Big Brother Twist: [Spoiler] Has Left the Show

Well, that didn’t take long. Not hours after the first primetime installment of Big Brother 13 aired, one of the cast members left the building — and under somewhat mysterious circumstances.

What’s more, the AWOL houseguest is not one of the unproven newbies, but one half of a returning “dynamic duo.” This person’s name: “Evel Dick” Donato.

“Due to a personal matter, Big Brother houseguest Dick Donato had to leave the game unexpectedly on Thursday,” reads a statement from CBS. “His departure will be addressed on the episode to be broadcast on Wednesday, July 13.”

Donato reportedly went missing shortly after the season premiere. As seen in Showtime’s BB: After Dark feed, he apparently entered the Diary Room and never came out, leaving his partner/estranged daughter Daniele confused, reports.

Donato’s exit is sure to have a ripple effect, given that he was the winner of Season 8, and promised to keep things “interesting.”

CBS’ go-to summertime crowd-pleaser, Big Brother returned to strong numbers on Thursday, winning the night in both total viewers (7.7 million, up 3 percent from last year’s opener) and in the demo (with a 2.7 rating, up 13 percent).

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Clarissa says:

Noo he was my favorite. Now I only have the Olivia Wilde look alike to root for.

2. jj says:

who watches this crap? seriously. thank you, people who watch reality junk, for justifying the networks decisions to do less scripted programming. aholes.

• JJ says:

You’re welcome.

• Katie says:

Dude, chill out.

• BRETT says:

Hey JJ – I’m punching you through my computer screen right now. You seriously read an article about a reality show JUST to post about how you hate reality shows? Someone needs something better to do…

• jj says:

nope. it was just a benefit. and yeah, i DO need something better to do. are you offering something or just stating the obvious.

• Dakota says:

Wow jj u r seriously retarded ppm are allowed to do stuff they want. I bet u have some weird things u like so shut up u fanemy!

• Kim says:

So why are you reading the article? Just go back to your superior intelligence reality and leave the rest of us to enjoy the summer entertainment at the expense of the housemates!! Bah humbug to you jj

• Patricia says:

You must watch this otherwise why would you check out the site to find out who left BB13. It’s ok to like reality tv.

• Dave says:

Usually right there with you jj.
      But BB is in the middle of summer. It isn’t hurting quality scripted programming like Dancing with the D Listers or those absurd attention whores looking for love…….

• Tim says:

But yet you read the article you douche bag.

• Bonnie says:

Apparently you do since you’re commenting about it. Chill…

• Sable says:

I completely agree with you, jj. I am not entertained by watching people being rewarded for demonstrating the worst qualities of human behavior.

Thank goodness for cable stations USA, TNT, AMC, etc., for quality scripted summer programming.

• Bb13 fan says:

Why bother commenting about how reality shows are useless if you don’t even like them. Shut up

3. Melissa says:

This just sucks! He was going to make it so much better! What a bummer! I really am hoping it’s something CBS is doing to “expect the unexpected!”

• Lori says:

I totally agree that Evil Dick leaving SUCKS!!! I LOVE Evil Dick. He makes the show FUN to watch. While I do like Jeff and Jordan, I really will miss Evil Dick. Sure hope he can come back.

4. BRETT says:

Can I just say thank you for putting ‘spoiler’ in your headline? I refreshed TMZ randomly and their headline gave it away. Big fan here, so thanks for the consideration! That aside, I’m glad he is gone. I didn’t find him entertaining at all. There’s a difference between brutally honest and entirely unlikable.

5. Mark says:

Good. I do not enjoy him at all. He’s rude and annoying. This really better not give Danielle a free pass to the top 10 though. That’d be totally gay. Here’s hoping Julie talks to Mike Boogie and Dr. Will into joining the game as a replacement. She just saw them on Thursday when they appeared on the Talk so who knows? EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.

• Harrison says:

Daniele already has the Golden Key to the final ten, due to Evel Dick’s departure.

• Mark says:

That is such BS. She should be kicked out. Totally not fair that her FATHER leaves the game thus guaranteeing that she earns a spot in the top 10. Who are we to say that wasn’t strategy? Not fair at all.

• syvyn11 says:

It’s not fair for her that her partner screwed her over. Even worse that it’s her own dad to screw her over.

• Steven Funk says:

@Mark “That’d be totally gay”?????? WTF?

• Mark says:

It’s an expression? Like totally lame. Didn’t realize we had to be all PC up in here. I’m gay anyhoo. I don’t see what the problem with it is. Quit being so retarded (Joke).

• Steven says:

Equating “lame” with “gay” is the problem. If you are gay you should understand the issue.

• JOanna L. Braxton says:

No…You ARE NOT GAY Mark…You are LAME. No self respecting gay person would ever use Gay as a substitute for lame or “retarded” or “messed up”. Asshole…and I mean that in the true sense of the word…not meaning “lame”.

6. MJ says:

Evel Dick had made a video for his reality tv site saying he was going into the BB House that was made in violation of his CBS disclosure contract. That’s why he was evicted….

• Mike D. says:

He made the video, but it was shown after the premiere. It’s for personal matters. The video had nothing to do with his leaving.

7. Laura says:

Well I guess I’m tuning OUT if Evil D*ck is out…
    He would of made the show fun to watch.

8. Diane says:

I was really looking forward to seeing Evil Dick work his charm. Please come back!!!!!!!!

9. dq18 says:

According to TMZ Daniele is now guaranteed a spot in the top 10, so we will have to deal with her whiny annoyances for at least a few weeks. Joy :o|

10. JohnDoe says:

Well that sucks. Guess I might be out, because I sure am not watching for Rachel…

11. forrest says:

cool – thank you for this info. I am really glad they gave Danielle the Golden save only for the reason that a replacement will not come in now. There are alot of annoying former houseguests that I do not want to see again.

12. JB Smooove says:

You have to bet that when ED had to leave for whatever reason, the producers all said, “SON OF A BEEOTCH!!!” I mean, who is really going to give anywhere close to the same fireworks as ED would have exploded on s–t for brains, err, I mean Rachel?

13. darclyte says:

Danielle said she didn’t think anything was wrong with her family, so she thinks it has to do with ED’s girlfriend.

Others speculated that he was booted because of a video he made before he left that posted to his new website after the show aired (thinking that it violated his contract.)

However, ED posted the following on his Twitter account: ”I will be releasing a public video statement on (his new website) in the next couple days concerning my departure from the Big Brother House. But to squash the rumors, I am not in jail, don’t have cancer, my mother son and girlfriend are not in the hospital & I was not kicked out.”

His new website has reality show contestants posting video recaps or hosting video conferences about the new season of show’s they had been on. So there are 3 or 4 former BB HGs who do a video chat about BB each week, and former Bachelorette contestants video blogging about the current season after each episode, and so on.

You can click on my name to go to his website.

14. Kimm says:

I stopped watching Big Brother after his season and rolled my eyes when I heard they let him back on. Glad he is gone and I’m still not going to watch.

15. sadtroll says:

(spoiler) I will be ending this comment with an exclamation mark(/spoiler)

Personally, I don’t think anything that happens on BB or the after dark show should be counted as a spoiler. And even moreso when the houseguest is leaving for personal reasons that may have nothing to do with the game. Then it would feel like Dick’s personal problem was part of the “entertainment” of the show.

And judging from the linked headlines on TVLine’s front page, there are other sites that aren’t treating it as a spoiler either.

Of course, one of those is AOL so maybe I’m wrong!

16. james says:

Evil Dick didn’t get his nickname for nothing. He’s got his 1/2 a mill.If they didn’t no in advance then as soon as they heard about golden key he probably thought here’s a chance to get danielle into top ten and i can go back to whatever.

17. Lola says:

Am I the only person HAPPY/THRILLED/OVER THE MOON that Dick Donato is OUT of the house? OMG I was thinking about not watching at all because he annoys the crap out of me. And yes, Rachel is a bit annoying but I’ll take her over ED any day. :-)

18. JD says:

i heard that Production waited like 8 hours before telling Daniele what was going on. My guess is that they were trying to find her another partner (Nick maybe?) but couldn’t on such late notice, and then had to give her the golden key to be fair. apparently she’s not happy about the golden key…and why would she be? she is fantastic at competitions, she’s working with Rachel and Jeff who are also great at competitions, the Newbies have been HORRENDOUS at competitions so far, and she’s at a severe disadvantage now without her dad there to be the bad guy for her. if i was her, i’d rather be playing right now too, to prove myself to my new alliance, especially since she doesn’t have anyone she can 100% trust anymore.

19. vanessa says:

i whant dick be on way back in the game