Comic-Con

Dollhouse Alum Vamps for Syfy's Being Human

Burgeoning genre-TV queen Dichen Lachman has found something new to sink her teeth into — the role of a bloodsucker, on Being Human.

The exotic onetime Dollhouse denizen is joining the Syfy drama in the series regular role of Izumi, “a reclusive, centuries-old vampire who causes upheaval” when she returns to her old Boston stomping grounds, Variety reports.

Since Dollhouse‘s doors closed, Lachman has guest-starred on NCIS: LA and Hawaii Five-0. She can next be seen (cough) turning heads on Torchwood: Miracle Day, which premieres July 8 on Starz.

1. Tally says:

I loved her as Sierra/Priya! Dichen and Sam Witwer together just might make my TV melt.

2. Erin says:

Yea! I love Joss, but she and Enver Gjokaj were hands down the best part of the mess known as Dollhouse. Would love to see Enver in something more permanent than an one-off guest shot on Community.

• Anne says:

Thank you! My thoughts exactly! Enver and Dichen were the only reason I tuned in to Dollhouse. I found their story more interesting than Eliza’s subpar acting. They were the best things about the show. I’m still not convinced Eliza Dushku is lead actress material especially in a role that required serious acting chops…

• mars says:

ditto. I watched every episode because it’s Joss, but I pretty much hated Eliza’s character/storylines. ugh…
        Loved everyone else though!

• Thespia says:

Dichen Lachman was a fave on the show, more so than Dushku but my fave was Miracle Laurie’s Mellie, I was annoyed to see her character get spindled and tossed.

• megan says:

Totally agree!! Loved them both on Dollhouse and Enver needs to get back on my TV asap!

• Asha says:

Word. He was on an ep of Community this season and was excellent. Enver was the character in Dollhouse that seemed to have the most range. He was amazing! I hope he returns to TV regularly soon!

• sashay says:

Couldn’t agree more. Both of them turned Dollhouse from a so-so show into something amazing. Also hope to see Fran Kranz in a show permanently.

3. Amber says:

Omg, best news ever! I’ve been waiting for Dichen to get another regular role, and now it’s on one of my favorite shows. Freaking awesome. Next I hope to hear something about Enver.

4. ggny says:

didnt think Being Human could get any better…Guess i was wrong

5. XK says:

Hmm, I may have to give this show another chance (got bored last season). Love Dichen, and she was definitely one of the best parts of Dollhouse.

6. ShaeShae says:

This is fantastic news. Dichen and Enver were the best part of Dollhouse, I have to agree. I fast-forwarded through all of the rest (except for choice bits with Topher.) I can’t wait! :D

7. AM says:

I guess she’s supposed to be the US equivalent of original UK character Daisy?

8. Sivat says:

The North American remake of Being Human is awful. I tried watching three episodes but it was painful and I had to quit. Now if she were joining the original UK series, I’d be excited!

• Danielle H. says:

I’m with you there. I tried to watch it and just had to stop; the original’s casting just can’t be beat. Each of the UK actors is perfect. I, however, am not continuing to watch the original next season because of Mitchell’s demise. I refuse, lol

• AM says:

“I, however, am not continuing to watch the original next season because of Mitchell’s demise. I refuse”

So, you’re not even going to give it a chance just because Aidan Turner won’t be back (as he’s filming ‘The Hobbit’)? Even though series creator Toby Whithouse is still at the helm? Doesn’t seem like you’re being entirely fair.

Yes, everyone liked Mitchell, but I have faith that Toby will still be able to tell us a good story. Why not at least watch the first one and try to give it a chance?

9. Justin says:

Sounds like good news to me. Love Being Human (the US version)!

10. vampkitti says:

she looks like a friggin alien. this person will be the only reason for me NOT to watch season 2 of being human…..do not want

11. Tracy says:

I love the SyFy Being Human. I think the cast has fantastic chemistry…they are all close friends and hang out outside of the set…how can that NOT show thru? For all the UK comparisons…why are you even commenting at all then? I watched a few youtube versions of the UK show and was not all that impressed…but I wouldn’t start bashing it. I didn’t see the chemistry at all. But I think it’s because you can’t not compare it to the one you saw and enjoyed first. I love this and simply can’t wait for Season 2!!! I am ready for Aiden, Josh & Sally!!! (especially Aiden) p.s. Sammy Huntingdon & Meaghan Rath are on Twitter. Sammy has THE funniest tweets ever!

12. vampkitti says:

yeah im done screw that.when shes gone I’ll watch the show but until then Im through. Thanks for ruining it for me E.T.

13. John says:

Awesome!! She was great in Dollhouse. If only they could reunite her with Enver Gjokaj

14. mina says:

my bf got rid of our cable is there a way I can still access what’s going on in the show?

15. Lyonside says:

Great news! Now, can you please stop calling every attractive multiracial person “exotic”? It’s a party foul among most mixed people, including me and my family, as it dehumanizes, even when meant positively.

16. bsilva says:

oooo she’s a cutie.

17. MysteryObsessed says:

YEESS!! Ahh, I love her. Everyone’s here is totally right, Dichen and Enver were the best parts of Dollhouse ( and I love Olivia Williams too ).
    Very happy for her. I finally catched up to Being Human last week – the show is fantastic and now I’m looking even more to Season 2!!!

18. michael says:

Shes Hot. Loved her on Dollhouse and Hawaii Five O and NCIS Los Angeles.

19. Big D says:

Great casting. She is hot, exotic and mysterious. She should make an excellent vamp.

20. Taelor says: