Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of All My Children

ALL MY CHILDREN's Irizzary, Young and KnightYes, All My Children and One Life to Live have received a last-minute reprieve of sorts — with the sudsers previously doomed to go dark come September 23 and January 2012, respectively, an online upstart has bought dibs to continue their tales. But in the not-so-unlikely case that not all of the shows’ cast members go along for the cyber ride, TVLine is presenting dream roles for a few fan faves, this time turning our attention to the men of AMC.

Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of One Life to Live

Like our ideas, or have better ones? Pitch away in the comments section! Now, on with the slideshow….

1. Tammy says:

I can certainly see Michael E. Knight on a comedy series. He is great!

2. OLTLAMC says:

ABC LICENSES ITS ICONIC SOAPS “ALL MY CHILDREN” AND “ONE LIFE TO LIVE
    TO PROSPECT PARK

EXCLUSIVE MULTI-YEAR, MULTI-PLATFORM DEAL ALLOW THE SOAPS’ STORIES TO CONTINUE BEYOND THEIR FINAL AIRDATES ON ABC

BURBANK, CA – July 7, 2011 – ABC has licensed its iconic soaps, “All My Children” and “One Life to Live” to Prospect Park, it was announced today by Brian Frons, President, Daytime, Disney/ABC Television Group & Janice Marinelli, President, Disney/ABC Domestic Television and Rich Frank & Jeff Kwatinetz of Prospect Park. The exclusive multi-year, multi-platform deal enables the soaps’ stories to continue beyond their finale dates on ABC. ABC will broadcast its final episode of “All My Children” on Friday, September 23rd and will air the final episode of “One Life to Live” in January, 2012.

3. Nichole says:

Michael E. Knight could always do the long awaited sequel to “Date with an Angel”. ;)

4. Mika says:

At least now these actors will remain employed although I bet their pay will drop substantially. It is better than never finding work again.

It is an interesting topic, but I still say that if any of these actors could have landed a regular prime time or film role, they would have departed their soaps characters a long time ago. It is not for trying. Why do you think Tad has been brought back from the dead so many times? At least Ms. Lucci knew where her paycheck would come from.

5. Amber says:

Okay, first off, I LOVE that picture of Michael Knight on Modern Family. It is hilarious and is making me laugh my butt off. I don’t care what show Michael Knight ends up on, I just want to see him play Tad the Cad on something. Preferably a comedy though, I think he does comedy well. Modern Family is fine.

Second off, your idea for Jacob Young on BBT seems like a pretty good one. Hopefully Chuck Lorre is reading your column. Maybe you should see if you can pitch it to him, Megan. =) Griffin on Parenthood also seems like a pretty good choice.

I actually see Vincent Irizarry on something like Desperate Housewives. I would kind of like to see him out of his doctor role and try playing something else.

Cameron Mathison–a rival spy on Chuck! He’s certainly got the looks for it.

Darnell Williams does play the cop role pretty well. He does it so well that I say he should take over Chris Meloni’s spot on SVU. Now that would be a character I could learn to love quickly as much as I loved Elliot. Or Southland!!!! He would be good on Southland.

Trent Garrett…long lost son of House that he never knew he had who comes to town to meet his dad…though that kind of sticks pretty close to his current storyline on AMC.

6. weareclouds says:

Michael E. Knight should have been picked up for a sitcom years ago (then again, if he had have been. I would have never watched AMC) The man is hilarious. Even when the character of Tad is trying to be serious the motions that Mike makes are funny. He cannot tone himself down. He’s like the Conan O’Brien of the Daytime world.

He should either

A)Get a sitcom
    B)Get a reality show
    C)Get a late night talk show

Not to mention the fact I also think for a 52 year old man he’s freakin’ gorgeous!

7. sidneypierro says:

Why on earth would I want to store things in the cloud when data rates are so expensive compared to the price of hard drives. Sorry, it’s a “solution” in search of a problem. http://bit.ly/oGfSx9

8. sidneypierro says:

if we can get the producer/director and all the actors that are on it now this would be a good thing. I won’t keep my hopes up though. It’s awful disappointing that they won’t consider there is more then just the young ppl in the world that watch these soaps. I don’t understand why they don’t just make a soap network .. keep the one they have and add it to a channel on the basic cable list http://bit.ly/oGfSx9

9. Mindy says:

Please, some primetime (good) comedy, please let Michael E Knight on your show. He has incredible comedic timing. Mike Knight on Modern Family would be beyond awesome. Please, someone, make that happen.

10. Lindsay says:

With Jacob Young going back to “The Bold & The Beautiful,” he’ll only be a few sound stages over from BBT…it could totally happen.

11. howard caylor says:

please bring back SUASN LUCCI MICHAEL E KNIGHT JACOB YOUNG WALT WILLEY ALICIA MINSHEW DARNELL WILLIAMS AND DEBBY MORGAN TO PROSPECT PARK AND THANK YOU PROSPECTPARK FOR BRINGING BACK OUR SOAP OPERAS ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE GOOD JOB PROSPECT PARK HOWARDCAYLOR AND JOHN CAYLOR AND LOYAL FANS OF THOSE SHOWS

• howard caylor says:

whatcast members are going back to all my children and one life to live bring back SUSAN LUCCI BECAUSE WITH OUT HER THE SHOW WILL NOT MAKE IT PROSPECT PARK PLEASE BRING SUSAN LUCCI BACK WHAT EVER IT TAKES PLEASE JOHN CAYLOR HOWARD CAYLOR AND LOYAL FANS OF BOTH ONE LIFE TO LIVE AND ALL MY CHILDREN PS BRIAN FRONS IS THE REASON WHY ALL MY CHILDREN AND ONE LIFE TO LIVE WERE CANCELLED AND I THINK HE SHOULD LOSE HIS JOB FOR THIS ONE BECAUSE THE CHEW WILL NOT MAKE ANY MONEY AT ALL AND I WILL NOT WATCH IT AT ALL JOHNAND HOWARD CAYLOR

12. Toni Durben says:

It has been said that All My Children will have a new time slot on primetime. Is this true and if so, what is the time/date to start, etc.
    Is One life to Life and General Hospital leaving as well and if so when? Will they also be picked up and shown at a different time slot.

13. Sher says:

I don’t know actor’s names so using characters. Ryan &Greenlee…. Something like the old Hart to Hart. David….something supernatural. Zach…..anything where he is the leading man. Tad…. a sitcom @ a soap star. With guest shots by his old castmates.