TNT Picks Up New Dallas: Check Out the Cast, Premiere Date and Sneak Peek Details

TNT has ordered to series and set a premiere timetable for its continuation of the iconic Dallas saga.

The new series featuring faces both fresh and very familiar will bow in the summer of 2012, the network announced on Friday. But seeing as that feels so, so far away, fans can get a sneak preview of Dallas this coming Monday, during the season openers of The Closer (9/8c) and Rizzoli & Isles (10/9c).

Here now, the cast:

The cast for TNT’s Dallas — which reacquaints us with the clans visited upon during the original CBS drama’s 1978-1991 run — includes Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives), Jordana Brewster (Fast & Furious), Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars) and Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives). They will be joined by original series faves Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman (reprising their roles of Bobby, Sue Ellen and J.R. Ewing, respectively).

As previously reported by TVLine, Metcalfe was cast as Bobby and Pam’s son Christopher, Henderson is J.R.’s son John Ross, and Brewster plays a ranch cook’s daughter who will be caught in a triangle with the aforementioned lads — frothy, seeing as Gonzalo plays Chris’ fiancée, Rebecca! Strong plays Bobby Ewing’s new wife, Ann.

Two more Dallas vets, Charlene Tilton (aka Lucy Ewing) and Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs), will make appearances in the pilot, but are not series regulars, TNT tells me.

TNT also is unveiling DallasTNT.com, a website dedicated to the new series.

Are you fixin’ to saddle up for the new Dallas?

1. Sivat says:

Will Ted Shackelford be on the new Dallas? He has been conspicuously absent from The Young and The Restless, forcing them to temporarily recast the role. Wonder if he’s absent because he’s been filming the new Dallas. Matt, do you have the scoop?

I also wish they were bringing back Omri Katz as JR’s son instead of recasting. I just re-watched Eerie Indiana and remembered how good an actor he is.

• Allison says:

I doubt they will bring Gary back. Though I didn’t watch the entire run of Dallas I think they pretty much parted ways with Knots (did watch entire run) after the whole Bobby dream thing. He remained dead on Knots (correct me if I am wrong). Looking forward to this but bummed we have to wait so long.
      As for Ted Shackelford, who can we talk to about a Knots reboot?!! Wishful thinking, I know that would never happen.

• Em says:

I was always more of a Knots girl myself.

• Miffy says:

They never mentioned “Dallas” again on “Knots Landing” but not vice-versa. Gary and Valene appeared in the “Dallas” series finale, and were mentioned in 1996’s “J.R. Returns” movie. They could bring them back in this version if they wanted to, but I don’t think they plan to at this point.

• PGP says:

KNOTS LANDING was so much better, wish that they would reboot that series. Doubt that Gary or Val will be on it at all. The Dallas connection was never brought up again after the death of Bobby….

• ELIZABETH CASSELL says:

why not bring back gary or pam to make things a little juicer

• LBK says:

Yeah cause Gary was such an important character to the show. LOL! While I can appreciate that people love Knots have those characters on Dallas makes as much sense as them doing a Knots reboot and having Ray on!

• My mom and 3 sisters and my grandma and even my dad and 4 brothers used to be glued to tv every single week to watch Dallas and the famous JR who would have guessed that I would grow up and have the same initials as him yep My name is Jacklin and I married a Ross….So we all looking forward to watching the new Dallas but this time unfortunatly with out my dad and grandma……But JR Dad and Mom has Passed too… So….

2. scorpo says:

DAMN! we have to wait until next summer :/ Kudos to you Matt for not calling this a reboot but a continuing saga, nice.

3. S says:

Enough with Jesse Metcalfe! He’s a terrible actor. However, this cast looks bad.

• Crystal Ellisor says:

Jesse’s not only sexy but has brains. As an actor he has stolen my heart .He needs to get control of South Fork

4. Shawn says:

And what about Charlene Tilton! She was announced for the pilot!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Not a peep about either in the official press release, but they do both make appearances in the pilot (NOT as series regulars, however). The story has been updated.

5. susanmarie says:

Can’t Wait!!!!

6. NickC says:

I became a fan of Julie Gonzalo from the Great show Eli Stone so i might have to check this out.RIP Eli.

7. ggny says:

im shocked that Jordana Brewster couldnt get something better then this…but i guess it got the Dallas name and the ratings will probably be huge but overall probably a horrible show

• Sabina says:

What kind of idiot are you? Are you brain dead living under a rock? Why would you think such a huge successful show will probably be horrible? What are you 2???

• Nesta says:

I guess you know it is going to be a bad show because you have seen all of the 2012 episodes. I know you are Phoebe from Charm you see the future. Get a life! You do not know the show.

8. Michael says:

If Gary pops up on Dallas I’m sure his first question will be: “Bobby, how are you alive?”

9. Charles says:

OK, but it won’t be the same without Pam- BRING BACK VICTORIA PRINCIPAL!!

• forrest says:

I think she (VP) really parted ways with Dallas a long time ago. Almost a step backwards for her brand and business dealings.

10. boyd crowder says:

Wow, sounds like a desperate housewives reunion. all in all though, im kinda excited about it.

11. Bass says:

ummm… what the hell is dallas?

12. DC says:

Will it be broadcast in Canada? We do not get TNT where I live…

• kh says:

Even though TNT is not availabe in Canada, Super Channel (subscription required) carries a lot of TNT programming. Super Channel carries The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Memphis Beat, Falling Skies, etc.

So if Dallas does well in the US, there’s a possibility, that Super Channel will carry it as well.

13. Stefan says:

So does Anne (Brenda Strong) survive the pilot? She has the nasty habit of always dying in her pilots XD

14. Danielle H. says:

I really wish that networks would really sit down and try really hard to come up with new ideas rather then to rehash things. I mean really, some good original and different shows are what we need. I think we’re actually going to see a bit of that this fall, and I think it’s great.

But I guess more power to the cast if they are getting paid, lol.

BTW really loving your humor in your articles, Matt. You are taking over as my fav entertainment reporter over Ausiello. Better bring out the boxing gloves! :)

15. Al says:

wow i need to tell my mom about this. If it as good as the original then this version will be a success and TNT should revive Melrose Place as well. That would be a killer combo Dallas and Melrose Place on Tues or Wed. I hope they become a success.

16. mary says:

I am pretty happy, the old souvenirs come in my mind ! It was a pretty huge show and i loved it.

17. Dave says:

I’ve waited 20 years to have Sue Ellen Ewing back on my TV … I guess another 11-12 months won’t kill me … but man, if the world ends in that time, imma be mighty pissed off!!!

18. Thom says:

Continuation is the perfect word. And thanks TNT!!! I have to admit that there is a part of me that would lobe for it to start now..but we have Brenda to say bye to now on TNT. A year does seem like a long time away…but on the up side ….there are a lot of past seasons to rematch..I am going to watch all of them…thus I will really be in the mood for what will turn out to just be a time jump in the story. Really going to be fun!

19. Tracey says:

omg! can’t wait but i’m confuse when dallas was on there was Pam and april pam died but april didnt right so who the new woman in Bobbys life.

20. Elizabeth Cassell says:

bring back Pam that would thicken the plot with Bobby and his new wife!

21. james ketner says:

I’m from Dallas and I drove by Southfork Ranch almost everyday before it was used for the tv series. I watched the show from the begining and recorded/watched it again a few years ago when they ran the series on cable. I can’t wait for the new series. I’m looking forward to the new show & characters.

22. Richard says:

yes and no, new faces it will be fun to watch
    but nothing will beat Larry Hagman as the original
    J.R Ewing .And none could beat Dallas as a tv icon.
    if its good i’ll watch but nothing nothing can veat
    the original.

23. richard says:

if they could do Dallas
    why not Hotel or even
    other soap operas too.
    I think the best comedic soap
    opera would be Soap the one
    that starred Billy whats his
    name and they had a dummy that
    had a personality too.:)……

24. Karen Monday says:

I am soooooooooo excited about this. I am already planning a big party for the premiere. I remember no one went out to clubs or to partys until we finished watching Dallas….It makes me feel younger. The day I heard about it I rolled down my car windows and told all the neighbors and friends I saw on my way home about it. YES!!!! I have something to really look forward to. Thank you Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy& Linda Gray for coming back home to Dallas.

25. Bettye Atkinson says:

I am very excited about the Dallas return. I watched both Dallas and Knotts from beginning to end…loved them boyh!!! Hope Larry Hagman is well and able to perform without problems.

26. Deborah says:

Its so not Dallas,wow I dont think it will last.Its missing alot of the Dallas old characters.I know things change but it would have been nice to see a little more of the old cast that are still living.

27. dallasjames says:

I also still drive by SF ranch all the time. It is amazing how really small it really is. Can’t wait for the show.

28. peg says:

Yyyaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!! My life is complete!!!!!!

29. Sher says:

I have been so excited since hearing that Dallas is coming back! There’s never been a better show in my opinion. Can’t wait for it to start! Oh yeah!

30. marcella Smith says:

I am very excited that Dallas is coming back but I am not sure if I am going to watch it because I went through withdrawal when it went off the air.LOL

31. Sherron Bailey says:

I watched the entire run of Dallas when it was on. But it has been so long I have forgotten the story on how Christopher became Bobbys son. Does anyone remember? Please refresh my memory.

32. mike C says:

Dallas , is awesome anyone who liked it years ago will love the new one , if they don’t they’re crazy . Ewing Oil or southfork has not changed much . The search for oil must go on !

33. Josh says: