Fox Fall Premiere Scoop: Return Dates For House, Glee, Bones, Fringe, and More!

Make no Bones about it: Booth and Brennan are getting a late start this fall.

The drama’s seventh season — truncated due to Emily Deschanel’s real-life pregnancy and the MLB World Series — won’t launch until Nov. 3.

The news is better for fans of Glee, which kicks off Season 3 in its usual Tuesday night perch beginning Sept. 20. Fox’s much-anticipated X Factor, meanwhile, is getting a major two-night launch on Sept. 21 and Sept. 22.

Here’s a complete rundown of Fox’s fall premiere dates:

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 10

9 pm Family Guy
9:30 pm American Dad

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
8 pm Terra Nova [new series]

MONDAY, OCTOBER 3
9 pm House

2011 Fall TV Grid: Where Did Your Favorites Land?

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29
8 pm America’s Most Wanted (Quarterly Special)

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30
7:30 pm The Cleveland Show [new time slot]
8:30 Allan Gregory [new series]

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 3
9 pm Bones

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 23
9:30 pm I Hate My Teenage Daughter [new series]

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, News, Premieres, Scheduling News

1. Liz says:

Looking forward to Oct. 3rd – the new, improved (because Cuddy-free) House :D

• Lori says:

Exact opposite for me. Without Cuddy, just a boring show that is the same show over and over. I’m gone.

• Lucy says:

New and improved??? Interesting since House has shown a violent aggression that has alienated his friends and damaged his career. He’s not just ground zero, he’s not House, so the show is not the same. It’s not about Cuddy staying or leaving. The character of House is in question and all the Cuddy bashing and Cuddy support is acting as a smoke screen. Wish everyone would stop trying to point to Cuddy as the problem when the writing is the issue whatever side you’re on!

• Hallie says:

Hear! Hear! Lucy. :)

• Thomas says:

Well put. House has devolved into a violent, erratic, unforgivable monster. The brilliant cases have been gone for years, so all that was left was his witty personality and the pivotal relationships in his life. However, the finale swiftly destroyed both.
        Even if LE was returning for S8 there’s no way Cuddy could forgive House for what he’s done, and Wilson shouldn’t either. That car plowing stunt irreparably damaged the relationships between all 3 and you can’t go back. The dynamic is ruined. I can no longer watch a show that has wholly trashed it’s most integral relationships and irredeemably defiled it’s “protagonist.”
        Who can honestly support what House has done? Defend it?
        There’s a difference between applauding an actress’ exit from the show and CHEERING for a depraved House.

• tripoli says:

Get a grip. It’s fictional. Cheering for a fictional character is perfectly acceptable. As is continuing to enjoy the show without the wretched Lisa Edelstein.

• Thomas is a tool says:

That is nice trolling. Or are you really putting up such a straw man argument as “who can honestly support what House has done? Defend it?” because no one think he’s awesome for slamming his car into Cuddy’s house. But hey, if someone doesn’t agree with you just claim they’re defending vehicular house-slaughter.

• Bob says:

They lose any remaining credibility if the writers/producers just excuse House’s season-ending behavior. He’s now a criminal. How do you get around that and still have the core medical drama every week? Does he phone it in from his remote island location?

2. claire says:

Bones november 3rd ???? WTF ??? I thought it was supposed to leave the air in november and come back in the spring ?
    It’s gonna be a very very very lon wait :'(

• D says:

That’s what I thought too!

• reena says:

Im guessing this is happening b/c fox is broadcasting the world series this year but starting it early in october as to not screw with november sweeps.

• Lea says:

I’m surprised too, but now that I think about it, they probably only have enough time to make a few episodes before ED goes on maternity leave, so they’ll just air them right before Christmas. Plus, it simplifies the baseball season schedule.

• Bob says:

It’ll also leave less of a gap between Part 1 and Part 2 of their season. They’ll show 4 or 5 episodes before the Xmas break, then come back in Feb/March to finish the season.

• Bones says:

Ike I’m gona go crazy

3. Mel says:

I’m assuming the Bones premiere date being in Nov. is because of Emily being preggo/having her baby in the fall?

4. Julie says:

I know they are cutting down on the Bones episodes because Emily is pregnant, but that doesn’t mean that I’m not crazy unhappy that it’s not coming back until after the World Series!

• Christine says:

plus side is that there will be a shorter layover in the middle of the season when she’s on maternity leave

5. josh says:

The X Factor taking up this much primetime real estate makes me want to puke! I’d rather watch 2 girls 1 cup than the garbage that will be the X Factor.

6. Boiler says:

So FOUR hours of X-Factor but we lose Chicago Code. Pretty dumb!!

7. Ann says:

Why kitchen nightmares again but not hells kitchen? HK is heaps better than KN, imo.

8. Lauren says:

Waiting until November 3rd will be a nightmare…WHY SO LONG?!?!

9. Jack says:

Sorry I meant to post that under another article.

10. Ems says:

November before Bones comes back…i’m in serious withdrawl as it is!!!! :( Oh well…it’ll be worth the wait

11. E says:

Hart Hanson has said that he can only write then as a couple for about half a season. It looks like, to me anyway, that this will be the last season for Bones. They will shoot the fall episodes before ED has her own baby, and then finish up episodes after her maternity leave is up. With the Finder having 11+ episodes, it seems like Bones will get maybe 6 at most when they come back in the Spring. My guess is 12 or 13 total episodes of Bones.

Personally, after watching from the beginning, this past season was such a disappointment and now they have just rushed everything. Yes, I can understand why they did it with ED being pregnant in real life, but they are just glossing over everything.

Maybe it really is time for it just to end. It just does not seem like they are “invested” in the story anymore.

• girlygirl says:

Where did he say that he can only write them as a couple for about half a season?

• E says:

Hart Hanson has said it in a couple of interviews in the past when he talked about what would happen when he put them together.

I think if they do shoot the full season, those episodes that do not air next season will air the following season as the series finale.
        Fox has done this with shows before.

Alias was my favorite show but when they did this to Alias, I lost all track of the show and forgot the show was even on until the last two episodes of the series.

If the Finder does well and gets picked up, I think it will definately mean the end of Bones. I won’t be watching it but it may do well with a younger audience. (which is what Fox wants)

• TM says:

Well,in some other interview HH said that season 7 will have less than 18 episodes,but more than 13…So my bet is on 15 episodes,since it was the same with season 3.And,I wouldn’t put my money on what HH said years ago about the BB relationship.Given the circumstances,he may have changed his mind,or whatever, cause it’d be pretty hard to find a good enough reason to break them up once they got together,now,that they’re having a baby,more than ever.

• N says:

Bones is one of the top tv dramas…there is now way fox will axe a show that is bringing in as many viwers as Bones…

12. Steven says:

I’m actually praying that X Factor flops big time!

13. Amy says:

I would rather wait for Bones than have to go months without it in the middle of the season. At least there will be one Deschenel on our screen come September. Looking so forward to The New Girl. It looks great – I have laughed at all of the previews multiple times.

14. Wendy says:

While the longer wait sucks, I’d rather a longer wait for the “Bones” premiere with fewer breaks (I’d guess) versus constant interruptions for breaks, sports, etc.

Though I recall reading “The Finder” was supposed to pinch hit in the “Bones” slot for some three-month break, I wonder if that is now not happening? Maybe Fox will save that for when another show fails?

15. Andre says:

I don’t know if i should be worried for Fringe, premiering in the same night as Taylor Lautner’s new film

16. Linda says:

No Bones until November 3rd??? Just horrible….

17. Renee says:

Looks like they’ll have 5 episodes of Bones before it takes another hiatus. Then The Finder replaces it with 13 episodes. Bones then returns again in april with only 8 more episodes. It would have made more sense to air The Finder in the fall, then run Bones straight through starting in january. I will not be watching The Finder. I thought it was aweful.

I hope there is something really good on another network when the fall season starts. I hate chopped up seasons. I’m hoping I’ll get hooked on another show. Then I won’t need to figure out when Bones is actually going to return, in the fall or spring. Season six of Bones was disappointing, from beginning to the end. So, I’m not expecting it to get much better after the writing we got in six. It seems like it time to move on.

18. Kevin says:

Millions of people are going to SKIP watching X Factor and give up watching BONES and a Cuddy-less HOUSE which could end up being its last.

19. Nick says:

Looks like we get to be annoyed by another crappy reality show the other half of the year that American crappy singers isn’t on…

20. English says:

I really hate baseball….. This makes my desire for it to be over even stronger!

21. sarah says:

omg november 3rd! can’t believe it’s gonna be almost six months

22. ana muller says:

NOVEMBER, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? with a cliffhanger like THAT? Is Hart Hanson trying to kill us?

23. Wendy says:

One thing I do wonder about, as I mentioned above, is “The Finder”. It is one thing to have a long break from finale to premiere for “Bones”, and I get why with baseball (and while I understand this far less, the overexposure of X-Factor is unavoidable), but…

Are we then going to be subjected to *another* months long hiatus for the succubus spinoff that, so far, cannot seem to exist without leeching off of “Bones” in some fashion? If “The Finder” is so promising, let it prove its own worth. Move it to another night and sink or swim without taking what little momentum “Bones” may have here.

Funny how Fox has not addressed this hiatus as of yet.

24. Lauren says:

Just wanted to say alittle disappointed about the Nov. 3rd premiere of Bones Season 7. But then thought about it, we use to only get a couple of episodes and then a break for the world series. Plus with ED taking maternity leave in the fall, i bet this will mean that she won’t have to miss any episodes this season. even with the shorter season. Here is what i see happening: premiere Nov. 3rd, we know that Brennan will be about 7 months along in the pregnancy. So i think that we will get about 4 or 5 episodes before we have a break until after the finder episodes air. So when it comes back in the spring, maybe there won’t be a break in the airings. Even with the delay premiere and shortened season, i personally can’t wait for Season 7! And also so happy for ED.

• Louise says:

I totally agree with you and it’s good to see someone who’s optimistic about what’s going to happen in season 7. Personally we needed to see the fallout from season 5 in season 6, otherwise we wouldnt appreciate the type of storylines we are heading into now.

I think Hart is a top bloke and has stayed true to the characters. Neither of them are good at relationships and I have maintained all the way through from the beginning that they are a partnership and it just hasnt become more until now and I feel it’s been a natural progression.

By Brennan having Booth’s baby, they have moved the story truthfully along and havent strayed from previous storylines.

All I’m hearing about at the moment is “We should have seen the kiss or BB making love” and “Why are they rushing it?” personally in Emily’s condition I can understand that aspect of it and also why do we need to see it? Personally, I thought that Booth realising that Brennan was going to take vincent’s death hard and asking her to stay over his to keep her safe was very moving,in that last moment on the bed, Brennan had the gut’s to overcome her imperviousness and Booth..well, he knew in my opinion. We did have the end in the beginning ep and we know it happened, would it have been as much of a suprise in the finale if we had definatively known they slept together in the hole in the heart? I dont think so.

After 6 seasons, I dont think they have rushed anything and it’s not like they will be totally together in every sense of the word, it’s not them, they are never going to be a conventional couple and we should really know that by now. I’m looking forward to seeing them try to figure things out in season 7 (I was so hoping for a sept start but it makes sense to work around Emily, this is not going to be a picnic for her.

Anyway, cant freaking wait! Thank god for New Girl, cant wait for that little gem either.

• tripoli says:

Louise, that is the most intelligent and thoughtful comment I’ve seen regarding Bones and the relationship between Booth and Bones. Nice to see some rational, clear headed fans on hear amongst all the complaints and speculation.

25. Buddy says:

I’m sorry, but I still wished we had Human Target on the Fox schedule.

26. AngelMoonGirl says:

Bones = WTF. SERIOUSLY?? November 3rd? Whyyy? *sobs* How in the heck am I going to be able to wait that long, I ask you??

27. Devastated says:

WTF, NOOOOOOOO!!!

I watched all 128 episodes of Bones in 21 days just recently and reassured myself when I finished that it will be back soon. I don’t know what I will do without my new favorite show in the fall. :'(

• Jessica says:

I am also new to the series (only began wathing it in February) and have already seen every episode! After ready many comments on all different websites and many poles, I still think there are more BONES fan then Ex-fans so I am not really worried about the show! I would like to see the teams reactions to everything since I hear they are starting S7 with Bones in her 3rd trimester. I don’t need a flashback on the kiss or anything but a scene when they “come out” would be nice. Or even what made Bones put her rational thinking aside and go for it with Booth. November 3rd is SO far away but hopefully, it’s worth the wait!

28. jessiikkaahh says:

november 3rd is my birthday!! guys i just got tumblr and i reckon you should follow me

29. Guy says:

Well not happy about a late start for Bones but i knew it was coming. Also i really hope X Factor takes off in the states because its a great show. If you thought Idol was big wait till you see the X!

30. Michelle says:

November 23 is a Wednesday. Thursday (Thanksgiving) is the 24th.

31. Amy says:

i still don’t get it..when is Finder going to air? how many episodes they will air before christmas and how much wait do we have to do till spring? or they’re gonna air episodes after christmas like they’ve done before and there won’t be any gap?

• Lisa says:

The Finder airs in January through March (13 weeks). When Bones comes on in November we will only get 5 or 6 episodes then they’re gone until the Finder finishes its’ run. Then Bones will finish the season with another 8 maybe 9 episodes. That’s it this year.

32. Rita Sioros says:

NO Bones until Nov.3 that really sucks then to have only a few shows before it is off again because of the ‘Finder’. That pilot did now show be anything worth watching. I would rather watch reruns of Bones. They drag out baseball. We all know why.

33. TJCrinc says:

castle can hold me over till nov 3.

34. Sally says:

Chuck is not on FOX, so your point would be…?