Glee Boss Ryan Murphy: 'Amazing Stories' Coming for Mercedes, Mike, Tina, and Sue

Get More: Glee, News, Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

Glee co-creator and executive producer Ryan Murphy used to worry about how fans would react to the introduction of new characters to the show’s merry band of musical high-school outcasts. But as he plans Season 3 of Fox’s smash hit — including a long-envisioned “endgame,” a graduation strategy for New Directions’ senior classmen, and a fresh crop of young talent (including one warbler from his new Oxygen reality series The Glee Project) — Murphy says he’s put those worries behind him. “It’s all about the stories and characters,” says Murphy. “It’s our job to find new [stars] that people will love, but I never feel like we’re replacing anybody. The [core] characters are irreplaceable.” With that philosophy in mind, here’s what Murphy says you can expect from Season 3:

Character Will Trump Razzle-Dazzle and Bold-Faced Guest Stars | “Season 2 was definitely about bigger, better, flashier,” says Murphy. “And I loved so much about Season 2. I loved the Gwyneth story. I loved the bullying story. Chris Colfer and Darren Criss did an amazing job, as did Max Adler. But Season 3 we decided is going to be character, character, character.” How will that manifest itself? For starters, there’ll be only one musical tribute episode — though it’ll be a biggie. “It’s one I’ve been working on for two years — it took forever to clear — with a really big artist,” Murphy teases. Oh, and don’t expect a parade of Oscar winners, pop divas, and Broadway vets to populate the McKinley High hallways. “We’re not going to have any guest stars,” says Murphy. “And we’re going to do fewer songs.”

New Directions’ Unsung Heroes Are About to Start Singing | “We’re writing stuff this year for [characters] who haven’t had those big stories,” says the exec producer. “We have an amazing Mercedes story. We have a great Mike and Tina story. They’re fascinating. I love them as performers and it’s time they get their due. Also, Matt Morrison last year didn’t really have the big, huge arc he had in Season 1, but he will in the upcoming season.”

A Change Is Gonna Come for Sue Sylvester — Personally and Professionally | “We have an amazing 20-episode arc for Jane Lynch that’s quite fantastic,” says Murphy, and it will partly focus on her character’s campaign for Congress. “We’ve decided it’s a little tired for Sue to be constantly trying to destroy the glee club. We did that, and we did that well. But now it’s time for Sue to stop picking on the glee club and time for her to start picking on the country,” Murphy says with a laugh. What’s more, Our Lady of Track Suits will also be involved in some romantic intrigue. “One thing I’m looking for is someone for Sue Sylvester to love. Who is that person — man or woman? Who is man enough to love Sue Sylvester? That’s an interesting idea,” Murphy adds. “Jane did that Rod Remington romantic arc so well, so it’s something I’ve always wanted to find for her. How would Sue date? I’m interested in that.”

Blaine, Sam, and Lauren Are in Limbo…Till at Least Next Week Anyway | Murphy says no decision has been made regarding the status for Darren Criss (Blaine), Chord Overstreet (Sam), or Ashley Fink (Lauren). “We’ve just started to write [the new season], so I don’t know who we’re bringing back or who we’re letting go. We’ll be deciding that in the next week or so,” says Murphy. “I don’t think of it as coming down to the wire, I just look at it as, ‘Okay, what are the stories?’ That’s what it’s about for me next season.”

Murphy Has Been Planning the Season 3 Endgame for Three Years Now | “We now have a writing staff of nine people, and they’re all great, heavy hitters,” boasts Murphy. As a result, he and co-creator Brad Falchuk have decided to point the show toward the exact endgame Murphy envisioned when he first pitched Glee more than three years ago. To that end…

Don’t Look for the McKinley Class of 2012 to Roam the School’s Hallways Come Sept. 2012, Unless… | Murphy says he was shocked that his recent interview with Ryan Seacrest — during which he reiterated his plans to have McKinley’s seniors get their caps and gowns by season’s end – got such widespread pickup, seeing how he’s made his plan public for the last year. “The show to me is about the way you express yourself as you start to move out into the world as a fresh, young person. Do we really want to have an eight-year senior?” he asks. “The only way somebody could stay on the show is if they flunk, and that is always a possibility. I think Brittany is pulling straight Fs.” Asked if he might change course and brainstorm some last-minute plot twists that would allow, for example, Puck to score a gig as an assistant football coach at McKinley, Murphy offers a firm “No.”

Then Again, Don’t Assume Some of Your Favorite New Directions Members Won’t Resurface in a Spinoff Series | Presented with the concept of Rachel and Kurt and a few of their pals spearheading a new hour on Fox about a group of young artists who head to New York City to pursue their musical theater dreams, Murphy doesn’t immediately shoot it down. “It’s an interesting idea,” he says. “The questions are ‘How would we do it? And when would we do it?’ It would have to be something I would talk about to Peter Rice and Kevin Reilly and Dana Walden and Gary Newman. What we’re trying to do now — maybe those discussions will happen around December — we’re just now trying to do the first 10 episodes.” Not that Murphy’s brain hasn’t dabbled with a flash-forward to Rachel’s future. “I keep saying that with the new Funny Girl revival, they should just say it’s Rachel Berry in Funny Girl — get Lea to do that, but as Rachel Berry. It would be a crowd-pleaser.”

What do you think of Murphy’s plans for Season 3? Anything strike you as genius or scary? Sound off below, and for all the Glee news you need to get you through the summer, follow us on Twitter @TVLineNews!

Comments (316)

• Oh, and don’t expect a parade of Oscar winners, pop divas, and Broadway vets to populate the McKinley High hallways. “We’re not going to have any guest stars,” says Murphy. “And we’re going to do fewer songs.”

Wow, doesn’t sound like a Glee episode at all if they are taking away what brings people in. If we want a drama based entirely on people’s personal lives we would find a different show. Glee IS about the songs and guests, it’s what keeps things interesting.

Comment by ronda – June 22, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More songs, not less. The perfect Glee episodes would be all musical numbers, and maybe a Brittany non sequitur, and Shue takes a vacation.

Comment by Rush – June 22, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cute comment… and it may happen for at least one episode in which all lines are sung…

Comment by Lily – June 22, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree about that songs, but why are the guest needed? All they do is take away from the main story and then leave. If you want to see new people, they should add new lasting characters. That is more believeable.

Comment by iamnotthattypeofgirl – June 30, 2011 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like someone has been reading the blogs on all of the sites that have blasted him for season 2 and his plans for the future. He better make good on the spin-off and the character development, if he’s getting rid of the core cast. And I don’t really care about Will or Sue. The kids, mainly Cory, Lea, and Chris, are why I watch.

Comment by Reen – June 22, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “We’re not going to have any guest stars,” says Murphy. “And we’re going to do fewer songs.”

Murphy has signed the show’s death warrant. I really only watch the show for the musical numbers, not the trite soap operatic stories.

Comment by Rush – June 22, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!! thats what i love and the songs are what separates it from every other show on t.v.

Comment by k_gleek – June 22, 2011 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I miss season 1 where all the characters got a chance and the music wrote the show. Now it’s become the Blaine Anderson show with a mess of a plot line.

Comment by Rhiannon – October 3, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off, why so many changes? This show is excellent! Why would you mess with it’s massive popularity? Don’t put in less music. And as far as graduating people? Yes, eight years is a bit long to be seniors, but how about two? I think fans/viewers could buy that if they really love the characters; I would. I mean, play it by ear. Most importantly, I am quite sure the fan base for Darren Criss is HUGE (to say the least). You’d be crazy to let him go. And not only him, WE LOVE the Blaine/Kurt relationship. And may I say, shame on you Ryan Murphy, if you set up this love story with such strong social implications, such an important issue, only to have it fizzle out…?

Comment by stlltruckin – June 22, 2011 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Welcome to the Ryan Murphy universe… Then again… it is highschool… as much as we would love Klaine to last… it wont…

Comment by Lily – June 22, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • S2 was much weaker than S1. Sue Sylvester’s character was a joke, and not in a good way. It became a caricature and her stories were non realistic and in bad taste.

Comment by Agustin – June 22, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t believe for a second that Darren Criss will not be a series regular come fall. Maybe Lauren and Sam, but not Blaine. Also, I like how they say “we decided it is a little tired of Sue to be continuously trying to destroy the Glee club.” No, that is called listening to your fans. Also, I would love a spin-off and if they don’t give Lea Michelle the lead in the Funny Girl revival, they are idiots.

Comment by Amy – June 22, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve seen lots of people say they ‘love’ certain characters, but how many have honestly gone through some significant life process because of them? Honestly, Max Adler’s performance seems to be THE most influential impact any Glee character/actor/arc has had on viewers aside from Kurt himself.

Comment by Jenna – June 22, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed, Kurt and Karofsky bring a lot to the show and they’ve inspired a lot of people. So why is Blaine getting all the screen time, he bring NOTHING to the show and he has half of season 2 pretty much to himself and made a mess of it….More Kurt and Karofsky, less Blaine….

Comment by Rhiannon – October 3, 2011 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Honestly, it’s hard to follow Ryan Murphy’s ramblings about character development on Glee. One minute he talks about how excited his is about the character of Blaine. How he wants a gay power couple on the show. The next minute – ‘I have no story for Blaine’. Does he give these sorts of interviews any thought before hand? We don’t have to go any further than Quinn’s plot line on season 2 to know he really doesn’t give this a lot of thought. I hope these new writers can develop some real character plot lines ’cause frankly he kinda sucks at it.

Comment by PDB – June 22, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Will centered season long arc, hell yeah. No doubt Emma/Wemma will be involved. They are core to the show after all.

You all might hate to hear this but its a fact, the Wemma relationship is going to be the only relationship that lasts from the start to the finish of the show.

Comment by Janet – June 22, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does he really mean no guest stars? What about Anne hathaway’s storyline? I thought that was supposed to happen…and I hope Idina, Jonathan, and Kristin all come back.

Comment by Anissa – June 22, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, you are right… Seems that Ryan Murphy has to break his promise again…

Comment by Lily – June 22, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yey mike and tina are getting a storyline im so happy its about time they did they are such an amazing couple and tina has always been my favorite character :)

Comment by janie – June 22, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Same could go… Darren has had a much bigger impact on the show, but isn’t Blaine going to college next semester anyway?

I have a feeling they are on the fence about Sam. They put his family in a motel to make it easy for them to “move away” if needed and then gave him a Mercedes a “secret” relationship to see how many fans would react to that story positively. If the reviews are positive, I think he will be in, but I just reacted a little puzzled and I don’t believe the relationship had the impact they were looking for for S3.

Comment by Steve Z – June 22, 2011 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No he doesn’t Blaine is a boring character all he brings to the show is a boyfriend for Kurt, he doesn’t deserve all the screen time he’s getting Darren even said that he doesn’t think Blaine should be getting all that screen time.

Comment by Rhiannon – October 3, 2011 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • News flash, Murphy: The “Sue tries to destroy the Glee club” plot was old waaaay before the end of season 3.

Comment by Gitano – June 22, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Puck and Quinn to get back together!!!! Can we please get quick scoop?

Comment by Alison – June 22, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did i read it right when ryan murphy said “And we’re going to do fewer songs.” FEWER songs?!?! that is what i like most about the show and thats what makes it stand out from EVERY OTHER SHOW!!!! i will be ROYALLY PISSED if they do less songs and more annoying drama!

Comment by k_gleek – June 22, 2011 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Personally, I’m glad the minor Glee Characters are going to stand out more this season. Like, Mercedes, first of all, they kind of have her just there. She sings a solo here and there, but not that much happens with her. She hasn’t had a real relationship either, this is why I like the fact that there will be a potential Sam/Mercedes relationship Season 3. It wouldn’t make sense for RM To get rid of Sam, because alot of us actually want to know the story behind them. Most likely, this would have to be part of the Mercedes story. Tina and Mike also need more spotlight. All they really did in Season 2 is have a random make-out session here and there. I love them together, but I feel we need to know more about their characters. Maybe Mike should sing 2 songs this season. Sing! wasn’t really an opportunity to hear his voice. Or go along with his dancing angle in Glee, Harry Shum Jr. is an awesome dancer.

Comment by Gen – June 22, 2011 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • firsty big mistake if they let darren criss go and then i hear he will be in S4 so what the deal with that wud be great but without kurt what will the show become also dont know why they let him go as he said he’ll audition for season 3 ND so whats the plan to break kurt and blaine because he cant get in the glee club honestly if that the plan tell us now save us the trouble of finding out down the line all i know is like to see blaine and kurt together in season 3 for the last time with a good ending if its comes to an end and honestly shows dont last once they get any character together i seen in many shows but i still want a happy ending for all hope we get what we want..

Comment by angel – June 22, 2011 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine becomes an exchange student in a foreign country and dissapears in Season 3, only to come back in Season 4…

Comment by Lily – June 22, 2011 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ok one thing shows great but i think if darren criss wasnt in the show it wudnt be where it is now and i think they know that too and i have watched from season 1 to 2 and i seen the shows was better with darren criss in it so they be crazy to let him go now we havent even seen him in the new direction yet my dreams are going to be shattered give him a go and he loves beening on glee as he said so many times as long as we get another season of more airtime with blaine and kurt with a happy ending im happy with that i think season 2 was rushed they sudve got blaine/kurt together in season 3 and go to new york or somthing i hav seen so many shows with a let down cant understand films are my life sounds mayb crazy to some but somtimes shows are better then real life itself u just love to live there lifes so dont changes anything major keep the show as it is and work your way around it i have so many ideas and i wud give what the audience want and wudvt care about anything else that my opinion wish sometimes are opinions matter thank for listening but now just hav to wait and see what happens

Comment by mel – June 23, 2011 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m not saying they should let Darren go but Blaine needs a lot less screen time, Blaine is a supporting character and gets way too much screen time for someone who has little personality and brings so little to the show.

Comment by Rhiannon – October 3, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what about Quinn???

Comment by July – June 23, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone else think Vitamin C’s “Graduation Song (Friends Forever)” would be fitting for the graduation episode for season 3? I can definitely imagine the different parts for all the characters.

Comment by JC – June 23, 2011 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always think of that song when I think of Graduation. I agree with you 100%. When Fin mentioned graduating next year I though..”They should sing that song by Vitamin C”. :)

Comment by iamnotthattypeofgirl – June 30, 2011 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As an artist myself, i’d expect more music numbers, more romances, etc. The fact that the status on Sam, Blaine & Lauren are unknown is pathetic. I understand the Graduation process in season 3, but they shouldn’t shut the Seniors out. Why can’t they have the show follow their lives as well? Why couldn’t they come back to help New Directions? Simple as that!

Comment by Joel – June 23, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope we’ll see more of Dave Karofsky’s story in season 3….
    His story is important to a lot of people…..

Also, Max Adler is a great actor, hopefully the producers make him regular….

Comment by ty – June 23, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Sam leaves, I’m practically done. He’s my favorite character.

I might still watch it if Sam leaves but I will definitely not being nearly as into it as I am now.

Comment by Sarah – June 23, 2011 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lauren should leave!! then we should have PUCKELBERRY!!

Comment by hayley – June 23, 2011 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the next season is focusing on the characters that haven’t gotten quite enough screentime, I’d love to see assurance that Max Adler is returning as Karofsky.

The few scenes that he’s been in have been incredibly inspiring, and I know many fans (including myself) would love to see him continue on the path to self-acceptance. “I can’t” just seems too negative a place for Glee to leave a character…

Comment by Zachary – June 24, 2011 12:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we just ditch the new directions and follow the warblers from now on?

Comment by Tom – June 24, 2011 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tina?????? Oh RIGHT, I forgot about her considering she had no storyline in Season 2 and one lame storyline in Season 1 about faking a stutter. In fact, Blaine, who was introduced after Season 2 started, has gotten 7 more solos than Tina. Plus, half of her solos end in Tina bursting into tears. Sorry, but I hate how RM adds ad adds new characters when he already has perfectly good ones on his hands.

Comment by Sharon – June 24, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the idea of Darren’s character. But the problem is they didn’t execute as well. They didn’t capture enough of Darren’s personality which made him a strong guy, but a little dull. They need to dive deeper into him, and he will be a truly great character. And he can act. That’s evident from AVPM. And he can sing. I actually love his high notes from some of his older stuff. I don’t think they’re carrying his characterization out well enough. I also want them to dive in Chord’s character. Less Rachel–I HATE all of Finn’s relationships. And axe Zises. She brings nothing to the cast. And I want to learn about Mike. Maybe see if he can sing. They just focus on Quinn, Rachel, and Finn and it’s old. Yep. That’s all.

Comment by Amanda – June 25, 2011 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’VE HAD IT WITH RYAH MURPHY WHO IS A TERRIBLE WRITER, AND RUINED THE SHOW
    GLEE WITH HIS CRAPPY STORYLINES. NOW HE INTENDS TO GIVE MORE TIME TO SUE, AND
    MR. SHUE WHO I CAN DO WITHOUT. I WANT TO SEE THE KIDS THAT INCLUDES BLAINE
    DARREN CRISS, KURT, SANTANA, BRITTANY, ARTIE, CHORD, MERCEDES, MIKE. LEA,
    CORY. THEY MAKE THE SHOW. IF DARREN CRISS IS NOT BACK AFTER ALL THE HOOPLA
    ABOUT LOVING KURT I’M DONE,WISH I KNEW WHO TO WRITE AT FOX TO DUMP RYAN
    MURPHY FROM GLEE.

Comment by jackie – June 26, 2011 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t want anyone to go on glee but it would be better to make others who aren’t needed for a particular episode to say a few lines or none and add some new characters not only for the New Directions to be a BIG wall of sound but also for the continuation of the show after other characters graduated so that no one would feel the sudden change if everyone on the glee club got replaced on a new season.

Comment by jc – June 29, 2011 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love all of the characters. but pleaaaaaaaaaase no more mr shue. his storylines are boring, stupid and lame.

Comment by Sue – June 30, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope we see some parents in season 3. not to be any main focal point, but just to see who they match the kids up with.

Comment by Sue – June 30, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we have some proper relationship drama that doesn’t involve love triangles or stupid Finchel/Fuinn-esque cheating?

If Blaine is transferred (which I think he might be). I can see a lot of opportunity to expand on his character. What would result in him having to leave a school as good as Dalton for the depressingly homophobic halls of McKinley high? Why would he say goodbye to Dalton’s zero tolerance policy?

Exactly how demonstrative will he be with Kurt if he’s afraid of being beaten up again? How will Kurt feel? How will he deal with Karofsky?
    Will there be misunderstandings in his and Kurt’s relationship? How will they deal with being in love and being in McKinley?

I also think there is scope for humourous uplifting Klaine storylines.

Comment by Ella – June 30, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee-makers, if you’re listening.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have Sam and Mercedes duet on “It’s Only Love.”

Bryan Adams has said you can call him!

More Tina, too.

And Puck has to go back to his old ways. The Glee girls can sing “Magic Man” since he’s been through all of them (except Tina).

Otherwise, I’m sure we’re waiting with baited breath for the new season. Keep up the great work.

And if you spin off a “political comedy” for Sue In Office, I’ll tune in every week, but you have to keep the dialogue as great as it always is for her…

Comment by selenem – June 30, 2011 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Some things I am worried about…
    1.) Puck needs more lines in S3, I mean, he had a good spotlight in S1 but S2 he was kinds made into a wimp and his only real arc was with Lauren (and that was the end of the season).
    2.) I already thought they did not have enough songs as it was. Now they are cutting more?
    3.) Not going to talk about this subject much but….Darren needs to come back. Peirod.
    4.) DAVE NEEDS TO HAVE A LOVE INTEREST! I want Sue to find her own man or women, but Dave needs someone as well. If they’re going to start a certain role for him to play ( a gay male) they need to finish it.
    5.) I hope they go back to singing older songs. I like modern music, but when they sang songs not as well known it introduced me to some quality music. I believe they kinda lost that in season 2.

Things I am happy about…

1.) Did anyone else notice that the reporter slipped up and said that the person who wins the Glee Project will be a warbler? That means automatically that it is a boy. :)
    2.) Mr.S will get more viewing time. I hope that means him and Emma will finally get back together. Also, he most likely will not be leaving because he is the teacher.
    3.) The cast is moving on. I like that they are being realistic in saying that a 8 year high school would not work. Even though it will be sad to see people go. :(
    4.) Fresh faces. I am excited to see new talent they find. My iPod is ready to download new Glee music.
    5.) Less huest staring. I loved the guest stars but I think they distracted way to much from the main story arcs. They seemed like fillers more than anything.

So there you go. The five good and the five bad. I can not wait for next seaosn!

Comment by iamnotthattypeofgirl – June 30, 2011 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg if they get rid of blaine and Sam I will die! I never liked Lauren any way so I don’t care if they axe her, but I love Darren criss and he and Chris colfer have such great chemistry. And both season 1 and 2 were mainly about Kurt and if they don’t want the third season to be too much about him they will have to keep Darren!! He is just to damn fine to get rid of any way! =P

Comment by Kaitlyn – July 2, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m personally sad to see Chord Overstreet leave. I mean, Ryan Murphy should have made the finale more consistent to his departure; I saw a lot of potential for Sam and Mercedes, as Lima is a fairly conservative town so I’m interested in what an interracial couple could potentially bring, with Sam’s financial situation, and it doesn’t really seem fair to give them the last scene when very little will be coming out of it. Anyways, I have a feeling that it’s rather ill-planned.
    I want to see more character development. I’m a big fan of Darren Criss but so far the character of Blaine does not serve Darren’s acting potential. One look at Little White Lie, a project he did before Glee, and you can see that he is clearly a good actor, and his original works are nothing short of wonderful. He seems more like a plot device and less like a character. I don’t like the way his talents are being used. He sings Top 40 with enthusiasm and amazing stage presence, but he shines best when he means what he sings. That said, Darren and Chris are both great actors. They obviously have chemistry as a couple, and both of them are endearing and great people as well. I’m glad Ryan Murphy has decided to make Darren Criss a series regular because I wish the best for him and admire him as an artist and a person, but the writers had better give his character more depth. The little scene with prom was the closest to character depth we’ve seen and the half-assed bisexuality storyline was just embarrassing. Fans have pretty much given Blaine his own personality, such as his love for Disney and Harry Potter, struggles with his family’s lack of acceptance, and that he needs Kurt just as much as Kurt needs him. Ryan Murphy can work off that, for starters…

I’m glad they kept Harry Shum Jr. The problem is that he’s pretty much just the dance guy. I want to see plot. The Asian couple can have so much potential when it comes to clashing cultures. I’m an Asian immigrant myself so I’m extremely touchy about Asian culture and I’m interested in how it plays out.

Quinn has been ruined this season. The prom queen storyline was frankly stupid. I thought that after her pregnancy things could get remarkably interesting as she has learned the truth and cruelty of high school hierachy; however, she just goes back to being incredbily bitchy with no sign of personal growth. One may say that writers did it on purpose to show that she’s making an effort to overcome the pregnancy stint, but since they never made her break down and address it, I have reasons to believe that’s not the case.
    I would like to see Max Adler back; HOWEVER, I do NOT want to see him end up with Kurt; it’s not a good message to send, period. He by himself will lead a fabulous storyline of accepting who he is and I’m hoping he’ll find happiness and friends for a support group, but Kurt as a romantic interest for him really disturbs me.
    Finn’s a douchebag this season.
    Holly Holiday was a waste of time.
    Jesse St. James has been ruined. I love Jonathon Groff so I could only weep.
    Puck has like, no storyline.
    Brittany and Santana have the potential to change the perspectives about many. It has been implied that while Santana is a lesbian, Brittany is bisexual; therefore I hope they will be able to handle that storyline properly.
    Rachel’s the only who’s shown some personal grown this season. She’s finally starting to get along with people although she’s still bat crap crazy. Making out with Puck due to her selfishness and self-righteousness was kind of an in-character thing to do. Lea Michele has the greatest voice. She should get her own spin-off with Blaine and Kurt in a dingy NYC apartment, scraping to get by. THEN Jesse St. James could come back and Finn gets wind of it and there will be yet ANOTHER love triangle except it won’t be awful…
    Bottom line, Glee should stop with the guest stars and tribute episodes and start focusing on the damn plot. I don’t like angst, but I do enjoy healthy high school drama and real problems. Also, I’m thrilled with Kurt’s storyline; obviously he won’t be getting as much attention (by the way, Darren Criss got pretty much a solo every second episode since he appeared. I mean, I love his voice, but fan service much?), but I hope that he and Blaine can emerge as a healthy example of homosexual relationship; that’s probably also an important message to send. They will have their own shares of drama and personal problems but I hope they can emerge as two in-depth characters who are right for each other.
    Also, Matthew Morrison has kind of dried out. Jane Lynch running for Congress can be fun but then again, Sue’s league of supervillains was pathetic. Her storyline with her sister was far more touching.
    What happened to nice Broadway numbers? Those made me fall in love with Lea Michele and Chris Colfer. He — dare I say it — almost upstaged Ethel and Patti though not quite Bernadette in Rose’s Turn.

Comment by Plotter – July 3, 2011 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • More Rachel and Kurt! As a spinoff, I mean, not on the show. Sure, kick them off if you have to (by the way, Ryan Murphy, I will laugh IN YOUR FACE when Season 4 crashes and burns without Rachel, Kurt or Quinn). GIVE THEM A FRICKING SPINOFF ALREADY WOULD YOU!

that’s all i ask. rachel and kurt. and hopefully quinn; she’s so pretty.

Comment by achele is what i ship – July 18, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed (:

darren criss is a terrible actor. i’m sorry but he really is. he’s bad at acting, and his original works – seriously? they’re crap. they SPELL crap. sorry if i sound like a prejudiced hater – i’m not. my best friend ships klaine and i sincerely gave them a chance. i love kurt, but blaine should go. his acting is stiff and although there’s chemistry- no.

no. darren criss must go. kurt deserves better than blaine.

A SPINOFF IN NYC OH PLEASE! with rachel and kurt doubtlessly. and finn – lima. or football college. some crap like that. and ‘cedes could – i could foresee her with rachel (NOT AS A COUPLE, just as roomies). quinn could go to nyc for modeling- something superficial like that. dianna’s gorgeous. and lea’s so talented. as is chris.

anyway, darren criss must go. sorry for the offensiveness this post might have had to any fans, but such is my honest opinion.

AND goddamn ryan murphy give us more music. WE LOVE YOUR MUSIC with certain exceptions like run joey run.

Comment by lavender poppydill – July 18, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Most of the cast will be leaving at the end of season three? Oh Mr. Shue, just do us all a favor- pull a Vocal Adrenaline and just flunk the entire Glee Club for a year or, i don’t know, seven. There’d be no complaints on my end.

Comment by Catherine – July 20, 2011 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine is a definate and as much as I love chord overstreet he is most likely done on glee he is missing in every promo cast listing and photo that has to do with the third season I personally would rather them get rid of rachel and keep chord there because he in my opinion is a better character lot a self centered diva and has a way better voice, I don’t know but if anything happens I just want cheer leader blaine!!!!

Comment by Natalie – September 4, 2011 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine is the best! maybe it’s just cause I’m a Starkid and Darren’s the reason i started watching the show but he’s amazing! I freakin love him. I love the whole Klaine story.

Comment by sidney – October 1, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No offence but fans like you really feck me off, you don’t about Glee at all, you only care about Darren. Get over the fact that Blaine is played by Darren and see the mess of a character he is. Do you really think Darren’s popularity isn’t going to suffer if Blaine continues to hog all the screen time?

Comment by Rhiannon – October 3, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ha

Comment by Sophie – November 7, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will we see Finn and Puck in season 4 at William McKinley High School
    More Finn And Puck in season 4

Comment by Erin – May 28, 2012 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The app is available for most phones and can be found and downloaded at runkeeper.
    I had a personal trainer off and on when I could afford it.
    For accountability purposes, internet trainers usually require that their clients stay in contact
    during the week via email and the trainer website.

Comment by freedom – August 12, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post