The CW Reveals Fall Premiere Dates: Which Show Are You Most Excited For?

The CW is the first network to unveil its premiere plan for the fall, and Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Ringer will help ring in the 2011-12 TV season starting September 13.

Conversely, The O.C. alumna Rachel Bilson’s Hart of Dixie will close out The CW’s two-week premiere roll-out, while Kevin Williamson’s The Secret Circle lands somewhere in the middle.

All told, The CW’s schedule looks a little something like this:

Fall TV Preview: TVLine’s Guide to All the New Shows

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13
8/7c 90210
9 pm Ringer [new series]

The CW’s Fall Schedule: Sarah Michelle Gellar Back on Tuesdays, Nikita Makes Move

WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
8 pm H8R [new series]
9 pm America’s Next Top Model

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
8 pm The Vampire Diaries
9 pm The Secret Circle [new series]

Fall 2011 TV Grid: Where Did Your Favorite Shows Land?

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
8 pm Nikita
9 pm Supernatural

Supernatural Spoiler: Season 7 Theme Revealed

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26
8 pm Gossip Girl
9 pm Hart of Dixie [new series]

One Tree Hill, though renewed for a 13-episode “farewell season,” will ride the pine until midseason, as will the new reality series The Frame and Re-Modeled.

1. Jamie says:

Seems like they want Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie to really succeed next season.

Giving them a whole week of ORIGINAL episodes to promote it could be could.

And Ringer is bound to have a big opening to promote the rest of the week.

Really happy with this.

2. Steven says:

Isn’t it a little early for that?

3. Jamie says:

@MATT

What are the episode orders and the chances OTH gets a full-season?

• lorna says:

Hart of Dixie won’t last. FFS I pray OTH does not get a full season, as a former die hard fan, please just let the show die! Excited for the Ringer, still sad over LUX. THANK GOD DAWN OSTROFF IS GONE! I despise her for her terrible job.

4. Sivat says:

Just excited for Supernatural, Vampire Diaries, and Ringer!

5. Kyle says:

I was expecting for the announcement. Rooting for Ringer, 90210, Vampire Diaries, Nikita, H8R and Hart of Dixie!

6. Clarissa Bowen says:

Not too worried about Supernatural but I am concerned with Nikita being moved to Friday’s (although I predicted that would happen when the show first started). Not sure it has a strong enough following for people to stay home Friday nights too watch. If it fails, there’s no one to blame but the CW. It’s a great show and I want to see it succeed beyond a second season. Excited for Ringer, the return of TVD, and I will check out Secret Circle although the trailer didn’t sell me at all.

• Michael says:

Nikita followed the CW’s highest rated show for a year. If it hasn’t managed to grab enough of an audience to follow it, it probably shouldn’t be on the air. You can blame the CW for many blunders but they handled and supported THIS show well. It’s up to the writers and actors to keep it going.

7. CR says:

Looking forward to Secret Circle! Can’t wait for that one, looks very promising.

8. Kevin says:

Hoping that the CW could possibly have a Vampire Diaries/Secret Circle crossover episode in mind.

9. sheilar88 says:

Really excited for The Vampire Diaries, Nikita & Supernatural to return!! I also can’t wait for The Secret Circle, Ringer & Hart of Dixie to premiere!! :)

• Melody says:

This pretty much covers my CW watching as well. Very excited for the next season of Supernatural, the whole outlaw cowboy theme sounds very cool. I’m worried a bit about The Vampire Diaries, simply because of the large turns at the end of the season, they were fun but they could become a bit too melodramatic as well. I really liked the season finale of Nikita and can’t wait to see what will happen with NIkita and Alex on opposite sides. As for the newbies, they will get two episodes a piece to convince they are worth my time, but I have high hopes and I think that I will probably find at least one (hopefully three) new shows to enjoy.

10. Liz says:

for new series, i’m most excited about ringer. saw all the trailers and scenes and they were awesome! i love smg. and of course i can’t wait for new vampire diaries. i’m glad they posted premieres, now i have a light at the end of the tunnel. this summer is boring with no new tv :(

11. Tur says:

I can’t hardly wait for Ringer to premiere! Man, this show looks awesome! The return of Sarah to TV is just extra bonus.

12. Cash says:

I’m most excited about Nikita. The rest of the lineup, not so much.

13. Carrie says:

I’m all about “Supernatural” and “The Ringer”. I can’t wait to have SMG back on my TV screen.

14. SMidnite says:

I wish that ANTM had been given the earlier slot, so as not to conflict with other shows I watch.

15. Danielle H. says:

YAY FOR VAMPIRE DIARIES! ‘Nuff said.

16. Tee says:

I don’t have high hopes for Ringer but I’m still looking forward to at least checking it out.

• Tarc says:

Yeah, I don’t get the interest in Ringer. SMG is kind of cold and dull, and the plot sound sincredibly contrived, and I can’t imagine it having any ‘legs’ at all – how will they round out a full season of episodes, let alone a renewal.

17. Michael says:

The CW finally seems to have a schedule that’s actually very… palatable?, dare I say it. Ringer was a great get for them, hopefully it’ll be a success story. H8R looks trashy enough to work. And The Secret Circle will finally give *me* something to watch after TVD. It feels a little like branching out to both genders. That new CW prez is doing well already.

IDK about Hart of Dixie, I love Schwartz and Bilson is great but… well, I’ll give it a try.

18. Monique says:

Vampire Diaries..and OF COURSE Supernatural.. P.S. Hope “Ringer” lives up to the “hype” I love SMG.

19. Terry says:

The only show on the CW that I am eagerly awaiting is Supernatural.

20. Tam says:

I can’t wait for Nikita season 2! The last half of season 1 rocked!

21. scott says:

Anyone notice that not tvline’s Mitovich has yet to comment publically on “Ringer”? He tweeted that he saw the pilot but refuses to say anything more. Could it be he thinks it sucks? Could it be that CW buys ad space here?

• Tarc says:

Personally, I think the plotline looks decent for a two hour movie, not a TV series.

• Gerald says:

Actually if you read his twitter account you would notice that he has said stuff about Ringer, like:

Nitesh Arora
      Nitesh_Arora Nitesh Arora
      @
      @MattMitovich any favorites so far?
      12 Jun
      in reply to ↑
      Matt Mitovich
      @MattMitovich Matt Mitovich
      @Nitesh_Arora We are not allowed to offer reviews this early. But thus far SMASH, ONCE UPON A TIME and RINGER are near top of my list.
      12 Jun via web

and
      RINGER has a good messy twist that wasn’t blabbed in any of the previews. Color me sufficiently curious.
      4 Jun via UberSocial

That being said the reviews have been mostly positive and I think that at the end of the day it is up to us to see if we are going to watch it or not… I just hate when people make their decisions by basing it on the opinion of others

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Thank you, Gerald, for trotting out some facts. RINGER is currently in the No. 4 spot (out of about 20) on my pilot rankings-to-date.

22. ladyhelix says:

RINGER: I still enthusiastically follow the Whedonverse writers wherever they have go – but am surprised/confused that I’m not at all moved about SMG coming back to TV. I could take it or leave it.

23. Charlotte Hendry says:

I am oddly excited about the Gossip Girl premiere. The show had gone somewhat stale over the years, but the dialogue and unexpected (for me at least) of a Blair/Dan friendship was really fun and exciting.

I’ll check out Ringer of course and my friends and I are taking bets on how many plot twists TVD will have in its return episode.

24. seeker25 says:

definitely NIKITA!! its the best show…along with The Vampire Diaries. I can’t wait for 90210 either. As for the new shows premiering. I not all that excited about it. They’ll def be axed anyway so why even bother wasting 40+ mins of my life on them.

25. GW says:

I’m eagerly awaiting the return of the best show on tv – Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries and Nikita. And excited for the new shows – Ringer, Hart of Dixie and maybe Secret Circle (if its any good, the promo was kinda blah for me)

26. Jo says:

Need to actually watch season two of VD, but I saw the finale and loved it, so once that’s done I’ll be waiting for s3. I’ll check out some GG, but now 90210 have gotton rid of Teddy (who last season was the only storyline I watched and actually liked) I’ll be giving it a miss. The Secret Circle looks okay, so i’ll tune in for a few epis to see. Nikita bored me, but friday’s looking up with Supernatural again. this new cw dude is doing well already.

27. Emily says:

Really excited for Ringer, Vampire Diaries, Nikita and Secret Circle. May take a look at Hart of Dixie too.

28. jana says:

can t wait for supernatural so glad it isn t later, i hope it will do well

29. Courtney says:

I love both The Vampire Diaries and Supernatural, but I love SPN more. I just don’t get why it’s always one of the last shows that comes back, a week following the TVD.

30. tvfan says:

OC REUNION with Rachel and Josh Schwartz! I miss that show so much! Also, I can’t wait for season 5 of GG! Sounds exciting!

31. Jared says:

I’m most looking forward to Ringer! It looks like an intriguing thriller and Sarah M Gellar is just stellar. Sept 13th – already marked in my calendar!

32. Juliana says:

going crazy to finally go out the seventh season of supernatural. I can not wait to get started!
    Supernaural forever *-*

33. Damon says:

NIKITA, SUPERNATURAL AND TVD are the only reason I watch the CW… I’m excited to see Ringer. It has an AMAZING plot…. Hart Of Dixie won’t survive, it’ll probably be cancelled after the 1st season. CW, cancel GG already!! It’s gotten boring and predictable…. I wouldn’t mind if the CW renewed 90210 for a 4th season.

34. TJCrinc says:

i was secretly hoping smallville would be on this list. Yeah i know. its done and gone but we can all dream cant we? a show thats with you for half of your life will stick with you for the rest of it.

35. william says:

I don’t care what they show as long as Fringe comes back, It was just getting good and all the characters story lines can be extended in more tales..I look foward to its return. thank you for the forum

36. Kayleigh says:

I was going to post a comment, but it would have pretty much said the same exact thing as you so just figured to reply to it.

37. Kayleigh says:

Pretty much every show I watch is CW. Love Nikita, but moving to Fridays for a show is never good.