It’s not nearly as creepy as Bon Temps’ bloodsucker Franklin Mott (or is it?), but James Frain has landed a one-episode guest spot on the USA Network dramedy, says EW.com, playing a high-powered pharma boss who goes to extremes to protect his secrets.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Season 10 may have just ended, but American Idol is already launching its next round of auditions on Tuesday, June 28 — yes, just 11 days from now! For a complete list of the first seven dates and locations, which include San Diego, California and Houston, Texas, visit AmericanIdol.com.
• Entourage is cashing is on WeinerGate. Or at least trying to. Per The Hollywood Reporter, creator Doug Ellin reached out to recently-resigned New York Representative Anthony Weiner about making a cameo in the HBO comedy’s final season (premiering July 24). This far, the disgraced politico’s response has been “nothing.”
• Cougar Town‘s Courteney Cox and estranged hubby David Arquette are getting into the game show biz. The duo will act as executive producers on the pilot for CBS’ Identity Crisis, where teams of two have to identify names of famous folk. Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson is close to signing on as host, says The Hollywood Reporter.
• Black Swan mastermind Darren Aronofsky has come on board to direct and executive-produce HBO’s new World War II pilot, Hobgoblin, says Deadline.
• Discovery Channel has set a Sunday, July 10 premiere for Secrets of Seal Team Six, a special that takes viewers inside the top-secret group that just took down Osama Bin Laden.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?