TVLine Items: ABC Sets AMC End Date, The Voice Season 2 Coaches Revealed, and More!

I suspect longtime soap fans will want to save this date: All My Children‘s final episode airs on Friday, September 23.

In making the announcement, ABC promised that AMC “will end in a manner that respects the show’s legacy and honors its history,” with the series’ final episodes paying tribute to “the stories of the families that fans have grown to know and love over the years.”

In addition to previously announced returnees such as Josh Duhamel, Eva La Rue, Carol Burnett, ABC has confirmed that Leven Rambin (Grey’s Anatomy) will make her way back to Pine Valley as Jackson Montgomery’s autistic daughter, Lily.

Meanwhile, AMC‘s replacement, “lifestyle series” The Chew, is slated to premiere Monday, September 26. Please contain your excitement.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Rejoice, Voice fans! All four judges — that means Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Blake Shelton, and Cee Lo Green — will return to NBC’s big red swivel chairs next season.

• In sad soap news, As the World Turns vet Anthony Herrera has died at the age of 67. According to MichaelFairmanSoaps.com, the beloved Oakdale super-villian passed away on June 21 in Buenos Aires after a decades-long battle with the rare mantle cell lymphoma. Herrera’s ATWT costar Martha Byrne took to Twitter Wednesday to express her grief. “RIP Anthony Herrera…so many great memories,” she wrote. “He died in a place he loved…God Bless.”

• Funnylady Joan Rivers and Amadeus‘ Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham are set to guest star on the second season of FX’s Louie, per EW.com. Rivers appears in the fourth episode as herself.

• BBC America will air U.K.’s hit comedy Free Agents in tandem with NBC’s launch of the U.S. offshoot this fall. Added bonus: Buffy‘s Anthony Stewart Head appears in both series as the same character!

• G4 fans, take note: NBC plans to air the two-hour season finale of American Ninja Warrior on August 22 at 9 pm.

• BIO Channel has renewed Aftermath with William Shatner for a second season, set to bow July 5.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Sivat says:

Rumor has it the AMC finale is TWO HOURS.

2. Shannon says:

So sad about AMC. Soaps have been a part of daytime TV for decades. It’s a shame they are being run out of town by stupid “lifetyle” shows. Don’t we have entire networks devoted to those???

3. mes says:

I hate ABC!!

4. tazzy says:

I’ve eliminated all ABC shows from my DVR except All My Children, The Middle and Castle. Everything else — about seven shows in all — are gone.

It may not make a difference to ABC, but it makes a big difference to me!

• Miffy says:

So you’re doing a boycott, but not really? You’re still watching ABC shows. You’re like one of those “vegetarians” who eat fish and/or chicken. How dumb.

5. Amy says:

I would just like to say that “The Chew” is the worst name for a series I have ever heard.

• april-ann says:

With “The Revolution” coming in a close second. ABC is replacing those beloved soaps with infomercials. Fans deserve so much better. ABC does not deserve to have any viewers.

6. Barb says:

Never have wanted a show to fail as much as I do for the chew (worst name ever for a show).

7. cmp says:

I’m disappointed that The Voice is keeping the same judges for Season 2. I think it would be a groundbreaking idea to change the coaches each season for a fresh perspective and different tastes each time. At least every two years so we don’t get burned on them like we did on the AI judges.

• Ghost of Kelly Clarkson says:

CMP, I agree with you. I loved seeing how closely this season’s coaches bonded with their team members, and have to believe that there are others in the industry who could do the same next season. After all, it’s exposure for the stars as well: I’d never heard of Blake Shelton before The Voice, but based on what I saw over the past 10 or so weeks, I may have to change my opinion of country music.

• CraigJ says:

This!! I like the idea of changing coaches too. Maybe they will for season 3…dont wanna take a chance messing up the formula that was a success for S1. It’s already been announced that Randy Jackson is coming back to Idol yet again??? WTF? Does he have dirt on Nigel or something? Very few fans of the show want The dog back. I sure hope X-Factor is good. Was looking so forward to it when Cheryl Cole was going to be a judge. Her talent may be questionable but her charisma is out of this world. Paula probably was jealous of her cuz she is smoking hot!

8. MJ says:

So sorry about Anthony Herrera. Loathed his character, but loved the actor.

9. swthompson says:

I think the Voice has coaches– not judges.

10. Bill says:

Oh dear, All My Children is going off the air. What will all the morons, welfare moms, and fat people watch?

11. sabrina says:

I think your comment was vey rude, i will have you k ow that not only fat people and welfare moms watch soaps so maybe you should get your facts straight before you keep running your nasty mouth!!!