Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Fringe, The Good Wife, Bones, Entourage, Burn Notice and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Will Peter come back in Season 4 of Fringe? Will Olivia find out the existence of Fauxlivia’s son? And, if so, how will she react? —Silvia
Ausiello:
I don’t have any concrete answers to those questions, but my gut is telling me probably, eventually and not well. Meanwhile, sources confirm that producers are casting a new recurring female character. Interested actresses should be Asian and between the age of 25 and 50. Got casting tips? Hit the comments. I’ll get you started: Ming-Na!

Question: Any more intel on Lisa Edelstein’s Good Wife role? Do you know the nature of her past connection to Will? —Tara
Ausiello:
I’m hearing she’s his ex — professionally speaking. They were once partners at the same law firm.

Question: Are we gonna get a Bones Christmas episode this season? They had one in Season 5, but not in Season 6. So I think it’s time dust off the mistletoe! —Hanna
Ausiello:
At this point, “nothing’s planned,” responds exec producer Stephen Nathan. “But since we will be airing in the middle of December, we might toss in a snowman or something. Could be a nice murder, thawing out Frosty and finding the clues in a puddle of water.” You mess with Frosty, you mess with my childhood. Tread lightly, Nathan. Tread lightly.

Question: Will we see Michael’s brother Nate on Burn Notice this season? —Jason
Ausiello:
Michael’s dumbass sib actually resurfaces in this Thursday’s episode with a new title: daddy! “He has a kid now” with new bride Ruth, previews series creator Matt Nix. “It’s just another thing Michael is dealing with. We really like having Seth [Petersen] around and part of this whole season is just dealing with who Michael is vis-à-vis his family and the people that he cares about. Nate is part of that.”

Question: Anything on the current season of The Glades? I’ll take anything. —Emily
Ausiello:
Vampire Diaries‘ Kayla Ewell is squeezing in a Glades guest spot before she resumes work on the CW hit. The actress will play a Miami bartender who may have ties to a man found murdered at the beach. And by “ties to” I mean “murdered in cold blood.”

Question: Does the news that Chord Overstreet will not be a series regular on Glee next season have anything to do with this Blind Item? —Chris
No, it sure doesn’t!

Question: There is a rumor that Jayma Mays is leaving Glee too. Please say it ain’t so! —Nicky
Ausiello:
It ain’t so! Mays’ contract option was definitely picked up. And to all those inquiring about the status of Ashley Fink, her rep assures me that she will be back on a recurring basis next season.

Question: It’s almost that time of the summer where we reunite with Vince and the guys for the final time. Got an Entourage scoop? —Peter C.
Ausiello:
Got several. The premiere picks up three months after Vince got busted for cocaine possession, with Drama, Turtle and Eric preparing for his release from rehab. Their meal ticket’s readjustment to sober living proves to be far more challenging for them than it does for Vince himself, especially when it comes to planning his alcohol-free homecoming bash. (I’ve got two words for you: Reverse. Intervention.) And if anyone could use a stiff drink it’s Eric, whose on-again/off-again relationship/engagement with Sloan is once again off… for now anyway. Ari, meanwhile, has a new archenemy, and he looks a lot like the guy pictured here.

Question: I was really starting to love Sarah Jane Morris on NCIS. Does USA Networks’ decision to pick up Common Law mean that EJ won’t be back? —Chris
Ausiello:
Morris only appears as a guest star in the Law pilot, so one thing has nothing to do with the other.

Question: Damages. Scoop? —James
Ausiello:
For the first time in the show’s history, producers have the freedom to end Season 4 (premiering July 13) with a doozy of a cliffhanger since DirecTV has already picked the show up for a fifth season. But exec producer Glenn Kessler tells me they plan to stick to their successful finale formula, wherein “we bring closer to the central case but [tease] that there’s more in the relationship between Patty and Ellen.” Kessler, meanwhile, says he already has an endgame in mind for the eventual series finale. “It revolves around the Patti-Ellen relationship,” he reveals. “We always envisioned the series as being an exploration of that relationship, and we have a sense of what the endpoint of that relationship would be. And once we know we’re going to end the series, we will end that relationship in a way that’s satisfying and hopefully enjoyable for the audience.”

Question: Is Supernatural the answer to your recent blind item about a hit show taking a flying leap? —Meredith
Nope.

Question: How’s your pilot watching coming? Any recommendations? —Heath
Ausiello:
I made a ton of headway on Pilot Watch 2011 over the long July 4th weekend, and here’s my Top 10 so far*:

1. Awake (midseason)
2. Smash (midseason)
3. Suburgatory
4. A Gifted Man
5. 2 Broke Girls
6. Once Upon a Time
7. Terra Nova
8. Alcatraz (midseason)
9. Pan Am
10. Revenge

Keep in mind, I have yet to watch such buzzy offerings as Prime Suspect, Grimm, Ringer, Hart of Dixie and Secret Circle, so this list will likely be tweaked in the coming days and weeks. In the meantime, Matt Mitovich recently started rolling out his own Fall TV First Impressions — and he actually uses sentences and stuff. First up: NBC’s Playboy Club and The CW’s Ringer.

Question: I can’t be the only one who is tired of the Neal/Peter tension on White Collar, right? Are they going to resolve this frakkin’ issue soon, or are they going to drag is out all season? I want to see the Neal/Peter friendship and camaraderie back. —Scott
Ausiello:
Considering that the episode they’re currently shooting revolves around the treasure mystery, I’m betting the tension will persist at least through the midseason finale  “This [episode] has a lot to do with the treasure,” confirms Tim DeKay. “Some questions will be answered, and some may not.”

Question: So Castle and Josh finally get into it on Castle! Amazing! But is it physical blows or just a shouting match? Please tell me it’s physical! —Kelis
It’s physical!

Question: Any scoop on Kristen Bell’s new Showtime series House of Lies? —Karen
Ausiello:
The show is casting a love interest for her character, and producers are looking for a twentysomething actor with a dirty sexy rocker vibe who’s comfortable with simulated intercourse, tasteful nudity and endless comparisons to Russell Brand in Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Question: I’ll take a Falling Skies scooplet, please. It’s my new obsession. —David
Ausiello:
We’ll bear witness to the 2nd Massachusetts’ suffers its first major casualty in this Sunday’s episode when [spoiler] gets *a**** by an *.*.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

1. AlAn says:

Who is Lisa Edelstein??????

2. Thaina says:

TGW fans we need to be better than her insane fans… Lisa is not a great actress, she is just ok. But remember: 3 episodes only!! We can handle with that.

• kEVIN says:

It will be hard! I’m thinking about don’t watch these 3 episodes!

• Ade says:

are you thinking about learning some English as well?

• ebowers says:

Well Kevin If you are going to purposefully skip three episodes just because an actress is going to do a short arc I have to wonder what kind of fan you are.
        I used to watch “House” but after the diaster of the season finale I was looking for a new tv show to get put on my watch list. I was going to check out “The Good Wife” as I kind of liked Juliana Marguiles from her early days “ER” I always liked her and Anthony Green and Sherry Springfield.
        I was going to check out the fall premiere and see if it is something I could get interested in but, after all the complaining and bad attitude I think I will stay away from the becoming a “The Good Wife”watcher.
        Thanks for the help

• BS says:

Sorry, you are not part of our TGW fandom, which is intelligent, respectful and generally have much better command of English. I call BS. Please go away.

3. Vannesa says:

Kristen Kruek, Zhang Zi Yi, Maggie Q, Gong Li, Michelle Yeoh, Lucy Liu or Tia Carrera for Fringe…would be great to see any of the above.

Castle…can’t wait to see how physical John & Castle get over Beckett. ;) Can’t wait for the season premiere. :D

4. Brit says:

I’m not sure how Olivia will find about Peter and Altlivia’s baby considering if Peter doesn’t exist, neither does his child.

• Kirk says:

Seems the writers are hell-bent to keep that dud of a story-line out there somewhere… Baby Henry and Peter may exist in another timeline…

5. sashay says:

I nominate Liza Lapira (Lisa on Traffic Light, also in new movie starring Ryan Gosling and Steve Carell) for the new role on Fringe.

6. Rachel says:

Aw, really? No one’s figured out the Falling Skies spoiler yet? I love that show, but I’m terrible at these asterisk things!!! As long as Hal, Karen and Matt are okay, I’ll be fine. I suppose I’ll find out soon enough!

• Christopher says:

For the Falling Skies asterisk tease, I have no idea who the character referred to is, but I’m pretty sure the first word is “caught”, as in caught by an *.*. I have no idea how anyone is supposed to be able to figure out the last word, when the clue is *.*. E.T. would be my only guess, but if that’s right then Ausiello’s being super-vague on purpose. Then again, I guess he figured there was no way to obfuscate “skitter” that we wouldn’t be able to guess. :)
      So I’m going with: gets CAUGHT by an E.T.
      Hope that helps…

7. Emily says:

So the other night I had a dream that you came into the store where I work and we talked about me working for you. It was basically awesome! Make my dreams come true and give me an NCIS scoop! Something Tiva related please!

8. lame says:

The mythology of Beckett is her hiding behind invisible walls shes’ built as a defense against emotional pain,and that Castle is the only one who breaches her defenses every now and then e.g. the hanger scene in Knockout and his ability to read her body language is terrifying to a control freak like her.
    All this is okay, but AWM saying he always intended to bring all the intimate stuff up in the final episode[3x24] is mind boggling. And add to that the scene with Becketts’ dad telling Castle he’s heard all these great things about him from Katie, now that is crap! That is cheating the fans of one half of the story!
    Now AWM is hinting that the skirting of issues is going to continue
    in season four,is truly sad. That routine has gotten old real fast. It’s about as wornout as the SO plotlines.

9. Christopher says:

For the role on Fringe: Depends on what type of character they’re trying to cast, but if they need anyone with some sex appeal, how about Christina Chang? She puts all the other actresses mentioned so far to shame. Just sayin’.

10. Jack's Mum says:

SO sick of people complaining about the Peter/Neal relationship in White Collar. That’s my favorite aspect of the show and I’m LOVING season 3. What, you want every episode to be the same thing, over and over? I love that they’ve shaken things up, and Jeff Eastin himself has said not to worry about the “bromance.” Lighten up or stop watching. Either way, stop complaining.

11. Kath says:

Thanks for the Castle scoop. Even a teeny scoop is appreciated.

Nothing against Sara Jane Morris but I really hope EJ is gone for good on NCIS. The show doesn’t need any more annoying, marginally competent characters.

I’m glad to see you liked Once Upon A Time. The premise sounds weird but I like Lana Parillo, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlyle so I’m rooting for it.

12. Ellen says:

How about if we just ignore ALL of you? You are making a joke of the entire House fandom with your immaturity. Do you guys think that executive producers of these shows pay attention to your rants? I’m sure they are smart enough to know why some of you will be showing up on certain forums to bash Jennifer Morrison or Lisa Edelstein. In fact, just about anyone is smart enough to recognize your tactics.