Breaking Bad Stars: The 'Masterful, Intense, Crazy-Good' Season 4 Is 'Worth the Wait'

What’s the dope on the long-awaited fourth season of AMC’s acclaimed Breaking Bad? Personally, I feel that Betsy Brandt (aka Marie) puts it best when she says the new run of episodes (premiering July 17) is “worth the wait,” “crazy good… and not for children.”

Breaking Bad Boss Ponders Possible End Date

In this video featurette from AMC, Bryan Cranston — a three-time Emmy winner for his portrayal of Walter White — says that Season 4 is about Walter “accepting that he is capable of doing heinous things… to survive,” as an unlikely and increasingly aggressive drug lord.

We also hear from Aaron Paul (Jesse), who notes that the nitty-gritty drama has a habit of growing “bigger, darker and much more intense” with every season, and this year is no different. “Season 4 starts off at a full sprint,” he teases.

Press PLAY below for much more from Cranston, Paul, Brandt, Bob Odenkirk and Giancarlo Esposito, then tell us below just how damn good they make the new batch of Bad sound.

1. Pam says:

This news does not make me happy because it just reminds me that I have to wait another three weeks in what has already been a very long wait. I cannot wait!

2. sm says:

they’re bringing back the hydroflouric acid (02:34). Bet Jesse knows to use plastic this time! ZOMG can’t wait!

3. Stacy says:

Man, I’m WAY too excited! I need to calm the heck down, because right now it can’t possibly live up to my excitement level.

4. Nicole says:

I just watched the entire series and CANNOT WAIT for season 4. Heisenberg!

5. Brian says:

Wow. This show really does just keep getting better. And judging by the behind-the-scenes video and the previews for season four, this season will be no exception. I CANNOT WAIT! It has definitely been too long since this show was on the air!

6. JohnnyT says:

I’ll be super glad for season 4 so I can finally dump season 3 from storage on my Tv recorder. Running outa room. I have to record them in que because AMC drives me crazy when they keep showing reruns helterskelter out of sequence in the long waits between episodes. Sometimes I just need to look back to keep the storyline straight in my head. Maybe it’s just the dope, but the next fix will be here soon, via Cranston, Paul, et all.

7. seo says:

I’m fascinated as well as interested in what you are currently talking about right here