Comic-Con

Walking Dead Scoop: Supernatural Alum Lauren Cohan Snags Key Season 2 Role

Lauren Cohan is joining the zombie resistance.

The alum of Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Chuck has landed a pivotal role on AMC’s The Walking Dead.

Cohan will recur as Maggie Greene, the sharp, self-reliant daughter of farm owner Hershel Greene and a love interest for Glenn (Steven Yuen), reports TV Guide Magazine.

Walking Dead Season 2 First Look: Hello, Gorgeous!

The role of Hershel, meanwhile, will be played by acting vet Scott Wilson, who’s probably best known to TV audiences as Catherine’s biological father on CSI.

The duo join fellow new Dead hire Pruitt Taylor Vince, who was cast as the foreman at Hershel’s Farm — which is where much of Season 2 will be set.

Comments (27)

• i am very happy for Lauren

Comment by ZR – June 25, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. She deserves it

Comment by un-holy – June 25, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good actress, but I couldn’t stand her on SPN or VD.

Comment by lorna – June 27, 2011 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • shes fa nominal !! i loveddddd her as rose and bela but rose was my favv. i dont really like this show, i mean zombies arnt my thingg but im defff gonna watch it just bc shes on it!!!

Comment by bella – June 27, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Bela!

Comment by Sivat – June 25, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought I was the only one. I really liked her, too. :)

Comment by Carrie – June 25, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked her three. I wish Supernatural would add a female to the boring sausage fest.

Comment by carla – June 26, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s a like-button if you need one :(

Comment by Eli – June 25, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There is a button at the top of the page to like this on facebook.

Comment by Brandi – June 25, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But how do the poor facebookless like a comment on TVLine?? :( ;)

Comment by Mr. Furley – June 25, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love her!

Comment by ruby – June 25, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Lauren and think she’s a very talented actress, but she has to take on roles where she doesn’t die after appearing in a few episodes! I always feel sad at the departure of characters, like in the awesome Supernatural & Vampire Diaries. But by the look of things, I think this character too will have the same conclusion like the previous ones she played :/

Comment by G – June 25, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awsome news, very happy for Lauren.

Comment by A – June 25, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey “G”, Read the source material, Maggie stays around much longer than most in the walking dead.

Comment by romerofan – June 25, 2011 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly romerofan! The real happy person is the actor playing Glen!

Comment by Evan Meadow – June 25, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy and excited for Lauren, but I am also having a hard time picturing her with Steven Yeuns Glenn. Still, I can´t wait for The Walking Dead to return.

Comment by Winee – June 25, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’s a good actress and I like her, so I’m glad she’ll be on “Walking Dead”.

Comment by Carrie – June 25, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cohan’s acting on Vampire Diaries was brilliant. What a great addition to The Walking Dead. As romerofan mentioned, Maggie isn’t zombie fodder. We’ll be able to enjoy Ms. Cohan for a WHILE this time. The casting of Hershel, Otis and Maggie is top notch. This season is going to be killer. The wait sucks.

Comment by Jason – June 25, 2011 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s awesome news!!! I can’t wait for the new series of this show & it’ll be cool to see Lauren Cohen in it. I liked Bela, at least she was up front about being a bi*€h unlike some skank demon!!

Comment by Darthnikki – June 26, 2011 01:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone have a date for the season 2 debut? Fall is all I hear.

Comment by Bob – June 26, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dollars to donuts it’s around Halloween, during Fright Fest – just like last year.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 26, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IMDB has :)
      (Hopefully the right one)

Comment by Winee – June 26, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re going to make me look it up, you couldn’t just share? =D I hate Fall, but nevertheless, I am still getting very antsy for this show to return, and if that means Fall must come quickly, then bring it on.

Comment by Amber – June 26, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Was so sad when Lauren’s pilot didn’t get picked up but am thrilled to see her on another show, she deserves it. Will always b my fave actress and i’ve been dying to see her on tv more. I’ll always miss bela and rose but can’t wait for her new role!

Comment by Huntress87 – June 26, 2011 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Greene, the sharp, self-reliant daughter <-lol at a butchered character's adapted incarnation

Comment by Tim – July 28, 2011 05:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scott Wilson is my cousin!!! I’m so damn excited to see him part of this show. He grew up in Atlanta, where I was born as well, before leaving for Hollywood at age 16 and quickly landed the role of Dick in Truman Capote’s “In Cold Blood.” The Walking Dead is by far my favorite show in a long time and Scott is perfect to be part of it. I’ve never gotten to meet him, but I’m a huge fan of his work and hope to one day. Way to go Scott!

Comment by Paul Wilson – August 7, 2011 01:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Check her montage from TWD!

Comment by Mike – November 15, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post