Exclusive

Gossip Girl Exclusive: Meet Blair's New Nemesis

A new pot-stirrer is headed to the Upper East Side, and she’s threatening to derail Blair Waldorf’s big fat royal wedding.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that French actress/model Roxane Mesquida (Kaboom) is joining the cast of Gossip Girl as the meddling sister of Blair’s fiancée, Prince Louis.

Spoiler: Find Out Who Follows Serena to L.A.

Little else is known about Mesquida’s princess character, save for that fact that she is not happy about her brother’s impending union and is hell-bent on sabotaging it. Oh, and the role is recurring, so she’ll be around long enough to do some damage.

Gossip Girl‘s fifth season — its first without Taylor Momsen and Jessica Szohr — is slated to launch on Monday, Sept. 26 at 8/7c.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Melissa says:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2. Mairead says:

If I said “Ooh la la” would you write me off as a cliché?
    Sounds fun. I just hope it doesn’t get very samesy. They seem to have this story line a lot.
    Lady Catherine anyone?

3. Andre says:

I am so over Gossip Girl.
    It’s the same petty dramas over,…, and over…. and over….. and over again.

• Captain says:

Plus a party in EVERY FREAKING EPISODE! Do these people do anything else? How in the world do they plan parties for every day of the week?

• J says:

Hey, it’s a prime time SOAP. Haven’t you seen Days of Our Lives or The Young and the Restless lately? They throw random parties and have the same basic plot lines over and over again, yet they’ve been on the air for 30 years. (okay, so some of them are getting cancelled, but still…) And If they don’t have a party, how can they be in awesome evening clothes and cause mischief? It’s all part of the fun of the show! You gotta take it with a grain of salt if you’re gonna watch it and just love it for the cheese-fest it is. It’s not real drama. It’s contrived drama. And there’s something very fun about that.

• July says:

this is so truee!
      I just want Serena and Nate as a couple again.. but if this not happen i give up GG

4. ruby says:

though Gossip Girl did not wow me this season i can’t stop watching and the reason is any storyline involving blair she is such a magnatic character

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

Word. Gossip Girl fluctuates between brilliant and cringe-worthy, but Blair is always captivating. Sometimes she’s captivating like a train-wreck, but there is no denying she’s the sun this whole series revolves around. Leighton is incredible.

5. Ang says:

Oh GOODY! Now Chuck has someone to fawn all over after his ‘summer of maturity’ which made him a ‘new man’ and then Blair will get jealous and we can *finally* move on from all of this wedding stuff. Here is my theory, GG writers did not know if they were getting picked up for a 5th season so they used the Prince as a way to get Chuck to redeem himself somehow. By the time they got the green light for season 5, they added in some more scenes that were shot (the party @ the Empire)to give us the whole pregnancy cliff hanger.

• Captain says:

I would say Blair/Chuck are at least over until mid-season. The season finale dropped all kinds of hints about Dan/Blair and I can’t see the writers continuing with that story unless there’s some sort of pay-off. Also, I’m almost 100% sure that neither Blair nor Serena is pregnant.

• J says:

I hope they actually run with the Dan/Blair thing for awhile instead of a fake-out like they did. He still obviously has feelings for her and she’s got so many men on a string that she has no time for him. My bet: Louis will be phased out within the first four episodes, she’ll briefly consider going back to Chuck but he’ll do something stupid, and she’ll turn to Dan for comfort because Serena will be caught in some other drama and won’t be available. Either that or she’ll need Dan (as a trustworthy friend) to help her out with her scheming against Louis’ sister and they’ll get close again because of it.

• dj says:

or maybe we have a roxane -dan afair??? remember he told blair he would go only to his own royal weding???with the book published and everyone against him the princess could approach him for some details against blair , he wouldn’t reveall them but it may lead to an afair, causing blair’s jealousy and then some realization about her feelings for dan???is it too over the top??? but it would be so hilarious if her marriage being cancelling and in the same time dan was taking her place marrying a pricess haha…

6. Brittany says:

I love Louis! :)

7. ggny says:

yawn prince louis is boring as all hell…hopefully they get rid of him in the first 5 episodes then get to Dan and Chuck fighting over Blair

8. Aly says:

Im so over this whole prince storyline it so boring!!!!

9. Jaymii says:

Gonna throw some positivity into this — Blair storylines are almost always fun. Season four was strong, so I can’t wait for this. Sounds like a cool bit of drama on the side of drama.

10. CJ says:

Yay! I like Roxane, she is a beauty and such a great actress!! That could be pretty interesting, as long as she stay away from Chuckles lol. He have to GROW some more and be WORTHY of Blair.
    Thank you very much.

11. Ellen says:

Hopefully we’ll have Blair, THE bitch BACK. I almost didn’t recognise her in the second half of Season4 thanks to donut ofc. :S Be FIERCE again Blair!!!!

12. Shari says:

didn’t they hire a french actress at the beginning of LAST season to be Blair’s foil? (Clemence Posey)

YOU JUST DID THIS STORYLINE, GG!

Ugh – over this show

• Captain says:

That storyline was COMPLETELY different. Last year Blair was trying to get between Chuck and his french girlfriend. This season some french girl is trying to get between Blair and–wait a minute…

• filmex says:

Clemence Poesy is lovely, and she could hardly have been more wasted.

13. beth says:

rme, always the most boring plot they can think of! i don’t even care about the prince, i just want more dan/blair shenans before they go back to boring chair for the thousandth time.

14. jimmy says:

Screw her, bring back Juliet!! She and Katie Cassidy were the best thing about Season 4, they were the best thing about the show since season 1…

15. abc123 says:

The writers pretty much ran the show into the ground post-Katie Cassidy. The second part of season 4 was really bad, it was like I was watching a different show. The thing with these young people shows is, they always have a sell-by date. The show was fresh and original in seasons 1 and 2 but then when the characters went off to college the show transformed itself into something else and now the only reason I’m watching is out of habit. Honestly, it’s become like a chore to me lately. Good news, though: with the way the ratings have slipped lately, I’m pretty sure season 5 will be GG’s last. At least we’ll get to see a couple really good episodes near the end of the season/series… hopefully.

16. Ms. Chanandler Bong says:

Is that same girl who played Petrovsky’s daughter in SATC? Because she nailed being a B in that cafe scene!

17. Brock says:

They did the right thing writing out Vanessa and Jenny, but they’ve gotta kill off Marissa Cooper, sorry, Serena! I am waaaaaay over her diva antics and love quadrangles!

Juliet, as mentioned above, was the best thing about Season 4 and I would welcome her addition to the cast anytime!

18. Miffy says:

What is zee obzezzion with zee French on Gossip Girl?

19. Samantha says:

ZZZ OMG WHY??? Why not just come back and say the prince or Blair dumped one another? put us out of our misery already. Dang I can’t handle this ish anymore. Come on Writers.. Dan/Chuck! I’d be so torn too lol

20. deedeedragons says:

In the books it was Blair’s mother that got pregnant.

21. Cara says:

I’m so tired of them keeping Chuck and Blair apart. How long do they expect CB fans to wait? We’ve been waiting a long time and I think thats a main reason why the ratings got so low in season 4. Do they really expect us to keep watching while they continue to have Louis and throw Dan in there too? No way.

22. ala says:

zzzzzzzzzzzz this sounds so freaking boring tbh

23. Rebecca says:

No Jenny = Me not watching anymore.

I think I’m the only one this applies to, but she was my favorite character (even though Taylor Momsen is a drugged out nitwit) and everyone else gets on my nerves hardcore.

I only watched about 8 episodes this season and I’ll watch none next season.

24. Jessie says:

Roxane is a fantastic actress. I LOVE that they’re pitting her against Blair. Perfect casting.

25. SammyT says:

Everybody seems to be ‘so over’ something that i feel compelled to say i’m over something,so here it goes: i’m so over about being so over about other people who are so over about something i’m so over’…and i know that someone is gonna be ‘so over’ me after reading this comment…bt i don’t care because i’m gonna be so over this comment after finishing it…
    if you don’t understand this don’t worry cos you’re not the only one,i, myself,only understand the first 5 words and then i’m blank…

want a reason why you shouldn’t write ANYTHING while you’re high?read this comment until you don’t find it funny……………
    my work here is done