Comic-Con

Dollhouse Alum Vamps for Syfy's Being Human

Burgeoning genre-TV queen Dichen Lachman has found something new to sink her teeth into — the role of a bloodsucker, on Being Human.

The exotic onetime Dollhouse denizen is joining the Syfy drama in the series regular role of Izumi, “a reclusive, centuries-old vampire who causes upheaval” when she returns to her old Boston stomping grounds, Variety reports.

Since Dollhouse‘s doors closed, Lachman has guest-starred on NCIS: LA and Hawaii Five-0. She can next be seen (cough) turning heads on Torchwood: Miracle Day, which premieres July 8 on Starz.

Comments (30)

• I loved her as Sierra/Priya! Dichen and Sam Witwer together just might make my TV melt.

Comment by Tally – June 30, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea! I love Joss, but she and Enver Gjokaj were hands down the best part of the mess known as Dollhouse. Would love to see Enver in something more permanent than an one-off guest shot on Community.

Comment by Erin – June 30, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! My thoughts exactly! Enver and Dichen were the only reason I tuned in to Dollhouse. I found their story more interesting than Eliza’s subpar acting. They were the best things about the show. I’m still not convinced Eliza Dushku is lead actress material especially in a role that required serious acting chops…

Comment by Anne – June 30, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ditto. I watched every episode because it’s Joss, but I pretty much hated Eliza’s character/storylines. ugh…
        Loved everyone else though!

Comment by mars – June 30, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Dichen Lachman was a fave on the show, more so than Dushku but my fave was Miracle Laurie’s Mellie, I was annoyed to see her character get spindled and tossed.

Comment by Thespia – July 5, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree!! Loved them both on Dollhouse and Enver needs to get back on my TV asap!

Comment by megan – June 30, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Word. He was on an ep of Community this season and was excellent. Enver was the character in Dollhouse that seemed to have the most range. He was amazing! I hope he returns to TV regularly soon!

Comment by Asha – July 4, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Couldn’t agree more. Both of them turned Dollhouse from a so-so show into something amazing. Also hope to see Fran Kranz in a show permanently.

Comment by sashay – June 30, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ITA. Enver’s impersonation of Topher? PRICELESS.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 30, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg, best news ever! I’ve been waiting for Dichen to get another regular role, and now it’s on one of my favorite shows. Freaking awesome. Next I hope to hear something about Enver.

Comment by Amber – June 30, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • didnt think Being Human could get any better…Guess i was wrong

Comment by ggny – June 30, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm, I may have to give this show another chance (got bored last season). Love Dichen, and she was definitely one of the best parts of Dollhouse.

Comment by XK – June 30, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is fantastic news. Dichen and Enver were the best part of Dollhouse, I have to agree. I fast-forwarded through all of the rest (except for choice bits with Topher.) I can’t wait! :D

Comment by ShaeShae – June 30, 2011 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess she’s supposed to be the US equivalent of original UK character Daisy?

Comment by AM – June 30, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The North American remake of Being Human is awful. I tried watching three episodes but it was painful and I had to quit. Now if she were joining the original UK series, I’d be excited!

Comment by Sivat – June 30, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you there. I tried to watch it and just had to stop; the original’s casting just can’t be beat. Each of the UK actors is perfect. I, however, am not continuing to watch the original next season because of Mitchell’s demise. I refuse, lol

Comment by Danielle H. – June 30, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “I, however, am not continuing to watch the original next season because of Mitchell’s demise. I refuse”

So, you’re not even going to give it a chance just because Aidan Turner won’t be back (as he’s filming ‘The Hobbit’)? Even though series creator Toby Whithouse is still at the helm? Doesn’t seem like you’re being entirely fair.

Yes, everyone liked Mitchell, but I have faith that Toby will still be able to tell us a good story. Why not at least watch the first one and try to give it a chance?

Comment by AM – July 1, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like good news to me. Love Being Human (the US version)!

Comment by Justin – June 30, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she looks like a friggin alien. this person will be the only reason for me NOT to watch season 2 of being human…..do not want

Comment by vampkitti – June 30, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ah… so her high cheekbones and eye shape make her look “alien?”
      That’s really racist.

Comment by Lyonside – June 30, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the SyFy Being Human. I think the cast has fantastic chemistry…they are all close friends and hang out outside of the set…how can that NOT show thru? For all the UK comparisons…why are you even commenting at all then? I watched a few youtube versions of the UK show and was not all that impressed…but I wouldn’t start bashing it. I didn’t see the chemistry at all. But I think it’s because you can’t not compare it to the one you saw and enjoyed first. I love this and simply can’t wait for Season 2!!! I am ready for Aiden, Josh & Sally!!! (especially Aiden) p.s. Sammy Huntingdon & Meaghan Rath are on Twitter. Sammy has THE funniest tweets ever!

Comment by Tracy – June 30, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah im done screw that.when shes gone I’ll watch the show but until then Im through. Thanks for ruining it for me E.T.

Comment by vampkitti – June 30, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!! She was great in Dollhouse. If only they could reunite her with Enver Gjokaj

Comment by John – June 30, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • my bf got rid of our cable is there a way I can still access what’s going on in the show?

Comment by mina – June 30, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news! Now, can you please stop calling every attractive multiracial person “exotic”? It’s a party foul among most mixed people, including me and my family, as it dehumanizes, even when meant positively.

Comment by Lyonside – June 30, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oooo she’s a cutie.

Comment by bsilva – June 30, 2011 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEESS!! Ahh, I love her. Everyone’s here is totally right, Dichen and Enver were the best parts of Dollhouse ( and I love Olivia Williams too ).
    Very happy for her. I finally catched up to Being Human last week – the show is fantastic and now I’m looking even more to Season 2!!!

Comment by MysteryObsessed – July 1, 2011 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shes Hot. Loved her on Dollhouse and Hawaii Five O and NCIS Los Angeles.

Comment by michael – July 2, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting. She is hot, exotic and mysterious. She should make an excellent vamp.

Comment by Big D – July 14, 2011 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha… “turning heads”

Comment by Taelor – September 8, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post