ass role. Read a quote she recently gave in an interview about her castmate, Anna Torv. She was quoted as being a big admirer of her work and someone she wants to emulate. Smart girl, she chose one of the best on TV right now. It’s a shame the TV award shows fail to acknowledge this actreess’ fine work,.

Comment by Ann – November 10, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post