Joe Rogan Back as Fear Factor Host

NBC has tapped a familiar Joe to headline its Fear Factor revival.

Joe Rogan, who served as Fear‘s gross master general during the show’s original run from 2001 to 2006, has officially signed on to host the upcoming reboot, TV Guide Magazine reports.

“It doesn’t seem real,” Rogan told the mag. “It seems like some sort of bizarro dream world. But I’m looking forward to it. The idea of sitting at home and watching someone else host it would have driven me crazy.”

NBC has commissioned eight episodes of Fear Factor 2.0 to premiere as early as September.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: News, Reality TV

1. jasin says:

Stoned. This was one reality competition show I always enjoyed. Can’t wait to watch new eps. Glad Joe is back as well.

• Alex says:

I’m guessing you were going for stoked and not stoned? Unless of course you’re Christina Agulera on The Voice last night…

• Linda says:

Congrat’s on Joe’s return to FEAR FACTOR. Glad the show is coming back. It’s been gone too long. The thought of sitting home and watching FEAR FACTOR hosted by someone other than Joe, would drive me crazy too!!!!!! Welcome Back Joe!!!!!

2. Kris says:

This is one of the smartest things NBC has done in a long time. Glad Rogan is back. Wouldn’t be right without him.

3. morrowland says:

This is good; Rogan was great on the original show. Sorta disappeared except for some cage fighting shows.

Now if he’d just yank off the Chia Pet ‘hair system’ and admit he’s bald. It’s kind of embarrassing.

4. Sivat says:

Sweet! Loves me some nostalgia. Fear Factor was a fun competition show. Getting the original host back is a real coup—that’s why ABC’s The Mole relaunch a couple years back tanked. Can’t wait to watch.

5. grace says:

YESSSSSSSSSS. I was hoping it would be Joe Rogan again! Yay

6. Mikaylah says:

Watching someone else host would have driven me crazy too. I’m glad the show, and Rogan, will be back. One of the few “reality” shows I actually enjoy.

7. Lincoln says:

Was the show cancelled the first time around? Why did it end? On a side note: I really do hope there’s an episode with Joe shirtless.

8. Bekah says:

I wouldn’t have watched w/o Joe as host. Way to go NBC. You got this one right!!

9. Michael says:

SO EXCITED. Best part: as early as September!!!!

10. James Firkins says:

Great, now he can stop going thru my trashcans.

11. Jaded says:

That’s awesome! When I heard FF was coming back I was really hoping Joe would be back with it!

12. Ksparkle says:

I was soooo hoping Joe would come back and host!!! Even more excited about the reboot….

13. lethargic says:

He’s done nothing but trash the show for years. He must be getting paid trucks full of money to go back to that crap.

• Miffy says:

Not really, but he’s getting paid more for it than he would for his stand up appearances or UFC. He’s a whore.

14. Danny Las Vegas says:

It’s a crap show that will end up being canceled in a very short time I’m guessing. They should call it Gross-Factor, instead of Fear-Factor. Eating bugs or spiders or the blended-up goo made from the intestines of this or that animal… is not about fear per-say, it’s simply about being disgusted, or ‘grossed-out’. The other stuff like walking a high-wire or repelling from the top of a skyscraper, that’s fear based. They need more of that and less of the other. People don’t like watching that while they’re eating their dinner. It just makes them want to puke.

15. 4F says:

Thank goodness Joe was available. Oh wait…

• sadtroll says:

Joe Rogan doesn’t know what you’re doing AT ALL. Like not enough to even muster up a joke about you hanging around Burger King at closing time on cheap Whopper days.

16. Coolapguy says:

Maybe this can be part of NBC plan b if football is cancelled because of lockout or if a show bombed and is yanked like abc did with wipeout this past season.

17. Bob says:

Never thought I would agree with someone named “Danny Las Vegas”, but I have to agree. Much less of the gross-out stuff, like eating pig vomit, and more of the real, fear-inducing stunts.