TNT Picks Up New Dallas: Check Out the Cast, Premiere Date and Sneak Peek Details

TNT has ordered to series and set a premiere timetable for its continuation of the iconic Dallas saga.

The new series featuring faces both fresh and very familiar will bow in the summer of 2012, the network announced on Friday. But seeing as that feels so, so far away, fans can get a sneak preview of Dallas this coming Monday, during the season openers of The Closer (9/8c) and Rizzoli & Isles (10/9c).

Here now, the cast:

The cast for TNT’s Dallas — which reacquaints us with the clans visited upon during the original CBS drama’s 1978-1991 run — includes Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives), Jesse Metcalfe (Desperate Housewives), Jordana Brewster (Fast & Furious), Julie Gonzalo (Veronica Mars) and Brenda Strong (Desperate Housewives). They will be joined by original series faves Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman (reprising their roles of Bobby, Sue Ellen and J.R. Ewing, respectively).

As previously reported by TVLine, Metcalfe was cast as Bobby and Pam’s son Christopher, Henderson is J.R.’s son John Ross, and Brewster plays a ranch cook’s daughter who will be caught in a triangle with the aforementioned lads — frothy, seeing as Gonzalo plays Chris’ fiancée, Rebecca! Strong plays Bobby Ewing’s new wife, Ann.

Two more Dallas vets, Charlene Tilton (aka Lucy Ewing) and Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs), will make appearances in the pilot, but are not series regulars, TNT tells me.

TNT also is unveiling DallasTNT.com, a website dedicated to the new series.

Are you fixin’ to saddle up for the new Dallas?

Tags: ,

Comments (53)

• Will Ted Shackelford be on the new Dallas? He has been conspicuously absent from The Young and The Restless, forcing them to temporarily recast the role. Wonder if he’s absent because he’s been filming the new Dallas. Matt, do you have the scoop?

I also wish they were bringing back Omri Katz as JR’s son instead of recasting. I just re-watched Eerie Indiana and remembered how good an actor he is.

Comment by Sivat – July 8, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt they will bring Gary back. Though I didn’t watch the entire run of Dallas I think they pretty much parted ways with Knots (did watch entire run) after the whole Bobby dream thing. He remained dead on Knots (correct me if I am wrong). Looking forward to this but bummed we have to wait so long.
      As for Ted Shackelford, who can we talk to about a Knots reboot?!! Wishful thinking, I know that would never happen.

Comment by Allison – July 8, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was always more of a Knots girl myself.

Comment by Em – July 8, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah, I was too. I think because the focus wasn’t always about the oil business.

Comment by elr – July 9, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Me too!!! Dallas is ok but Knots was the best. By the way, what is Dallas without Pamela???

Comment by saga cont.. – June 20, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They never mentioned “Dallas” again on “Knots Landing” but not vice-versa. Gary and Valene appeared in the “Dallas” series finale, and were mentioned in 1996′s “J.R. Returns” movie. They could bring them back in this version if they wanted to, but I don’t think they plan to at this point.

Comment by Miffy – July 8, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • KNOTS LANDING was so much better, wish that they would reboot that series. Doubt that Gary or Val will be on it at all. The Dallas connection was never brought up again after the death of Bobby….

Comment by PGP – July 11, 2011 04:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • why not bring back gary or pam to make things a little juicer

Comment by ELIZABETH CASSELL – July 11, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah cause Gary was such an important character to the show. LOL! While I can appreciate that people love Knots have those characters on Dallas makes as much sense as them doing a Knots reboot and having Ray on!

Comment by LBK – July 12, 2011 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My mom and 3 sisters and my grandma and even my dad and 4 brothers used to be glued to tv every single week to watch Dallas and the famous JR who would have guessed that I would grow up and have the same initials as him yep My name is Jacklin and I married a Ross….So we all looking forward to watching the new Dallas but this time unfortunatly with out my dad and grandma……But JR Dad and Mom has Passed too… So….

Comment by Jacklin Sara Ross – June 12, 2012 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DAMN! we have to wait until next summer :/ Kudos to you Matt for not calling this a reboot but a continuing saga, nice.

Comment by scorpo – July 8, 2011 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough with Jesse Metcalfe! He’s a terrible actor. However, this cast looks bad.

Comment by S – July 8, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jesse’s not only sexy but has brains. As an actor he has stolen my heart .He needs to get control of South Fork

Comment by Crystal Ellisor – June 13, 2012 09:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And what about Charlene Tilton! She was announced for the pilot!

Comment by Shawn – July 8, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a peep about either in the official press release, but they do both make appearances in the pilot (NOT as series regulars, however). The story has been updated.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – July 8, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Her and Steve Kanaly make small appearances during an Ewing party, but they’re not involved in any storyline in the pilot.

Comment by Caio – July 8, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • A Ewing part?!?! Who goes in the pool????

Comment by wooster182 – July 8, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t Wait!!!!

Comment by susanmarie – July 8, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I became a fan of Julie Gonzalo from the Great show Eli Stone so i might have to check this out.RIP Eli.

Comment by NickC – July 8, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!! Just wish they didn’t have her paired with Jesse Metcalfe.

Comment by Linda – July 8, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im shocked that Jordana Brewster couldnt get something better then this…but i guess it got the Dallas name and the ratings will probably be huge but overall probably a horrible show

Comment by ggny – July 8, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What kind of idiot are you? Are you brain dead living under a rock? Why would you think such a huge successful show will probably be horrible? What are you 2???

Comment by Sabina – June 12, 2012 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess you know it is going to be a bad show because you have seen all of the 2012 episodes. I know you are Phoebe from Charm you see the future. Get a life! You do not know the show.

Comment by Nesta – June 13, 2012 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Gary pops up on Dallas I’m sure his first question will be: “Bobby, how are you alive?”

Comment by Michael – July 8, 2011 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OK, but it won’t be the same without Pam- BRING BACK VICTORIA PRINCIPAL!!

Comment by Charles – July 8, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she (VP) really parted ways with Dallas a long time ago. Almost a step backwards for her brand and business dealings.

Comment by forrest – July 8, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, sounds like a desperate housewives reunion. all in all though, im kinda excited about it.

Comment by boyd crowder – July 8, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ummm… what the hell is dallas?

Comment by Bass – July 8, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How old r u?

Comment by 69mickey – July 8, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must be so young or live in a cavern on Mars.

Comment by Marie – July 9, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will it be broadcast in Canada? We do not get TNT where I live…

Comment by DC – July 8, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even though TNT is not availabe in Canada, Super Channel (subscription required) carries a lot of TNT programming. Super Channel carries The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Memphis Beat, Falling Skies, etc.

So if Dallas does well in the US, there’s a possibility, that Super Channel will carry it as well.

Comment by kh – July 11, 2011 02:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does Anne (Brenda Strong) survive the pilot? She has the nasty habit of always dying in her pilots XD

Comment by Stefan – July 8, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really wish that networks would really sit down and try really hard to come up with new ideas rather then to rehash things. I mean really, some good original and different shows are what we need. I think we’re actually going to see a bit of that this fall, and I think it’s great.

But I guess more power to the cast if they are getting paid, lol.

BTW really loving your humor in your articles, Matt. You are taking over as my fav entertainment reporter over Ausiello. Better bring out the boxing gloves! :)

Comment by Danielle H. – July 8, 2011 08:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow i need to tell my mom about this. If it as good as the original then this version will be a success and TNT should revive Melrose Place as well. That would be a killer combo Dallas and Melrose Place on Tues or Wed. I hope they become a success.

Comment by Al – July 8, 2011 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am pretty happy, the old souvenirs come in my mind ! It was a pretty huge show and i loved it.

Comment by mary – July 9, 2011 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve waited 20 years to have Sue Ellen Ewing back on my TV … I guess another 11-12 months won’t kill me … but man, if the world ends in that time, imma be mighty pissed off!!!

Comment by Dave – July 9, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Continuation is the perfect word. And thanks TNT!!! I have to admit that there is a part of me that would lobe for it to start now..but we have Brenda to say bye to now on TNT. A year does seem like a long time away…but on the up side ….there are a lot of past seasons to rematch..I am going to watch all of them…thus I will really be in the mood for what will turn out to just be a time jump in the story. Really going to be fun!

Comment by Thom – July 9, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg! can’t wait but i’m confuse when dallas was on there was Pam and april pam died but april didnt right so who the new woman in Bobbys life.

Comment by Tracey – July 10, 2011 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back Pam that would thicken the plot with Bobby and his new wife!

Comment by Elizabeth Cassell – July 11, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m from Dallas and I drove by Southfork Ranch almost everyday before it was used for the tv series. I watched the show from the begining and recorded/watched it again a few years ago when they ran the series on cable. I can’t wait for the new series. I’m looking forward to the new show & characters.

Comment by james ketner – July 12, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes and no, new faces it will be fun to watch
    but nothing will beat Larry Hagman as the original
    J.R Ewing .And none could beat Dallas as a tv icon.
    if its good i’ll watch but nothing nothing can veat
    the original.

Comment by Richard – July 13, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if they could do Dallas
    why not Hotel or even
    other soap operas too.
    I think the best comedic soap
    opera would be Soap the one
    that starred Billy whats his
    name and they had a dummy that
    had a personality too.:)……

Comment by richard – July 13, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am soooooooooo excited about this. I am already planning a big party for the premiere. I remember no one went out to clubs or to partys until we finished watching Dallas….It makes me feel younger. The day I heard about it I rolled down my car windows and told all the neighbors and friends I saw on my way home about it. YES!!!! I have something to really look forward to. Thank you Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy& Linda Gray for coming back home to Dallas.

Comment by Karen Monday – August 11, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very excited about the Dallas return. I watched both Dallas and Knotts from beginning to end…loved them boyh!!! Hope Larry Hagman is well and able to perform without problems.

Comment by Bettye Atkinson – October 17, 2011 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its so not Dallas,wow I dont think it will last.Its missing alot of the Dallas old characters.I know things change but it would have been nice to see a little more of the old cast that are still living.

Comment by Deborah – November 28, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also still drive by SF ranch all the time. It is amazing how really small it really is. Can’t wait for the show.

Comment by dallasjames – December 1, 2011 04:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yyyaaaaaaayyyyy!!!!!! My life is complete!!!!!!

Comment by peg – December 16, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been so excited since hearing that Dallas is coming back! There’s never been a better show in my opinion. Can’t wait for it to start! Oh yeah!

Comment by Sher – May 21, 2012 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very excited that Dallas is coming back but I am not sure if I am going to watch it because I went through withdrawal when it went off the air.LOL

Comment by marcella Smith – June 11, 2012 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the entire run of Dallas when it was on. But it has been so long I have forgotten the story on how Christopher became Bobbys son. Does anyone remember? Please refresh my memory.

Comment by Sherron Bailey – June 13, 2012 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dallas , is awesome anyone who liked it years ago will love the new one , if they don’t they’re crazy . Ewing Oil or southfork has not changed much . The search for oil must go on !

Comment by mike C – June 17, 2012 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Gary back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Josh – July 16, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post