TVLine Items: Bones Brings On New Big Bad, Sons of Anarchy Throws a Wedding, and More
Doesn’t sound too menacing, but details surrounding Bones‘ Season 7 big bad have surfaced and he (or she) sounds spooky.
Bones EP Stephen Nathan describes this new villain as “someone who is an extremely odd and fearless foe,” though “much more… 21st-century” than previous nemeses.
Nathan tells TVGuide.com this “nefarious character” will surface at the end of Episode 6 — aka Emily Deschanel’s final episode before her maternity leave. Once the actress returns for new episodes, “We will follow [the new villain] for a little bit this season and perhaps next.” Casting ideas? (James Marsters, anyone?) Hit comments!
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Opie’s going to the chapel, and he’s gonna get married! FX’s Sons of Anarchy returns this September, and EW.com has a first look photo at Ryan Hurst’s burly biker tying the knot with Charming’s resident porn star-with-a-heart-of-gold, Lyla (played by Winter Ave Zoli). And yes, that does appear to be Randy Mantooth (Emergency!, Loving) officiating the ceremony.
SOA boss Kurt Sutter also just shared this Season 4 promo via his blog, and it’s full of a buzz-cut Jax, semi-automatics, and a fitting Red Hot Chili Peppers song. Take a peek below:
• Mega-producers Ron Howard and Brian Grazer are teaming up with the folks behind The Amazing Race for TNT’s new reality show, The Great Escape, per TV Guide Magazine. The competition series will drop contestants into the middle of their own action flick, forcing them to use their wits to escape.
• Watch What Happens Live host Andy Cohen is going on vacation, leaving funnyman — and self-proclaimed Real Housewives addict — Jay Mohr at the helm on Sunday, July 10, EW.com reports.
• The Bold and the Beautiful fave Joanna Johnson (ex-Karen/Caroline) is returning to the CBS sudser for a four-episode stint starting July 22, per TV Guide Magazine.
• CBS has announced that country star Martina McBride will replace Lionel Ritchie as musical guest on the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular, airing Monday, July 4 at 10/9c.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?