First Look: Scooby-Doo's 'Mr. E' Is Revealed!

Get More: Previews, Scoop, Spoilers

Hey there, it’s Matt Mitovich. One of my twin 8-year-old sons recently gave TVLine his review of the first midseason episodes of Cartoon Network’s Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (Tuesdays at 7:30/6:30c). Well, Jared has got the blogging bug and now wants to preview Season 1′s final episodes. But wait, there’s more! Through a well-placed source (nicknamed “Dad”), Jared also secured an exclusive first look at the puppetmaster who has taunted Fred, Daphne et al throughout the series’ freshman run….

Hi, Scooby-Doo fans! Jared Mitovich reporting here! We’re now in the 20s of the episodes of Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. I’m going to tell you about the six last episodes. Here we go!

♦ Episode 21 (airing June 21): “Menace of the Manticore”
♦ Episode 22 (June 28): “Attack of the Headless Horror”
♦ Episode 23 (July 5): “A Haunting in Crystal Cove”
♦ Episode 24 (July 12): “Dead Justice”
♦ Episode 25 (July 19): “Pawn of Shadows”
♦ Episode 26 (July 26): “All Fear the Freak”

I’m going to give you this secret. Promise you won’t tell anyone. They hinted at this last week, but we’ll find out if Angel Dynamite really is her name. Also, Mr. E is revealed in “Menace of the Manticore.” Exciting, huh? I’m excited. Oh, by the way, wait until you’re face-to-face with Mr. E. Just to let you know, he’s got a bit of a tummy! Here he is sitting by a computer showing the original Mystery Incorporated gang — Judy, Cassidy, Ricky, Brad and Professor Pericles:

P.S. Look at the picture closely. Who do you think Mr. E is?

I have to say, and I don’t know what you think, but Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated is probably No. 1 on the Best Scooby-Doo Series chart. (I don’t know if they have one, but if they do, it probably is numero uno!)

Shhh! Don’t tell anyone this, either: In one of the upcoming episodes, Daphne and Freddy decide to get… married! Now, probably some of you are surprised and ewwed out about this. I know I am.

Now that you have information, I bet you’re thinking, “Oh, I want to see the new episodes right now!” I’m like that, too! And… Whoa, whoa! No need to thank me for telling you all of this info! Bye!

Comments (53)

• Awesome job, Jared! You’re a great writer in the making.

Comment by Marcus Dixon – June 18, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jared you did a great job. (And Matt you are edging toward father of the year.)

Comment by Renee – June 18, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent review!!!!Makes me want SD at home again!!!!

Comment by marlys – June 18, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the scoop Jared! Don’t know why they have to go and muck the show up by having people get married. Liked it better back in the old days when they were all “just” friends.

Comment by Kiki – June 18, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Careful now – Jared didn’t say they *actually* get married ;)

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 18, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • As long as they never try to bring back Scrappy…

Comment by Kiki – June 19, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • This past week’s episode had (what I perceived to be) a funny, disparaging nod to the villain of the 2nd live-action SCOOBY movie.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – June 19, 2011 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There not going to try to bring back Scrappy, dont worry.

Comment by Jared – June 19, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • what happened to scrappy doo….?? where is he…??

Comment by Abhishek – December 4, 2011 10:37 PM PDT
  • Great report, Jared!

Comment by Danielle H. – June 18, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’ve already seen the whole season!

Comment by Sock monkey – June 18, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So have my sons, but I have expertly schooled them in the art of teasing versus outright spoiling.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 18, 2011 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, you admit you love to tease your readers, Matt!! Great report, Jared! If you start writing Blind Item, I’m packing my bags.. ;)

Comment by Overdamoon – June 19, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lucky ducky! I haven’t. Oh, right. You live in Canada? In Canada, Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated is on Teletoon, and there episdoes air earlier than they do in the USA. Oh well.

Comment by Jared – June 20, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s good to know Jared has something productive to work on this summer. Just wait until he starts “nibbling” at your assignments! Great work, Jared…xo

Comment by Grandma Becky – June 18, 2011 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this even on this site? Scooby Doo? Seriously?!

Comment by Jason – June 18, 2011 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s a TV show on CN, dude! One of the longest running franchises around. Used to grow up with it. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?

Comment by Overdamoon – June 19, 2011 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry to dissapoint you (what can I say? I love Scooby Doo!) :)

Comment by Jared – June 19, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Jared, you are adorable. Keep up your positive attitude and your interest in writing, and ignore the jerks who spend their time commenting on articles about things they don’t care about, and you’ll do great in life!

Comment by Amber – June 20, 2011 12:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to say I am rather embarrassed to admit that I am a hardcore fan of this show and also a student at university. But I’m not all that ashamed as this is (in my opinion) a really edgy and entertaining show. Like many; I grew up watching the original series and until not long ago was actually cast as Daphne (yes I’m completely serious) at a Warner Bros. themed amusement park where I live. So basically I have always had an interest in Scooby-Doo but it wasn’t until this series aired that I actually saw the characters as three dimensional personalities. I love the fact that these kids actually do have “teenage attitudes” sometimes and that there’s more to them than just their sleuth personas. This version of Velma kinda reminds of a more enthusiastic Daria Morgendorffer and this Daphne reminds me of a less ditzy Quinn Morgendorffer. It’s a really funny show, I like that it’s quite dark and the over arching storyline is brilliant. The art style of this series really impresses me too. Definitely no.1 Scooby.

Comment by NS – June 19, 2011 04:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So how long will it be before Jared start’s presenting his reviews of Game of Thrones. :D

Comment by WyldeMan45 – June 19, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Jared!
    It’s clearly the best Scooby-Doo series since the original 2.
    The writing is more crisp, and the characters are MUCH more defined, but it’s tough to beat those first 2 series in terms of the villains and the overall appeal of the Scooby gang.

Comment by darclyte – June 19, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great review! We are so excited to see what happens next! Thanks Jared! I hope you got your Dad a great Father’s Day gift!

Comment by Jordayna – June 19, 2011 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, trust me, Jacob and I got him a big gift! :)

Comment by Jared – June 19, 2011 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since you said to look at the picture closely, i have a strong feeling that Mr. E is really the shaggy of the old mystery inc. (i can’t remember his name) This guess is going by the nose and the way his hair stands up in the back. What do you guys think?

Comment by Stephen – June 19, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ricky is his name, didn’t realize it said it in the article. :P

Comment by Stephen – June 19, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good job guessing. By the way, I think you’re right! :D

Comment by Jared – June 20, 2011 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ya your write i saw the whole series and i know. i really want to see the next season. dose any one know where i can

Comment by dodo – June 26, 2011 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The nose knows.

Comment by Bob – June 20, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for all the information. I am like, the most obsessed fan of S.D. in the history of fans.

Comment by Dylan – June 20, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Through out all the work I’ve done to make these awesome stories, I’m very proud of myself. You know it takes a lot of inteligence to make these detailed, funny stories! ;)

Comment by Jared – June 20, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • See the picture of Mr. E? You better not try and steal it and put it on your website (reason 1: It’s cheating Reason 2: You’ll get in trouble). :>

Comment by Jared – June 20, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr.E is the guy with the bird on him i mean he has a goatee and he has a beard and he has a hair sticking up on his head and so does Mr.E and my guess is that Mr.E’s plot is to take scooby doo and do something with the gang. or something like that.

Comment by jacob – June 22, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you know, i never watched the new ones because in my mind, nothing beats the original version. but not gonna lie, after i read this, i totally wikipedia’d it. now i’m planning on watching it.

Comment by dee – June 26, 2011 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great job jared. I have to admit I love scooby doo! !! I am a mother and my kids roll their eyes at me but I can’t help it I love the show. Anyway I have missed most of the mystery inc..episodes is there someplace on the web I can watch them to get caught up? Thanks.

Comment by sherry – July 6, 2011 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fred’s Mom is probably Judy. Cassidy Williams is known as Angel Dynamite. Mr. E looks like shaggy when he was young, so I’m guessing he’s Ricky. {It seems his tummy hasn’t stayed thin. Will shaggy eventually get fat too!?} Fred’s Dad is Brad. Professor Pericles, is the same guy.
    Fred’s Mom ditched Fred’s dad over an issue with the planispheric disk.
    Or, she didn’t want to put Fred in danger because his Dad had a planispheric disk, which is supposdely cursed. My real question is this:
    WHAT HAPPENS WHEN ALL 5 DISKD ARE PUT TOGETHER and Who is covering up Mr.E’s tracks? Velam’s mom, Sheriff Broadson Stone, daphne’s mom and dad all seem suspiscious enough. Only time will tell. They should make a movie for the final episode! LOL!

Comment by Phillip – July 12, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • something tells me that the one with prof pericles in the shoulder in the photo IS Mr.E,just look closely…

Comment by Ur.Soul – July 24, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mr. E (mystery) Is the one and only Ricky Owens! Ricky Owens was one of the original Mystery Inc. Gang!
    This is what I’ve found out:
    Ricky- Shaggy
    Brad- Fred
    Cassidy- Velma
    Judy- Daphne
    Prof. Paraclease
    The mayor isn’t really Fred’s dad! Brad an Judy are his REAL parents.
    Angel from the radio station was actually Cassidy Williams! And Cassidy (angel) works for Mr. E (Ricky). I’m still trying to figure out who Ed, Mr. E’s assistant, is!
    -Kacie(:

Comment by Kacie – July 31, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I AM STILL TRYING TO WORK THAT OUT TO

Comment by lucy – June 13, 2012 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hi, guys. I’ll be posting a new story here on TvLine soon about Scooby Doo Mystery Inc. Season 2, so stay tuned! :D

Comment by Jared – October 5, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hi i love the show
    and on the third episode i discoverd that cassidy is angel and ricky is mister e
    afew episodes later i discoverd that the mayor is the freek and that
    judy and brad are freds parents
    ps.im the biggest fann i have posters and all the episodes on disk
    plus i love the hex girls i know all ther lyrics to all ther songs.
    and my hair is exactly like daphnes hair my friends all think im like her. plus i want a second series because the first is really good

Comment by lola – October 12, 2011 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When are you going to find mystery incorporated?

Comment by Jad – October 13, 2011 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ITS RICKY OWENS I KNOW IT IS AND FREDS REAL MUM IS JUDY AND REAL DAD IS BRAD

Comment by piers – October 16, 2011 03:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey jared when is scooby doo mystery inc season 2 airing?

Comment by praneet kumar – November 9, 2011 02:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In “Scooby-Doo: Mystery, Incorporated”, Fred discover that his parents don’t are the same that he knew…

But in “Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!”, Fred’s parents appear and they isn’t nin his adoptive parents, nor his biological parents…

What’s the explanation for this?

Comment by Sávio. – December 31, 2011 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is Mr E ricky from the original mystery incorperated gang

Comment by abc – July 7, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are they makeing a new season ??? :o

Comment by jell-o – July 19, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ja obozavam skubi dua on je moj idol

Comment by mirjanaojanajdraza – December 13, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i like scooby doo very much and i olso no all the original mystery ink.
    brad chiles-fred’s father
    judy reves-freds’ modder
    cassidy williams-angel dinymite
    ricky owens-mr E
    parriclees -well everyone nose him!!!!!!!!!

Comment by tom – January 5, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • fred and daphne is in love 1min
    and then daphne is in love with baylor hotner
    then baylor is the cry baby clown and daphne
    is back with fred

Comment by tom – January 5, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hi scooby doo fans do you know what happend to cassidy after the
    midnight sone (well if you have watch it!)

Comment by harry – January 5, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mr.e is ricky if you heard professor peracles say it in one of the episodes

Comment by garry – August 2, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post