TVLine Items: Idol's Randy Jackson Wants to Talk, Bachelor Pad Lands New Man, and More!
The American Idol judge is reportedly pitching a self-hosted talk show all over town, says The Hollywood Reporter. “He wants to talk about things that will be hip next,” a source tells THR. “He thinks he has his finger on the pulse.”
The question is: Would he be in it to win it? (That one’s for you, Haley Reinhart fans.)
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Remember those three mystery men from the current season of The Bachelorette who are set to appear on Bachelor Pad this summer? EW.com has revealed that one of them will be William, the just-ousted comedian cell phone salesman who made Ashley cry.
• Locke & Key — yes, the graphic novel-based pilot Fox declined to order to series — will do the unprecedented and hold a screening/panel at this year’s Comic-Con festivities. For everything else Con related, be sure to check out TVLine’s full-schedule at this link.
• True Blood premieres its fourth season this Sunday, June 26, and showrunner Alan Ball tells The Hollywood Reporter that while the HBO series might have a lot of life left in it, he’s not sure he’s long for the world of Bon Temps. “Right now I’m in the middle of negotiating for a fifth season,” Ball says. “I don’t know if I have any left in me after that. We’ll see.”
• HBO is developing Da Brick, a drama series loosely based on the childhood of the infamous Mike Tyson, Deadline reports. Entourage creator Doug Ellin, filmmaker Spike Lee, and writer John Ridley have teamed with the boxer/pigeon racer on the project, which is described as an “exploration of what it means to be a young, black man in supposedly post-racial America.”
• Griffin Dunne has joined the cast of Showtime’s upcoming dark comedy House of Lies, says The Hollywood Reporter. Starring opposite Kristen Bell and Don Cheadle, Dunne will play a world-famous management consultant who joins the firm.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?