First Look: Scooby-Doo's 'Mr. E' Is Revealed!

Hey there, it’s Matt Mitovich. One of my twin 8-year-old sons recently gave TVLine his review of the first midseason episodes of Cartoon Network’s Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (Tuesdays at 7:30/6:30c). Well, Jared has got the blogging bug and now wants to preview Season 1′s final episodes. But wait, there’s more! Through a well-placed source (nicknamed “Dad”), Jared also secured an exclusive first look at the puppetmaster who has taunted Fred, Daphne et al throughout the series’ freshman run….

Hi, Scooby-Doo fans! Jared Mitovich reporting here! We’re now in the 20s of the episodes of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. I’m going to tell you about the six last episodes. Here we go!

♦ Episode 21 (airing June 21): “Menace of the Manticore”
♦ Episode 22 (June 28): “Attack of the Headless Horror”
♦ Episode 23 (July 5): “A Haunting in Crystal Cove”
♦ Episode 24 (July 12): “Dead Justice”
♦ Episode 25 (July 19): “Pawn of Shadows”
♦ Episode 26 (July 26): “All Fear the Freak”

I’m going to give you this secret. Promise you won’t tell anyone. They hinted at this last week, but we’ll find out if Angel Dynamite really is her name. Also, Mr. E is revealed in “Menace of the Manticore.” Exciting, huh? I’m excited. Oh, by the way, wait until you’re face-to-face with Mr. E. Just to let you know, he’s got a bit of a tummy! Here he is sitting by a computer showing the original Mystery Incorporated gang — Judy, Cassidy, Ricky, Brad and Professor Pericles:

P.S. Look at the picture closely. Who do you think Mr. E is?

I have to say, and I don’t know what you think, but Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated is probably No. 1 on the Best Scooby-Doo Series chart. (I don’t know if they have one, but if they do, it probably is numero uno!)

Shhh! Don’t tell anyone this, either: In one of the upcoming episodes, Daphne and Freddy decide to get… married! Now, probably some of you are surprised and ewwed out about this. I know I am.

Now that you have information, I bet you’re thinking, “Oh, I want to see the new episodes right now!” I’m like that, too! And… Whoa, whoa! No need to thank me for telling you all of this info! Bye!

TAGS:
GET MORE: Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Marcus Dixon says:

Awesome job, Jared! You’re a great writer in the making.

2. Renee says:

Jared you did a great job. (And Matt you are edging toward father of the year.)

3. marlys says:

Excellent review!!!!Makes me want SD at home again!!!!

4. Kiki says:

Thanks for the scoop Jared! Don’t know why they have to go and muck the show up by having people get married. Liked it better back in the old days when they were all “just” friends.

5. Danielle H. says:

Great report, Jared!

6. Sock monkey says:

i’ve already seen the whole season!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

So have my sons, but I have expertly schooled them in the art of teasing versus outright spoiling.

• Overdamoon says:

So, you admit you love to tease your readers, Matt!! Great report, Jared! If you start writing Blind Item, I’m packing my bags.. ;)

• Jared says:

Lucky ducky! I haven’t. Oh, right. You live in Canada? In Canada, Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated is on Teletoon, and there episdoes air earlier than they do in the USA. Oh well.

7. Grandma Becky says:

It’s good to know Jared has something productive to work on this summer. Just wait until he starts “nibbling” at your assignments! Great work, Jared…xo

8. Jason says:

Why is this even on this site? Scooby Doo? Seriously?!

• Overdamoon says:

It’s a TV show on CN, dude! One of the longest running franchises around. Used to grow up with it. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

• Jared says:

Sorry to dissapoint you (what can I say? I love Scooby Doo!) :)

• Amber says:

Jared, you are adorable. Keep up your positive attitude and your interest in writing, and ignore the jerks who spend their time commenting on articles about things they don’t care about, and you’ll do great in life!

9. NS says:

I have to say I am rather embarrassed to admit that I am a hardcore fan of this show and also a student at university. But I’m not all that ashamed as this is (in my opinion) a really edgy and entertaining show. Like many; I grew up watching the original series and until not long ago was actually cast as Daphne (yes I’m completely serious) at a Warner Bros. themed amusement park where I live. So basically I have always had an interest in Scooby-Doo but it wasn’t until this series aired that I actually saw the characters as three dimensional personalities. I love the fact that these kids actually do have “teenage attitudes” sometimes and that there’s more to them than just their sleuth personas. This version of Velma kinda reminds of a more enthusiastic Daria Morgendorffer and this Daphne reminds me of a less ditzy Quinn Morgendorffer. It’s a really funny show, I like that it’s quite dark and the over arching storyline is brilliant. The art style of this series really impresses me too. Definitely no.1 Scooby.

10. WyldeMan45 says:

So how long will it be before Jared start’s presenting his reviews of Game of Thrones. :D

11. darclyte says:

Thanks Jared!
    It’s clearly the best Scooby-Doo series since the original 2.
    The writing is more crisp, and the characters are MUCH more defined, but it’s tough to beat those first 2 series in terms of the villains and the overall appeal of the Scooby gang.

12. Jordayna says:

Great review! We are so excited to see what happens next! Thanks Jared! I hope you got your Dad a great Father’s Day gift!

13. Stephen says:

Since you said to look at the picture closely, i have a strong feeling that Mr. E is really the shaggy of the old mystery inc. (i can’t remember his name) This guess is going by the nose and the way his hair stands up in the back. What do you guys think?

14. Dylan says:

Thanks for all the information. I am like, the most obsessed fan of S.D. in the history of fans.

15. Jared says:

Through out all the work I’ve done to make these awesome stories, I’m very proud of myself. You know it takes a lot of inteligence to make these detailed, funny stories! ;)

16. Jared says:

See the picture of Mr. E? You better not try and steal it and put it on your website (reason 1: It’s cheating Reason 2: You’ll get in trouble). :>

17. jacob says:

Mr.E is the guy with the bird on him i mean he has a goatee and he has a beard and he has a hair sticking up on his head and so does Mr.E and my guess is that Mr.E’s plot is to take scooby doo and do something with the gang. or something like that.

18. dee says:

you know, i never watched the new ones because in my mind, nothing beats the original version. but not gonna lie, after i read this, i totally wikipedia’d it. now i’m planning on watching it.

19. sherry says:

Great job jared. I have to admit I love scooby doo! !! I am a mother and my kids roll their eyes at me but I can’t help it I love the show. Anyway I have missed most of the mystery inc..episodes is there someplace on the web I can watch them to get caught up? Thanks.

20. Phillip says:

Fred’s Mom is probably Judy. Cassidy Williams is known as Angel Dynamite. Mr. E looks like shaggy when he was young, so I’m guessing he’s Ricky. {It seems his tummy hasn’t stayed thin. Will shaggy eventually get fat too!?} Fred’s Dad is Brad. Professor Pericles, is the same guy.
    Fred’s Mom ditched Fred’s dad over an issue with the planispheric disk.
    Or, she didn’t want to put Fred in danger because his Dad had a planispheric disk, which is supposdely cursed. My real question is this:
    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALL 5 DISKD ARE PUT TOGETHER and Who is covering up Mr.E’s tracks? Velam’s mom, Sheriff Broadson Stone, daphne’s mom and dad all seem suspiscious enough. Only time will tell. They should make a movie for the final episode! LOL!

21. Ur.Soul says:

something tells me that the one with prof pericles in the shoulder in the photo IS Mr.E,just look closely…

22. Kacie says:

Mr. E (mystery) Is the one and only Ricky Owens! Ricky Owens was one of the original Mystery Inc. Gang!
    This is what I’ve found out:
    Ricky- Shaggy
    Brad- Fred
    Cassidy- Velma
    Judy- Daphne
    Prof. Paraclease
    The mayor isn’t really Fred’s dad! Brad an Judy are his REAL parents.
    Angel from the radio station was actually Cassidy Williams! And Cassidy (angel) works for Mr. E (Ricky). I’m still trying to figure out who Ed, Mr. E’s assistant, is!
    -Kacie(:

23. Jared says:

Hi, guys. I’ll be posting a new story here on TvLine soon about Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Season 2, so stay tuned! :D

24. lola says:

hi i love the show
    and on the third episode i discoverd that cassidy is angel and ricky is mister e
    afew episodes later i discoverd that the mayor is the freek and that
    judy and brad are freds parents
    ps.im the biggest fann i have posters and all the episodes on disk
    plus i love the hex girls i know all ther lyrics to all ther songs.
    and my hair is exactly like daphnes hair my friends all think im like her. plus i want a second series because the first is really good

25. Jad says:

When are you going to find mystery incorporated?

26. piers says:

ITS RICKY OWENS I KNOW IT IS AND FREDS REAL MUM IS JUDY AND REAL DAD IS BRAD

27. praneet kumar says:

hey jared when is scooby doo mystery inc season 2 airing?

28. Sávio. says:

In “Scooby-Doo: Mystery, Incorporated”, Fred discover that his parents don’t are the same that he knew…

But in “Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!”, Fred’s parents appear and they isn’t nin his adoptive parents, nor his biological parents…

What’s the explanation for this?

29. abc says:

is Mr E ricky from the original mystery incorperated gang

30. jell-o says:

are they makeing a new season ??? :o

31. mirjanaojanajdraza says:

ja obozavam skubi dua on je moj idol

32. tom says:

i like scooby doo very much and i olso no all the original mystery ink.
    brad chiles-fred’s father
    judy reves-freds’ modder
    cassidy williams-angel dinymite
    ricky owens-mr E
    parriclees -well everyone nose him!!!!!!!!!

33. tom says:

fred and daphne is in love 1min
    and then daphne is in love with baylor hotner
    then baylor is the cry baby clown and daphne
    is back with fred

34. harry says:

hi scooby doo fans do you know what happend to cassidy after the
    midnight sone (well if you have watch it!)

35. garry says:

mr.e is ricky if you heard professor peracles say it in one of the episodes