Report: 'Homesick' Vinny Has Left Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore cast member Vinny Guadagnino apparently celebrated his own form of Independence Day early by packing his bags and bailing on the GTL gang prior to the holiday weekend, just as the Season 5 shoot was getting underway. And to hear some tell it, he won’t be returning to the MTV series.

MTV Rep Denies Jersey Shore Season 5 Recast Plan

“Seeing his family the other day [during Jersey Shore's Season 4 shoot in Italy] made him get a little homesick,” UsMagazine.com quotes a source as saying. “He left [the Seaside Heights base camp] and is home [in Staten Island]. I don’t think he will be back.”

An MTV spokesperson, per policy, won’t comment on what happens when the series is in production, but promised that fans “will have answers when Season 5 premieres.” All together now: Whew!

Jersey Shore‘s ‘The Situation’ Scores New MTV Deal

The Italy-based Season 4 of Jersey Shore premieres August 4.

1. Matt says:

I really couldn’t care less. It’s mindless entertainment whoevers on it (something I watch when I’m ill in winter with a big duvet thinking ‘wow, people act like this’)

2. Junior G. says:

TMZ just posted some video of Vinny leaving the house alone late at night in a cab. I think this report is true. No more original Jersey Shore cast.

3. Matthew Thomas says:

Good for him. He’s always seemed like one of the more sensible cast members. And it’s good to know someone among that idiot bunch has had enough of whoring themselves out for that piece of trash tv show.

4. Dick Whitman says:

This is obviously a publicity stunt. I doubt he would get homesick when he’s making that much money for doing basically nothing but party.

5. John says:

NOOOOOO. Vinny is the best!

6. AJ says:

So if you don’t like the show or don’t care then why are some of you reading this and making rude comments? If you don’t like the show then don’t read the post! Sad to see him go but no point in him staying of he didn’t want to.

7. BP says:

It wasn’t like he was that far from them to be so homesick.

8. JDS says:

He’ll be back! Angelina left and came back then Sammi left and came back. You have to make some drama in the show some how. Vinny is a smart guy and will realize after this weekend that nobodys going to pay him what MTV is giving the cast members now. Ride the wave until it crashes back down on to the Real Jersey Shore.

9. Michael says:

That picture of him freaks me out. Something about the eyes.

10. mandy says:

I am not surprised I love Jersey Shore but this cast is all making too much money with personal appearances and stuff. They don’t need the show.

11. vinnie guadagnino Sr. says:

Vinny truly is the man! With a college degree a solid family background and the only one who can keep his dignity….while banging anything that moves…he happens to be quite talented in many other areas.He acts,for real,sings for real,and actually uses his brain! Trust me, hes got the best in front of him.Follow my son on Twitter and read between the lines. Buy one of his teeshirts on ihav.org.Watch him in The Hard Times of R.J.Burger,season 2 ,episode 2.Remember,I know.I helped raise him.Hes my DNA!…Hes gonna kill me when he reads this!