Joe Rogan Back as Fear Factor Host

Get More: News, Reality TV

NBC has tapped a familiar Joe to headline its Fear Factor revival.

Joe Rogan, who served as Fear‘s gross master general during the show’s original run from 2001 to 2006, has officially signed on to host the upcoming reboot, TV Guide Magazine reports.

“It doesn’t seem real,” Rogan told the mag. “It seems like some sort of bizarro dream world. But I’m looking forward to it. The idea of sitting at home and watching someone else host it would have driven me crazy.”

NBC has commissioned eight episodes of Fear Factor 2.0 to premiere as early as September.

Comments (22)

• Stoned. This was one reality competition show I always enjoyed. Can’t wait to watch new eps. Glad Joe is back as well.

Comment by jasin – June 29, 2011 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing you were going for stoked and not stoned? Unless of course you’re Christina Agulera on The Voice last night…

Comment by Alex – June 29, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Congrat’s on Joe’s return to FEAR FACTOR. Glad the show is coming back. It’s been gone too long. The thought of sitting home and watching FEAR FACTOR hosted by someone other than Joe, would drive me crazy too!!!!!! Welcome Back Joe!!!!!

Comment by Linda – June 30, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the smartest things NBC has done in a long time. Glad Rogan is back. Wouldn’t be right without him.

Comment by Kris – June 29, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good; Rogan was great on the original show. Sorta disappeared except for some cage fighting shows.

Now if he’d just yank off the Chia Pet ‘hair system’ and admit he’s bald. It’s kind of embarrassing.

Comment by morrowland – June 29, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet! Loves me some nostalgia. Fear Factor was a fun competition show. Getting the original host back is a real coup—that’s why ABC’s The Mole relaunch a couple years back tanked. Can’t wait to watch.

Comment by Sivat – June 29, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSSSSSSS. I was hoping it would be Joe Rogan again! Yay

Comment by grace – June 29, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching someone else host would have driven me crazy too. I’m glad the show, and Rogan, will be back. One of the few “reality” shows I actually enjoy.

Comment by Mikaylah – June 29, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was the show cancelled the first time around? Why did it end? On a side note: I really do hope there’s an episode with Joe shirtless.

Comment by Lincoln – June 29, 2011 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t have watched w/o Joe as host. Way to go NBC. You got this one right!!

Comment by Bekah – June 29, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO EXCITED. Best part: as early as September!!!!

Comment by Michael – June 29, 2011 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, now he can stop going thru my trashcans.

Comment by James Firkins – June 29, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome! When I heard FF was coming back I was really hoping Joe would be back with it!

Comment by Jaded – June 29, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was soooo hoping Joe would come back and host!!! Even more excited about the reboot….

Comment by Ksparkle – June 29, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s done nothing but trash the show for years. He must be getting paid trucks full of money to go back to that crap.

Comment by lethargic – June 29, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not really, but he’s getting paid more for it than he would for his stand up appearances or UFC. He’s a whore.

Comment by Miffy – June 29, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a crap show that will end up being canceled in a very short time I’m guessing. They should call it Gross-Factor, instead of Fear-Factor. Eating bugs or spiders or the blended-up goo made from the intestines of this or that animal… is not about fear per-say, it’s simply about being disgusted, or ‘grossed-out’. The other stuff like walking a high-wire or repelling from the top of a skyscraper, that’s fear based. They need more of that and less of the other. People don’t like watching that while they’re eating their dinner. It just makes them want to puke.

Comment by Danny Las Vegas – June 29, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness Joe was available. Oh wait…

Comment by 4F – June 29, 2011 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Joe Rogan doesn’t know what you’re doing AT ALL. Like not enough to even muster up a joke about you hanging around Burger King at closing time on cheap Whopper days.

Comment by sadtroll – July 1, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe this can be part of NBC plan b if football is cancelled because of lockout or if a show bombed and is yanked like abc did with wipeout this past season.

Comment by Coolapguy – June 29, 2011 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Never thought I would agree with someone named “Danny Las Vegas”, but I have to agree. Much less of the gross-out stuff, like eating pig vomit, and more of the real, fear-inducing stunts.

Comment by Bob – June 30, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you’re just afraid of pig vomit. Conquer you fear!!

Comment by Delinda Las Vegas – July 1, 2011 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post