Blind Item: Hit Show Takes a Flying Leap

Bones won’t be the only show doing the time warp this fall. Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that another hourlong hit with a crazy-rabid, er, passionate fan base will jump forward in time — but there’s a twist.

Unlike Bones, which is implementing a six-month bounce between Seasons 6 and 7, the show in question will pick up right where last May’s season-ending cliffhanger left off… and then flash forward at some point during the episode.

Hot for Summer: Your July Premieres Calendar

The insider wouldn’t reveal the exact magnitude of the time jump, except to say that it will be somewhere between three and 18 months. The source adds, somewhat cryptically, that, “Things are very different when the action picks up. A lot happens during that [skipped] time.”

Think you know which show I’m talking about? Hit the comments with your theories! Looking for additional clues? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello and you may get your wish!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item, Fall TV Preview, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Samantha says:

Chuck. We’ve been known to be called crazy, it had a major cliff-hanger and a time-jump would allow their spy agency to pick up, allow Morgan to learn to use the Intersect, and would help the possibility of Chuck and Sarah having a baby before the last-ever (tear) episode.

2. Kate says:

The timing fits Castle, which will need to take a time leap for Beckett to recover from the shooting.

But while Castle fans are fanatical about their show, ‘rabid’ is not a term I’d apply to them. To House fans and Bones fans, yes. I think it takes a decline in the quality of the show before you begin to have rabid fans fighting disappointed ones.

3. Leigh says:

My money is on the mentalist or fringe

4. Jooshua says:

‘Supernatural’ is my favorite show followed by ‘Chuck’ and I love
    ‘Fringe’ and ‘Castle’.. and even though that picture looks like Jensen Ackles or Joshua Jackson.. it seems like ‘Castle’ is the only show that would be considered a hit out of those four.

5. Shannon says:

Crazy rabid fans? That has SUPERNATURAL written all over it. I stopped watching because of the fans and how ridiculous they acted over a fictional show.

• Jess says:

Don’t forget the huddytards, those insane fangirls send death threats to all the people involved with House when huddy ended!

• Sam says:

That’s one thing I’ve never heard of Supernatural fans doing is sending death threats… o_o

• Penelope says:

No actually those were the hameron morons when their favorite actress was fired bc she couldn´t act

• Kim says:

Yes, the huddys are crazy! Their behaviour, especially on twitter, has been awful and they didn’t stop, even now they keep insulting the actors, the writers, the producers. What a bunch of obnoxious people!

6. Fluba says:

I, like many others, thought Chuck, but House works too. Can’t wait to see which is right.

7. Ashley says:

I’m going to guess “Criminal Minds”. The showrunners eluded to a small time jump elsewhere and, besides, they have to allow for time to re-establish JJ on the team AND bring Emily back.

8. gater says:

CASTLE.
    You know why? Because the fans made a mockery of themselves on tvline’s poll for Emmy drama actress. That’s why Michael said rabid at the start. He’s seen it for himself on his site.

9. Melanie says:

One word show names w/ rabid fanbases:
    Supernatural
    Chuck
    Fringe
    Castle
    House

Hmmm — first one I thought of was Chuck.

I doubt its going to be Supernatural – could be any of them really.

10. Liz says:

“Crazy rabids?” Grey’s?

11. Liana in San Diego says:

Can’t be House, because it is no longer a hit show. Fringe has a rabid fan base, but it’s not a big hit; True Blood already did the time warp, and other than NCIS (the only BIG true hit on TV) the others are just good fun shows. Castle makes sense because of Beckett being in hospital. Should be interesting all the way around to see what happens come fall.

12. Sarah says:

Im guessing supernatural :)

13. Master_K says:

I’m probably so wrong but I’m just going to throw One Tree Hill out there because they often do time jumps between seasons and since it’s coming back mid-season this year I could totally see it happening.

14. H50Fan says:

Hawaii Five-0.

So McGarrett doesn’t have to spend forever in jail wrapping up how he (of course) gets cleared of the Governor’s murder, which he was charged with in the S1 finale, & can rejoin the team/return to being their leader ASAP.

The producers HAVEN’T said anything about a time jump in episode 2.01, specifically, but they’ve sounded like they’re trying to wrap up the “McGarrett in jail” storyline in the S2 premiere episode when I’ve read H50 S2 preview articles.

15. Lisalot says:

It’s “Supernatural”. With all the outcry over Cas turning “bad”, that show needed a reset.

16. Julie says:

Supernatural, Fringe, Castle >>>I’m betting in these three :/I Can’t wait to see this. Love the three series!! XD

17. Stacie says:

I think that the show could be Nikita. After all, story line wise it would make sense to jump a bit into the future.

18. rachelle says:

i inexplicably believe this is about Castle.

19. Amanda says:

I’m thinking Grey’s Anatomy. Depending on the length of time that is going to be leapt, we’ll get to see either a pregnant Christina, Christina with a baby, or the aftermath of her abortion.

My first thought was NCIS and Tony’s mole hunt but I think that that storyline will be drawn out more. House is another good suggestion with the likely prison term that House will have to serve.

One other possibility is Criminal Minds. (I am a rabid fan.) Maybe the leap will bring Prentiss back into the fold.

20. ST says:

How I Met Your Mother, perhaps?

21. lester says:

It’s not HIMYM it says an hour long drama, and on ausiellos twitter account it says its a one-word titled show.

22. Julia says:

Could it be HIMYM? I mean its not action per say but they are skipping ahead to the wedding aren’t they or maybe I am just confused…

23. lester says:

sorry not hour long drama just an hour long show

24. PFitzDC says:

So many options…
    Most likely to me are House, Private Practice and Castle. (Could also be Grey’s–but I don’t see it picking up “right” where it left off.)

25. Claire says:

It’s got to be either ” Castle” or “Chuck.”. No one is even slightly “rabid” about “House” anymore.

26. dlg says:

castle. definitely.

27. Romain says:

I hate blind items. Either have the guts of telling us precisely who or what you are talking about or don’t even bother mentioning anything. I don’t get what kind of enjoyment you can possibly gain from reading pages and pages of pure speculation from your readers in the comments section.

28. Christina says:

Hands down it’s Castle! Marlowe said he was toying with that thought and, which other show has the craziest, most devoted fans ever? CASTLE!

29. Joy says:

t might be Castle, just because he’s comparing it to
    Bones. However, as someone mentioned before, if it’s Castle, it’s a waste of a blind item, since back in May Marlowe said they were going to set up season four starting a few minutes after Beckett got shot and then later jumping ahead. Also, if Castle is showing the direct aftermath of the shooting and then ‘jumping’ ahead to the fall, it’s more like the show starts in flashback and then ‘jumps’ to present time. The item being hinted at sounds like its jump will put the show more out of synch with real time.

With an 18 month jump, House would probably make the most
    sense…didn’t that fanbase post something in Variety about Cuddy leaving…

30. Stephb says:

90210, it will address Naomi, etc. and then skip to when they are in college.

31. Jenny says:

Well, my first thought was Chuck, but House could also work. I just think Chuck fans are a little more passionate than House fans! Either way, I would be interested in seeing a time jump on these 2 shows!

32. nitemar says:

It’s House. 18 months in jail, House has to make time for what he did,I mean he’s got to, he almost killed inocent people; and enough time to resolve Cuddy’s exit. \o/

33. molly says:

clue one: hour long hit
    clue two: will start off immediately after and jump during the episode
    clue three: passionate fan base
    clue four: one word title

CONCLUSION: CASTLE

It’s a procedural that can’t happen if Beckett’s in a hospital gurney. Obviously a time cut is essential and will prevent all the melodrama and get back to the light hearted, happy Castle flow.

not a doubt in my mind. All these other guesses are preposterous.

34. Literate says:

ONE WORD TITLE!!! Try reading ALL clues before making a post!

• Scruffy says:

Yep, David Shore can’t write the back half of a story to save his life. Of course he’s going to go for a time jump. That way he can start fresh with yet another pointless story that he’s never going to complete or do Justice to. Lazy, David. VERY lazy. I hope you make sure he gets called on that when he gets to the pearly gates.

35. Erika says:

I’m thinking House – what kind of medical story can go on with him on an island? And explain Cuddy’s absence?

36. k says:

I honestly can’t see how it’s not Castle. It fits the criteria of the blind item perfectly. As many have said; Marlowe confirmed immediately after the finale aired that the premiere would begin minuets or so after the events of the cliffhanger and then there would be a time jump somewhere during the episode. I’d say they’re skipping at least 3-6 months (Beckett’s recovery time) ahead after (what most of us have assumed will be) the whole hospital fiasco; including the highly anticipated brawl between Castle and Josh. As for the comment that said a lot has happened during skipped time, well I myself would say that’s been the introductory of the new captain, maybe Castle’s hiding of the information (Montgomery sent him) about Beckett’s Mom’s case from her, Possibly (I say possibly not definitely) Beckett and Josh’s break up, etc. Plus it does say things would be very different after that time and I recall Marlowe saying that ultimately the show won’t be changing but things will be very different.

37. Emma Mills says:

I’m gonna say Chuck. They only have like 13 episodes left – a time jump could help get them to a place where loose ends are tied up plausibly.

38. Virginie says:

Pretty sure it’s Castle. Andrew Marlowe’s already said he thought about doing something like that. Plus, it makes sense given that Beckett can’t be in the hospital during the entire season premiere.

39. l says:

speaking of rabid fanbase, I don’t know much about the other shows’ fandoms, but Castle’s fandom is definitely not rabid.very vocal may be, but not rabid. you want rabid? look for ichiruki FC or ichihime FC (from bleach)
    speaking of time jump, I think of Castle too, but since it is too obvious(AM has confirmed that), may be the show in question here is not Castle.

40. jana says:

oh please not supernatural they just did that if so much happened why not just show it happening instead of resetting yet again?

41. Guy says:

Its so Castle. It has to be. What other show could it be? Well House is the only other.

42. Amy says:

My first thought was The Vampire Diaries. “Crazy rabid” quote made me think of Stefan’s new ripper sidekick role – and if they fast forwarded a bit, they could have him back in Mystic Falls quicker and adding to the whole Damon/Elena/Stefan love triangle.

43. Arwen says:

Does anyone else think its Castle?

44. tangodancer says:

Its either Castle or House. Castle because Becket can’t be in the hospital half of the season, so thery can jump 3 months..House 18 months of jailtime for being closed of being a mass muerderer. And I really hope this is the last season for House.

45. sfd says:

could be castle, though I’m thinking house is more probable…

46. He-Touches-Things says:

If it’s Castle, it’s old news. At least for those of us who hang around CastleTV.Net

47. Jenny says:

I was thinking Fringe maybe?

48. Kevin says:

Community, perhaps?

49. Athar says:

Hmm… I think it could be Fringe…

It could pick up where we left the season 3 finale with Peter disappearing and then make a jump to see how the characters move on from what happened with the Machine.

Just and idea :)