Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva is packing on the casting news. First up, The Sopranos‘ Jamie-Lynn Sigler will guest-star on the Sept. 18 season finale as a travel agent with a fatal cardiac condition who can only be saved by her convict brother’s heart, TV Guide Magazine reports. Thing is, California law doesn’t let death row inmates donate organs. Cue an impassioned Jane! Speaking of Jane’s passions, Southland‘s Lex Medlin has been booked for this season’s fnal four episodes as a charming judge and love interest for our favorite lady lawyer, says THR.
Read for more of today’s TV news? Well….
* White Collar fans, did you feel conned when the USA hit swapped in a brand-new, super-sleek opening credits sequence? Well, you have until July 13 to vote (at www.characterchatter.com) to keep the new intro, or revert back to the original.
* TLC has four new Little People, Big World specials, bringing back the Roloff family – husband and wife Matt and Amy, and their children Jeremy, Zach, Molly, and Jacob. The first special will resolve the cliffhangers left from the series finale, including the state of Matt and Amy’s marriage, and will tentatively air in early October.
* Has Cee Lo Green in fact signed on to coach the UK adaptation of NBC’s The Voice? In a word, no. “Contrary to recent reports, there is no agreement in place for Cee Lo to join the cast of BBC’s The Voice UK,” his PR rep tells The Hollywood Reporter.
* Former Simple Life-liver Nicole Richie and designer John Varvatos have joined NBC’s new, yet-to-be-scheduled reality series, Fashion Star, as celebrity mentors, joining Jessica Simpson and host Elle Macpherson.
* The cat’s outta the bag — meaning, the first image of Catwoman as voiced by Buffy alum Eliza Dushku for a featurette on the new animated DVD-movie Batman: Year One. Check it out at TV Guide Magazine. Doesn’t she look purrfect?
Which of today’s TVLine Items has you talking?