Glee, Vampire Diaries Lead Teen Choice TV Noms, Linda Hunt Gets In on the Action

Get More: Awards, Glee, News

Fox’s Glee and The CW’s The Vampire Diaries are TV’s heaviest hitters heading into the 2011 Teen Choice Awards, having amassed nine nominations each. Modern Family and Gossip Girl also made a solid showing with five nods apiece, while Nikita netted four.

In addition to scoring a nod for Choice TV Comedy, Glee also has Cory Monteith up for TV Comedy Actor and Jane Lynch vying for Choice TV Villain. In the TV Scene Stealer races, Glee has four contenders: Amber Riley and the luminous Dianna Agron, and Chris Colfer and Mark Salling.

Additionally, the Glee cast is nommed for Choice Music Group, while Colfer is up for Choice Red Carpet Fashion Icon.

Turning to the bloodsuckers, Vampire Diaries will battle Fringe, Smallville (R.I.P.), Supernatural and Teen Wolf for Choice Fantasy/Sci-Fi Show, while series leads Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley landed in the acting races. Joseph Morgan (aka Klaus) is up for Choice TV Villain, Katerina Graham and Michael Trevino scored bids for Scene Stealers, and both Dobrev and Somerhalder rightfully netted nods in the Choice Hottie categories.

In addition to Choice TV Comedy, Modern Family reaped nominations for Ty Burrell and Scene Stealers Sofia Vergara, Eric Stonestreet and Rico Rodriguez. Gossip Girl will battle Bones, House, Make It Or Break It and American Teenager for Choice TV Drama, Blake Lively, Penn Badgley and Chace Crawford grabbed acting nods, and Ed Wetswick will vie for Choice Villain.

Nikita is up for Choice Action Show (versus Burn NoticeChuckHawaii Five-0 and NCIS: LA), and its three leads landed in the acting races.

And in an amusing twist, NCIS: LA‘s 66-year-old Linda Hunt snagged a nom for Choice TV Action Actress.

The Teen Choice 2011 ceremony will airs August 7, on Fox. The polls are open now; register to vote here.

Comments (31)

• And don’t forget Linda Hunt! Cause living in a tv world where the phrase “Linda Hunt, Teen Choice Nominee” exists about makes my year.

Comment by Colleen – June 29, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! Hunt and Hetty FTW.

Comment by Elizabeth – June 29, 2011 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not AMUSING… it’s AWESOME. I want to see Linda Hunt up on the stage getting a surfboard. :)

Comment by Dan – June 29, 2011 11:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh good god, what the bloody hell is going on with the drama noms? Even when I was a teenager I knew that Bones sucked.

Comment by Sam – June 29, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just because you dont understand it doesnt mean it sucks

Comment by Colby – June 29, 2011 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG OMG OMG So happy to see Tom Welling AND Erica Durance (her for the first time FINALLY) There

Comment by gabriela – June 29, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hahaha. At least when I see these nominations, I know the Emmys aren’t the worst awards show.

I’d nominate these shows (most of them, that is) if I wanted to create a mock version of the Emmys. It’s ridiculouuuuuus. But then again, it’s the teens. Their collective taste level is equal to Charlie Sheen’s liver. It’s NON EXISTENT.

I do, however, belong in the “teen” category. For one more year, that is. I don’t think I’ve met more than two or three of my peers who like watching the same shows as I do (Breaking Bad, Treme, Justified, Mad Men, Louie, etc.)

Comment by Chmarin – June 29, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to interrupt your smug satisfaction, but several of these nominees are also very good. “Fringe”? Linda Hunt? “Modern Family”? All deserve more praise than they get — at least, from pretentious little kids like you.

Comment by Amy – June 29, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, Dianna Agron and Amber Riley are scene-stealers? The only time Amber Riley steals a scene is when she’s singing, and Dianna Agron doesn’t even have that. How are they in acting categories and not Lea Michele? Glee is Lea Michele. She is the best actor/singer on the show. Without her, it would suck worse than it already does. She is the one saving grace. And Bonnie from VD for a scene-stealing acting nom? Jeez. She’s worse than Agron and Riley. At least I don’t watch their scenes and actively think of ways their character could die.

Comment by Lauren – June 29, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dianne Agron sang very well in at least 2 duets : with Chord Overstreet (Lucky) and and Lea Michele (Mash up I feel pretty/unpretty)… But I agree that Amber Riley should not be a scene stealer… I think Glee should not win any awards this year… except for maybe Cory Monteith… for playing a jerk in Glee in a convincing way…

Comment by Lily – June 29, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually the only thing that came to mind as a scene-stealing moment for me was the Pretty/Unpretty duet. I was very impressed she held her own with Lea Michele. I think that was her best performance hands down on the show. But I still think Lea Michele acts and sings circles around her and should be getting the nomination. She’s good enough for a Golden Globe but not a TCA?

Comment by Lauren – June 29, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How is it Lea Michele & Leighton Meester, who are the best/fan & critic favorites, for the respective shows get nominations? Did Leighton not get a nomination since she’s won for the past two years?

Comment by JJ – June 29, 2011 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! Bones finally gets the recognition it deserves!!

Comment by Sharon – June 29, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ed Westwick for villain again?!! And Leighton Meester isn’t nominated! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Comment by S – June 29, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeahhhhhh…. @Sharon, I don’t think a Teen Choice nomination is anything to get excited about for Bones. They’re pretty much awards for The CW and ABC Family… If anything, that nomination is signalling its downfall. lol

Comment by LUke – June 29, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF! Leighton is not nominated?!

Comment by Aly – June 29, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why isn’t Pretty Little Liars nominated it’s way better than Secret Life!

Comment by --- – June 29, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh well Hugh Laurie is nominated too, How old is the man, 52? But he is still hip and trendy, Lol.

Comment by karo – June 29, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t see Glee win a lot except for maybe “Choice Music Group”, best comedy actor and Chris Colfer as TV scene stealer…

Comment by Lily – June 29, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Naya Rivera though she absolutely stole the second part of S2 of Glee neither Lea Michele… I’m confused there! :-(

Anyway, I don’t think that Glee will win a lot of prizes this year and besides, it would be deserved ’cause the last season really sucked!

Comment by Géraldine – June 29, 2011 10:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have i missed something, i love Bonnie and Tyler but im sorry CAROLINE STOLE SEASON 2! How is Candice Accola not even nominated she waqs the best character by far this season!

Then Glee Colfer over Dianna for red carpet fashion icon, sorry but no, we hardly ever see Chris on the red carpet yet Dianna is always on it and always looks the best!

And then how did Leighton Meester not get anything, again the best character is Blair BY FAR on GG!

Comment by Kate – June 29, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG so funny and awesome that Linda Hunt is getting nominated. That made my whole day…even teenagers like her! She makes that show!

Comment by diana – June 29, 2011 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Jared Padalecki or Jensen Ackles from Supernatural, definitely worthy in the acting category!!! And Hottie!!!!Come on!

Comment by Ava – June 29, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Those guys are way too old to appeal to the demo.

Comment by Amy – June 29, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very shocked that Lea didn’t get nominated. Doesn’t make sense to me since she is so talented. Also a bit disapponted that Leighton and Candice didn’t get nominated…

Comment by Amy – June 29, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote gose too the vampire diearies they are an amazing show and deserve all the votes they get people keep voting love you guys:)x

Comment by danielle scott – June 29, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Leighton? Chace barely had any storylines this season. This is quite surprising.

Comment by meme2266 – June 29, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They SNUBBED NAYA RIVERA?!!!? X(

Comment by Phileo – June 30, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The vampire diaries will obviosly winn all theirr categories since its the TEEN choice awards all us crazy teenagers will constantly vote for VD.

Comment by Gisselle – June 30, 2011 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dianna Agron is amazing!!
    She is the only reason I watch Glee so yeah I hope she wins!!!
    Also I guess Leighton didnt get nominated because she is nominated for the roommate as best actress or something!!
    But why is CANDICE ACCOLA not there!!
    Caroline is so much better than Bonnie!!!

Comment by Agnes – July 3, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • vampire diaries will beat glee…they have to

vote for vd