Comic-Con

Jason Patric Lands Lead in FX's Powers Pilot

Jason Patric (Sleepers) has been tapped as the male lead in the FX drama pilot Powers.

Based on the graphic novel by Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming, the project, written by Charles H. Eglee and to be directed by Michael Dinner, is a police procedural set in a world where superpowers are relatively common. It centers on two detectives — Christian Walker (Patric) and Deena Pilgrim (to be played by Lucy Punch, The Class) — in a Homicide department that deals with cases involving “powers” (people with superpowers).

For more details on this story, visit TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com.

Comments (12)

• Patric is a fantastic actor. He is better than the biggest stars out there. Maybe this will launch him back into movies where he belongs. I will watch this show.

Comment by GSpot – June 21, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Veeeery interesting.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 21, 2011 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey Sacal,
      Ever heAR of AFTER DARK MY SWEET? RUSH? YOUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS? NARC? You are a snarky fool. Patric is on par with any actor out there.

Comment by HyTie – June 21, 2011 08:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I didn’t say anything bad about his casting, dude. I think he’s a good actor. I said it was interesting, as in an unexpected choice.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 21, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What else has he been in? No idea what Sleepers is. I know I’ve seen him around though…

Comment by Danielle H. – June 21, 2011 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lost Boys and Speed 2.

Comment by Michael Sacal – June 21, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lost Boys, Entourage

Comment by Roy Munson – June 21, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s also best known for sweeping away Julia Roberts after she just about dumped Kiefer Sutherland at the altar back in 1991.

Comment by Bob – June 22, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow …

This is a huge step down from the Kyle Chandler/Katee Sackoff team they were talking about.

Comment by wow – June 21, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was really hoping the Kyle Chandler thing would work out as well, but I think this could still work out nicely.

Comment by Matt – June 22, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, I’m too busy mourning the Kyle Chandler what-could-have-been. He better be in every movie next year to make it up to me.

Comment by Soleil – June 21, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Chandler turned it down, and Katee got herself cast into a different series. So, let it go about them, neither must have been much interested.

I like this series and a live action version could be really good, especially since Brian will be “hands on” in it’s production. It should prevent it from being another “Heroes.”

Comment by darclyte – June 22, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post