Scoop! Burn Notice Spies Charisma Carpenter

Here’s some more fireworks for you: Charisma Carpenter is set to heat up USA Network’s Burn Notice, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The actress will guest-star in this season’s 11th episode as Nicki, a sharp-tongued, high-maintenance trophy wife whose not-so-better half, a bioweapons engineer, is a wanted man in cahoots with the Russians. Increasingly dissatisfied with her marriage, Nicki proves to be a pawn ripe for the manipulating in Michael and Fi’s effort to get to her husband.

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Burn Notice, White Collar and More

Fittingly, USA’s spy drama was among the shows Carpenter hailed when TVLine spoke with her at last month’s Thirst Project Gala. “I love White Collar and Burn Notice, and I am also obsessed with Sons of Anarchy, Shameless –- I cannot miss an episode — and Californication has been a huge favorite for years. I think Natascha McElhone is probably the most stunning woman that ever walked the Earth,” she raved. “[The cable networks] are just slammin’ it with the great shows.”

Carpenter’s most recent credits include the big-screen blockbuster The Expendables and the upcoming Lifetime movie Deadly Sibling Rivalry (in which she plays –wait for it — twins). But of course she is best known to TV fans for her role as Cordelia on Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, as well as from her runs on Veronica Mars and Greek.

Casting News: True Blood Baddie Gets Burn‘d

Now in its fifth season, Burn Notice airs Thursdays at 9/8c. (With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (18)

• I think ANGEL showed she can do anything….I wish she would get a weekly gig.LOVE her!

Comment by NickC – July 5, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She enjoyed my body.

Comment by Dave – July 6, 2011 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think ive seen her on tv since buffy D: Nice to see her on tv again :D

Comment by Allie – July 5, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously? You didn’t watch Veronica Mars? You need to go watch it! (Even Joss Whedon said it was one of his favorite shows.) She played “Kendall Casablancas” for an extended recurring character role on that show.

Comment by CMG – July 5, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CORDY!!!!!!!!

Comment by mayicallonyousometime – July 5, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Make her a REGULAR! Keep her and get rid of Jesse, PLEASE!

Comment by brutony – July 5, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMEN!!! From your lips to God’s..erm…Matt Nix’s ears!!

Comment by Kathryn – July 5, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I concur wholeheartedly.

Comment by SMidnite – July 5, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree so much!

Comment by Gabe – July 5, 2011 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t listen to them, USA network! Jesse is a good guy and should definitely stay. He adds extra help and skills to the team. If anything, use Charisma for one episode and move on. She’s good, but she’s not all that good.

Comment by Justin – July 5, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You learned that exclusively? I learned that like a week ago from Twitter.

Comment by P – July 5, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love LOVE this news, I’ve missed Charisma’s brand of sass. I hope she and Fiona rub each other the wrong way.

Comment by lauren – July 5, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope she rubs Fiona the right way!

Comment by Sally – July 6, 2011 04:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds good. Last time I saw CC was when she was on Legend of the Seeker. Not a fan of the above picture (she’s better as a brunette), but she looks great for her age.

Comment by ADC – July 5, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIKE!

Comment by Kirstin – July 5, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy Charisma is back (if briefly) on the small screen. I would LOVE to see her on Bones. Maybe an FBI agent or a forensic scientist…anything. The chemistry between CC and DB is wonderful and they could really play off one another. On Burn Notice, well, hey! Why couldn’t she be a love interest for Jesse? She wonderful and so underutilized as an actress.

Comment by Heidi – July 5, 2011 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME. I’m totally tuning in, I love her!

Comment by Ella – July 6, 2011 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post