A&E Gives Breakout Kings a Second Season

Get More: News, Renewals

A&E’s Breakout Kings has captured a second season.

The series, which was once in contention to air on Fox, goes back into prodution later this year and could return to the airwaves as soon as the first quarter of 2012, reports TVLine’s sister site Deadline.

Kings stars Laz Alonso and Domenick Lombardozzi as U.S. Marshals, who work with former fugitives — played by Malcolm Goodwin, Jimmi Simpson and Serinda Swan — to capture those on the run. Brooke Nevin co-stars as an analyst working with the task force.

The show’s premiere in March drew 1.5 million adults 18-49 — a record for the network.

Comments (36)

• Yay!

Comment by Deion – July 6, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HOOOOOOORAYYYYYY! I was kind of worried it wouldn’t get renewed. Glad my worrying was for nothing.

Comment by Sue – July 13, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whoooo hooooooooo!!! love this show

Comment by desiree – July 6, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice one!

Comment by Mitu – July 6, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • now that its been renewed i can finally get invested into the show over the summer.

Comment by spike – July 6, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!

Comment by secdoover – July 6, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally I liked Chase better – pretty much the same premise but less testosterone!

Comment by Cate – July 6, 2011 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go watch your network crap somewhere else.

Comment by bhm1304 – July 6, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • She can’t. Chase got canceled.

Comment by SMidnite – July 6, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • awesome

Comment by mike – July 6, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news from TVLine in weeks! It’s been nothing but bad news since the announcement of Chris Meloni leaving Law&Order:SVU to Chord Overstreet being downgraded from regular on Glee.
    So happy for some good news, finally! Love this show and I was so surprised especially being on A&E, home of Hoarders and Intervention!!
    (Actually A&E has 2 good non-reality shows – Breakout Kings and The Glades)

Comment by Mikey – July 6, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Two Not counting the horrible glades, Breakout Kings And The great shortlived show called The Beast From a few years back.

Comment by D – July 7, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love The Glades, as do many other people, and The Beast was in 2009, not a “few years back”.

Comment by ST – July 13, 2011 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Last time I checked it is the bottom half of 2001.. and a few years back would be 2009..

Comment by Rob – August 30, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • *2011

Comment by Rob – August 30, 2011 07:26 AM PDT
  • Awesome! I really enjoyed this show.

Comment by Carrie – July 6, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News !
    I wasn’t sure if I would like the show however it only took a couple of episodes and I was HOOKED.
    Glad A&E is bringing it back for another season.

Comment by Laurel – July 6, 2011 03:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news, I really like the series, so it’s great to know we get a second season… Although I wonder if it only gets a 13 episode order, or a full 20something order.

Comment by Delirious – July 6, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For most scripted cable network programs a normal season usually ranges between 12- 16 episodes as opposed to the 22-24 broadcast standard.

Comment by SMidnite – July 6, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sanctuary on Syfy was the only exception to this that I know of. It had 20 episodes in its third season!
        I’ll watch a couple of episodes of BK and see if I like it.

Comment by Girish – July 6, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You might be able to catch up on past episodes on A&E’s website.

Comment by Sue – July 13, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Frakking awesome news!!!! Now, if Jimmi Simpson can just snag the Emmy nomination he deserves that would be a treat. This show ended up so much better than its time share partner “The Killing”. This news is great.

Comment by bhm1304 – July 6, 2011 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAAAAAYY!!! Loved it!

Comment by Somebody – July 6, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! So glad it’s coming back for a second season!

Comment by Justin – July 6, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could not be more happy about this, The show was great.

Comment by Rob – July 6, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Luv this show Lax is Hot!!A&E has ano hit

Comment by Esi – July 6, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sweet,glad to hear its coming back for another saeason. Serinda Swan is HOT!!

Comment by RaWeezy – July 6, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I was anxious, but am happy now. Love this show; way to go A&E!

Comment by Kitty – July 6, 2011 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so glad to hear this! I am just worried if Fox actually picks it up it will get cancelled. The show premiered at 1.8 mil. which is good for A&E but shows have been cancelled with almost four times those ratings on Fox. I would only ship it over there if they guaranteed at least a four season run!!! (yeah that would really happen!!)

Comment by SusieQ – July 7, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really, really happy about this! Finally, a show I’ve invested in gets another season!

Comment by Fen – July 7, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now I wonder if they will actually shoot the show around NYC rather than Canada??? They did hide it well but I enjoy shows that use real locations not fake ones… but probably not since it costs less up there… I guess they can always have their escapee flee to Canada and chase them on location!!!

Comment by Doug-H – July 7, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now the big question for TVLINE to get the scoop on—Will TBAG Be back?

Comment by PB lover – July 7, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT FREAKIN’ NEWS !!!! WAHOOOOO!!!

Comment by Dan – July 7, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They gotta have a bigger plot other than having a new escape every week, and is it just me or does it seem like it is to easy to break out of a prison?

Comment by Hgaa – July 9, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeaaaah!..am pleased to hear that..let it be real soon.

Comment by Asiagi johnson – July 19, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looked forward to this show every wk sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad its coming back on for another season. So many good shows have been taken off the air.

Comment by Bren – October 22, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post