Fall TV Preview

Blind Item: Hit Show Takes a Flying Leap

Bones won’t be the only show doing the time warp this fall. Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that another hourlong hit with a crazy-rabid, er, passionate fan base will jump forward in time — but there’s a twist.

Unlike Bones, which is implementing a six-month bounce between Seasons 6 and 7, the show in question will pick up right where last May’s season-ending cliffhanger left off… and then flash forward at some point during the episode.

Hot for Summer: Your July Premieres Calendar

The insider wouldn’t reveal the exact magnitude of the time jump, except to say that it will be somewhere between three and 18 months. The source adds, somewhat cryptically, that, “Things are very different when the action picks up. A lot happens during that [skipped] time.”

Think you know which show I’m talking about? Hit the comments with your theories! Looking for additional clues? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello and you may get your wish!

Tags:

Comments (437)

• Castle, Fringe or House. Definetly one of these three.

Comment by Frank – July 1, 2011 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chuck, House or Supernatural. However, compared to House and Supernatural I don’t believe Chuck has as ‘rabid’ a fan base. However, I could be wrong, don’t watch Chuck, or Supernatural for that matter. Hope to God it’s House ’cause then we can all pretend the travesty of a season finale didn’t happen.

Comment by Kirsty – July 1, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Considering Chuck’s fanbase has helped keep the show on the air despite all odds, I think it’s big enough in this case to potentially be the show this spoiler refers too. I can see House or Supernatural, but my vote still goes Chuck.

Comment by Barrows – July 1, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has to be Castle. Marlowe already said that exact scenario was going to happen.

Comment by Ann – July 1, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marlowe did say that’s what Castle was doing, and he said it a while ago…wouldn’t that take it off the blind item list?

Comment by Joy – July 1, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking Castle. It had a huge cliff hanger and Creater, Andrew Marlowe, said that there would be a time jump.

Comment by Shelby – July 1, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I vote for Criminal Minds. They have to bring back a ‘dead’ character.

Comment by Kathi – July 1, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first instict told me : Grey’s Anatomy or Desperate Housewives. But perhaps it may be House, or Gossip Girl? It has to be on of these 4 shows!

Comment by Ingmar – July 1, 2011 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my first thought was csi:miami.

Comment by iceturkee – July 1, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, I doubt that just ONE show will do the “pick up where we left off, then jump forward” move. It’s common practice for season premieres. Castle, at least, will HAVE to do that. I imagine House will need to jump forward, although they might not pick up where they left off first. Same for SPN. They’ll want to show us what Cas has become.

Comment by Ace – July 1, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gotta go Chuck on this one. Screams Chuck IMO.

Comment by Barrows – July 1, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to go with Castle.

Comment by christine – July 1, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Criminal Minds? They need to bring someone back from the dead this season. A time-jump would help that process along.

Comment by dee – July 1, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • But that would be a cop-out

Comment by Herb Finn – July 3, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SVU maybe?

Comment by Laura – July 1, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my first thought. But who knows, the details are pretty general. It could be nearly any show on the air.

Comment by Ashley – July 1, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl definitely has a RABID fanbase!

Comment by S – July 1, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is the Killing.

Comment by Ginny – July 1, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle was my first thought. Showing Beckett recover from a gunshot wound is boring. Have Doctor boyfriend save her life, then fast forward to her coming back to work.

Comment by Michelle – July 1, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle.

Andrew Marlowe already mentioned in an interview that they would pick up with the immediate aftermath from the shooting and then time-jump during the episode to cover the recouperation period.

Comment by Marie – July 1, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Toss my hat in the ring for Chuck. Morgan needs time to train….

Comment by Jackie – July 1, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle. No question.

Comment by Heather – July 1, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • im guessing chuck…. seems to fit.

Comment by allison – July 1, 2011 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m surprised no one has mentioned Glee yet… Granted the cliffhanger thing seems to detract but the crazy fanbase thing definitely describes the Glee fandom…

Comment by Christine – July 1, 2011 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obviously Castle, people. We’ve already been told as much. There WILL be a time jump during the episode, AFTER picking up right where we left off, and in the meantime, the new Captain will be in place. And our fanbase can certainly be described as “rabid” since we seem to get into the most face-offs with other shows’ fans. Maybe another show is doing this as well, but Castle most definitely IS. There isn’t any doubt.

Comment by KR – July 1, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is CHUCK. The episode starts right in the room with Morgan and the gang and then jumps ahead to six months later.

Comment by Jack – July 1, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Gossip Girl fanbase is really scary- so I’m betting on that.

Comment by G – July 1, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh c’mon this is so obviously Amc’s The Killing

Comment by Joe – July 1, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Killing finale was in June, not May.

Comment by Yo Mama – July 1, 2011 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m have a few thoughts. The first that came to mind was Castle. The flashforward could be used for introducing the new Captain.

Then there’s VD where they could flashforward to Stefan being all dark and evil but then it didn’t really end on a cliffhanger.

We could toss in Grey’s since it kind of ended on a cliffhanger but the flashforward serves no purpose that I can think of. Unless it’s a fast way to bring the couples back together but it makes no sense for the story line.

Then there’s House and Private Practice.

But all of these shows don’t really have a cliffhanger per se. The only ones that really qualify are Grey’s and Castle: will the couples get back together?/Will Beckett survive?

But we already know the answer to those questions so I don’t know if even those qualify as “cliffhangers”.

Comment by blahdeeblah – July 1, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess would be Chuck as they did something like it in the first episode of season 3 as well.

Comment by Mat – July 1, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Passionate fan-base, and a cliffhanger: It’s Chuck.

Comment by Elina – July 1, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Has to be Castle. Minutes after Kate was shot…then skip through her recovery to the day she comes back to work.

Comment by CC – July 1, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is Hawaii 5-O, CSI Miami, or The Mentalist-all big cliffhangers.

Comment by Randi – July 1, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is House, it has House written all over it. All to do with Cuddy leaving, etc. Boring.

Comment by Victoria – July 1, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess is maybe NCIS. I just have a feeling about it. I may be entirely wrong, and I probably am. But that’s just my first thought when reading this.

Comment by Chris – July 1, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Supernatural at first, but you said what “Hit” TV show, etc, and Supernatural is loved by many, and has a loyal and passionate fan base, but a “Hit” show? Probably not, and really too bad, cuz it should be!!!!!

Comment by jily4 – July 1, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im gonna guess Chuck :P It makes sense :)

Comment by Jordy – July 1, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one guessed Nikita or even Two and a Half Men?

Comment by J.R. – July 1, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My money is on Castle for sure!

Comment by Ann – July 1, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be Supernatural. He said between seasons 6 and 7, so it can’t be Chuck OR House. SPN has CRAZY fans (I’m one of ‘em, so no judgement) and it would make sense with how last season ended.

Comment by Mel – July 1, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Unlike Bones, which is implementing a six-month bounce between Seasons 6 and 7″

the 6-7 is talking about Bones, not the mystery show.

Comment by Sam – July 1, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Castle. Definitely.

Comment by tam – July 1, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be Castle! That way we find out what exactly happens in the moments after the finale, but we flash forward to Kate being recovered and back a the precinct!

Comment by Jenn – July 1, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural

Comment by ceceo2 – July 1, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh never mind, can’t be Two and a Half Men since that ended in February not May. Can still be Nikita. In an interview Silverstein said the premiere will pick up right where the season finale left off, but that doesn’t contradict the statement of a flash forward *during* the episode.

Comment by J.R. – July 1, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could be Grey’s, since they’ll have to do something – either recast Derek and Meredith’s baby, or do a time jump.

Comment by JayCeeJ – July 1, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Got to be Criminal Minds.

Comment by Beth – July 1, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter?

Comment by Mary – July 1, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe

Comment by Brandon – July 1, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CASTLE!!! I’m pretty sure I read that there would be a short time jump right after the finale aired.

Comment by JS – July 1, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRINGE!

Comment by nellycooke@hotmail.co.uk – July 1, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m thinking it might be Fringe.

Comment by Kate – July 1, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it’s House. They’ll have to do something like this to explain Cuddy’s sudden disappearance and to get it to a point in time where it might actually not be rediculous to think House could be working back at the hospital. I think doing something like this would piss off fewer fans than to act like nothing happened & have him face no consequences. I still won’t watch Season 8 though.

Comment by JB – July 1, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post