Exclusive: The Good Wife Retains Lisa Edelstein!

Turns out Lisa Edelstein will be back on TV this fall after all!

House‘s departing taskmistress has booked a juicy multi-episode arc on CBS’ The Good Wife, sources confirm to TVLine exclusively.

The actress — who sent House fans into a tailspin last month when it was announced that she would not be returning to the Fox hit after failing to come to terms on a new contract — will play a lawyer and born poker player whose sexiness is enhanced by her obvious intelligence.

Additional details are scarce, but rumor has it Edelstein’s character — who turns up during the early part of the acclaimed drama’s forthcoming third season — shares a past with Will (Josh Charles). It’s unclear if said past is professional, personal, or both, but I smell a showdown between her and Alicia (Julianna Margulies).

Thoughts? Happy to see Edelstein land on her feet? Does this Good news at least partially offset the bad news of her House departure? Hit the comments!

Want scoop and spoilers 24/7? Follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Comments (319)

• It’s all about BUSINESS. Not about talent!

Comment by Thunder – June 29, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Comment by Friges – June 29, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No me gusta.

Comment by Izis – June 29, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Adorei a noticia, a atriz Lisa Edelstein é ótima, além de muito linda. MUITA SORTE PARA ELA.

Comment by nana – July 3, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks CBS for bringing Lisa & Josh back together! They were great together on Sports Night, so I’m sure they’ll be good on TGW.

Comment by Lara – July 13, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really late addition but the JS news made me want to come here and say I miss Lisa Edelstein already on House. But wherever she goes; I go.

Comment by Hallie – July 13, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Lisa would remain on House. She was great on that show and will be missed.

Comment by Kristi – July 14, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just realized that Lisa and Josh have worked together already – on Sports Night!

Comment by Ruth – August 9, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really glad that Lisa is getting a guest spot on the Good Wife, great show, great actress! <3

Comment by Coco – August 20, 2011 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post