Glee's Greatest Performance: Day 6 Pits 'Virgin' Vs. 'Get You Alone,' 'Safety Dance' Vs. 'Joey'

Things are getting a little steamy on Day 6 of’s Glee All-Time Best Musical Number Bracket Tournament.

Glee Exclusive: Darren Criss and Harry Shum Jr. In, Chord Overstreet Out!

Today’s featured performances include such randy classics as “When I Get You Alone,” “Like a Virgin,” “Touch-a, Toucha-, Touch-a, Touch Me,” and “The Safety Dance.” (Okay, three out of four’s not bad, right?) No matter the case, our eight days of Round 1, single-elimination showdowns will narrow the field from 64 musical numbers down to a lean, mean 32.

No, Gleeks, it won’t be easy whittling away the field to settle the debate over which song-and-dance interlude ranks at No. 1 in the two-season history of Fox’s smash high-school dramedy, but that is the task with which you’ve been burdened!

Vote in Day 4 of Glee’s Best Moment Tourney: ‘Forget You,’ ‘Bohemian,’ ‘Billionaire,’ and More!

In fact, every day around 4:00 p.m. ET over the next few weeks, we’ll launch a new set of bouts that will have you mentally humming your favorite Glee moments and anxiously wondering how in the heck you’re gonna decide between ’em. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

And if you’re interested in the matchups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, click here to check out the entire 64-player bracket (then click again for a zoomed-in view), and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Stevie P says:

I LOVE the fact that Hell To The No has (currently) 100% of the vote…

Michael said is song gon’ lose?… and we said Hell To The No!!!

2. Tonya says:

Why are people voting for Run Joey Run? Is that a joke? Please tell me it’s a joke!

3. Paris says:

Why is Fireworks beating Bust your windows?!! I love Rachel but Fireworks sounded too much like Katy Perry. Mercedes on the other hand rocked that performance with the cheerleaders in the background. Like a Virgin is far superior than When I get you alone. The choreography and the same outfits of the three girls was just GREAT.

• lj says:

Bust Ya Windows solidified my love for Glee AND Mercedes…and it prompted Kurt’s coming out, so it was an important performance as well! I really liked Firework too, but it was pretty standard as Glee performances go. I don’t even remember “When I Get You Alone” (going to youtube it now).

• ErixN says:

I agree. Fireworks is generic, but Bust Your Windows is one of my all time faves.

I also like When I Get You Alone more than Like A Virgin.

• lei says:

Agreed on Fireworks vs Bust your windows.

The thing about when I get you alone is that I listen all the time, but for the show, in choreography and singing like a virgin is way better!

• Taylor says:

I know!!! Vocally, musically, and creatively, Bust Your Windows is far better than Firework.
      Not to mention the over inflection on “down, down, do-own”

• Kira says:

“Firework” performed by Katy Perry or anyone else, makes me want to hurt cats. I’m so sick of the song. It’s overused, squawky and stupid.

Amber/Mercedes never gets enough credit for killin’ every performance!

4. me says:

sad Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me is losing, why no Emma love?

• Dax says:

Love Emma but Touch Me was a horrible song from a really cheesy episode. Ick!

• Amber says:

But Rocky Horror Picture is meant to be a really cheesy movie, so I say they kicked butt on that episode. It was a great homage to the film and they were really able to keep the spirit of it.

• sm says:

Touch Me was terrible so was the episode Hell to the No by a mile. Mercedes hit it out of the ballpark.

• Grace says:

I’m actually kind of sad it’s so close! I thought Touch-a was a hot mess, and Hell to the No was so perfectly fabulous!

5. Caroline says:

It always breaks my heart to vote against the Warbler’s, but “Like A Virgin” is still one of my top five favorite Glee performances. You simply can’t deny its awesomeness.

6. Amber says:

I’m so sad Bust Your Windows isn’t getting more love. That’s probably one of my favorite Mercedes performances. I am however, going for Like a Virgin for the win. That is definitely my favorite musical number in the entire series. The 3 different performances edited together was amazing, and I’m guessing it took a tremendous amount of work to make happen successfully. My second favorite number is from the same episode, but not available to vote on, and it’s that 4 Minutes song. That was quite an elaborate number and it was filmed really well. “Future center square, Kurt Hummel there, and his brassy hag Mercedes just tore that Madonna song a new one.”

7. Mandy says:

I listen to Touch me almost everyday. I love it!
    And bust your windows is a hundred times better than Firework. I think people are just forgetting because Firework was more recent?

8. Stacy says:

Wow, not one of the songs I voted for today is winning lol

9. Kate says:

No joking here at all but RJR is my favorite Season 1 performance and i know i am not alone there many people loved it! Do how is it loosing to SD, i love SD as well but its nower near the awesomeness of RJR!

10. Zizo says:

Toucha-A Toucha-A Toucha-A Touch Me is my favorite glee performance EVER! And it’s losing!!!!!!! HELL TO THE NO!!!

11. ADC says:

Sigh. I am not doing well in these polls at all. I love Bust your Windows (the staging of that was amazing and Mercedes sounded great), and Run Joey Run. Those song choices were inspired as opposed to the crap that is Firework. I didn’t care for the Safety Dance either since it was too busy. I guess it doesn’t matter since none of these will make it to the finals.

12. ThereasonsY says:

How is it possible that Bust Your Windows is losing to Firework?

13. Jason S says:

Really Slezak?? A Glee poll? Aren’t only 14 year old girls into Glee??

• Taylor says:

*looks at comments on this page*
      *looks at comments on other Glee bracket poll pages*
      *looks at comments on Glee-caps*
      *looks at people at Glee concerts*
      *looks at Slezak*
      *looks at friends who like Glee*
      *looks at self in mirror*

14. BRK says:

Mercedes kicked ass on Bust Your Windows. She was fierce. Fireworks was a standard cover; fine for the episode, but certainly wasn’t special.

Hell to the No rhymes Wheaties with diabetes. WIN!

15. jay says:

Run Joey run is so so awesome but Safety dance was one of the best parts of the tour. Dilemma.

16. PGP says:

Why no “Jar of Hearts” or the original songs “Loser like Me” and “Get it Right”…Lame!

• eddie says:

“Loser Like Me” beat “My Life Would Suck Without You” on day 3 voting, and will appear again in the round of 32. Look at entire bracket (link posted in main article above) before complaining about songs.

17. Mike says:

I loved Run Joey Run, mostly because it was so hilarious, but still.

Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me should win on Matthew Morrison’s torso alone.

I think every song I’ve voted for in the last three days has lost!

18. Cheri says:

I looked over and over the bracket for “Imagine” and was so bummed not to find it. It is easily in my top 5 all time favorites. Oh well. :(

19. Teresa says:

“Trouty Mouth” and “Hell to the No” are by far the best original songs from Glee. Sorry, gotta vote for HttN.

Also, I hated “Like a Virgin.” I thought it was the most unoriginal way to use that song ever. Times three. YMMV.

• Rachel says:

Agreed – I really hated how they used Like a Virgin. Not only was it super-uncomfortable and cliche, but it was also boring.

20. FelipeV says:

All my favs are losing right now… :S

21. Rachel says:

I’ll be sad if Firework beats Bust Your Windows. I definitely like the song better in general, but Katy Perry does a better job than Lea Michele, and Mercedes’ situation/performance was so much better than Rachel’s. The Glee version of Bust Your Windows is so much better, even if I do like the song Firework more.