Exclusive

True Blood Exclusive: Scott Foley Joins Cast as [Major Spoiler Alert]!

True Blood‘s fourth season hasn’t even gotten underway yet and already Alan Ball is making plans for a likely fifth — big plans.

Sources confirm to TVLine exclusively that tube MVP Scott Foley is joining the cast in a major recurring role that will kick off in the Season 4 finale and, assuming the show gets renewed (duh, it will), continue into Season 5.

The Felicity and Unit alum — who spent a good part of last season playing husband to Kim Raver’s Teddy on Grey’s Anatomy — will tackle the role of Patrick, a tough and ruggedly attractive old army buddy of Terry’s (Todd Lowe) who pays him a visit.

Want Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Me On Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

The gig is not expected to derail Foley’s expected return to Grey’s this fall since his TB debut is slated to shoot later this month and the ABC hit doesn’t resume production until July.

True Blood‘s fourth season kicks off this Sunday at 9/8c.

Thoughts? Happy Lowe is getting what appears to be a major storyline — not to mention a new big-name co-star?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Jason says:

For some reason this has “Quinn” from the books written all over it to me!

• evs says:

thought so too. but why with terry? andre is also an option i think

• Jon says:

I can’t wait to see who they cast as Quinn! The timing for the character is about right but I don’t think this guy could pull off the Quinn look and the backstories don’t match up either. Quinn should be a part of season 5 though and he should be sticking around for a couple of seasons.

• Daniel says:

I always thought of Quinn as a ginormous beefbus but sexy type guy. Much like Joe who plays Alcide.

• LSeraphim says:

I know it’s silly, but if you’ll look up “The Next Food Network Star” for this year I always picture quinn as Vic Vegas from that show. I sas him a few times before he got on this years NFNS and never thought I’d see him again so my brain just kinda went there. Take a look.

2. Danielle says:

Incredibly happy! He’s great! I really enjoy all his work.

3. Jon says:

I wish they wouldn’t keep making up so many characters. There are so many great ones in the books that they could pull from.

4. kristen says:

I thought Quinn was a big, muscular, bald guy. Not so sure if that fits Foley. I’m super excited though…another piece of eye candy for the ladies :)

5. Megan says:

Yeah, Quinn was more of a Vin Diesel type…Charlaine Harris said herself. But Alan Ball has done quite a good job at creating characters that fit right in…But as someone who read the books I can see how fans would be frusterated by all the new character. I say let Alan Ball do what he wants…he has done a great job so far!

6. Dee says:

When I read his name I thought: Please not Quinn, Please not Quinn!! Phew.

7. ggny says:

anything that gets Todd Lowe a good storyline im excited about

• Liz says:

Absolutely! I love Terry! And I have loved that actor since Gilmore Girls! :) Him & Lane were such a great couple…

8. Ben says:

I was worried for a minute there was he was going to be Quinn, who is supposed to be big, bald and black or at least least mixed race according to the book and approved character sketches. To be honest I wouldn’t care too much because Quinn was never really a great character.

The one I really will be interested to see is Claude, according to the books every woman who looks at him instantly starts drooling over him so whoever they cast will have a lot to live up to.

• Becky says:

Claude is in the 8 minute sneak preview on HBO Go and YouTube. The guy playing him has short brown hair and isn’t very hunky at all. But they didn’t cast Claudine as anything like her book description either.

• Barbara says:

I thought that was Claude too but think about this, he says “My sister sent for you.” I took that to mean the other woman was his sister. Claudine didn’t send for Sook. The other Mabe woman “sent” for her. Make sense? That’s just what I took from it.

9. Johanna says:

NOEL!!!

10. DurpaDur says:

Read people! It says he’s playing someone named Patrick, a friend of Terry’s..not Quinn… *eyeroll*

• Laurel says:

EXACTLY !
      Quinn wasn’t an “army buddy of Terry’s”
      And the last time I checked “Patrick” wasn’t Quinn’s name either…

I’m looking forward to Quinn entering the picture .
      Scott Foley really wouldn’t even come close to who Quinn is supposed to be I’m glad Alan Ball gave him a different part.

• kym says:

Hmmm. Patrick Furnhan was *not* a great character in the book. Pretty awful, actually. Of course, Alan Ball is re-writing the whole Sookie-verse anyway, so it shouldn’t matter much. I just hope that TB doesn’t have Scott Foley playing a slimeball. That would be a drag.

• Amanda says:

Obviously Foley isn’t Quinn, but I just thought that I’d point out that A LOT has happened on the show that did not happen in the books. Lafayette perhaps is the best example of this, considering that he died in the books, and also that he and Tara weren’t even related. Ball pretty much can do whatever he likes in show.
        With all that said, I could care less for Quinn. I hope he’s left out all together.
        As for Foley…I love him. Soooo happy to hear he’ll be a part of the show. Leon rules!

11. SarahLost says:

There’s a Patrick in the books but he’s not friends with Terry. Kind of weird.

• 4F says:

That threw me for a second as well. Is Patrick Furnan going to be on this season? Or would that come later?? I can’t keep track of the show’s timeline, and the books have sort of run together in my mind.

• Anna says:

Patrick Furnan makes sense. In the books there are a lot of weres in the military and even though the show does not follow the books exactly, they do keep a general overall season (book) arch intact. Plus, Patrick Furnan would mean more Alcide and that would make me very happy. Joe is, to send a throwback to the late eighties: supperfine.

12. Raechel says:

I love Scott Foley and I’m glad it wont bother his re-turning to Grey’s cuz I love his character.

I don’t mind Alan making up new character that aren’t in the books (and I love the books). I really hope he doesn’t do Quinn cuz I never cared for his character in the books. I hope he does Amelia, I love her and how she interacts with Sookie. Really any character that doesn’t really interact with Sookie, Bill & Eric are going to have to be made up by Alan cuz everyone else is really there to interact with mostly Sookie and doesn’t have there own story line except for Jason.

13. Kari G says:

This just made my day! I love True Blood, and I love love love Scott Foley :)

14. Kelly says:

Jason Momoa!
    Perfect Quinn! He’s 6’4 olive colored skin with light scarring.nsexy he’ll too!

• krista says:

I agree he would be perfect for the role of quinn and his character on game of thrones just died off so who knows…maybe and I would love to see him in more work

• Kimi says:

Meow!!! I’ll second that. Just saw the Conan trailer… Phwaaarrrwww

15. 4F says:

I’m glad this is not the person who will play Quinn! He’d be allll wrong for that role.

16. Kira says:

I see Quinn as that bald hottie who was on the last season of Burn Notice…

17. Liz says:

WTF??? But he is such a… I don’t know how to say it, pretty boy? Will he have the density of the other actors? Because True Blood is something different than Felicity! (though that show was nice! But it’s not True Blood!).

18. Suncatcher says:

Loved Scott Foley in The Unit. He’ll be great with True! Great move!

19. catpants says:

Sweet, looking forward to this season finally. Foley is great.

20. Danielle H. says:

Phew! I read this apprehensively because I thought it was going to reallllly spoil something, but it wasn’t bad at all. I follow trueblood-online.com (The Vault) religiously and had already heard about Terry getting a storyline towards the end of the season, so it just tied in with that.
    Don’t think just because he’s pretty that he won’t fit in. True Blood is shot to where everyone looks kind of gritty (well except Eric, cause how the heck could you make a blond god like him look gritty lol).

21. Rebecca Parker says:

This is awesome news! I’ve loved Scott ever since Noel :)

22. blahdeeblah says:

Nooo… does this mean his stint on Grey’s will end soon? I was hoping he would be stay on as Teddy’s husband. I love those eyes too much to see them go.

23. Christine Dahl says:

I doubt it’s Quin. First off the man is so not like the character in the book I can’t believe Alan Ball would go this far away from the way he is in the book. And it says he’s a friend of Terry’s. It’s simply a new character not in the book. I wish they would have included Bubba in the TV story. There’s so many Elvis look a likes they could find someone to do the story line!!!

24. Alberto says:

OMG, he is SO hot!!!!

25. Patrick says:

It’s Terry’s old war buddy he saved.

26. Star crossed says:

Patrick is the long tooth pack leader. In book 5.

27. JJ says:

He’s not playing Quinn, people!! ;) Speaking of Quinn,I really never got his & Sookie’s relationship, it seemed so forced. I hope they don’t bring his character into the show. However, it won’t stop me from watching my favorite show ever(if they do decide to bring him in).

28. lalala says:

Quinn should be played by the Rock.

29. iKitty says:

This casting makes absolutely no sense to me at all.

30. Waw I thought this guy was hot in Grey’s Anatomy. I am so glad he will be in another of my fave shows; True Blood. I don’t think it makes sense for him to be Quinn but then again I don’t remember Terry having any army buds visit him in the books…

Will have to wait and see I guess.

31. true says:

I want to see James Ford from Lost in the True Blood cast! yum

32. Mara says:

I love the Quinn character! It’s so nice for sookie to be with someone who has a heartbeat!
    On that note, when reading the books I always had Channing Tatum in my head for the role of Quinn, he even recently shaved his head and now I see it even more!!

33. Jessica says:

JASON MOMOA for Quinn- AMAZING! He would be great for that role, only thing is…would he be willing to shave that beautiful head of hair he’s got?

34. rachal says:

Jason momoa…….please!

35. Christy says:

That’s EXACTLY what I thought TOO! He’s an alright actor, I guess- would make a good match for Holly Maybe.. But for GOD’s Sake PLEASE NOT QUINN! Lol! ;) & I am thrilled that Todd Lowe gets a Main SL!

36. Christy says:

Jason Momoa! & If Y’all think about it.. He wouldn’t have to cut his hair.. remember how different Claudine’s & (what I think was Claude) appearances were? Alan Ball makes some changes.. So Maybe *cross y’all’s fingers & toes*!!

37. Thomas povinelli says: