TVLine Items: True Bloody Fast Series Recap, Thrones' Big Finale, Bieber Is Funny, and More
Are you dying to jump on the True Blood bandwagon, but too far behind to catch up on all three seasons before this Sunday’s premiere? HBO has got you covered with this handy dandy five-minute recap clip, seen below.
Not unlike those famously informative Lost catch-up sessions, the cable giant has assembled everything you need to know about Sookie Stackhouse, Bill Compton and the rest of Bon Temps into a nice little package. Now there’s no reason for you to miss out on True Blood‘s special brand of fun.
An added bonus for some of you Trubies out there: If you’re an iPad owner with an HBO subscription in your home, the free HBO GO app will allow you to watch the second episode of Season 4 (“You Smell Like Dinner”) a full week early — immediately following this Sunday’s opener.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• HBO’s Game of Thrones wrapped up its season with the ratings intensity of, well, a fire-breathing dragon. Sunday’s freshman finale drew a season-high 3 million total viewers, EW.com reports. That tally swells to 3.9 mil when you add in the 11 o’clock encore.
• Teen crooner Justin Bieber will make his fourth appearance on Late Show with David Letterman this Wednesday night, not to perform but instead appear in a comedy segment, CBS reports.
• Comedy Central has decided not to renew Sports Show with Norm MacDonald and Onion SportsDome, both of which have already wrapped their respective first seasons.
• Beau Bridges (Brothers & Sisters) has scored a guest spot on the midseason finale of USA Network’s White Collar, airing August 9. Bridges will play Peter’s (Tim DeKay) mentor, a “well-decorated federal officer” from their Quantico days, says TVGuide.com.
• The upcoming nuptials between The Sing Off emcee Nick Lachey and incoming Wipeout’s hostess Vanessa Minnillo will be broadcast for all the world to see on TLC. An airdate for Nick and Vanessa’s Dream Wedding is currently being kept under wraps.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?