Report: 'Homesick' Vinny Has Left Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore cast member Vinny Guadagnino apparently celebrated his own form of Independence Day early by packing his bags and bailing on the GTL gang prior to the holiday weekend, just as the Season 5 shoot was getting underway. And to hear some tell it, he won’t be returning to the MTV series.

MTV Rep Denies Jersey Shore Season 5 Recast Plan

“Seeing his family the other day [during Jersey Shore's Season 4 shoot in Italy] made him get a little homesick,” UsMagazine.com quotes a source as saying. “He left [the Seaside Heights base camp] and is home [in Staten Island]. I don’t think he will be back.”

An MTV spokesperson, per policy, won’t comment on what happens when the series is in production, but promised that fans “will have answers when Season 5 premieres.” All together now: Whew!

Jersey Shore‘s ‘The Situation’ Scores New MTV Deal

The Italy-based Season 4 of Jersey Shore premieres August 4.

Comments (15)

• I really couldn’t care less. It’s mindless entertainment whoevers on it (something I watch when I’m ill in winter with a big duvet thinking ‘wow, people act like this’)

Comment by Matt – July 3, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TMZ just posted some video of Vinny leaving the house alone late at night in a cab. I think this report is true. No more original Jersey Shore cast.

Comment by Junior G. – July 3, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It would be even better if there were no more “Jersey Shore” at all!!

Comment by Gwen – July 3, 2011 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good for him. He’s always seemed like one of the more sensible cast members. And it’s good to know someone among that idiot bunch has had enough of whoring themselves out for that piece of trash tv show.

Comment by Matthew Thomas – July 3, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is obviously a publicity stunt. I doubt he would get homesick when he’s making that much money for doing basically nothing but party.

Comment by Dick Whitman – July 3, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOO. Vinny is the best!

Comment by John – July 3, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So if you don’t like the show or don’t care then why are some of you reading this and making rude comments? If you don’t like the show then don’t read the post! Sad to see him go but no point in him staying of he didn’t want to.

Comment by AJ – July 3, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wasn’t like he was that far from them to be so homesick.

Comment by BP – July 3, 2011 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll be back! Angelina left and came back then Sammi left and came back. You have to make some drama in the show some how. Vinny is a smart guy and will realize after this weekend that nobodys going to pay him what MTV is giving the cast members now. Ride the wave until it crashes back down on to the Real Jersey Shore.

Comment by JDS – July 3, 2011 04:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That picture of him freaks me out. Something about the eyes.

Comment by Michael – July 3, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not surprised I love Jersey Shore but this cast is all making too much money with personal appearances and stuff. They don’t need the show.

Comment by mandy – July 3, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vinny truly is the man! With a college degree a solid family background and the only one who can keep his dignity….while banging anything that moves…he happens to be quite talented in many other areas.He acts,for real,sings for real,and actually uses his brain! Trust me, hes got the best in front of him.Follow my son on Twitter and read between the lines. Buy one of his teeshirts on ihav.org.Watch him in The Hard Times of R.J.Burger,season 2 ,episode 2.Remember,I know.I helped raise him.Hes my DNA!…Hes gonna kill me when he reads this!

Comment by vinnie guadagnino Sr. – July 7, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • anthony dell agrees……………great kid……..great family.

Comment by anthony – September 5, 2012 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post