Comic-Con

Walking Dead Scoop: Supernatural Alum Lauren Cohan Snags Key Season 2 Role

Lauren Cohan is joining the zombie resistance.

The alum of Supernatural, Vampire Diaries and Chuck has landed a pivotal role on AMC’s The Walking Dead.

Cohan will recur as Maggie Greene, the sharp, self-reliant daughter of farm owner Hershel Greene and a love interest for Glenn (Steven Yuen), reports TV Guide Magazine.

Walking Dead Season 2 First Look: Hello, Gorgeous!

The role of Hershel, meanwhile, will be played by acting vet Scott Wilson, who’s probably best known to TV audiences as Catherine’s biological father on CSI.

The duo join fellow new Dead hire Pruitt Taylor Vince, who was cast as the foreman at Hershel’s Farm — which is where much of Season 2 will be set.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Comic-Con, Fall TV Preview, News

1. ZR says:

i am very happy for Lauren

2. Sivat says:

I loved Bela!

3. Eli says:

Where’s a like-button if you need one :(

4. ruby says:

Yay! I love her!

5. G says:

I love Lauren and think she’s a very talented actress, but she has to take on roles where she doesn’t die after appearing in a few episodes! I always feel sad at the departure of characters, like in the awesome Supernatural & Vampire Diaries. But by the look of things, I think this character too will have the same conclusion like the previous ones she played :/

6. A says:

Awsome news, very happy for Lauren.

7. romerofan says:

Hey “G”, Read the source material, Maggie stays around much longer than most in the walking dead.

8. Winee says:

I am so happy and excited for Lauren, but I am also having a hard time picturing her with Steven Yeuns Glenn. Still, I can´t wait for The Walking Dead to return.

9. Carrie says:

She’s a good actress and I like her, so I’m glad she’ll be on “Walking Dead”.

10. Jason says:

Cohan’s acting on Vampire Diaries was brilliant. What a great addition to The Walking Dead. As romerofan mentioned, Maggie isn’t zombie fodder. We’ll be able to enjoy Ms. Cohan for a WHILE this time. The casting of Hershel, Otis and Maggie is top notch. This season is going to be killer. The wait sucks.

11. Darthnikki says:

That’s awesome news!!! I can’t wait for the new series of this show & it’ll be cool to see Lauren Cohen in it. I liked Bela, at least she was up front about being a bi*€h unlike some skank demon!!

12. Bob says:

Anyone have a date for the season 2 debut? Fall is all I hear.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Dollars to donuts it’s around Halloween, during Fright Fest – just like last year.

• Winee says:

IMDB has :)
      (Hopefully the right one)

• Amber says:

You’re going to make me look it up, you couldn’t just share? =D I hate Fall, but nevertheless, I am still getting very antsy for this show to return, and if that means Fall must come quickly, then bring it on.

13. Huntress87 says:

YES!! Was so sad when Lauren’s pilot didn’t get picked up but am thrilled to see her on another show, she deserves it. Will always b my fave actress and i’ve been dying to see her on tv more. I’ll always miss bela and rose but can’t wait for her new role!

14. Tim says:

Maggie Greene, the sharp, self-reliant daughter <-lol at a butchered character's adapted incarnation

15. Paul Wilson says:

Scott Wilson is my cousin!!! I’m so damn excited to see him part of this show. He grew up in Atlanta, where I was born as well, before leaving for Hollywood at age 16 and quickly landed the role of Dick in Truman Capote’s “In Cold Blood.” The Walking Dead is by far my favorite show in a long time and Scott is perfect to be part of it. I’ve never gotten to meet him, but I’m a huge fan of his work and hope to one day. Way to go Scott!