True Blood Video Sneak Peek: Jessica and Hoyt Do Battle Over [Spoiler Alert]!

It appears the honeymoon is over for Jessica and Hoyt.

When True Blood kicks off its fourth season Sunday on HBO (9/8c), the interspecies couple find themselves navigating an unconventional domestic situation where simple issues like dinner protocol can trigger all-out war.

Press play below for a little taste of what I’m talking about.

Loading video...

“That was a fun scene,” shares Hoyt’s portrayer, Jim Parrack, of the couple’s alternately hilarious and heartbreaking culinary showdown — which, as you’ll find out on Sunday, escalates into an all-out egg fight. “Once the eggs come out [it was all over]. I flicked the eggs in her face and we had an egg fight.”

Parrack’s leading lady, Deborah Ann Woll, admits the sequence rattled some folks. “A couple of people came up to us after they saw that scene and were like, ‘It was like mommy and daddy were fighting,’” she says with a laugh. “They couldn’t handle it.

“We got very messy that night,” she adds. “I think what made the [final cut] was a cleaner version, but we were covered [with egg] by the end of that shoot.”

Parrack says it was inevitable that the duo would hit a few speed bumps on the road to eternal happiness — if there is such a thing in Bon Temps. “You put together a guy who’s never had a girlfriend and a vampire — a new vampire — and you get all kinds of domestic trouble.” (Reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (10)

• I adore this couple, I hope they last.

Comment by Jones19 – June 23, 2011 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE them! And it IS kinda like mommy & daddy fighting, lol!

Comment by Liz – June 23, 2011 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And worthless video link for iDevice users. *sigh*

Comment by Anonymous – June 23, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha I love it! Can’t WAIT for sunday!!!

Comment by Zeus – June 23, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love it cant wait for sunday I JEST LOVE BILL

Comment by zelma call – June 23, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I too am in love with Jessica & Hoyt! More please.

Comment by alvnjsph – June 23, 2011 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoyt,
    Look at her! Look at her! Get take-out.

Comment by Michelle R – June 23, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your running behind EW, i watched this two days ago.

Comment by kate – June 24, 2011 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • then you’re dumb for watching it again

Comment by sfde – June 24, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought she was going to get pounded hard in the bathroom at Fangtasia after that incredibly seductive dance. Wow more please. So sexy

Comment by Lust4jess – June 26, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post